• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very productive day!

Got my Titan to level 30, Hunter from Level 16 to 24, and started my 3rd alt as a Warlock to Level 11. By Tuesday I will be able to do the weekly, daily, nightfall and raid with at least 2 characters.

Woohoo!

slLIM8.jpg

0pHZO7.jpg

TEysdE.jpg

I bought The Devil You Know with the Vanguard marks my Titan had for my Hunter as well.

Anyone else crashing when you press start while travelling to a destination? Not always but it's happened enough times to make me wary about doing so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
nooo I missed the hawk emblem in the tower ;_;
Damn, so many bad exotics. Oh well I've got several of the OP ones as well
not at all prepared to add universal remote to the list of exotics needing buffs until I get my hands on one. i've been wrecked with it several times. steroyd might not see any appeal in running shotgun/fusion or shotgun/sniper but that doesn't mean it's anywhere close to worthless.
Then everyone goes to the right portal while two people go to the central conflux to defend it. The relic holder and the other person go in again inside. The relic holder uses their super on the gatekeeper to the knock off about half off the bosses health while the other guy finishes him off, grabs the relic and they both get out and defend the central conflux until the encounter ends.
mind blown, never would have thought of that

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is the Suros nerf official?
No. But Deej said that all ARs are still too OP particularly in PvP.
actually, the only thing I've seen was this referencing the regime in particular
Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics.
i hope more exotics (in addition to thorn and bad juju) are simply buffed to make them more viable choices. I feel I can hold my own against the Regime with a variety of weapons now.

Pimpwerx

Universal Remote is a piece of shit, I don't know why it exists, the only thing it has going for it is that it's in the primary weapon slot, and even then your special weapon slot is either a pulse rifle, a shotgun or a sniper rifle, so I can't think of any situation where it's useful to have it out in either PvP or PvE.

Suros is a beast, best weapon I've used for PvP so far that isn't a rocket launcher or LMG.

Universal Remote + hammer forged Comedian was a pretty nasty combination in PvP. PEACE.

Jesus Christ, another Mentor Missive. :lol I've done 'em all except Toland's Legacy, which I'm slowly working on. Only had two choices this time, even.

Oh well, a second Invective won't hurt.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Universal Remote + hammer forged Comedian was a pretty nasty combination in PvP. PEACE.
or shotgun/shotgun for that matter o_O

ah man
at the store in the checkout line, the guy had these under his cash register
and the little girl in front of me goes, "oh mom, look, he has Ice Breakers!"

and I thought,

"aww, I only have 13 coins..."

:(

Deku Tree

actually, the only thing I've seen was this referencing the regime in particular
i hope more exotics (in addition to thorn and bad juju) are simply buffed to make them more viable choices. I feel I can hold my own against the Regime with a variety of weapons now.

Oh sorry. I don't remeber where I read what I said. Maybe Your quote was it.

jett

D-Member
Bungie is so dumb for not having more objective/team-based modes in the game. They should just ripoff Uncharted 3's dynamic Team Objective, where it cycles through different objectives in a single match.

Just fucking do it Bungie.

Homeboyd

For anyone who has done the Templar HM and Atheon HM cheeses on all their characters, you can spend an extra 3 minutes per character and open the first chest for some extra shards/energy.

You can solo the gate opening by using this little zone trick, basically you start the spire build and run into the next zone, that despawns all enemies. Wait the 1:40 it takes for the spire to build, and zone back. At that point the beam hits the door and it opens (if you are close enough), and places the first chest.

http://youtu.be/dVkb2Y8yXr4

I guess you can do it as well to skip the open stuff in a regular raid group, but if your group can't open the door you probably won't get far anyways.
I'm gunna go ahead and watch this video and go ahead and learn how to do this trick and go ahead and try it and go ahead and see if it works and go ahead and be happy if it does work and go ahead and go inside the vault and go ahead and get to the chest and go ahead and open the chest and go ahead and get some ass mats and go ahead and use those ass mats and go ahead and quit and go ahead and post this post. Should I go ahead?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm seeing an increasing amount of people in the crucible trying to run away if they think they're going to die. Bunch of wussies. I just faced someone in skirmish that tried to run only shotgun and would attempt to run away every damn time. It's not my fault he's too stupid to realize I'm just going to shoot him in the face before he can get too close.

ah man
at the store in the checkout line, the guy had these under his cash register

and the little girl in front of me goes, "oh mom, look, he has Ice Breakers!"

and I thought,

"aww, I only have 13 coins..."

:(

Come hawk
Embrace the way of the farmer
Live many lives but live none.

Trojan

Oof...had a group of almost all 29 Gaffers do the hard mode raid this morning for first time. We only spent a little over an hour on it but we couldn't even advance past the Templar conflux checkpoint. Kept having one or more people die too consistently, which just makes it brutal if you're down to 4 people only.

Any tips on the best way to take on that part, or just hard mode in general? We have gotten good at normal raid but hard mode took our lunch the first time.

I hit 30 last night. Feels good.

I desperately want to do the hard mode Vault without any cheese. I only cheesed Atheon once, and I feel bad about it. Didn't get any significant gear from it, so that's good.

Oof...had a group of almost all 29 Gaffers do the hard mode raid this morning for first time. We only spent a little over an hour on it but we couldn't even advance past the Templar conflux checkpoint. Kept having one or more people die too consistently, which just makes it brutal if you're down to 4 people only.

Any tips on the best way to take on that part, or just hard mode in general? We have gotten good at normal raid but hard mode took our lunch the first time.

Get a level 30, stick him on the right side all alone. 3 left 1 middle left and 1 middle right.
When the level 30 needs help ( and he/she will) the middle right person can climb the stairs and assist.

BondFancy

Completely agree, I love the Regime but, believe me I've had my ass kicked by other weapons, the other exotics for the most part need huge buffs. I have too many exotics at the moment, the only ones I ever use are Invective, Suros, and Icebreaker.

On another note, I really want to play some more PVP with the Suros today, damn you Physics and Programming Project!

Deku Tree

Get a level 30, stick him on the right side all alone. 3 left 1 middle left and 1 middle right.
When the level 30 needs help ( and he/she will) the middle right person can climb the stairs and assist.

Or also use the sunbro infinite revive glitch while it still isn't patched.

IMO the right is where a lot of people die on hard mode because of the close quarters combat.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Get to lvl 30, no damage reduction against enemies and no increase on damage taken.

KodaRuss

Or also use the sunbro infinite revive glitch while it still isn't patched.

IMO the right is where a lot of people die on hard mode because of the close quarters combat.

It is just the opposite for us. We are all 29s in the group me and another go right and we stick four on the left and the left keeps getting deaths/overrun.

Deku Tree

Maybe it's just me, but right is easy and can be soloed.

Sure... Maybe but on hard I've seen a lot of people die over there say if a pretorian shows up and you don't kill him fast enough because he's right in your face.

Edit: actually all the times that I've played on hard most of the deaths on that phase that I have seen happen on the right side.

Let's get a hard raid going on ps4. Be level 29 or above with upgraded weapons. Add yourself below and I'll send you a friend request.

1. Slammin_Hammon (lvl 30 titan)

jett

D-Member
Because of this, the next Iron Banner will also require a Fireteam leader to be Level 20 to enter. While lower Level players may join in with their Level 20+ chaperone, they will find it very challenging.

Iron Bummer strikes again.

Deku Tree

Sure right is possibly the easiest side.

But the first time I did hard mode confluxes part,
I was left and we had a 30 and a 29 on right,
And we wiped like five times before we beat it,
And every time we wiped it was because the right side collapsed.

Shawn128

I'll be on if anyone wants to run nightfall or at least start the raid (dunno if I have two or three hours free).

PSN:Shawn128 Lvl 28 sunbro

Namikaze1

Sure right is possibly the easiest side.

But the first time I did hard mode confluxes part,
I was left and we had a 30 and a 29 on right,
And we wiped like five times before we beat it,
And every time we wiped it was because the right side collapsed.
Did they have maxed out weapons with them? I pretty much took care of right by myself when I was a 29 with Gjallahorn and Vision of Confluence. Gjallahorn for the minotaurs and crowd control while VoC for everything else.
And Gjallahorn wasn't maxed out then.

Deku Tree

Did they have maxed out weapons with them? I pretty much took care of right by myself when I was a 29 with Gjallahorn and Vision of Confluence. Gjallahorn for the minotaurs and crowd control while VoC for everything else.
And Gjallahorn wasn't maxed out then.

I'm not sure about their weapons. I thought they said they had upgraded weapons. Gjallahorn + VoC is just about the deadliest weapon combo that you can come up with in Destiny though.... I don't have either... I am still waiting for VoC to drop for me. I really want that gun.

Ambitious

How is the Light/Beware compared to the 77 Wizard? I just got one, but it deals Void damage, just like my Wizard. Not sure whether to replace the Wizard or scrap the Light/Beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom