• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Got my avi all spookay for Halloween, I hope Bungie can make changes to the Tower for such times? pumpkin lanterns and ghastly alterations to npc's would be nice.

Christmas also, I want to see a giant tree there that I may jump into.

What do you people think they could offer in a level 26 and 28 strike playlist besides more rep and marks?

Higher chance of legendary drops? Or maybe just the rep and marks. Probably won't ever get guaranteed legendaries unless they make it a once a week thing.

So, guys Ive got a checkpoint at the templar oracles spot in hard. Looking for help a bit later this morning after the lady and I get back from breakfast. Im a level 30 warlock and would like to at least take out the templar for a chance at Fatebringer. If anyone can help or wants to start Hard raid at that point, add Greenymac on psn...
let me know when you're back on. I sent you a fr.

Agent

Seeing people get exotics weapons from strikes and crucible makes me jelly. I've never seen an exotic drop for anyone in a strike. I've done 110 of them, mostly Tiger playlist. I've only ever seen one exotic in crucible. I got Truth about a week into the game and haven't seen anything since then. I'm 150 hours in at this point so it's not like I haven't had plenty of chances.

Marvel

could never
Give me an add Marvel...I plan on doing a little of both most of the day and maybe a bit of Hard Raid.

Sure thing, if I can't add you first my psn is Assassio. Feel free to do that and I'll come online as soon as I am able ^_^

Though raiding is not on my agenda today.

Special C

Tiger Strikes are way too boring and easy. They should take away respawning after 30 seconds anywhere in any darkness zone. I understand they want to be accesible but it is literally impossible to wipe with the 30 second respawn and you are never at any risk of losing.

Marvel

could never
Man this week has been amazing for me!

Got Hardlight from the nightfall, The Last Word, Gjallahorn and Atheon's Epilogue from the Raid.

ifJnT8FQDQ94Y.gif

Steroyd

I fugured it out, if I point Super Good Advice at enemies feet, I can probably get more headshots.

What do you people think they could offer in a level 26 and 28 strike playlist besides more rep and marks?

Higher chance of legendary drops? Or maybe just the rep and marks. Probably won't ever get guaranteed legendaries unless they make it a once a week thing.

At that point, they might as well switch the nightfall or weekly strike to a daily event, higher rep is definately needed when I can go to a patrol and get as much rep from a kill target mission, than doing a whole strike.

chewydogg

Got my avi all spookay for Halloween, I hope Bungie can make changes to the Tower for such times? pumpkin lanterns and ghastly alterations to npc's would be nice.

Christmas also, I want to see a giant tree there that I may jump into.

This. This a hundred times. Bungie if you are reading this, give the Tower some personality. Give us some Halloween shaders, a pumpkin skin for our ghosts, some kind of jackolantern helmet we can wear. Hell, turn Sepkis Prime into a giant jackolantern. More fun stuff please.

TTG

Anyone have some info on what effect the full auto perk has on rate of fire? Because my extremely slow witted raid shotgun now feels faster, if I remember to hold the button down that is.

Look, ma:
5ba53064_7827.jpeg

No cheese. Seriously, Bungie should give these guys a serious recognition because this video is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I tried with a full team of 29s for over an hour and we couldn't defend all three confluxes.

..and what did those guys get for their efforts? Shards...

I had watched their previous video of 2 manning the normal raid and that was impressive on its own, doing the same thing on hard is just fantastic.

Incoming HC's and G'horn nerf.

Greenymac

I think any bounties I complete now I'll be cashing them in with Fatebringer equipped. That gun is going to seriously come in handy.

My perfect Sunday would be to get Fatebringer from hard raid and spend the rest of the day on strikes and pvp and bounties to level it up.

Tovarisc

I wonder when game developers grow some balls and kill head glitching with fire. It's getting so tiresome that I get damage from foot that is firing at me because how retarded "Bullets don't leave your gun" design is.

Corner strafing is way too effective because of it. You can damage enemy before he sees anything more than your leg or arm, it's so fucking stupid.

It's easy, but so lazy design to do.

ocean

Banned
My perfect Sunday would be to get Fatebringer from hard raid and spend the rest of the day on strikes and pvp and bounties to level it up.

I'm shuffliing Vex and Suros. Saw an invite from you yesterday man but it was too late to use it when I checked.

I also vote for a Jack-o-Lantern Sepkis. Ghoul wizards. Halloween errthang for us Guardians Bungie, do it.

zoukka

Why can't I win a single bloody control! I capture the most, I kill the most and just cannot win. My teams get stomped every time. What the fuck is happening!

This. This a hundred times. Bungie if you are reading this, give the Tower some personality. Give us some Halloween shaders, a pumpkin skin for our ghosts, some kind of jackolantern helmet we can wear. Hell, turn Sepkis Prime into a giant jackolantern. More fun stuff please.

After the "Haunted" loot cave I can see them try to have a little fun and it looks like they built those kinds of changes into how their servers work, so here's to hoping^^

Special C

Crucible bounties need to be toned down a bit. It takes a couple of hours or less to knock out the vanguard bounties. You can spend 5 hours on crucible bounties because so much is out of your control.

Steroyd

Why can't I win a single bloody control! I capture the most, I kill the most and just cannot win. My teams get stomped every time. What the fuck is happening!

Control at it's base is a team deathmatch, just focus on the 2 nearest points and fuck that one point isolated from everything, and kill to your hearts content.

It's definitely a mode where defence is the best offence.

I hate those bounties, not only does it require a few variables outside of your control, but it comes to a point where it stops being a goal to achieve or a thing that happens over time, and is just taking up a bounty space, Bungie need to either up the bounty limit or seperate the bounty slots between vanguard and crucible (either way, I'm calling for the limit to be raised to 10.)

I agree completely. I'd actually prefer them like Halo Reach, and just have a time limit to complete them, but a limit of 10 would simplify things too.

TTG

Crucible bounties need to be toned down a bit. It takes a couple of hours or less to knock out the vanguard bounties. You can spend 5 hours on crucible bounties because so much is out of your control.

Disagree. I've been knocking out 4-5 of these in 2 hours or less, mostly because they are so congruent. Like tonight: In The Zone(control points), Light The Way(super), Never See you Coming(10 from behind) and Revengeance(5 post mortem).

First of all we're playing Control, so super kills come in bunches. If you regularly use grenades the post mortem shouldn't take longer either. Never See You Coming depends on the level of competition, but again, nothing extraordinary is required, especially because super kills count towards that as well. This is a typical night and being that there are a couple of sour apples in the bunch(Enforcer medal is a stinker and I think the salvage specific one has once again been brilliantly chosen despite the mode not being available), but it's not too bad. Most of all, it doesn't ever feel like a grind.

EDIT: I would say In The Zone, Light The Way and Revengeance can be had in 3-4 matches without going on some godly run at all.

well I do get to do 3 hard raids a week. That helps :-D

I can do 2 but still missing a lot of the good raid stuff:

VoC
Hezen Vengeance
Fatebringer
Raid boots
Raid helm

RNG would rather give me multiple raid shotguns and machine guns, gloves and chest pieces.

Will be breaking the disc in half next week if I don't get raid boots.

i have digital version :(

I have...

• Fatebringer
  • Hawkmoon
  • Last Word
  • Thorn

mad?

Jump off the tower will ya?

Prepare to let all your hate flow. Let it out, it's OK.

So today was awesome. Did the Nightfall with my alt today and got another Suros.
Did the weekly and got a legendary engram.
Did a whole bunch of stuff bounties etc. for both characters until I had one bounty left on my main character...kill the Archon Priest in Winter's Run. I didn't wanna do it the "easy" way so I went into Tiger Vanguard...first Strike is Devil's Lair.
This is still my favorite Strike so I play it, plus It's me (level 30) and two other level 30's.

I get this afterwards:

B02e0zqIgAAg89v.jpg:orig

The weird thing was, after we blew Sepiks Prime into pieces and the countdown started to roll I saw golden letters in the corner of my eye...minor heart attack already. It was me!!! wtf? thank you RNGesus oh lawddd etc.

At the Reward screen it showed me a rare sniper rifle and a blue engram...this can't be right? Hmm maybe the order got mixed up...POST post reward screen...5 items. None of them actually Patience and Time...BUNGIE JUST FUCKED ME.

Oh nvm it's in lost items....bruhhhhh.

I actually don't even know why I'm writing this long ass "story" about it lol.

ANYWAYS, two Strikes later I get this:

B02o-PcIgAE-hq5.jpg:orig

The best part? Those are both guns I really, REALLY wanted...still shocked.

I'm out peace.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

Exotics from Tiger strikes? I didn't think that was possible?
I swear, it seems like some accounts, based on whatever combination of reasons, seem to have a higher propensity of legendary drops/rolls (more of a general statement).

Special C

Disagree. I've been knocking out 4-5 of these in 2 hours or less, mostly because they are so congruent. Like tonight: In The Zone(control points), Light The Way(super), Never See you Coming(10 from behind) and Revengeance(5 post mortem).

First of all we're playing Control, so super kills come in bunches. If you regularly use grenades the post mortem shouldn't take longer either. Never See You Coming depends on the level of competition, but again, nothing extraordinary is required, especially because super kills count towards that as well. This is a typical night and being that there are a couple of sour apples in the bunch(Enforcer medal is a stinker and I think the salvage specific one has once again been brilliantly chosen despite the mode not being available), but it's not too bad. Most of all, it doesn't ever feel like a grind.

That's a fair assessment. Maybe I'm biased because I don't enjoy crucible compared to other PvP games I own, or maybe I'm just not that good at it.

Exotics from Tiger strikes? I didn't think that was possible?
I swear, it seems like some accounts, based on whatever combination of reasons, seem to have a higher propensity of legendary drops/rolls (more of a general statement).

This is a dangerous rabbit hole you're going down. This comes up with every lot game in existence lol

RNGesus loves and despises us equally

Special C

I was following some guy farming Relic Iron on Mars, and he pulled an Exotic from a chest. I don't remember what it was but I saw the yellow letters. I wish I would have recorded it. I didn't think that was possible as I've never even seen a legendary from a normal chest.

MrMuscle

I was following some guy farming Relic Iron on Mars, and he pulled an Exotic from a chest. I don't remember what it was but I saw the yellow letters. I wish I would have recorded it. I didn't think that was possible as I've never even seen a legendary from a normal chest.

It might have been The Voice In the Wilderness exotic bounty. When you do the first part you get "A mournful gun" from a chest on Mars and thats an exotic.

Sorral

Look at damage numbers.

You do less damage / bullet with explosive rounds than without.

Also "Field Scout" adds 1 bullet to mag, but almost 100% more to reserve.

He may have meant precision kills make enemies explode, which doesn't do any less damage. Volatile rounds do less precision damage though, this is true.

Always fun seeing people explode in Crucible. I like HCs in there more than I thought I would now.

Edit: and I just realized your username is the same from PvP yesterday. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom