• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you're just getting sick of it altogether and looking for something to pin it on? :p I know you've played a whole lot

the things i listed are parts of the game i've always disliked, but now that everything else is either pending a fix or beyond hope, they've moved up the list of "this is pissing me off right now".

Tovarisc

If only RNGesus would give me the gauntlets and boots. I'm likely to have the platinum before that happens. You know your drop rates are fucked up when people can get the plat before hitting level 30.

I have been level 30 for long time. Equipping raid chest just drops my level to that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
there should be seminars on how to prevent games from pissing you off! i feel like this is an affliction that harms far too many gamers on a daily basis.

todd360

there should be seminars on how to prevent games from pissing you off! i feel like this is an affliction that harms far too many gamers on a daily basis.

Haha. I think zoba is just lagging out 24/7 and it's messing the controls up. I think Destiny handles really well.

Sullichin

Ran Tiger strikes for hours last night before Xur left in an attempt to get the one strange coin I need for the Super Good Advice Bounty. Nothing. Game isn't usually that stingy handing out coins from engrams. Oh well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha. I think zoba is just lagging out 24/7 and it's messing the controls up. I think Destiny handles really well.
haha oh man, zoba's way on the safe end, I'm just talking in general. i play a lot of games that people get pissed at and destiny is definitely a contender for the heavyweight champion in that arena.

i think the most pissed i've been at a game was at my friend's house with my buddy who was always cleaning up with oddjob in goldeneye... >_<

i also came reasonably close to breaking a controller after 5 close losses with kirby in smash on 64... goddamn hammers

I was a kid though! :-[

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do we have a new name picked out yet?
in honor of her guardian lord status the choice went to her:

Destiny |OT7| Being flawless is really stressful.

a sentiment anyone aiming for the raid-without-dying achievement at the moment can certainly relate to I'm sure. I don't think I have the stomach for it :X I fall off cliffs sometimes.

Tovarisc

Legendary engram for boots turned into warlock ones when I decrypted it with my hunter.

RNGeesus hates me today :(

Hard mode Athlon checkpoint solo with my warlock?

All I get were shards and the fucking raid ship. Fuck Bungie

I secretly hope that all Atheon cheese would give something like that as only reward, each time.

So if you find an Exotic during a mission or a strike or whatever (as in "PlayerX has found X Weapon" in yellow writing in the bottom left corner of the screen) you have to finish that mission in order to be awarded with that gear?
Because yesterday I "found" an exotic hand cannon during a strike I did with a friend, but even after 10+ tries and 2h later we couldn't manage to beat the final boss, leading to me not receiving the weapon I found.

No, if you found something you should have it. Do you have the Thorn exotic bounty? Sometimes that'll pop something on screen when you're at certain parts of the bounty.

Does anyone know when the gunsmith sells rare fusion rifles? Or whats the best way to get them? Im still stuck in the Pocket Infinity bounty :'(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Raid pros, assuming you don't have Vision of Confluence or Fatebringer at your disposal, what would your weapon load out for the Raid look like? I wanna know what you pros are using for each segment. Same load out for the entire thing? Or do you change between segments?

Share the knowledge!

My loadout is the same for the entire run - VoC, void Light/Beware, and Truth. I sometimes sub in a Praedyth because it's awesome and is the only weapon I've taken to 300 multiple times.

If I didn't have a VoC, I'd just use any AR as my primary, maybe even that terrible AE. I'd want to keep Truth in my lineup, as having good, maxed rockets is far more important to your success than a particular weapon.

commish

in honor of her guardian lord status the choice went to her:

Destiny |OT7| Being flawless is really stressful.

a sentiment anyone aiming for the raid-without-dying achievement at the moment can certainly relate to I'm sure. I don't think I have the stomach for it :X I fall off cliffs sometimes.

So, something that is relevant to about 10 people, GAF-wide? Alright.

I might actually miss Dax :p

Got the mythoclast from atheon at the end of the hard raid yesterday. Not sure how I feel about it. Sounds awesome and looks awesome. Is this the gun that's getting the PvE buff potentially?

E92 M3

I hope Bungie buffs the Mythoclast soon because freaking Call of Duty is tempting me. It's been so long since I purchased a COD game and AW is looking good. The Mythoclast being buffed will bring back a lot of life to the game.

personally don't think any of the destiny OTs have had a good title (except maybe this one). seems like they're supposed to be broad, witty and shouldn't reference something obscure or overly specific. the smash bros OT "Little Mac and Cheese" was brilliant, and although i haven't played the game much I instantly knew what it meant.

commish

I hope Bungie buffs the Mythoclast soon because freaking Call of Duty is tempting me. It's been so long since I purchased a COD game and AW is looking good. The Mythoclast being buffed will bring back a lot of life to the game.

Just what are you expecting from this buff?!

personally don't think any of the destiny OTs have had a good title (except maybe this one). seems like they're supposed to be broad, witty and shouldn't reference something obscure or overly specific. the smash bros OT "Little Mac and Cheese" was brilliant, and although i haven't played the game much I instantly knew what it meant.

I tend to agree. Most have obscure, personal references that most people don't get. Whine & Cheese is definitely the best.

Lulu23

No, if you found something you should have it. Do you have the Thorn exotic bounty? Sometimes that'll pop something on screen when you're at certain parts of the bounty.

Have not gotten an exotic bounty yet.

It just said "Lu_Vit has found Exotic Hand Cannon" (don't know it's exact name) in yellow writing, but it didn't appear in my character screen or anywhere. I thought that was because I didn't finish the strike, so I also didn't get to the results screen that shows your rewards in those two spinning boxes next to your name.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i still can't believe we haven't used "no time to explain," the rate we've been cranking these out

shem935

Banned
The pve bounties were super easy today. Fished all of them in 30 minutes. They should really have a second tier of harder bounties that require more effort but give better rewards.

commish

The pve bounties were super easy today. Fished all of them in 30 minutes. They should really have a second tier of harder bounties that require more effort but give better rewards.

Pls no. I have 3 characters. I will feel the compulsion to do all the bounties with all 3. Those queens bounties drove me crazy.

X-Frame

Pls no. I have 3 characters. I will feel the compulsion to do all the bounties with all 3. Those queens bounties drove me crazy.

Haha, same here.

During the week though, after work, I mostly ignore Vanguard bounties now. It was becoming more work and less play, and I wasn't having as much fun with Destiny because I had to complete a daily checklist.

Now I just do whatever I want on the weekdays, and weekends I take advantage of having more time.

todd360

Imma eat lunch then get on to play some more. I'm determined to be destinygaf's second guardian lord so I got to play a lot. I wish leveling up skill trees was a bit faster.

Edit: Then again I have to work 10 hours shifts next week so I'm sure someone else will probably beat me.

GhaleonEB

Agree. We're on a cold streak 8 titles long. (Soon to be 9, sorry Hawkian!).

I suppose there's something to be said for consistency.

Jito

Banned
Playing Venus Winter strikes (whatever it's called) level 20 strike playlist, both players are hiding in two different cheese spots. One of them is level 25 and can easily do it! This is pretty fucking sad.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Haha, same here.

During the week though, after work, I mostly ignore Vanguard bounties now. It was becoming more work and less play, and I wasn't having as much fun with Destiny because I had to complete a daily checklist.

Now I just do whatever I want on the weekdays, and weekends I take advantage of having more time.

That's how I'm starting to feel. I get on and run through my "checklist" and then do it again on my second Titan. It feels like I'm doing work. Once I finish leveling a few other weapons I'll probably stop doing bounty missions for a while and just stick with my daily public and story mission runs. Since I got my Titan to 30, now would be a good time to work on my lvl 9 Warlock I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Agree. We're on a cold streak 8 titles long. (Soon to be 9, sorry Hawkian!).

I suppose there's something to be said for consistency.
if I am to take the blame for this one then so be it. because I can take it. because I'm not your hero. i'm a silent guardian.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Haha, same here.

Having 3 characters is stretching my time thin
Only horrible mode is Crucible, even if I pump materials through the QM it's still ridiculous to hit the weekly 100 cap
All 3 chars have weird numbers, be it from missing a few days of not playing to, capping the overall cap and losing out on marks (learned my lesson early, nut still lost like 21 Vanguard Marks >_<)

EL CUCO

I got some time to run the Hard Raid from start to finish at around 5pm EDT, in case anybody needs one 29 hunk of a Warlock.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will
tumblr_lxi51zmQve1qa7gyjo4_250.gif

todd360

if I am to take the blame for this one then so be it. because I can take it. because I'm not your hero. i'm a silent guardian.

I still think its great. If bungie looks at the thread they will see that people are attempting their hardest trophy and winning. GG Bungie. Try harder with the next raid. We tore the vault of glass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom