• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Seriously?

Damn, should have made a better effort with Iron Banner, biggest reason why I didn't invest too much time with that versus getting my char raid ready.
Yeah, I gave up after achieving rank 1 once I learned that the gear goes up to 27. Now that Bungie is raising the light level to 30, I'm gonna get my rank up. The Titan banner gear looks great.the only problem was the light 27 thing. Now that it isn't a problem, I plan to get them.

Edwardo

I finally got an Exotic Weapon Bounty last night. Picked the one for Pocket Infinity. I looked up a video of it before the nerf. Pretty crazy.

Cruxist

I get the feeling they're stepping back to reconsider rapid hotfixes after the backlash from the mythoclast nerf and the planned atheon 'fix', as well as the tepid reception to both wrath and ib.

They also mentioned vaguely that the first big patch is/was in cert, so that may be coming soon, which also might have affected event plans.

This is all wild speculation based on a handful of nuggets gleaned from spare sentences of useful info extracted from interviews between paragraphs of storytime written by Deej.

I think you're right. As much as I'd like to think they know what to do next, IB and Wrath both showed that Bungie was too tepid with the fanbase that's actually going to keep playing this game.

I know they're a company known for shooters, but Bungie needs to realize the audience for Destiny and the audience for Halo are different. The people that will continue to play Destiny want high-tier events and new gear, not just maps and more crappy Dinklebot non-story. The people that play Halo want maps and gametypes.

They're learning, but it seems like its fairly slowly. Iron Banner and Queen's Wrath were just too aligned toward keeping everybody happy, when really only the hardcore players cared about the events.

E92 M3

I get the feeling they're stepping back to reconsider rapid hotfixes after the backlash from the mythoclast nerf and the planned atheon 'fix', as well as the tepid reception to both wrath and ib.

They also mentioned vaguely that the first big patch is/was in cert, so that may be coming soon, which also might have affected event plans.

This is all wild speculation based on a handful of nuggets gleaned from spare sentences of useful info extracted from interviews between paragraphs of storytime written by Deej.

I would've been happy with just a simple: "Patch is still coming; hold tight guys." Anything to acknowledge it.

Sojgat

It's probably been asked 100 times, but should I upgrade Suros Regime to slower rate of fire?

I mainly want to use it for crucible.

Special C

Where is a good spot to do the Overcharge Bounty of killing 2 enemies with 1 charge, 20 times?

I'm drawing a blank of the mission name, but I think it's the first one on the moon. Where you AWAKE THE HIVE after finding the dead guardian body. Kill the Thralls and then die and repeat. Also don't finish the level or kill the Knight when you are done because it saves that checkpoint for you to do later.

E92 M3

Did you guys notice how Skywatch doesn't have a public event anymore? It's always the enemies battling each other. Also, I wonder why Bungie nerfed the bounties.

I'm drawing a blank of the mission name, but I think it's the first one on the moon. Where you AWAKE THE HIVE after finding the dead guardian body. Kill the Thralls and then die and repeat. Also don't finish the level or kill the Knight when you are done because it saves that checkpoint for you to do later.

First moon mission.. We've woken the hive!

"The Dark Beyond" mission on the Moon

Thanks for the quick replies.

Raxus

Level 30 Titan looking for Flawless Raider on PS4

College_Boy

Namikaze, do you know how to reset the raid if a failure occurs?

Zakalwe

Banned
BlazeUK
Cyberpunk-Psycho
IssitDough
Katana_Strikes
StaffyManasse

After a shakey start with some d/c issues my end, the run went really well. Enjoyed playing with you all, GG!

Great game in the raid guys. Thanks for teaching us astro.

I don't think I did too bad of a haul on my first ever go. Got some raid gloves, Monte Carlo, Found Verdict and Glass Minuet ship. Oh and a silver trophy. Very happy with that.

E92 M3

It all comes down to slowing progress (much of it painfully slow already) and lack of content.

All it's slowing down for me is upgrading my weapons, which is already very slow. Whatever though, I don't do 2500 exp bounties. They are not as satisfying.

Just random times. You're probably just getting unlucky, because it's a chance of a public event or the fallen / hive battle at skywatch.

Seems like my lucky has been a little too disproportionate, but I'll try again.

I don't usually try Skywatch, but I've never gotten the Warsat when I've tried. I usually try to get the other event thats around the same time (Mothyards I think?)

Skywatch has always been my go-to.

you know you're playing a bungie game when the enemy team is completely coordinated despite having no voice chat whatsoever, yet your own teammates may as well be level 1 dregs

blazeuk

BlazeUK
Cyberpunk-Psycho
IssitDough
Katana_Strikes
StaffyManasse

After a shakey start with some d/c issues my end, the run went really well. Enjoyed playing with you all, GG!

Cheers for getting it all set up, it was definitely one of the smoother runs I've gone through with a new group.

It is sadly another week of RNG hating me though and another week of being stuck at level 28, I got my 4th Praedyth's Revenge and my 3rd Corrective Measure and the rest was shards/energy. I'm still refusing to upgrade some armour I know will only get me to 29. I may just have to delete my hunter class and create another Warlock, it seems to be what they're encouraging by not allowing other vendor armour to reach +30 light.

Namikaze1

Level 30 Titan looking for Flawless Raider on PS4

College_Boy

Namikaze, do you know how to reset the raid if a failure occurs?
-Head to orbit
-raid will have option to resume (X on ps4) or restart (square on PS4) on Venus map screen
-don't change difficulty once you press square, choose normal to reset raid (doesn't work heading to hard if you have a hard raid checkpoint)
-a message will pop up asking if you really want to restart, if you get this, then you did it right.

Deku Tree

-Head to orbit
-raid will have option to resume (X on ps4) or restart (square on PS4)
-don't change difficulty, choose normal to reset raid (doesn't work heading to hard if you have a hard checkpoint)
-a message will pop up asking if you really want to restart, if you get this, then you did it right.

Do you have to head to orbit before you see a wipe screen?

Bought Alpha Lupi for my Hunter, dropped from lvl 29 to 27 but I don't care because it looks fucking awesome. Time to grind them bounties again I guess.

BlazeUK
Cyberpunk-Psycho
IssitDough
Katana_Strikes
StaffyManasse

Yeah thanks all. It was a bit silly that my system decided that you and I should not be talking. Thanks for relaying the important stuff Psycho. I bet I missed some great jokes though.

blackflag

What do you guys think of universal remote?

Is it better than Invective or just different? I got it from a legendary engram last night.

Deku Tree

Yes. If one person dies, you always have to restart no matter what.

Right... But you are saying that if one person dies then you can't get flawless raider... Unless you go to orbit...

But hypothetically if you wipe then you have to start over from the beginning I am guessing... Going to orbit is not going to save your flawless raider possibility after a wipe right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom