• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 3 had special armor they gave out, like the emblem, people would endlessly call MS to get your password changed until they got a customer service rep that would do it. Then they would sell the account.

The guy ran up my credit card too, was a good time.

Wow, what an asshole.

The original intention for Atheon was that it forced your entire group to understand and perform all roles - the roles that the Raid itself prepared you for.

The version shipped with a bug in behavior logic that we're fixing. The fix will restore Atheon to his intended behavior.

Would be awesome if you good folks could put the Mythoclast back the way it was, Luke.

Even just for PvE. That was your raid masterpiece weapon.

darthbob

The original intention for Atheon was that it forced your entire group to understand and perform all roles - the roles that the Raid itself prepared you for.

The version shipped with a bug in behavior logic that we're fixing. The fix will restore Atheon to his intended behavior.

Was the original intent going to be that the three players who got teleported were randomly selected, rather than being the farthest from Atheon?

Halo 3 had special armor they gave out, like the emblem, people would endlessly call MS to get your password changed until they got a customer service rep that would do it. Then they would sell the account.

The guy ran up my credit card too, was a good time.
Wtf
That's horrible

Damn, what's the WoS been like for the last OTs? Haven't seen a list pop up since OT3.

Here's the WoS for the previous thread.

ce6e688698453154dce2d0e9ab48c62e.png

Swag

I dunno, that'd actually be pretty interesting see (though obviously it is completely impossible for it to ever occur)

I think it would certainly have meant that more of the "figuring stuff out" phases ended with the Enrage timer rather than with a wipe prior to it, at least :p

That probably would be the case.

I understand what people mean when they say this raid is "easy," but as someone who entered with little to no knowledge of the encounters, not having watched videos, etc., I consider it a legitimate challenge. There was a lot of adaptation and practice-makes-perfect before I even felt confident with my assigned jobs, let alone at rolling with the punches when something goes wrong. And I'm still improving. There are a lot of opportunities to make a single costly mistake somewhere in there, for someone of my skill level. I'm still intimidated by the Heroic raid for the moment.
I think mechanically the VoG is a fun raid, especially considering out of all the enemy types in the game, the Vex are the easiest considering only two enemy types have shields and one of them doesn't even use them in the raid, the Hive raid should present a better challenge.

For better or worse my first experience in VoG was with an experienced group so I was essentially carried, but I think I'll definitely try to go with an inexperienced group for the next one

Namikaze1

I think I made it on OT1-3 list. I know for sure I made on OT1 cause I made it my quest to get on that damn list. The Great Chicken War had to happen for me to get on that damn list.

colinp

Banned

Keep up the great work, Luke!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Would be awesome if you good folks could put the Mythoclast back the way it was, Luke.

Yeah, it would be nice to get separate balancing. It makes no sense to murder a weapon for one to satisfy players in another.

Yeah, this. Also, if you're gonna 'fix' all the shortcuts, at least make the Mythoclast a guaranteed drop after the Atheon fight. I've completed the Raid on hard mode 5+ times and I still haven't got one. Considering the average length of a hard raid, the game just isn't respecting my time.
Try 12. :(

Yeah, this. Also, if you're gonna 'fix' all the shortcuts, at least make the Mythoclast a guaranteed drop after the Atheon fight. I've completed the Raid on hard mode 5+ times and I still haven't got one. Considering the average length of a hard raid, the game just isn't respecting my time.

LiK

wanna be PSN friends? i want you to be my Relic holder.

I'm going to be attempting the raid on hard later if PSN stops being a joke. I've tried with two groups so far to get past the Gatekeepers and had little to no success. Any tips for it?

I've heard the Conflux after getting the first relic isn't actually that big of a deal and that you should have three defending the portal to Venus and only one defending the Conflux. The hurt one Gatekeeper and coming back method hasn't worked very well on Hard.

They are all portals to Venus, that's where the raid is. I think you mean the future timegate.

With all the bugs currently in the atheon fight, making everyone be comfortable in all spots would be a nightmare. I feel like you're playing against bugs and paying more attention to not getting screwed over than Atheon himself in that encounter.

If you're going to change the boss behavior, please make everything else work as intended and as advertised as well.

Steroyd

The problem with this mindset is that the Templar fight only has 1 relic holder, and the gatekeeper section has 2 (for a really brief period of time), so in your ideal scenario only 3 of the 6 raiders would have experience with the relic up to that point. :|

I'm going to be attempting the raid on hard later if PSN stops being a joke. I've tried with two groups so far to get past the Gatekeepers and had little to no success. Any tips for it?

I've heard the Conflux after getting the first relic isn't actually that big of a deal and that you should have three defending the portal to Venus and only one defending the Conflux. The hurt one Gatekeeper and coming back method hasn't worked very well on Hard.

The one defending the conflux needs his ass covered by the hobgoblins coming out of the portal, I did that role and held off the Praetorians coming down the stairs fine, it was my ass being sniped from behind which was the problem, I say there needs to be 2 in the center.

ETA and any chances of fixing all those raid glitches, I think those are more important as of now?

realcZk

Sometimes it's really hard to destroy an oracle during the templar part as the relic holder too, I assume because the oracles arent auto-targettable like the regular mobs that spawn there.

Welp.

Tovarisc

Will this fix also address things like;

• Audio stops working at random in VoG
  • Oracle spawn audio not always playing out
  • Portals in Atheon fight crapping out
  • Atheons attack dealing AoE damage into the relics protection bubble
  • Only 2 players getting teleported by Atheon

Please say yes ;)

Edit: Also actual end screen would be nice addition ;) Now it just feels so rushed and unfinished because game just leaves you into the raid, hanging around.

Please say yes ;)

I don't work for Bungie but I know the answer to this one. No.

Destiny still a no go.
The one defending the conflux needs his ass covered by the hobgoblins coming out of the portal, I did that role and held off the Praetorians coming down the stairs fine, it was my ass being sniped from behind which was the problem, I say there needs to be 2 in the center.

If you can take the Minotaurs down fast, then you can solo it by standing in front of one of the pillars. That way you can't get sniped.

Please say yes ;)

Supposedly that happens when someone touches the relicholder and it then somehow transfers the damage.

D:<
No!
Heavy weapons should destroy you.

not a heavy weapon that kills you in 3 shots and has a million more on top of ridiculous stability and range.

dumbest game of blindwatch i've ever played. one guy and his thunderlord locked down the entire room because the moment you saw him you were dead.

not a heavy weapon that kills you in 3 shots and has a million more on top of ridiculous stability and range.

dumbest game of blindwatch i've ever played. one guy and his thunderlord locked down the entire room because the moment you saw him you were dead.
That's just asking for the door to be opened to other weapons. You already see it for primaries.

I'm not sure I trust Bungie with dealing with Nerfs right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom