• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like all of the HMG's need reworked for PVP, you get way too much ammo for how easy it is to kill with them.

mhmm, a simple ammo reduction would go a long way in diminishing their dominance (except for the guy who somehow spawns with heavy ammo).

speaking of ammo, they need to reduce the amount of special ammo crates on the maps. sometimes you'll find two crates within sliding distance of one another, or placed very closely to heavy ammo crates.

Bossun

Should I upgrade my vanguard legendary armors for my warlock or should I keep my shard for better armors? It seems to me they are all almost the same and I don't think I can continue leveling up if I don't upgrade them now.

Or is there some gear that could make me level-up from 26 to 28 without upgrading this gear?

Or is there a better set for warlock that is equivalent (like crucible gear or whatev)?

Outside of that I think there is waaaaay too many OS in pvp in this game, special attacks, shotgun, handcanon, some grenades, some melee...etc and the goddamn lag doesn't help at all in pvp.

Edit: Come ooon PSN!!

Ramirez

mhmm, a simple ammo reduction would go a long way in diminishing their dominance (except for the guy who somehow spawns with heavy ammo).

speaking of ammo, they need to reduce the amount of special ammo crates on the maps. sometimes you'll find two crates within sliding distance of one another, or placed very closely to heavy ammo crates.

I know I'm gimping myself, but I usually just run Hezen's, 3 rockets without reloading is so great in certain situations.

The original intention for Atheon was that it forced your entire group to understand and perform all roles - the roles that the Raid itself prepared you for.

The version shipped with a bug in behavior logic that we're fixing. The fix will restore Atheon to his intended behavior.

Huh. Interesting.

I think I kind of like the new way better, It will definitely be harder.

Marvel

could never
Marvel, kill me please. You're the only one who can. Please end it. Just tell me to look at the pretty flowers when we are out on patrol. Make it quick.
You've been watching too much walking dead, I shall not kill you.

You're gonna turn like rest of us and like it!

blackflag

Sometimes it's really hard to destroy an oracle during the templar part as the relic holder too, I assume because the oracles arent auto-targettable like the regular mobs that spawn there.

I had that problem last night. It seemed really random. I'd kill one easy, the next one I'd do the same thing and just pass right through it.

The original intention for Atheon was that it forced your entire group to understand and perform all roles - the roles that the Raid itself prepared you for.

The version shipped with a bug in behavior logic that we're fixing. The fix will restore Atheon to his intended behavior.

glad to see raid bugs are looking at. please do get to audio glitches as soon as possible!

anyone mind providing some context though? what behavior bug is being refereneced here?

Reule

They are all portals to Venus, that's where the raid is. I think you mean the future timegate.
The portal to the left isn't Mars? Guess I've been mistaken this whole time.

The one defending the conflux needs his ass covered by the hobgoblins coming out of the portal, I did that role and held off the Praetorians coming down the stairs fine, it was my ass being sniped from behind which was the problem, I say there needs to be 2 in the center.
I remember, I think we played together. I know it's tough but this is what I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6AgPgentg

The defensive team at the portal always seems to go down no matter how fast the portal team has tried to come back from it. It'd be nice to have three outside the portal so I know for sure it's not going to be going down.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
glad to see raid bugs are looking at. please do get to audio glitches as soon as possible!

anyone mind providing some context though? what behavior bug is being refereneced here?

The "bug" is the fact we know who is going to be teleported. They want it to be random.

Swag

Well at least the error changed; it went from the disconnected from Bungie servers to zebra.
I'm alternating between disconnect and Zebra, was hoping to run the Vault on an alt tonight :(

Edit: Just as I post this is let's me on, guess it's working now

Cømet

Banned
I'd say just removing guns and making everyone in crucible punch each other would make it fairer, but you'd still need to nerf every class' melee special or there'd still be complaints.

PvP - PvE balance split can't come soon enough. Wreck up Crucible how you like! But dear god leave PvE alone. It's the only mode that's consistently fun.

basically. pace of the game needs to come down by around 5-8% IMO.

3 rockets is definitely comfortable. if it had homing projectiles and a higher RoF, I'd use it for PvP too.

I've actually thought this since the beta. That in PvP players should have 300hp instead of 200.

Stantron

Vanguard QM is selling a Shadow Price with glass half full. Damn, should have waited. A friend has glass half full and radar while aiming perks that he got in a random drop. Pretty solid primary right there.

The Devil You Know and High Lord Fixer hand cannons. Anyone with experience with both that can vouch for one over the other? Specifically the ones available to purchase at vendors. Seems like they both share very similar perks: namely reload for larger mag and kills grant damage buff.

darthbob

From the VoG Q&A with Luke.

Do you think that'd be a good reason for people to replay the raid? That it's going to be harder, so they can't use the tricks they used to use?

I think that some of it is just making sure that… there's this one way for us to talk about this where it feels like we're making something harder, but in the case of making fixes to the raid, they have the side effect of making the encounter harder, but they also make the encounter meet the stated goal for a given encounter.

So to talk loosely about the final encounter for the raid, in the encounter, our goal was to have an encounter where each player in your raid needed to be able to do each job from the entire raid. So, to allow players to have some freedom over choosing or selecting who's going to do what job, while that's strategically interesting, and it's led to a bunch of really cool strategies, it actually doesn't align with the goal for the encounter. So that is an example of a case where we would make a change.

Okay, so you're talking about the fact that three people can get farther away from Atheon and always get teleported.

Yeah.

If anyone needs an extra this evening (or most evenings really) for normal raid on ps4 I'd love to tag along. Level 29 Titan, PSN is Jeffolation.

The "bug" is the fact we know who is going to be teleported. They want it to be random.

ibraLsUgDxAaU4.gif

well the rest of the game is random as hell so why not

Will this fix also address things like;

• Audio stops working at random in VoG
  • Oracle spawn audio not always playing out
  • Portals in Atheon fight crapping out
  • Atheons attack dealing AoE damage into the relics protection bubble
  • Only 2 players getting teleported by Atheon

Please say yes ;)

Edit: Also actual end screen would be nice addition ;) Now it just feels so rushed and unfinished because game just leaves you into the raid, hanging around.

Probably late to the party, but I like the way it is now. It feels more like the E3 demo where you can equip your new stuffs and show it off to the fireteam since they aren't encrypted. Even better would be an exit back to the surface so you all could go up and pop some Dregs with your new gear.

Sergoes

Quick question for anyone here: How many of you have multiple of the same class or are planning to level the same class again?

I'm really tempted to just to have a shot at getting best type of gear for my main. It seems really lame but also incredibly effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom