• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

That's a fair assessment. Maybe I'm biased because I don't enjoy crucible compared to other PvP games I own, or maybe I'm just not that good at it.

I'm the opposite, have to be really bored to load up pve. I still do the dailes and weekly/nightfall strikes, but only the one time(no alt characters). If there was a playlist from the best Halo levels, or sections of levels even, I would be replaying that all day with glee. Sadly, we got Destiny instead.

AngerdX

Look at damage numbers.

You do less damage / bullet with explosive rounds than without.

Also "Field Scout" adds 1 bullet to mag, but almost 100% more to reserve.

I know but i´m referencing the Firefly perk enemies explode on precision kill, clears out groups quick heh

Edit: And late but what Sorral said.

zoukka

Anybody wanna let a 27 hunter hang around in nightfall for my Pocket infinity bounty? I need to just kill nightfall enemies with a fusion rifle.

Zoukka_FIN ps4

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Rank 4 Vanguard Rewards
MKoMsQF.jpg

Trojan

Jesus OT9 is almost upon us. Posting my thread title idea again for consideration:

Destiny |OT9| Try To Catch Me Raidin' Dirty

Really wish bungie would implement some sort of trading system. I'm sure someone would trade me a gjallarhorn for a fatebringer or vex :-/. Need that rocket launcher.

Is that even on the table? I know they take suggestions from fans.

zoukka

Really wish bungie would implement some sort of trading system. I'm sure someone would trade me a gjallarhorn for a fatebringer or vex :-/. Need that rocket launcher.

Trading will never happen. This way its so much easier to control player progression and monetize the DLC.

Sorral

I think two people in our group got double Hawkmoons when no one else has one still. Several got a repeat of VoC while I just got my first. They should definitely add a way to trade. At least within that same raid run/win.

I think two people in our group got double Hawkmoons when no one else has one still. Several got a repeat of VoC while I just got my first. They should definitely add a way to trade. At least within that same raid run/win.

They will never allow trading. Players can just 'lend' their gear to friends while they're off playing other games. Should have a gifting system like Diablo 3 UE instead where you can find legendary engrams for your friends.

As for raid gear, they should implement a token system similar of WoW, and have a dedicated NPC in the tower who will exchange tokens for the gear of your choice.

Beating 4 boss fights on hard raid and getting ass mats from each one of them is just plain bullshit.

They will never allow trading. Players can just 'lend' their gear to friends while they're off playing other games. Should have a gifting system like Diablo 3 UE instead where you can find legendary engrams for your friends.

As for raid gear, they should implement a token system similar of WoW, and have a dedicated NPC in the tower who will exchange tokens for the gear of your choice.

Beating 4 boss fights on hard raid and getting ass mats from each one of them is just plain bullshit.
All good ideas. At the very least ass materials should only bd in thode 3 chests and all boss drops should be good.

I believe Deej said they were looking into it. My vote? You can only trade "like" iteams; Exotic weapons must be traded for another exotic weapon, Legendary Armor only with other legendary armor, Ass energy for ass shards, and so on.

Greenymac

So...all you Gaffers who need Fatebringer. I have a hard mode Checkpoint at the confluxes before the templar and oracles. If we at least finish the templar SOMEBODY out of 6 has to get lucky. Whos with me? Im out at IHOP getting fueled up but will be home soon.

Tovarisc

I should touch you, for luck.

You can always touch me Marvel ;)

I just wanted to see what I actually have from "top tier" so list here;

Hand Cannons
Fatebringer
Hawkmoon
Last Word
Timur's Lash
Thorn, post-patch maybe

AR's
Suros Regime
Shadow Price

Pulse Rifle
Bad Juju post-patch, maybe

Fusion Rifle
2x Mythoclast
Pocket Infinity
Plan C
77 Wizard

Sniper Rifle
Ice Breaker
Praedyth's Revenge

Shotguns
Invective
Found Verdict

LMG's
Corrective Measure
Jolder's Hammer [in PvP so gud]

Rocket Launcher
Gjallahorn
Truth

Cømet

Banned
So we finished hard mode last night....all I got was the ship (woo....), chatterwhite for the upteenth time, and the bloody greaves for the fifth/sixth time. Fuggin WHY.

A mate got the ship, raid helmet AND mythoclast :(

So fuggit, my mission today is to find a HM Atheon checkpoint to cheese on my Warlock. Put in the effort, didn't get the reward. So Bungle can blow me.

I do not see trading ever happening... not with Destiny 1 at least anyway.

I wake up and hop on gaf and the first thing I see is Marvel's avvy is all angry. Must be the damn clocks going back.

So. Is this a good idea? How about populating Destiny environments with NPCs outside of the tower?

Another thing: How about doing soft checkpoints in areas where you do a lot of speeder bike travel? The game times you from set a to b points and makes a mini game with weekly refreshing leaderboards. Kind of like in Turboraketti, for those who remember that game.

That could also be done with indoor/outdoor environments parkour style.

*Splinter

What is the minimum level requirement to enter nightfall? My alt titan is only 24.

For everyone asking for trading: you do understand that if trading was implemented everything would be much, MUCH rarer right? Games with trade systems basically force you to trade for everything you want, and the best items can take weeks of grinding to earn enough to trade for.

I feel like everyone who is asking for trading and raid tokens is thinking "if Bungie just implemented these, I'd be level 30 with maxed Hawkmoon, Ice Breaker, Gjallahorn by the end of the week!". It doesn't work like that, player progression will have a certain 'intended' pace and whatever system they use will be built to that pace. You'll still have to play for weeks to get the items you want, you'll just have much less variety in your inventory when you get there.

Source: Every game ever made

Marvel

could never
Cømet;135951142 said:
I wake up and hop on gaf and the first thing I see is Marvel's avvy is all angry. Must be the damn clocks going back.

That and it's nearly Halloween!

I am rather tired though, damn this Earth's orbit

gdt

Anyone wanna real quick help the the daily 28? At the last boss, keep getting him down to a sliver then stealth vandals light switch my ass. Ps4 gdt5016

forrest

formerly nacire
Does completing steps in exotic weapon bounties reward xp? Just got the bounty for Thorn again and with all of the weapons I need to upgrade, I'll repeat the process if there is xp involved. Oddly I've done 4/5 of the exotic bounty chains and can't remember if I received xp or not.

patchday

Did the normal raid with my Titan last night. Only had the goal to get some ass mats. Ended up getting a raid piece (chest) for him which is coo (that was his 1st raid). Might try to take him to L30 one day

My Hunter has 2 raid pieces. All he needs is the gauntlets. Did Bungie confirm Iron Banner will once again have a chest and gauntlets? I am thinking I'll just get the gaunlets from Iron Banner

Anyone wanna real quick help the the daily 28? At the last boss, keep getting him down to a sliver then stealth vandals light switch my ass. Ps4 gdt5016

When you enter the boss area, go back a few steps till you're back through the door, that way the door doesn't close and you can run if low on health. Whip out ice breaker and own his ass.

Cømet

Banned
That and it's nearly Halloween!

I am rather tired though, damn this Earth's orbit

I miss the days where Halloween meant getting rather drunk in fancy dress, heading home and eating sweets til either they or the hangover made us throw up.

It's a Friday this year at least, so I'll get to do two thirds of that stuff :3 And I just got paid! So I'll do it whilst playing The Last of Us at long last.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does completing steps in exotic weapon bounties reward xp? Just got the bounty for Thorn again and with all of the weapons I need to upgrade, I'll repeat the process if there is xp involved. Oddly I've done 4/5 of the exotic bounty chains and can't remember if I received xp or not.
honestly. no idea. great question if anyone has the presence of mind to test it when turning in exotic bounty steps.

Nope, I kept an eye out when I was doing the Bad Juju bounty and I didn't get any exp turning in whenever a step would be complete or when finishing it altogether.

JB1981

Hoping you guys can answer this for me. I am thinking of buying Destiny on PS3 and wanted to clear up something. I already own the game on PS4. Is it true that all of my progress on PS4 is transferable to PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom