• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, you guys were right, Blind Watch on Control really is unbalanced. Spawn on C and you have a huge advantage unless you swap the team spawns.

The fact that B is so close to C makes it easy to defend both.

Thanks to everybody who offered advice on how to handle the Gatekeeper battle. I had done it before, but always with a great deal of frustration.

This time I went in with some randoms from Destiny Tracker (who turned out to be super cool and funny), and we absolutely torched those fuckers before taking out Aetheon in like 2 minutes flat.

Very satisfying. :D

Didn't get anything good really, aside from the raid chest piece, but hey, not too long before the Raid resets and I can try again.

I'm going to keep doing it till I get that Multitool and/or Last Word. :D

Speaking of which, are there any other places you can get those weapons or are they raid exclusive?

Thanks!

After mistakenly dismantling The Final Boss Sniper I had the other day, RNGeesus gifted me with the Epitaph 2261 from a BLUE engram. I don't think I've ever gotten a Legendary from a blue engram.

How is the Epitaph? Got it with solar damage.

Its okay, really good with the field scout perk.

It took me a while but I've finally realized that Defender was useless unless you play high-level Strikes or the Raid. Now all I play in PvP is Striker and I'm having much more fun.

Each to their own, I've found the extended shield with weapons of light insanely useful in control. Supers can crush the dome, sure... but only if they live through their charge-up animation. :D Anybody else is just meat to be slaughtered inside the dome.

EDIT: Also, sticky grenades that people STILL haven't figured out explode TWICE, lol.

Kydd BlaZe

Well, that confirmed what happened with the group Reule and I were with in regards to the double expunges after beating the Gatekeeper fight. Those two had sacrifices at the same time as the battle ended.

What's the sniper rifle that person is using? Makes me wish Fatebringer dropped instead of Mythoclast.
He's using the Praedyth's Revenge.

Jeez, you guys were right, Blind Watch on Control really is unbalanced. Spawn on C and you have a huge advantage unless you swap the team spawns.

The fact that B is so close to C makes it easy to defend both.

The map seems like it was designed specifically to fuck over the people coming from the other side of the map.

-Can easily snipe those approaching B from A indoors (stand at the bottom doorway)
-Balcony for killing anyone taking C
-Balcony also allows you to shoot down the alternate way of approaching B from A
-People who spawn at C can happily throw grenades from safety when opposing team is taking B. My favourite is throwing lightning grenades or tripmines from the bottom of the steps so it attaches to the ceiling.

All in all a shitty map

todd360

sooo you get to pick fig, do you want this?

It's 7 in the morning where she lives. She's probably asleep. I like this one though. Flawless raider was extremely stressful. Everyone's hands got sweaty during the jumping puzzle.

Edit: Just pick one of the ones she came up with that you like I guess.

Edit 2 use this one

OT9| If there's a Praetorian up my ass, let me know.

That's from the flawless run lol.

The map seems like it was designed specifically to fuck over the people coming from the other side of the map.

-Can easily snipe those approaching B from A indoors (stand at the bottom doorway)
-Balcony for killing anyone taking C
-Balcony also allows you to shoot down the alternate way of approaching B from A
-People who spawn at C can happily throw grenades from safety when opposing team is taking B. My favourite is throwing lightning grenades or tripmines from the bottom of the steps so it attaches to the ceiling.

All in all a shitty map

Would be nice to have a map vote.

Shores of Time all day, everyday!

Acrylic7

It took me a while but I've finally realized that Defender was useless unless you play high-level Strikes or the Raid. Now all I play in PvP is Striker and I'm having much more fun.

I get way more kills with defender. And Iv pulled some pretty crazy magic out of my ass with it as well. I wish I had a ps4 so I could record my awesome.

The bubble changes the way people come at you. If anyone without a super comes inside they are toast, and If they do have a super you have time to get out and still get the kill. I will take that over the ground pound any day. Ground pound is just for a single kill area. The bubble sets you up for multiple kills over time and is vastly more effective for your team.

How does prudence II sniper hold up compared to other legendary ones? I really want a nice legendary sniper but it is the only one I've come across my entire time playing.

ocean

Banned
Vault of Glass Insane Mode: Two Manning Heroic: http://youtu.be/GXi-zBDJK5s
Look, ma:
5ba53064_7827.jpeg

No cheese. Seriously, Bungie should give these guys a serious recognition because this video is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I tried with a full team of 29s for over an hour and we couldn't defend all three confluxes.

Steroyd

How does prudence II sniper hold up compared to other legendary ones? I really want a nice legendary sniper but it is the only one I've come across my entire time playing.

It's awesome it's firefly perk that explodes enemies with headshot kills embarrasses the Icebreaker's version of it.

JJD

Man this week has been amazing for me!

Got Hardlight from the nightfall, The Last Word, Gjallahorn and Atheon's Epilogue from the Raid.

Bought Suros, Armamentarium and No Back Up Plans from Xur!

Man this week has been amazing for me!

Got Hardlight from the nightfall, The Last Word, Gjallahorn and Atheon's Epilogue from the Raid.

Bought Suros, Armamentarium and No Back Up Plans from Xur!

WzuQYIF.gif

haven't seen anything yellow from the raid. not even once

Are Bungie's servers having issues now for anybody else? I've been getting disconnected and booted to the main screen (Press "X" to Play) a couple times now... Elks and Zebras for days -_-

GlamFM

Banned
Beat the raid for the first time yesterday with a bunch of gaffers. Got vision of confluence and a legendary glider.
Can't wait to do it again.
Love this game.

Midas

Are Bungie's servers having issues now for anybody else? I've been getting disconnected and booted to the main screen (Press "X" to Play) a couple times now... Elks and Zebras for days -_-

Yeah. First time this happens for me. I land on Venus and get kicked out while loading in the next part of the map.

HighOnPCP

Prepare to let all your hate flow. Let it out, it's OK.

So today was awesome. Did the Nightfall with my alt today and got another Suros.
Did the weekly and got a legendary engram.
Did a whole bunch of stuff bounties etc. for both characters until I had one bounty left on my main character...kill the Archon Priest in Winter's Run. I didn't wanna do it the "easy" way so I went into Tiger Vanguard...first Strike is Devil's Lair.
This is still my favorite Strike so I play it, plus It's me (level 30) and two other level 30's.

I get this afterwards:

B02e0zqIgAAg89v.jpg:orig

The weird thing was, after we blew Sepiks Prime into pieces and the countdown started to roll I saw golden letters in the corner of my eye...minor heart attack already. It was me!!! wtf? thank you RNGesus oh lawddd etc.

At the Reward screen it showed me a rare sniper rifle and a blue engram...this can't be right? Hmm maybe the order got mixed up...POST post reward screen...5 items. None of them actually Patience and Time...BUNGIE JUST FUCKED ME.

Oh nvm it's in lost items....bruhhhhh.

I actually don't even know why I'm writing this long ass "story" about it lol.

ANYWAYS, two Strikes later I get this:

B02o-PcIgAE-hq5.jpg:orig

The best part? Those are both guns I really, REALLY wanted...still shocked.

I'm out peace.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

Compsiox

Banned
NEVER PLAY WITH:
Lemm (Neogaf:)
WelcomeNowhere (Neogaf: WelcomeNowhere)
Eldritch_Spectre (Neogaf:Indrid Cold)
Brolly1016 (Neogaf: ERMint13)
PSN: Branaghs (Neogaf: Sheppard)
They are a bunch of unreasonable and selfish assholes.

After hours of attempting the Raid on Hard they decided they wanted to cheese Atheon. I said I could possibly do it because I had done it before. When I couldn't do it they accused me of lying and kicked me to let someone else into the fireteam. I sat there from 12:30am to 3:00am and got nothing out of it.

Seeing them continue without me is painful. I feel as if I have been treated like shit or like I'm a person that doesn't have feelings.

Prepare to let all your hate flow. Let it out, it's OK

Nobody cares. This forum is for commiserating RNG woes, not bragging RNG blessings. It is the unwritten golden rule.

NEVER PLAY WITH:
They are a bunch of unreasonable and selfish assholes.

If you are going to call people out, you should probably at least explain what the reasons are for the hating. Innocent until proven guilty, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom