• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I got my first Exotic item from a legendary drop today. It was someone's spine gauntlets for a hunter if course....the only type of character I don't have.

I now have 3 exotic and 3 legendary hunter armor pieces in my vault.

I had my first taste of the raid last night, got halfway through before the gate lords got the better of us as tiredness crept in. Loot so far was praedeths revenge and the raid leg armour.

Still loving the game but the difficulty ramp from the normal content and high level strikes does not prepare you for the raid in the slightest!

If I have an exotic helmet, raid leg armour and legendary chest and arms what's the highest light I can get to if I fully upgrade exotic and raid but don't waste shards on the other legendary?

ocean

Banned
Tiger Strikes being generous today. A purple drop turned into a Void Sniper. I then got Legendary Boots for my Titan (swiftly sharded of course). I then actually got Legendary Boots for my yet to be created Hunter! Can't complain. I hit V Mark cap but I think I'll keep running Tigers through the weekend to see if I luck out.

kidko

Damn, I'm gonna miss Xur since I can't get remote play to work while out of town. Was really hoping this would go smoother since it works so well at home :((

HighOnPCP

So are the rewards good or what? Is that the main thing you do in game?

I'd say playing Tiger Strike playlist is great if you just wanna "farm" some blue engrams because you'll get 1-2 while playing and another 1-3 at the reward screen most of the time. Then you also get ALOT of shitty blue weapons nobody cares about. And then on a rare occasion you do actually get exotic weapons. But like everything else this is pure RNG, keep that in mind.

How does he drop the relic when fighting Atheon?

If you use the button to switch buttons you'll drop it.

And I really have been wanting to post this picture somewhere. I'll do it here.

i8iHtiO.png

Compsiox

Banned
If you are going to call people out, you should probably at least explain what the reasons are for the hating. Innocent until proven guilty, etc.

After hours of attempting the Raid on Hard they decided they wanted to cheese Atheon. I said I could possibly do it because I had done it before. When I couldn't do it they accused me of lying and kicked me to let someone else into the fireteam. I sat there from 12:30am to 3:00am and got nothing out of it.

Seeing them continue without me is painful. I feel as if I have been treated like shit or like I'm a person that doesn't have feelings.

ocean

Banned
Did 15 publics and 5 Tigers so far.. Screw this game

You need more Tiger.

tigers.jpg

Seriously now, given enough Blue Engrams Rahool will eventually say fuck it and give you a coin. Unless you have real bad luck you should have time to get a Coin before the shady bastard leaves the Tower.

HighOnPCP

Hot damn that is a serious lucky roll. I thought I had it good with 3 purps today.

I couldn't believe it. When I got P&T I kinda kept it cool but after Hawkmoon dropped I just repeated "Hawkmoon" "Hawkmoon" and made bird noises lol I'm such a retard.

ocean

Banned
I couldn't believe it. When I got P&T I kinda kept it cool but after Hawkmoon dropped I just repeated "Hawkmoon" "Hawkmoon" and made bird noises lol I'm such a retard.

I get you. When I got the Mythoclast the guys I was running the Raid with must've thought I was insane. I wouldn't stop saying "I GOT THE FU-CKIN MYTHOCLAST".

Sullichin

Blew all my coins on Suros, and then I got the Super Good Advice bounty.. I guess I have like an hour to try to get another coin before I'm stuck with this bounty for a week.

foxdvd

I had never done a raid. Started a normal raid once and only got to the second boss but our team just could not do it and after 4 times everyone had to get off. I sort of gave up getting it done since my friends never could get on at the same time and I had no luck trying to find a raid. I am level 29...

So one of my friends invites me into a raid that is right before the last boss (I did not know at the time they were going to cheese the boss) 1 minute later I have the trophy for beating the raid on hard...for my 1 minute of trouble I get

Raid Legendary armor
Legendary Ship
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast

I casually say out loud "Hey I got a vex" and I had a few angry teammates...lol.. RNG is a bitch sometimes...

If I have an exotic helmet, raid leg armour and legendary chest and arms what's the highest light I can get to if I fully upgrade exotic and raid but don't waste shards on the other legendary?

You can get to Lv29 (requires 109 light).

You need 3 raid pieces + 1 exotic (or 4 raid pieces) for Lv30. You can reach 29 without any raid gear and just the exotic.

Seeing them continue without me is painful. I feel as if I have been treated like shit or like I'm a person that doesn't have feelings.

That was a very helpful explanation and a very shitty thing they did. I think it's really low for people to have no loyalty to a raid team and even worse to bitch about cheesing (especially if they weren't contributing anything themselves). I've played with some of them before but will be sure to steer clear in the future.

I had never done a raid. Started a normal raid once and only got to the second boss but our team just could not do it and after 4 times everyone had to get off. I sort of gave up getting it done since my friends never could get on at the same time and I had no luck trying to find a raid. I am level 29...

So one of my friends invites me into a raid that is right before the last boss (I did not know at the time they were going to cheese the boss) 1 minute later I have the trophy for beating the raid on hard...for my 1 minute of trouble I get

Raid Legendary armor
Legendary Ship
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast

I casually say out loud "Hey I got a vex" and I had a few angry teammates...lol.. RNG is a bitch sometimes...

I was invited to help a team finish off Aetheon on Hard, and got a Mythoclast for basically doing nothing but taking out Oracles with the Epilogue. People were choked, but there I was saying 'I WOULD TRADE YOU FOR A MULTITOOL! I WOULD TRADE YOU FOR A LAST WORD! Blame Bungie, not me!'.

kidko

After hours of attempting the Raid on Hard they decided they wanted to cheese Atheon. I said I could possibly do it because I had done it before. When I couldn't do it they accused me of lying and kicked me to let someone else into the fireteam. I sat there from 12:30am to 3:00am and got nothing out of it.

I dunno man, don't take it so personally. Admit defeat and try again another day.

You need more Tiger.

tigers.jpg

Seriously now, given enough Blue Engrams Rahool will eventually say fuck it and give you a coin. Unless you have real bad luck you should have time to get a Coin before the shady bastard leaves the Tower.

Lol

I'm really pissed I want that warlock chest from xur so bad..

I dunno man, don't take it so personally. Admit defeat and try again another day.

That's not about admitting defeat. If somebody has stuck with you for 3 hours, you either bail yourself or you stick it out. You don't kick them out and find a mercenary to fill the spot, that's garbage.

HighOnPCP

I get you. When I got the Mythoclast the guys I was running the Raid with must've thought I was insane. I wouldn't stop saying "I GOT THE FU-CKIN MYTHOCLAST".

Haha hell yeah I annoyed my friends for days because I got the Raid Helmet and Chest piece and they got nothing but shards/energy and duplicate weapons. it's just fun in the end and they get it. That's the nature of those type of games, showing off is a big part of it lol. Also I'm still missing the Vex in my collection, hopefully that'll change soon!

Disagree completely. It's extremely selfish to only expect other people to do things for you and then cut them out when they don't do your bidding properly. Treat people in the game like you would in real life: with consideration and respect, not as a means to an end.

That's not about admitting defeat. If somebody has stuck with you for 3 hours, you either bail yourself or you stick it out. You don't kick them out and find a mercenary to fill the spot, that's garbage.

Agree completely. Glad some people around here have some courtesy.

what were those things they were hiding from? The make a beeping noise as if they are scanning the area.
edit- at 45:51
Are you talking about the gorgons?

Edit: yep. Gorgons fill this maze section and you have to find the exit to the next area. If a gorgon spots anyone on the fire team, it's instant death for everyone.

Compsiox

Banned
Disagree completely. It's extremely selfish to only expect other people to do things for you and then cut them out when they don't do your bidding properly. Treat people in the game like you would in real life: with consideration and respect, not as a means to an end.

Agree completely. Glad some people around here have some courtesy.

Thanks a lot guys. It makes me feel good knowing that there are people out there like you guys who realize how their actions affect other people.

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member

That's not exactly what happened, but it's not worth starting anything over.

breakfuss

Yep, that's pretty shitty. Can't believe the entire team agreed to that. I run it a few times a week so I'm definitely down to join you whenever you're up for it again.. What's your PSN?

You can get to Lv29 (requires 109 light).

You need 3 raid pieces + 1 exotic (or 4 raid pieces) for Lv30. You can reach 29 without any raid gear and just the exotic.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it would cross the 28-29 boundary without wasting shards on non exotic and legendary armour

Compsiox

Banned
Yep, that's pretty shitty. Can't believe the entire team agreed to that. I run it a few times a week so I'm definitely down to join you whenever you're up for it again.. What's your PSN?

LaKillingFrenzy

I probably won't be doing it again this weekend but if you need anyone let me know. If I need you I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks man.

That's not exactly what happened, but it's not worth starting anything over.

Feel free to tell your side if you wish.

Generally speaking though, if you're unhappy with a teammate (or teammates) then the reasonable thing to do is to say 'Hey, I'm getting tired/frustrated/bored. I'm going to head out for the night, good luck to the rest of you.'

I've done it. Sometimes because I was honestly tired or frustrated, sometimes because I just couldn't stand the personality of certain teammate for much longer. But it was my call to leave and find others, not force somebody else out when their presence no longer benefitted me. I was taking it upon myself to go find 5 more, I wasn't going to force somebody else into that position just so that I could have the easier job of finding one more to fill an empty spot.

I can't imagine a scenario where getting somebody ELSE to leave for your benefit doesn't come off as petty and gross.

TTG

Thanks a lot guys. It makes me feel good knowing that there are people out there like you guys who realize how their actions affect other people.

What I found a bit unsettling is that a bunch of them are on GAF, but then again I've been browsing this forum for years and the community has done nothing but grow.

I hope Bungie are actively working on a robust matchmaking system for raids. Something that will take your checkpoint into account as well as experience level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom