• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

Man, this online is so fucked. Who the fuck thought that Suros Regime would be good thing to put on Xurs marketplace?

Those nerfs they put out dont do shit. The same problems persist with specific gun classes being absolutely useless. Its still dominate guardian classes and still dominate gun classes. I just got a rare pulse rifle I like and its pointless to even try and use it because I'll end up doing poorly every match. Ugh.

Pulse rifles are really the only primaries that I can't make work in PVP at the moment. Maybe someone else will set me straight, but it's the only one that feels like it's lagging behind the rest.

I have a Suros but don't use it. As someone purely on the receiving end, I think it specifically should be nerfed just a bit more (along with the Mythoclast) for PVP. Implement those changes and a pulse buff and I'd have little to gripe about for balancing.

So after extensive use in Crucible with both Thorn and Bad Juju I really hope they don't overbuff Thorn too much.

That gun is a beast as it stands now, I'd hate to see them make it a "cheap" weapon in PvP by making it overpowered. Maybe just bump the mag up to 7 and make the reload a tiny bit faster but that's the max they should go.

As for Bad Juju...I don't have it completely leveled up yet but yeesh, it sucks. It's reload is nice and the gun feels good but otherwise it's junk. Its mag size kills it and I think that's everyone's biggest complaint. The range is ass too. I don't know, I'm a big pulse rife fan but I'll probably wait til Red Death makes it's round again from Xur.
I've mentioned it many times, but I really hope they don't increase the magazine size on bad juju. That's not its problem. They could increase the mag size and it would still be complete shit. There's a range upgrade by the way.
lol just got it, this bounty is to kill banok, ur prince, it's before you even get into the shrine let alone the sword part, not even a respawn restricted area. it isn't worth more than 2500xp... but who knows. if none are ever 5000xp again, strike me down
That specific bounty has always been 2500, so I think people are just confused.

The strike bounty has been 2500 for quite a while if I'm not mistaken. Hell it might have always been 2500.

Fitts

So it's a LoLCanon then? I like that :)

Yup. It's the shenanigans -- and I love it. As someone who couldn't resist rolling auto rifle/shotgun 90% of the time pre-patch I'm glad that the AR nerf has made me take a second look at my other options.

I would love to get a full fireteam of 6 Thorn users together in Crucible at some point. It would be some amazing fun!

Reule

Anyone at the Gatekeepers on Hard? I have a checkpoint there and either need to find a group that's there or get people together to do finish it. That or Aetheon on Hard but I'd like to get the rewards for Gatekeepers. I have a fully upgraded Gjallarhorn as well as other weapons to help. Level 29, Gunslinger.

PSN: Reule

Fitts

Anyone at the Gatekeepers on Hard? I have a checkpoint there and either need to find a group that's there or get people together to do finish it. That or Aetheon on Hard but I'd like to get the rewards for Gatekeepers. I have a fully upgraded Gjallarhorn as well as other weapons to help. Level 29, Gunslinger.

I've never done Gatekeepers on hard but would be willing to give it a go. I can take direction well. :)

Lvl 29 Titan Defender

PSN: EinFurDIeDamen

EL CUCO

Scoring only ass mats for a complete Raid is the equivalent of winning $1 on a lottery ticket...only worse.

I'm baffled at how Bungie would allow their "ultimate piece of content" even give out a reward like that. I guess the gamers got even with the cheese but man does that discourage people from taking this game serious or what.

I've had to talk some friends of mine off of the trade in ledge, but now it happened to me...lol

I'm way too invested in this game to get rid of it but maaaaan.

Bungie plz
I needed to vent

Agent

Just did a hard raid. All I need is gauntlets or helm to hit 30 but of course I get neither. One person got 2 gauntlet drops after oracles and Templar. I think I am being punished for getting body/boots on my first ever raid run because I'm 0/10 on armor since that run.

I've accumulated a bunch of ass shards and energy over those raids. If only I had something to upgrade.

Fitts

I think Pulse Rifles need a bit of a stability buff, and even then they would only be only somewhat usable for PvP.

Really. Huh.... I've found that most pulse rifles have fine stability but just don't do enough damage. Maybe I need to give them another go.

I wouldn't mind jumping in. Lvl 29 Gunslinger as well with fully upgraded Hezen Vengeance, SUROS, and Vanquisher VIII and almost fully upgraded Ice Breaker and ZAWF47.

PSN: ArkkAngel007

Lakitu

st5fu
Posting for new page, starting Normal raid in 30 or so minutes (just need to finish up some work first).

So far we have:

1) Me (Cosmic_Onion)
2) Seep_UK
3) YKERR
4)
5)
6)

Room for 3 more.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have a fully upgraded G, and it's awesome.

But why would you think the G is better than Truth for VoG?

Since I've not used Truth there yet I'd be curious to know...especially since Truth holds three rockets and tracks just like the G.

What makes G better?
The tracking clusters, ESPECIALLY when Time's Vengeance is active - you can really make Atheon's day very bad with the Gjallarhorn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think Pulse Rifles need a bit of a stability buff, and even then they would only be only somewhat usable for PvP.

i just don't get what role they're supposed to play. i don't know how to make them better unless I get what they are supposed to be good at... every other gun has some kind of niche.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member

I'm at gatekeepers on hard on my lvl 29 titan.

Psn: Eldritch_Spectre

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i just don't get what role they're supposed to play. i don't know how to make them better unless I get what they are supposed to be good at... every other gun has some kind of niche.
I assume the point is that it's a scout rifle with a burst shot. But if everyone is rocking VoC's, it kind of makes them a bit pointless.

Lakitu

st5fu
Cool. I'm working on my alt at the moment, just shoot me a message when you're ready to go and I'll join up.

Alright, I should be ready very soon, just have to finish things up so I don't have any interruptions during the raid.

Still need 2 more.

who are the unbalanced classes?

The only two I see, Hunter and Warlock. I played Hunter for a bit and it makes you wonder why you'd even bother being titan(I have a Titan main). Titan is meant for close range, but that doesn't exactly mean anything in the world of Destiny. Hunters and Warlocks can do just as good in close range without much risk and have more tools at their disposal. Hunter with the golden gun and blade dancer, it kind of just makes many of the things the Titan can do useless. The fucking shield that you have for the defender class becomes absolutely useless because it's either you sit and wait for the Hunters supercharge go away or you go out and try and kill them. If you wait, they'll just rush in with their super and maybe you'll kill them, or they'll just lose their super and rush you with melee and shotgun and kill you. Theoretically, there isn't much difference between the Warlock and Titan class, yet they have much more tools to get the job done in PvP. They both have supers that cause splash damage, except one allows for much more damage to be spread out without risk of truly missing and getting thrown into a group of people who will then melee and shotgun you to death. The Warlock subclass just allows for overall bullshit to happen, and that whole Titan being the tanky class out of the three bullshit goes out of the window. The Warlock can basically revive themself and they get an outrageous shield if they even melee a person with low health. There are many times where I have my defender class shield and a Warlock just comes around to set me on fire with a melee and shotguns me from a distance.. Defender class is just useless. The grenades are given are just a gimp in its own. i know this may sound like me talking ot of frustration, but I'm on the move, if you feel like some things I've said are wrong, just say so!

Got an exotic bounty to get Thorn. Also got my first ever legendary engram drop in the wild after 50-60 hours of playing. Might be doing a lot of Tiger Strikes to get coins for Voidfang Vestments. Lots of small goals getting done today it seems.

Any level 29 or 30 with hard raid experience wanna join in on the hard raid? Fresh start now, we have three level 30s and 2 29s. All experienced.

PS4: GKW212

Kalamari

I assume the point is that it's a scout rifle with a burst shot. But if everyone is rocking VoC's, it kind of makes them a bit pointless.

I think they are supposed to fit into some kind of situational niche, but other weapons perform better in all situations. Improving stability would help, and maybe an increase in RoF would help put them closer to ARs and SRs in terms of usability.

Carn82

Haven't played a nightfall yet, how does the rewards system work? You can get rewards 1x a week or can you keep playing it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The only two I see, Hunter and Warlock. I played Hunter for a bit and it makes you wonder why you'd even bother being titan(I have a Titan main). Titan is meant for close range, but that doesn't exactly mean anything in the world of Destiny. Hunters and Warlocks can do just as good in close range without much risk and have more tools at their disposal. Hunter with the golden gun and blade dancer, it kind of just makes many of the things the Titan can do useless. The fucking shield that you have for the defender class becomes absolutely useless because it's either you sit and wait for the Hunters supercharge go away or you go out and try and kill them. If you wait, they'll just rush in with their super and maybe you'll kill them, or they'll just lose their super and rush you with melee and shotgun and kill you. Theoretically, there isn't much difference between the Warlock and Titan class, yet they have much more tools to get the job done in PvP. They both have supers that cause splash damage, except one allows for much more damage to be spread out without risk of truly missing and getting thrown into a group of people who will then melee and shotgun you to death. The Warlock subclass just allows for overall bullshit to happen, and that whole Titan being the tanky class out of the three bullshit goes out of the window. The Warlock can basically revive themself and they get an outrageous shield if they even melee a person with low health. There are many times where I have my defender class shield and a Warlock just comes around to set me on fire with a melee and shotguns me from a distance.. Defender class is just useless. The grenades are given are just a gimp in its own. i know this may sound like me talking ot of frustration, but I'm on the move, if you feel like some things I've said are wrong, just say so!

they dont even have to have low health.

titans could use a buff in pvp, respectable position, i haven't played one yet myself so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom