• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

How is the Light/Beware compared to the 77 Wizard? I just got one, but it deals Void damage, just like my Wizard. Not sure whether to replace the Wizard or scrap the Light/Beware.

I have a fully upgraded void light beware. I think they are both very good. Compare the upgrades and the stats. Light/beware has low recoil and low charge time which is fantastic.

I have two maxed out exotic helmets but I don't like how either of them look so I've gone legendary instead and thrown the Voidfang on as my exotic.Game still has it's hooks in me.
IMG_20141025_181837_zpswfxn4vgn.jpg

Raxus

What's the consensus on Truth and Super Good Advice?

Not sure if I should spend energy on them.

Oh and the Praedyth's sniper. What's the thought on that?

Truth is great for PvP and the VoG.

SGA is worthless upgraded or otherwise.

Praedyth's Sniper seems solid but I use Ice Breaker so much I never use other snipers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

truth is good, SGA isn't worth it for the moment, I don't know much about praedyth's revenge

Deku Tree

SGA has very bad recoil I think. I don't have it.

Praedyth's Sniper is fantastic. I have one. Love it. Great when I have an exotic In a different slot so I can't use my icebreaker.

Trust me when you run the hard raid with a full level 30 fireteam it becomes easy :-D

Well, you need more than just one (or two) shots per week to be able to actually get to level 30. I need the boots for my Titan, beaten the Templar on Normal and Hard, and gotten Shards every time.

Daemul

Why the fuck did the Heroic Story bounties get nerfed? They used to give 100 rep/5000 exp, but all of the sudden they give 50 rep/2500 exp. The only reason I even bothered doing most of them was because of the 100 rep/5000 exp, now I can't be arsed anymore.

This isn't the first time Bungie has pulled this shit, a couple of bounties rep/exp amounts were nerfed soon after the games release. Yes Bungie, I fucking noticed.

How is the Light/Beware compared to the 77 Wizard? I just got one, but it deals Void damage, just like my Wizard. Not sure whether to replace the Wizard or scrap the Light/Beware.

Scrap the Light/Beware and go get the Solar damage version from the Vanguard Vendor.

Wurdfurd

Any west coast Gaffers want to do the normal raid tonight at about 6 PST? I'm a Lv 29 Titan and know the raid fairly well, I suck with the relic though lol

Good to know about SGA.

I think I'm going to finish off Truth and stick with it.

So I could go Vision of Confluence, Praedyth's Revenge, Truth... Or VoC, Ice Breaker, Unfriendly Giant.

Oof...had a group of almost all 29 Gaffers do the hard mode raid this morning for first time. We only spent a little over an hour on it but we couldn't even advance past the Templar conflux checkpoint. Kept having one or more people die too consistently, which just makes it brutal if you're down to 4 people only.

Any tips on the best way to take on that part, or just hard mode in general? We have gotten good at normal raid but hard mode took our lunch the first time.

Are you hiding in the spirit bloom cave when the templar summons his legions? No need to fight the massive wave of fanatics and axis harpies. Those harpies hit hard, esp if you're 29.

As for the 3 defend stages, the second one is the hardest. One person has to be dedicated in the center near the stairs and make sure no enemies can sneak up behind the left or right teams. The best strategy I've experienced is having one titan + hunter on the right, hunter helps in the middle if required from time to time. Stick most of the warlocks to the left since they can self-rez.

ocean

Banned
Guys, what vendor has a good Arc fusion rifle? I have a good Arc shotgun but that doesn't help much during Arc weeks like this one because close combat in PvE is generally unwise.

ocean

Banned
Are you hiding in the spirit bloom cave when the templar summons his legions? No need to fight the massive wave of fanatics and axis harpies. Those harpies hit hard, esp if you're 29.

As for the 3 defend stages, the second one is the hardest. One person has to be dedicated in the center near the stairs and make sure no enemies can sneak up behind the left or right teams. The best strategy I've experienced is having one titan + hunter on the right, hunter helps in the middle if required from time to time. Stick most of the warlocks to the left since they can self-rez.
If your Defender has the helm of Saint-14, their blind bubble does wonders. You pop it at the middle of the center stairs and enemies are aimless idiots who don't swarm the Conflux.

Ambitious

Why the fuck did the Heroic Story bounties get nerfed? They used to give 100 rep/5000 exp, but all of the sudden they give 50 rep/2500 exp. The only reason I even bothered doing most of them was because of the 100 rep/5000 exp, now I can't be arsed anymore.

This isn't the first time Bungie has pulled this shit, a couple of bounties rep/exp amounts were nerfed soon after the games release. Yes Bungie, I fucking noticed.

Scrap the Light/Beware and go get the Solar damage version from the Vanguard Vendor.

Ah, I forgot their damage type is random. I've already got the Pocket Infinity, so to complete my set of Fusion Rifles I'd need one with Arc damage. I'm gonna have to wait for next week anyway, as I've hit the Vanguard mark cap already.

This is just a casual observation, but I'm convinced the drop rate of legendary engrams has been increased over the last little while. I've had four drop in the last couple of days, and I am usually lucky to get one every week or so with much more time spent.

Anyone else seeing this?

Greenymac

If your Defender has the helm of Saint-14, their blind bubble does wonders. You pop it at the middle of the center stairs and enemies are aimless idiots who don't swarm the Conflux.

Javier I hit 30 last night so Im gonna try to get the team together today. Can you help?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This is just a casual observation, but I'm convinced the drop rate of legendary engrams has been increased over the last little while. I've had four drop in the last couple of days, and I am usually lucky to get one every week or so with much more time spent.

Anyone else seeing this?

No, you've just been lucky.

^ I'll add you. We will just need 3 more then.

I'd love to join you, but I have to leave for dinner in about 2 hours which would be crap for you guys.

Still hope to run a full hard raid for the first time thid weekend. Several normal runs and a couple partial hard, and zero raid armor drops so far...

I'd love to join you, but I have to leave for dinner in about 2 hours which would be crap for you guys.

Still hope to run a full hard raid for the first time thid weekend. Several normal runs and a couple partial hard, and zero raid armor drops so far...

I have a full team now. You can go ahead and add me though and we can raid another time.

Can't quite afford the helmet I may use should I need to :(

Oh saveweyard and ZonySUX, PSN is not letting me search for and add you for our HM raid tonight. I do not know what to do.

I'll try adding you. If not I'll check to see if I'm friends with anyone else in the group already.

Anyone else seeing this?

I've not had a legendary drop since they changed the way decryptions work :/

Marvel

could never
I'll try adding you. If not I'll check to see if I'm friends with anyone else in the group already.

Yeah good call, if so you'll be able to join me.

Le sigh, psn has been unusable to for me after 5pm pretty much every day I cannot access FR's and to send out FR's.

Fibre optic too haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom