• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't see how they keep the next raid challenging for people that are going to hit level 30 before December, without raising the level cap, especially considering the only stats that actually matter are Armor, and attack. Progressing through VoG normal at level 26 is a different world compared to doing it at 27 or 28, even hard mode to a certain extent, so level 30s will be blowing through the new raid at an extremely fast pace when the threat of death is significantly lowered.
how about by, you know, making it actually challenging, regardless of the numerical values involved? :p
What's interesting is how they'll make running the VoG worthwhile in future, unless they use it as an artificial gating method for new players to access the new raid, maybe put some of the gear in a vendor that uses vanguard marks but keep the hard mode rewards in the HM so it has to be run in order to get to the required level to run the new raid.
Why would putting gear in a vendor using marks incentive continuing to run the VoG?
It's not THAT simple, relic holder can get 2 shotted by the hobgoblins in the Mars side, and the praetorian (minotaur) wrecks most people, even people who CAN use the relic on the venus side.
Pshaw. Jump and smash people. JUMPNSMASH!
Heck in the raid groups I've been in, there's always that one person who struggles at the platform jumping section.
That's a completely different story
made it my first try the first time, struggled painfully with it ever since ;_; WILL be charging my Bladedancer super for next time

Heel

I already have a full inventory of Blues, I want Legendaries/Exotics. I have to do Strikes for those too?

Tiger strikes for Vanguard marks and reputation to buy legendaries, along with blue engrams to level up the Cryptarch to receive Postmaster packages that have a chance to contain legendary engrams. There's also an off chance to receive legendaries and exotics for a strike.

Temidien

Neo Member
I think we have enough people atm, but if PSN is down for too long, a couple might not be able to make it.

If slots open up later or you guys do another run, would you please send an invite my way? (assuming this is for Normal, still sitting at 28 while I farm shards).

I already have a full inventory of Blues, I want Legendaries/Exotics. I have to do Strikes for those too?

well i kinda built my inventory of legendaries and exotics by doing a lot of tiger strikes. you get a lot of blue engrams through them over time and you can level the cryptarch pretty quick, so you get a fair shot at getting purple engrams, motes of light, strange coins. and you build vanguard rep and points while doing it so you can eventually buy legendaries through the vanguard, or break them down for shards. any coins you build up will be good for when xur hits the tower. i just kind find bounties that i can do in the middle of a strike too to keep it efficient.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's not THAT simple, relic holder can get 2 shotted by the hobgoblins in the Mars side, and the praetorian (minotaur) wrecks most people, even people who CAN use the relic on the venus side.

Heck in the raid groups I've been in, there's always that one person who struggles at the platform jumping section.

Hm I guess you are right. I know some people have trouble killing the mobs as the relic holder, even on normal.

I don't see how they keep the next raid challenging for people that are going to hit level 30 before December, without raising the level cap, especially considering the only stats that actually matter are Armor, and attack. Progressing through VoG normal at level 26 is a different world compared to doing it at 27 or 28, even hard mode to a certain extent, so level 30s will be blowing through the new raid at an extremely fast pace when the threat of death is significantly lowered.

What's interesting is how they'll make running the VoG worthwhile in future, unless they use it as an artificial gating method for new players to access the new raid, maybe put some of the gear in a vendor that uses vanguard marks but keep the hard mode rewards in the HM so it has to be run in order to get to the required level to run the new raid.

I know everyone considers Light Level to be the cap but the actual level cap is 20 and will likely remain that way indefinitely. Light Level really is just Gear Score expressed very simply.

And what I mean by that is any increase in Light is an increase in effectiveness even within the same Light Level. So a Level 29 that has 117 Light is more effective than a Level 29 that has 110 Light. It's not so large a difference that it's noticeable without testing, but there is indeed a difference.

So when considering that, every piece of high level gear added to the game will be Level 20 gear but it's effectiveness will rise to allow the player to combat tougher enemies.

dengatron

Hm I guess you are right. I know some people have trouble killing the mobs as the relic holder, even on normal.
To add to what he was saying, not having a designated relic holder makes a couple seconds extra communication and possible confusion necessary each portal phase and actually killing the minotaurs and catching up on oracles with 3 people who seconds before didnt expect to be ported is quite difficult

I know everyone considers Light Level to be the cap but the actual level cap is 20 and will likely remain that way indefinitely. Light Level really is just Gear Score expressed very simply.

And what I mean by that is any increase in Light is an increase in effectiveness even within the same Light Level. So a Level 29 that has 117 Light is more effective than a Level 29 that has 110 Light. It's not so large a difference that it's noticeable without testing, but there is indeed a difference.

So when considering that, every piece of high level gear added to the game will be Level 20 gear but it's effectiveness will rise to allow the player to combat tougher enemies.

Besides the neglible increase in armour rating how is a dude with 117 light better than a dude with 110 light. The armour rating increase doesn't even do that much. They both probably die in the same amount of shots. Light is one of the oddest systems in terms of leveling I've ever encountered. Lvl 29 is lvl 29, it's honestly one of the silliest systems ever. Not to mention that I'm incredibly bothered by how it obsoletes gear and railroads everyone into one specific set of gear, they've got shit for loot variety all ready and they've made it even smaller with the light requirement.

darthbob

So satisfying. Darthbob and I had a game like that as well

was a 10 or 11 kill comeback at least, led by bob of course. you don't typically see the losing team finish over 10000 in Clash. but a margin of 5 in control, dang.

That was a fantastic match. Invective won it for us though. :p

So just grind for Vanguard points/marks? I guess I will get on that.

Do every Vanguard bounty you can and you will be there in a few days. You only need go be rank 2 to buy armor, 3 for weapons. If you have some marks from before the reset, you could potentially buy two legendaries. When you hit rank 2 in vanguard, buy one of the war cults bonds and level that up. It converts any rep gain into theirs meaning you can level it up much much faster especially if you PvP. That way you can still farm crucible marks to get another legendary after you cap vanguard for the week.

Dammit PSN. I only get a few hours a week to play and my wife and kids are out for a couple hours. This is so annoying. I can't even solo the daily. Always online for single player content is the stupidest and most draconian arbitrary restriction game developers have devised.

Am I legend now or do I need to become more legend?
I-Am-Legend-Sequel.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So just grind for Vanguard points/marks? I guess I will get on that.
Getting Vanguard to Rank 2 before anything else is ideal yeah, Crucible rank is also very useful or you could go for one of the Factions, but they also require crucible marks.

Dammit PSN. I only get a few hours a week to play and my wife and kids are out for a couple hours. This is so annoying. I can't even solo the daily. Always online for single player content is the stupidest and most draconian arbitrary restriction game developers have devised.

You're just blind to how much your experience has improved. If you looked at it objectively you'd see that you now have the ability to not play the game you purchased when you want to play it. If you evaluate how this effects you personally you will see that you've gained quite a bit of functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom