• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

how about by, you know, making it actually challenging, regardless of the numerical values involved? :p
Unfortunately when it comes to raiding, at least in my experience, a large part of the early challenge comes from a combination of the numeric values and the mechanics of the fight, but they have to be balanced in tandem to make the fight actually enjoyable. Imagine a bunch of level 30s trying to beat the VoG normal now without any knowledge of the encounters, it would be pretty easy (save for Gorgon Labyrinth) considering they wouldn't have to worry about dying as much and could just endurance through many mechanics until a strategy could be formed, it doesn't have the same level of challenge as dealing with mechanics and enemies that can actually kill you efficiently.

Why would putting gear in a vendor using marks incentive continuing to run the VoG?
Make the mobs for next raid level 30 or 31, put the raid Chest and legs in a vendor in the tower, gives people the incentive to run the VoG at least once to gain parity with the enemies in the next raid but not required to complete it.

I know everyone considers Light Level to be the cap but the actual level cap is 20 and will likely remain that way indefinitely. Light Level really is just Gear Score expressed very simply.

And what I mean by that is any increase in Light is an increase in effectiveness even within the same Light Level. So a Level 29 that has 117 Light is more effective than a Level 29 that has 110 Light. It's not so large a difference that it's noticeable without testing, but there is indeed a difference.

So when considering that, every piece of high level gear added to the game will be Level 20 gear but it's effectiveness will rise to allow the player to combat tougher enemies.

Would it be fair to refer to the actual character level as the soft cap and the maximum light level as the hard cap, keep the soft cap at 20, and increase the hard cap from 30 to 32 or 33.

LiK

une5AkK.png

How can I hold all that content?

one week? why not just a day?

someday

Banned
Dammit! I just got an email from my teacher saying that class tonight was cancelled cause he's sick. I was so excited and immediately booted up the PS4 to play some Destiny and the fucking network is down...Fuck. Oh well, I guess I'll just do some homework...

dengatron

Finally got rid of all the strength on my raid gear. Bungie really needs to look in to the fact that an entire stat out of only 3 is useless in an end game environment and almost useless for everyone in pvp too

Finally got rid of all the strength on my raid gear. Bungie really needs to look in to the fact that an entire stat out of only 3 is useless in an end game environment and almost useless for everyone in pvp too

Wait how did you get rid of it?

And why is strength useless in PVP?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Unfortunately when it comes to raiding, at least in my experience, a large part of the early challenge comes from a combination of the numeric values and the mechanics of the fight, but they have to be balanced in tandem to make the fight actually enjoyable. Imagine a bunch of level 30s trying to beat the VoG normal now without any knowledge of the encounters, it would be pretty easy (save for Gorgon Labyrinth) considering they wouldn't have to worry about dying as much and could just endurance through many mechanics until a strategy could be formed, it doesn't have the same level of challenge as dealing with mechanics and enemies that can actually kill you efficiently.
I dunno, that'd actually be pretty interesting see (though obviously it is completely impossible for it to ever occur)

I think it would certainly have meant that more of the "figuring stuff out" phases ended with the Enrage timer rather than with a wipe prior to it, at least :p

I understand what people mean when they say this raid is "easy," but as someone who entered with little to no knowledge of the encounters, not having watched videos, etc., I consider it a legitimate challenge. There was a lot of adaptation and practice-makes-perfect before I even felt confident with my assigned jobs, let alone at rolling with the punches when something goes wrong. And I'm still improving. There are a lot of opportunities to make a single costly mistake somewhere in there, for someone of my skill level. I'm still intimidated by the Heroic raid for the moment.

LukeSmith

The original intention for Atheon was that it forced your entire group to understand and perform all roles - the roles that the Raid itself prepared you for.

The version shipped with a bug in behavior logic that we're fixing. The fix will restore Atheon to his intended behavior.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The original intention for Atheon was that it forced your entire group to understand and perform all roles - the roles that the Raid itself prepared you for.

The version shipped with a bug in behavior logic that we're fixing. The fix will restore Atheon to his intended behavior.

How about all the glitches in the raid such as leaving portals and not being sent through?

Thorn looks mighty good on my Wooflock in the character menu... but I have decided to try and get some new armor for him. I can't stand Praxis any longer.

Shaders look awful with it.

Praxis looks amazing though. Use the first Iron Banner shader with it. It matches pretty well.

Please don't do this :(

So it was a bug.
Interesting

I like it the way it is tho :(
Is there any planned date to fix the glitches with the portals? The splash damage going though the relic shield?

squidyj

I was so excited for the game, now I'm bitter.

by beta i knew the story would be a butchered mess

by "1 raid at launch" I knew the game would be content starved

but I enjoyed shooting things so I bought it and I don't really regret it.

The only thing is I was hoping later strikes would have like, actual mechanics.

Ramirez

Halo 3 had special armor they gave out, like the emblem, people would endlessly call MS to get your password changed until they got a customer service rep that would do it. Then they would sell the account.

The guy ran up my credit card too, was a good time.

Reule

I'm going to be attempting the raid on hard later if PSN stops being a joke. I've tried with two groups so far to get past the Gatekeepers and had little to no success. Any tips for it?

I've heard the Conflux after getting the first relic isn't actually that big of a deal and that you should have three defending the portal to Venus and only one defending the Conflux. The hurt one Gatekeeper and coming back method hasn't worked very well on Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom