• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkJAW

Just realized Bungie hinted that they may adjust the PvP side of the vex nerf. Thank goodness. The Suros is better than it in every way except for maybe CQB, but Suros can fire from the hip and not suffer from the reduced fire rate, rendering the advantage null. There is basically no reason to use the vex over Suros (except for the fact that the vex is fucking badass).

blackflag

Just realized Bungie hinted that they may adjust the PvP side of the vex nerf. Thank goodness. The Suros is better than it in every way except for maybe CQB, but Suros can fire from the hip and not suffer from the reduced fire rate, rendering the advantage null. There is basically no reason to use the vex over Suros (except for the fact that the vex is fucking badass).

When did they say this? Where?

Deku Tree

Thanks, makes sense, so it's just like the daily then. Was a bit confused because the weekly heroic can be done multiple times (until you get your 9 coins if I'm correct)

Are the perks different between exotic drops and bought? Hmm. I like the upgrade tho, makes it more like the Galahad-E which I love.
If you do the weekly 28 you get 9 strange coins, and you only get them once. You never get more than 9 coins from the weekly per week per alt.

This is exactly the same type of reward system as the nightfall and the daily.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Heads up, Amazon (North America) has the Blacksmith shader available with pre-order of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I believe this was Gamestop exclusive for a while and this is the first time another retailer has offered it in North America.

What about for those that already preordered from Amazon?

Ahhh...thanks :)

I had no idea Thorn was viable for PvP. What makes it so good?

Basically if you hit them three times with it you kill them. Even if your shots are horribly placed the poison should finish them off. Otherwise if you get them cleanly in the upper torso/head it'll only take 2 or 3 shots. The reload time sucks and the rate of fire is just ok. The recoil is sorta brutal but once you get used to it it's manageable. There is a recoil upgrade but I always choose the range upgrade over it which really made the gun shine for me. Also, maybe someone else can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure at close range one shot and a melee results in a kill. I've done this a couple times but I can't be certain the other guy didn't already have some damage from a previous fight.

But I think the best part about it is the entertainment factor. I have a handful of videos where someone will kill me and then during the kill cam I watch as the poison keeps ticking points off their health while they frantically look around and strafe trying to figure out what's going on. Unfortunately, the people who are familiar with the weapon make it a bit tougher to pick off. A lot of people now will either notice your green bullets streaking by or see themselves poisoned if you hit them once and they'll cut and run instead of trying to go toe to toe with you.

Deku Tree

The overwheming majority of people playing destiny on GAF and posting in this thread appear to be on PS4. If people don't say what system they are playing on it is safe to assume it's PS4.

Carn82

If you do the weekly 28 you get 9 strange coins, and you only get them once. You never get more than 9 coins from the weekly per week per alt.

This is exactly the same type of reward system as the nightfall and the daily.

Yeah, but you could do the weekly on 26 and on 28 and also get 3 plus 6? coins, i didn't know that until yesterday, I thought you could play it once and that would be that regarding coins, hence my confusion

Is there a discernible difference in damage received when running normal Raid at level 30 vs level 29?
Somewhat, for normal if you're 29 or 30 you basically go to lvl 28. I believe it has to do with not being effected by damage modifiers or something.

Sounds weird I know.

I am finally LEGEND! Bow down to your lord and master.

B00sBb7IAAEY1E5.jpg

nowai

Ahhh...thanks :)

I had no idea Thorn was viable for PvP. What makes it so good?

You can pretty much snipe with it if you have good aim and the DoT is money bags.

I have killed countless people trying to run away only to die to the DoT.

Having said this, I ONLY use Thorn on my hunter with Chain of Woe. The small mag and painfully slow reload speed make it hot garbage on my titan or warlock.

If it is buffed to have 12 rounds or a faster reload, then having double DoTs on my lock could be pretty OP.

ocean

Banned
No, for normal if you're 29 or 30 your basically 28. I believe it has to do with not being effected by damage modifiers or something.

Yes. Damage output and damage received
Anyone tested the difference? I know being above level stops mattering after a while (hence Old Russia trash mobs still making some damage despite you being 25 levels above them) but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The only two I see, Hunter and Warlock. I played Hunter for a bit and it makes you wonder why you'd even bother being titan(I have a Titan main). Titan is meant for close range, but that doesn't exactly mean anything in the world of Destiny. Hunters and Warlocks can do just as good in close range without much risk and have more tools at their disposal. Hunter with the golden gun and blade dancer, it kind of just makes many of the things the Titan can do useless. The fucking shield that you have for the defender class becomes absolutely useless because it's either you sit and wait for the Hunters supercharge go away or you go out and try and kill them. If you wait, they'll just rush in with their super and maybe you'll kill them, or they'll just lose their super and rush you with melee and shotgun and kill you. Theoretically, there isn't much difference between the Warlock and Titan class, yet they have much more tools to get the job done in PvP. They both have supers that cause splash damage, except one allows for much more damage to be spread out without risk of truly missing and getting thrown into a group of people who will then melee and shotgun you to death. The Warlock subclass just allows for overall bullshit to happen, and that whole Titan being the tanky class out of the three bullshit goes out of the window. The Warlock can basically revive themself and they get an outrageous shield if they even melee a person with low health. There are many times where I have my defender class shield and a Warlock just comes around to set me on fire with a melee and shotguns me from a distance.. Defender class is just useless. The grenades are given are just a gimp in its own. i know this may sound like me talking ot of frustration, but I'm on the move, if you feel like some things I've said are wrong, just say so!

Get the Saint Helm for your Titan and run Armor of Light. Then punch blind fools into oblivion.

During the Gatekeeper part, does the encounter end faster if both relic holders use their super on the central conflux? Done it once and it did indeed end but not sure if it did anything or it was going to happen anyway.

Zakalwe

Banned
Our regular raid group are running hard mode together for the first time. We need one more if anyone would like to join us?

We're all experienced in HM in different groups.

29 or 30 as long as you have good gear.

Psn: astropoff

Deku Tree

How long does it take to find all 50 dead ghosts with a guide? Lolz. I don't even know which ones I have found yet.

I am at 71% of the destiny ps trophies. Mostly I didn't do a lot of the PvP stuff and flawless raider and leveling Titan and Hunter classes.

kuppy

Our regular raid group are running hard mode together for the first time. We need one more if anyone would like to join us?

We're all experienced in HM in different groups.

29 or 30 as long as you have good gear.

Psn: astropoff
Well, yeah, sounds nice. Level 30 Hunter, PSN: kuppii930

ocean

Banned
Does anyone know if you upgrade a rare sparrow with that thing that xur sells, is it just as durable and fast as a legendary sparrow dropped in the raid?
I believe a little less durable, a little faster (unless you use the double boost on the Raid sparrow which is a short bust that goes even faster until it blows up)

Afrocious

Yo congrats!! Anyone getting the flawless raider trophy is a beast. I didn't think it'd be possible without a cap increase.

Nah, it's very possible once you hit level 30 and know how to stay alive.

That said, figs, think you could do it again? I think it's about time I got that trophy. Perhaps tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom