• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

wig21

Looking for four guardians to help run the raid at 8 EST any takers? Add me PSN wig21 I am a level 28 titan and my buddy is a 28 hunter

MADGAME

I need to decide what to discard and what to keep and I just can't... I also have another 10 weapons between purples/exotics on my characters =(

We really do need more space in our vaults. Might be a while since Bungie is prioritizing way more important stuff like patching out fun.

Ramirez

Quick question for anyone here: How many of you have multiple of the same class or are planning to level the same class again?

I'm really tempted to just to have a shot at getting best type of gear for my main. It seems really lame but also incredibly effective.

I have one of every class, and they're all 29. It's such a nice change of pace to play the different classes whenever I want, I can't imagine leveling 2-3 of the same class.

Is anyone doing raid soon? I need to do Atheon because I had to leave my group last time. I have the checkpoint and I would really appreciate anyone who can help me out or let me join their raid group.

wig21

Is anyone doing raid soon? I need to do Atheon because I had to leave my group last time. I have the checkpoint and I would really appreciate anyone who can help me out or let me join their raid group.

My friend and I are looking to PSN wig21

Quick question for anyone here: How many of you have multiple of the same class or are planning to level the same class again?

I'm really tempted to just to have a shot at getting best type of gear for my main. It seems really lame but also incredibly effective.

I made a second Hunter this past weekend. It went quick and was pretty painless since I just used my Vita to level up and watched football on Saturday and Sunday like a normally do. It's nice being able to do the Raid and Weeklies twice a week now. Might as well do it now before they patch it out or something. Soon as I get what I need for my Hunter I'll probably delete my alt and start on a new class.

Swag

I thought about doing this, but decided against it, after a few raids I got everything that I wanted, and being able to play all the classes was worth it for me more then having double the chance at RNGesus blessing me.

Sergoes

I have one of every class, and they're all 29. It's such a nice change of pace to play the different classes whenever I want, I can't imagine leveling 2-3 of the same class.

Yea I have 29's of each also, but man, it really does feel a little bad to not get any gear on what you might want to consider your main character. Poor guy has only gotten shards, energy, and exotics (which is nice, but after a few you find the ones you want to stick with mostly.)

My friend and I are looking to PSN wig21

What time are you all doing the raid?

I currently have 2 Hunters, first week where my alt hit 20 (28 by sharing armor). I got some good strange coins, did the raid once on my alt (got crappy stuff that I already had) and for nightfall I got sunbreaker (lame). It is nice being able to roll the dice with RNG multiple times. I am debating doing a third tonight and having it done probably by Saturday night or Sunday. That will mean 3 hunters to raid and get strange coins for. I doubt I would want a regular alt regardless. But if I do decide so I can also stock up on exotics of other classes.

Cømet

Banned
I can't believe they're genuinely treating being able to organise your team for Atheon as a bug. Seriously?

All the ACTUAL problems with the raid, the loot/reward system, matchmaking, weapons balance, network code, and they're going to break something that nobody else thought was a problem at all first. Before anything else to do with the raid. That's what they want to fix.

Maybe we've got the wrong end of the stick with Destiny you guys. Maybe it actually was meant to be a steaming pile and anything good we've gotten from it up to now was by accident?
I'm starting to consider trading this in. If trade-in value was still around £35 I would have, and bought The last of Us or something else instead. I love the game for the most part, but everything they say, do and ignore is flashing like a warning sign in my mind that things are going to get worse and I'm gonna end up stuck with CoD Ghosts v2.

LiveWire

Looking for four guardians to help run the raid at 8 EST any takers? Add me PSN wig21 I am a level 28 titan and my buddy is a 28 hunter

I'm on Pacific Time and won't be home from work until about 8:30 or so your time but if you guys can wait or are still looking for more at that point I can join. 28 Warlock PSN Atreides815

patchday

Bungie's poor game design tho encourages raiders to make alts of the same class unfortunately. It's super dumb the players get locked out of the raids. Like you, I'm not a huge achiever (more explorer/killer) so I enjoy making alts & hitting up Crucible. They messed up raiding too bad for me too feel encouraged to grind that out daily

Ramirez

Yea I have 29's of each also, but man, it really does feel a little bad to not get any gear on what you might want to consider your main character. Poor guy has only gotten shards, energy, and exotics (which is nice, but after a few you find the ones you want to stick with mostly.)

My Hunter, who has 100+ hours is probably my worst geared character, lol. The other two might have 35 hours a piece on them and they're basically decked out.

Bungie's poor game design tho encourages raiders to make alts of the same class unfortunately. It's super dumb the players get locked out of the raids. Like you, I'm not a huge achiever (more explorer/killer) so I enjoy making alts & hitting up Crucible. They messed up raiding too bad for me too feel encouraged to grind that out daily

Can't say I agree, locking you out of raid loot is sensible for longevity. What would people do if they could run the raid all day, every day and get all of the loot they need in a week? Subsequent runs could drop engrams, but I think the actual raid loot should be kept to once a week. They could also introduce raid factions that have vendors that sell items for tokens acquired in multiple raid runs.

I used to have three Titans but since one was level 30 and the other two were at least 25 (varies depending on their gear), I've deleted one of the alts and made a Warlock. That class is much more fun to use and it's more useful during Hard mode raids.

I've been doing everything Datto is doing (he started with a Defender Titan, like me), even though that wasn't my intention.

Sergoes

I made a second Hunter this past weekend. It went quick and was pretty painless since I just used my Vita to level up and watched football on Saturday and Sunday like a normally do. It's nice being able to do the Raid and Weeklies twice a week now. Might as well do it now before they patch it out or something.

Yea, luckily they made leveling relatively easy. After your first character you generally know what the best way to go about it is (bounties.) I can't imagine them patching out the ability to raid multiple times on the same character. The only thing I could see is gear becoming soulbound to a character after it dropping, but that would be such a dramatic change that it's *very* unlikely.

I thought about doing this, but decided against it, after a few raids I got everything that I wanted, and being able to play all the classes was worth it for me more then having double the chance at RNGesus blessing me.

Ah I'm jealous RNGesus has favored you, but you're absolutely right that's it's nice to have the variety of playing each class. Once you try them all, you really do see that they have pretty distinct playstyles. I definitely appreciate Destiny more for having tried them all.

blackflag

get it ready because i hope they nerf thunderlord to hell and back. thing is broke as fuck in pvp.

You mad brah?
1Yx3b58l.jpg

Almost all of that was Thunderlord. So glorious.

was more enjoyable for me to level up another hunter than a warlock or titan. don't see myself having either because i don't like playing as them.

ZangBa

I need to decide what to discard and what to keep and I just can't... I also have another 10 weapons between purples/exotics on my characters =(

Gonna need more info than an image of weapons, tho. Time to start dismantling duplicate solar/arc/void weapons first.

patchday

huh, maybe I'm not clear how the raid lockouts work. I take it that you can raid daily if you wish and you have a shot at getting raid gear from chests? What does Bungie lock raiders out of officially?

Deku Tree

Don't worry Bungie is going to patch that too. Only one raid per class per week per account. Sorry!
Joking sort of...

Ramirez

huh, maybe I'm not clear how the raid lockouts work. I take it that you can raid daily if you wish and you have a shot at getting raid gear from chests? What does Bungie lock raiders out of officially?

You only get the chests/boss loot once per week on each of your characters.

My main lock hasn't gotten a piece of raid gear in 3 weeks. He will forever be stuck at 29.

Didn't make another lock, but it's tempting, especially before ath cheese is fixed

Sergoes

My Hunter, who has 100+ hours is probably my worst geared character, lol. The other two might have 35 hours a piece on them and they're basically decked out.

The same thing happened with my Titan. First raid I do, he basically gets every possible gear slot, plus Atheon's epilogue. Second week, he's fully decked out except boots. Yet I don't really see him as my main guy that I want to bring to raids.

I used to have three Titans but since one was level 30 and the other two were at least 25 (varies depending on their gear), I've deleted one of the alts and made a Warlock. That class is much more fun to use and it's more useful during Hard mode raids.

I've been doing everything Datto is doing (he started with a Defender Titan, like me), even though that wasn't my intention.

Yea I've gone pretty much the opposite way where I originally went fully hunter, leveled a Lock/Titan, and am now thinking of going full Warlock out of their usefulness in hard. It's hard to deny the impact self rez can have.

Don't worry Bungie is going to patch that too. Only one raid per class per week per account. Sorry!
Joking sort of...

Hah! They can't do that.
Right...? D:

Swag

Locks you out of getting drops from multiple VoG runs

Seragos said:
Ah I'm jealous RNGesus has favored you, but you're absolutely right that's it's nice to have the variety of playing each class. Once you try them all, you really do see that they have pretty distinct playstyles. I definitely appreciate Destiny more for having tried them all.
I have a friend that did make two Titans and he was very upset when my Titan beat his to 30.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Sounds boring as hell. I do think leveling an alt is a better use of my Destiny time going forward at this point. I'm tired of worrying about whether I can squeeze a Raid in every week just to hope RNGesus finally smiles upon me with the right gear.

Trakan

Bahaha, Bungie is saying that the players in back teleporting is a "bug?" I don't believe that for a second. They treat their fans like such shit, lying to them all the time. First the moon missions were changed because "they were too hard," the mythoclast %,and now this.

Not to mention they completely ignore the more pertinent questions in the weekly updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom