• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Congrats!

Try checking on Bungie.net > Legend > Advisors. The yellow boxes show which bosses you've looted (doesn't show chests) if the one for the oracle is empty then you can go back and get the drop.

For me, the first two boxes are yellow. But I started from the gatekeeper, so actually the last two should be colored. Weird. Presumably it's just a simple counter (two of four bosses looted).

Agent

Vex Mythoclast or Suros? What should I level up first? I don't play PvP.

I would say Suros. Though the idea of Mythoclast getting a PvE buff is enticing, but who knows when that will happen since Bungie has gone silent on updates. I have a fully upgraded one and I see the potential, it just isn't there yet.

For me, the first two boxes are yellow. But I started from the gatekeeper, so actually the last two should be colored. Weird. Presumably it's just a simple counter (two of four bosses looted).

Yeah it's just a counter each box doesn't correspond to the section.
The drops come after Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper and Atheon. Persumably you've gotten the drops for doing the last two so you still need to do the Oracle and Templar section.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm doing the Raid on normal tonight from 10pm UK Time (GMT +1), anyone want to join?

It's my first time, be gentle...

PSN is Cosmic_Onion - Level 29 hunter

Zakalwe

Banned
Constant disconnects, my roomate is uploading a file for work. Turns out he's been doing this without letting me know for the past few weeks, which would account for the random periods of terrible connectivity I've been experiencing.

This happened before but he told me he'd always warn me. He hasn't been warning me. Jerk.

Sorry to raid party, he'll be done in 15 minutes.

Judging by the way Bungie is talking, and not talking, I'm very concerned that many of us aren't going to make it to The Dark Below. My Titan will be "complete" within another week probably. He'll be Level 30, have a legendary or exotic of every weapon type, with every damage type, rank 3 or above with all factions...There won't really be much for me to do. Sure, I will have a few more weapons to max our. And sure I can farm materials and save them for The Dark Below. But other than that, there won't be a whole lot incentive to keep coming back for hours, day after day. Which really, isn't a problem. I plan to come back for The Dark Below if I drift away. I just expected Bungie to do a better job providing content to keep the player in the world of Destiny, rather than drifting in and out.

Deku Tree

Grinding reputation from zero and artificially limiting how early you can start getting Marks is what forces you to keep blues after level 20 with your alts. I haven't started a Hunter because of it :/

I have two purples for my Titan in the vault that I got from RNG. Then I'll buy a gold helmet from Xur... Then I'll only need to buy one purple piece of armor. Stinks to have to grind vanguard rep up to level 2 though.

Constant disconnects, my roomate is uploading a file for work. Turns out he's been doing this without letting me know for the past few weeks, which would account for the random periods of terrible connectivity I've been experiencing.

This happened before but he told me he'd always warn me. He hasn't been warning me. Jerk.

Sorry to raid party, he'll be done in 15 minutes.

That's fine. We're all waiting for you. Been cool so far. Thanks for helping me so far :)

Tovarisc

Vex Mythoclast or Suros? What should I level up first? I don't play PvP.

At the moment Suros is better for both, PvE and PvP.

"Soon" Mythoclast is going to get buff which most likely will make it best PvE primary because it will get maximum damage that is over 300.

Zakalwe

Banned
That's fine. We're all waiting for you. Been cool so far. Thanks for helping me so far :)

No problem! Was really enjoying it before this happened.

The song he's uploading is an educational music piece for teaching foreign children English. It's extremely repetitive, stupidly catchy, and it might be the most annoying thing I've ever heard.

He's currently playing it on repeat at high volume while he touches up the mix.

Kill me someone.

i should be able to help with this. what level is he?

Ditto. PSN : notjaded
Should be on around 1230 est

Outstanding! We'll both be on around 1230 PM central time. Sorry I didn't get back to you guys earlier, fell asleep. I'll add you both shortly. He's a Lvl 26 Wizard, he has a Exotic head piece and Fusion Rifle with a couple of other legendary pieces I'm not sure of.

ocean

Banned
I have two purples for my Titan in the vault that I got from RNG. Then I'll buy a gold helmet from Xur... Then I'll only need to buy one purple piece of armor. Stinks to have to grind vanguard rep up to level 2 though.
I started my Warlock when I got two lucky purple drops then bought a Yellow so I get you. I guess if I get even a single purp for a Hunter I'll start one. I'd buy something from Xur and have a somewhat decent character.

excowboy

So much fun experimenting with gear in this game.
Here is a post for you Sunsingers.

So I am currently trying the praxic of fire exotic chest. This one comes with 126 disp fully upgraded and it lets me carry more fusion and heavy ammo.

I coupled this with "radiant will" and "gift of the sun".
The following test was made with both my nades powered up.
I first threw 2 grenades before hitting radiance which then let me spam throw 10-11 grenades.
The amount of dps you can throw at stuff is sick!

Still love my Sunbreakers tho cause with them i have 100% int vs 83% without. Depending on what I'm doing I have 2 sets of gear I switch between.

I've taken to doing this in most boss fights - hit radiance and spam grenades + a couple of rockets for good measure! Doing this to the Archon Priest for instance leaves him staggered the whole time and takes about 1/5 - 1/4 of his health in a tiger strike. I imagine if you had a whole fireteam using that tactic in turn you could wipe him out pdq!

I got my Titan to level 10 in 2h51m of play time. Doing a few bounties makes a big difference because of the extra experience bonus. The extra 400 experience that you get from doing the heroic missions instead of normal seems like a pathetic reward for the additional difficulty.

Wow I had forgotten how completely terrible and pointless is the story.

It is fun to play as a Titan.

I'm at level 18 just now on my hunter (main being my Level 30 Titan just got to 30 this morning and a level 11 Warlock) and it took me 7 hours.

E92 M3

I'm being a hipster, but I don't want the Suros because everyone has it lol. It's crazy how in a loot based game everyone becomes so homogenized at the end. I try my besr to be a unique snowflake.

Tovarisc

I'm being a hipster, but I don't want the Suros because everyone has it lol. It's crazy how in a loot based game everyone becomes so homogenized at the end. I try my besr to be a unique snowflake.

Well Bungie did put most loot variety into the early game [1 to 19] where end game has very little viable items from 19 to 29. 29 to 30 has zero variety.

Weapon balance also is skewed causing only few weapons to be "viable" at end game.

That said I like Vex a lot atm :S

Namikaze1

Wtf! I keep getting the messages "Use of user-generated media is not allowed for your account" and "Use of this app's chat and messaging features is not allowed for your account" on Destiny even after I restored my licenses not once, not twice, but three times

Edit: let's see if restarting the ps4 fixes this problem.

Edit 2: hahaha nope! The fuck is going on?!

EL CUCO

Wtf! I keep getting the messages "Use of user-generated media is not allowed for your account" and "Use of this app's chat and messaging features is not allowed for your account" on Destiny even after I restored my licenses not once, not twice, but three times

Same happens to me. It's a joke. I had some people join me and couldn't hear me because of that. Had to restart my PS4 multiple times for it sign in to Destiny fine.

Edit: let's see if restarting the ps4 fixes this problem.

Edit 2: hahaha nope! The fuck is going on?!

Bungie doesn't want you to play anymore after getting Flawless Raider

Namikaze1

Same happens to me. It's a joke. I had some people join me and couldn't hear me because of that. Had to restart my PS4 multiple times for it sign in to Destiny fine.
It's just Destiny too. All my other games are fine and can connect online and let me play multiplayer. Destiny just keeps me locked out of strikes, raid, and crucible.

Bungie doesn't want you to play anymore after getting Flawless Raider
They somehow must have learned that I was going to go Ghost hunting today forthe trophy. They must not want me to platinum the game. :p

Cross post from the Nightfall/raid thread:

Doing a normal raid tonight at 9pm Central Europe Daylight Time (3pm East Coast) and am looking for 3 people on Xbox One. Two of us have done the raid before and the third is a newbie. Shoot me a message on live or reply here with your GT and I will send out the invite.
1. wbarreda (my GT)
2. Shadowwalker8228
3. dc0322

my defender titan is 26, but i know all the fights (my hunter is 29 and has raided most weeks since launch) and i have maxxed weapons.

pm me or shoot me a live msg if you're willing to take me along :p (gt oddworld18)

Ambitious

Yeah it's just a counter each box doesn't correspond to the section.
The drops come after Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper and Atheon. Persumably you've gotten the drops for doing the last two so you still need to do the Oracle and Templar section.

Correct. So if anyone is planning to do a hard raid from the beginning sometime in the next few hours, I'm available. Level 29 Hunter.

X-Frame

It's interesting when you first see what the Legendary armor you've been wearing for a month looks like without a shader.

I like it!

E92 M3

Well Bungie did put most loot variety into the early game [1 to 19] where end game has very little viable items from 19 to 29. 29 to 30 has zero variety.

Weapon balance also is skewed causing only few weapons to be "viable" at end game.

That said I like Vex a lot atm :S

Yes, if they can add the ability to use whatever armor with the best stats applied then it'd be a whole different ball game.

As for the Vex: as soon as they buff it - it will reignite my passion. Such a cool gun for people like me that love all fusion rifles.

Hosting a normal raid as soon as possible. Just trying to get people together as my normal raiding team is away. All are welcome at 27+.

Shoot me a message @ TheCanisDirus

Namikaze1

Now that the Iron Banner gear goes up to Light 30, I can replace my raid gear with those. I found them to be aesthetically better than the raid gear.

Trojan

Have one spot open on a fresh hard raid with a solid group of Gaffers - it's our first time doing hard raid.

Would prefer a lvl 29 or higher but lvl 28 would work if you know what you're doing.

Add me on PSN ASAP if interested: Phife24

Steroyd

Now that the Iron Banner gear goes up to Light 30, I can replace my raid gear with those. I found them to be aesthetically better than the raid gear.

Seriously?

Damn, should have made a better effort with Iron Banner, biggest reason why I didn't invest too much time with that versus getting my char raid ready.

What's my best option for Ice Breaker outside of Xur?

VoG
Knightfall?

Also do you get exotic drops from the Crucible? I've put the vast majority of my time in that and never seen anyone get rewarded with an exotic.

Acorn

Judging by the way Bungie is talking, and not talking, I'm very concerned that many of us aren't going to make it to The Dark Below. My Titan will be "complete" within another week probably. He'll be Level 30, have a legendary or exotic of every weapon type, with every damage type, rank 3 or above with all factions...There won't really be much for me to do. Sure, I will have a few more weapons to max our. And sure I can farm materials and save them for The Dark Below. But other than that, there won't be a whole lot incentive to keep coming back for hours, day after day. Which really, isn't a problem. I plan to come back for The Dark Below if I drift away. I just expected Bungie to do a better job providing content to keep the player in the world of Destiny, rather than drifting in and out.
It's weird. Two events back to back and then not even an announcement of the next one.

Victrix

*beard*
It's weird. Two events back to back and then not even an announcement of the next one.

I get the feeling they're stepping back to reconsider rapid hotfixes after the backlash from the mythoclast nerf and the planned atheon 'fix', as well as the tepid reception to both wrath and ib.

They also mentioned vaguely that the first big patch is/was in cert, so that may be coming soon, which also might have affected event plans.

This is all wild speculation based on a handful of nuggets gleaned from spare sentences of useful info extracted from interviews between paragraphs of storytime written by Deej.

What's my best option for Ice Breaker outside of Xur?

VoG
Knightfall?

Also do you get exotic drops from the Crucible? I've put the vast majority of my time in that and never seen anyone get rewarded with an exotic.

Yeah if you were extremely lucky. I have never seen any one get an exotic as reward for PvP and I've played a lot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom