• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG he has Suros regime. So should I join the flock of sad sheep and get it?

*shrugs* If you want. I had like 50 coins so I figured 'screw it' and picked it up, and put it in my stash. I'll pull it out if Bungie screws me over and decides that the next Iron Banner will require level 6 to buy anything from the merchant dude.

I generally find auto-rifles incredibly unsatisfying to use, but they destroy in the Crucible, so what can you do? Gotta have at least one awesome AR, and I have like 3 now solely for that purpose.

Marvel

could never
Oh hey guys I got my Hunter alt to 29 last night... so I can now join the HM Raids twice now.

That sparrow shall be mine, MINE I tells you!

I'm also down for a Normal run for that flawless raider trophy after the reset.

Oh hey guys I got my Hunter alt to 29 last night... so Ican HM Raid twice now.

That sparrow shall be mine, MINE I tells you!

I will trade you that sparrow for a Multitool or Last Word straight up.

Oh wait, I can't, because player agency and community are meaningless concepts to Bungie and their 'vision' for how players should play Destiny.

I'd wager it's hard for Bungie to focus their vision when their head is so far up their own ass, but...

Am I fucking brain-dead? I'm starting to question it.

Cause I don't understand why I can get through pretty much the entire Raid in 60 minutes... except this goddamn, life-sucking, soul-destroying, gatekeeper portal bullshit, which I can spend up to 2 hours failing before fluking into victory without changing a goddamn thing about my strategy.

Go in one portal, take out gatekeeper until he's almost dead. Back out. Go to next portal. Kill gatekeeper, retrieve relic, go back to other portal, kill gatekeeper immediately, retrieve relic, throw middle-fingers in the air in Bungie's general direction.

I've been part of groups that have done it quite easily. And eventually it always works. But my god, if there isn't some niggling bullshit that goes wrong 99 times out of 100 that absolutely ass-fucks you, and renders all the progress made in that attempt mute by virtue of not having 6 healthy guardians targeting exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Oh, and I've basically completed two full sets of raid gear, cause god forbid the game actually give me the Multitool and The Last Word or even the Confluence of Whatever-the-fuck that I actually want. Argh.

/rant

*goes to sleep*

have two people solo both portals at the same time and be done with it. if they have a good rocket launcher like gjallarhorn, they're out in a minute.

blackflag

I don't understand the multi-tool hype I see on here.

It doesn't help find chests

It hits for over 200 less than cryptic dragon and vision of confluence on crit shots.

It has a terrible scope

Tekku

The small magazine wouldn't even be a big deal if they just retooled how the trait works. 6 shots really isn't an issue. The slow reload sucks and should be adjusted slightly. Fortunately chain of woe helps with that, but of course not every class has that.

The magazine is a pretty big deal if you consider that the best handcannons in the game have at least 8 bullets, most of them 11-13. That lets you take down 3 targets without reloading. And even if you do reload without emptying your magazine your reload speed is much quicker than Thorn even if you use equipment modifiers with it. I just can't see how Thorn is competitive when you compare it to Hawkmoon, TLW, Lord High and Devil.

Am I fucking brain-dead? I'm starting to question it.

Cause I don't understand why I can get through pretty much the entire Raid in 60 minutes... except this goddamn, life-sucking, soul-destroying, gatekeeper portal bullshit, which I can spend up to 2 hours failing before fluking into victory without changing a goddamn thing about my strategy.

Go in one portal, take out gatekeeper until he's almost dead. Back out. Go to next portal. Kill gatekeeper, retrieve relic, go back to other portal, kill gatekeeper immediately, retrieve relic, throw middle-fingers in the air in Bungie's general direction.

I've been part of groups that have done it quite easily. And eventually it always works. But my god, if there isn't some niggling bullshit that goes wrong 99 times out of 100 that absolutely ass-fucks you, and renders all the progress made in that attempt mute by virtue of not having 6 healthy guardians targeting exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Oh, and I've basically completed two full sets of raid gear, cause god forbid the game actually give me the Multitool and The Last Word or even the Confluence of Whatever-the-fuck that I actually want. Argh.

/rant

*goes to sleep*

The way we've done it (successfully and fast) on hard mode is that:

2 people go in the left portal, they will be the ones who have experience with the relic and can deal a lot of damage with a weapon like fully leveled Icebreaker or a rocket launcher. Other 4 will defend. The 2 quickly take out the gatekeeper, then one person leaves to provide support to the outside team (staying close to the portal) while the other grabs the relic comes out and cleanses both himself and the other person who went in.

Then everyone goes to the right portal while two people go to the central conflux to defend it. The relic holder and the other person go in again inside. The relic holder uses their super on the gatekeeper to the knock off about half off the bosses health while the other guy finishes him off, grabs the relic and they both get out and defend the central conflux until the encounter ends.

TTG

Just got my first exotic crucible drop, alas it is not The Last Word, it's Truth. I now have both of the exotic rocket launchers... and will continue to use Corrective Measure. I feel soiled for doing so, but we've all got choices to make in life.

blazeuk

Quote this post and add your name if you'd like to join. If your psn is different, add it next to your gaff name.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Titan Defender lvl 30
2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof
4. blazeuk - Warlock Sunsinger lvl 28

Edit:

Ps4

Please add your class and level

I've run the raid a few times before so I'm happy to step aside if there's someone who hasn't done it before.

SharkJAW

Got a second mythoclast and dismantled it before I realuzed I could've given it to my other character to mitigate equipment switching :(

GutZ31

beat another raid with my alt, no gear at all. All ass mats except for chatterwhite. So frustrating.

Everyone that has done the raid and gotten next to nothing so far.
84331472.gif

I felt this way after I had done the raid at least 15 times, and my brother did it twice.
He was able to get level 30 within 2 raids, it took me 17.
Salt, salt everywhere.

Has a bunch of fans here

I just want it to add to my exotics collection, and because I think it's a good looking scout rifle.

I'm shallow. Despite having all the raid gear, I don't equip most of it, because I prefer the look of some other legendary gear (unless I'm actually IN the raid and getting my ass kicked, then I equip it for the stat bonuses).

I got a Legendary Sojourn Vest Chest Armor for my Hunter only to find out it's identical in look to the Exodus Vest that I already have. Lame as hell. I wonder how many different looks their actually are.

blackflag

Just got a Universal Remote from an engram. These any good?i don't even use my invective in PVP but this feels a lot different. I was getting murdered by one in Rumble yesterday.

Pimpwerx

Dropped my main into the hard raid tonight. Got the raid chest armor, Praedyth's Revenge and Plan C from the Templar. That's my raiding done for the week. I paid it forward, sacrificing my entire Tuesday to get my friends helms and mythoclasts. In repayment, RNGesus has been very kind to me. I have a ton of helium and other materials to farm this weekend. If by some miracle I boat 16 motes tomorrow, I'll roll the dice on another gauntlet engram. Slim chance to none though.

I hope the patch isn't out Tue. I need at least one more week to get the titan raid helm. PEACE.

keakster

What do you need to do fir the first part of Pocket Infinity quest? Find a ghost kn shattered coast but where?

There is a room across from the statue of the Angel near where you activate your sparrow link, just past the entrance to the Ishtar Academy I believe

TTG

Going for 5000+ in a close game is so satisfying, stuff like that is the impetus to keep playing for me. God knows it's not the strikes.

I noticed :(

Bungie are going mad with nerf power.

I haven't done a vanguard bounty in weeks, why bother? The Crucible bounties today are great.

hydruxo

Finish because it's a fun bounty and Thorn is still an exotic and it sounds really cool when fired(downside:
looks like you're running around with a rather large dildo in your hand when sprint is activated though
).

What about The Last Word? It's the weapon I'm most yearning for now because of just about every damn reason that will be explained shortly by people who actually use it. Sight unseen I would rank it third in the game behind the Suros and Ice Breaker.

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Thorn bounty is the most frustrating one, I don't see what's so fun about being forced to change up your play style for the sake of void damage in PVP and then getting blasted by a million wizards and knights for Xyor.

Waldini

Can GAF help me get Atheon cheesed? Dont have the alternate to do it myself :( I have a 27 Warlock on XBONE but cant get him off the ledge.

Zakalwe

Banned
Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Thorn bounty is the most frustrating one, I don't see what's so fun about being forced to change up your play style for the sake of void damage in PVP and then getting blasted by a million wizards and knights for Xyor.

Going outside your comfort zone is how you become a better, more well rounded player.

Besides, it's supposed to be tough to achieve.

Yeah I guess that's what I meant.

Well, sometimes it's about feel. Not everyone wants to min/max all the time. Maybe those people enjoy using it for low level shenanigans like Patrol, strike playlist, bounties, etc...

hydruxo

Going outside your comfort zone is how you become a better, more well rounded player.

Besides, it's supposed to be tough to achieve.

There's nothing helping you be a more well rounded player if you don't have any good void weapons. It's just handicapping the way you play.

It's a stupid bounty for a bad weapon, even if it is getting buffed who knows when. There's no getting around that.

Ugh, now I see why people were talking about whether or not to upgrade the Suros. Of course I figure it out after I upgrade. I don't really have an issue with it because I go for head shots anyway, but man does it feel sluggish after being used to it pre upgrade (and Shadow Price). I wish I could switch it on/off when I felt like it like some of the other upgrades.

Edit: If you choose to not upgrade the zoomed bonus damage, can you simply skip it and still get the other upgrades? Or do you have to do that one to get the rest? Because if you have to do that one, then it's a no brainer to upgrade still imo. Otherwise you better think about how you play and what you like before getting that upgrade.

TTG

Ugh, now I see why people were talking about whether or not to upgrade the Suros. Of course I figure it out after I upgrade. I don't really have an issue with it because I go for head shots anyway, but man does it feel sluggish after being used to it pre upgrade. I wish I could switch it on/off when I felt like it like some of the other upgrades.

What? Focused Fire = cheat mode. Dude, I flat out no longer avoid 2 on 1 encounters unless I'm at close range or the topography is all wrong.

EDIT: if you want a pre Focused Fire Suros, Grim Citizen and the New Monarchy auto rifle are exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom