• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
screenshot!
I don't have it. Get it from Dead Orbit packages.
But this guy on Reddit does
FjoAGSg.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm certain that my Thorn made many new Suros users question their recent purchase tonight. Between it (PVP) and Devil You Know (PVE) the wait to get Hawkmoon/The Last Word has become more than acceptable.
i noticed a thing happening

lots of suros regime users running shotguns secondary on firebase delphi... getting killed a lot of times by pocket infinity. met them next match still running suros + but now whatever fusion rifle they had on hand instead of shotgun... still getting wrecked by pocket infinity. thorn seems like so much fun too...

i'm not sure suros needs any nerf, just buff other exotics :D

Shit, who was the other Hunter in the Raid group with MAD, mcstevens, and the others today? Breezy maybe? Forgot to ask what that red shader was. Love Chatterwhite, but every now and then some color for special occasions is welcome.

That Bittersteel shader is nice too.

LiK

Shit, who was the other Hunter in the Raid group with MAD, mcstevens, and the others today? Breezy maybe? Forgot to ask what that red shader was. Love Chatterwhite, but every now and then some color for special occasions is welcome.

All red? it's called God of War.

I wish Bungie would allow us to change weapons on the fly.

Maybe use the D-Pad. Left for primaries, right for secondary's and down for heavy's.

Pressing the button would scroll through the weapons in that criteria.

I mean let's be honest, no one really gives a shit about sitting down, pointing or dancing.

Those "gestures" could be remapped to swiping on the touchpad, similar to the way Warframe utilised it for using supers.

All red? it's called God of War.

I think it was. Didn't notice until near the end and we were too busy laying out what to expect as far as the fight and what roles people would take.

Speaking of which, great job to whoever went with Breezy and I when Atheon pulled a teleport job on us before we all separated properly. Was really unexpected and we rolled through that without any issues. Then again maybe I was the only odd man out in that instance.

Now if only I can figure out what knocked me off the map as soon as we went through the Gatekeeper portal on our first attempt there.

^WTH is with these people getting TLW? Almost worse than Raid boot snatchers.

Also, I think I'm the only player in Destiny with no Suros :/

Thanks based Xur for selling it while I'm at work for 2 weeks :I

Honestly tho, I don't think I could give up my icebreaker, even for that Gjallahorn launcher or whatever it's called....

Anybody have an atheon checkpoint normal/hard to help out my friend TBJeremy89? He had internet problems got booted and couldn't do the raid with us this week. Sad story I know. He is a warlock master cheeser too if you need help.

Grimsen

Glad to see Bungie is putting some effort in their special events. Hopefully the next PVE event will be good, because I have no interest in PVP, and two Iron Banner events in a row kinda sucks. :/

zewone

Haha, if it helps, this is the first break Rahool has EVER given me...

I was working on the Thorn bounty. Should I abandon that now? Is TLW better? What's its main claim to fame, I'm looking over the upgrades but nothing insane jumps out...
It's the only full auto hand cannon. Possibly the best gun in PvP, once upgraded.

TTG

Haha, if it helps, this is the first break Rahool has EVER given me...

I was working on the Thorn bounty. Should I abandon that now? Is TLW better? What's its main claim to fame, I'm looking over the upgrades but nothing insane jumps out...

Finish because it's a fun bounty and Thorn is still an exotic and it sounds really cool when fired(downside:
looks like you're running around with a rather large dildo in your hand when sprint is activated though
).

What about The Last Word? It's the weapon I'm most yearning for now because of just about every damn reason that will be explained shortly by people who actually use it. Sight unseen I would rank it third in the game behind the Suros and Ice Breaker.

Red shader was probably "God Of War". I randomly got it today after leveling up the Cryptarch. I hate most of the shaders I've seen but GoW and that Steel one both look pretty bad ass.

ethomaz

Banned
the void kills/points step is aggravating without a primary void weapon. i wish i had AE
It is easy with a Void Fusion Rifle... it is easy to kill players with Fusion Rifle (I used one rare and did it in four or five matches).

It is easy with a Void Fusion Rifle... it is easy to kill players with Fusion Rifle (I used one rare and did it in four or five matches).

I'll have to see if I have a Rare one sitting in the vault if Prudence and ZAWF47 fail me/I fail at adapting to those in PVP. Still have to 'grind' out that 500 Hive moon kill step first, so maybe I'll be blessed by RNG.
ah, guess i'll need to save up for one. i think a Crucible vendor has one.

Only Void weapon I remember off the top of my head at the vendors is The Comedian via the Vanguard Quartermaster. Which is a decent shotgun if you're comfortable with that play style. I think The Swarm machine gun might be there too.

Here's my situation. My Uncle needs two strange coins to get the Sorus Regime Auto Rifle. Me and him can't do it alone. He's actually a really good player and I'm more of a average player (FPS really isn't something I like, got it to play with him until he moves on to COD)

I'm looking for two people to help him beat the weekly Heroic strike once so he can get the two strange coins he needs for the auto rifle.

He's working nights tonight, he'll be on @1230 noon tomorrow Saturday (US Central Time). I don't have his permission yet to post his PSN here so add me PSN Frost-Fiend (if you're interested in helping) and I'll set everything up tomorrow at 1230 so you can help him get the strange coins he needs.

If you decide to help thanks in advance.

ethomaz

Banned
ah, guess i'll need to save up for one. i think a Crucible vendor has one.
Just play safe because you can't die a lot that your points will go down (-2)... at least try to kill (+5) two guys before die and you will get these 500 fast.

Try to stay close of your team because Assits counts and you have the advantage to the enemies aim your teammate first or you can easy kill a enemie that your teammate already deal some damage.

I don't know if you use Warlock but the Voidwalker with Melee, Grenades and SUPER helps too.

Edit - Of course... have fun.

Tekku

It is an amazing weapon for PVP... that is why I don't understand people saying it is bad and needs to be buffed.

This weapon can become too OP if buffed.

I wouldn't say amazing, because it's below average in almost all areas that are important to handcannons. The 6 bullet magazine for instance is devastating, especially combined with a low reload speed. The stability stat is also too low which pretty much makes it mandatory to choose the Perfect Balance upgrade.

Mark of the Devourer is its special trait, but I wouldn't say that it weighs up all the downsides. There are plenty of better handcannons that are easier, faster and especially much safer to handle in both PvE and PvP.

ethomaz

Banned
I wouldn't say amazing, because it's below average in almost all areas that are important to handcannons. The 6 bullet magazine for instance is devastating, especially combined with a low reload speed. The stability stat is also too low which pretty much makes it mandatory to choose the Perfect Balance upgrade.

Mark of the Devourer is its special trait, but I wouldn't say that it weighs up all the downsides. There are plenty of better handcannons that are easier, faster and especially much safer to handle in both PvE and PvP.
I agree in PVE it sucks but PVP is another story... it won't hold you to win the matches... the opposite it will help you... I can see only two others hand canons with can may be better than Thorn in PVP.

Just play safe because you can't die twice that your points will go down... at least try to kill two guys before die and you will get these 500 fast.

Try to stay close of your team because Assits counts and you have the advantage to the enemies aim your teammate first or you can easy kill a enemie that your teammate already deal some damage.

I don't know if you use Warlock but the Voidwalker with Melee, Grenades and SUPER helps too.

Edit - Of course... have fun.
Actually I think you can go 1 kill and 2 deaths and still make progress.

None of the crucible portions of the exotic bounties are all that hard in my opinion, and I'm painfully average at competitive FPS's... or at least I think I'm average.

ethomaz

Banned
Actually I think you can go 1 kill and 2 deaths and still make progress.

None of the crucible portions of the exotic bounties are all that hard in my opinion, and I'm painfully average at competitive FPS's... or at least I think I'm average.
Yeap... I fixed my post after think a little about.

Kills +5
Death -2
Assists +?

So unless you die twice in a row your progress will be good... I just played for fun in the first match and when it ended I have over 100 points already... I did on Iron Banner

You are correct. You only get more loot if you run it on another character or if you do Hard mode. You can get the following drops once per week, per character. In order:

Normal
1.) Ass Mats Chest after opening front door
2.) Beat Oracles: Ass Mats
3.) Beat Templar: Ass Mats
4.) Ass Mats Chest in secret passage if Templar never teleports
5.) Left side Gorgon chest: ass mats
6.) Right side Gorgon chest: only ever seen ass mats
7.) Beat Gatekeepers: Ass Mats
8.) Beat Atheon: Ass Mats

Hard (if done after normal)
1.) Beat Oracles: Ass Mats
2.) Beat Templar: Ass Mats