• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Templar cheese strat is so hilarious. It cracks me up that Bungie nerfed one strat and ended up with a new one that is way stupider, easier, and guarantees the "5th chest" to spawn with ass mats.

FYI: Everyone stays down where the relic spawns and hides underneath the overhang. Warlocks use Solar grenades and Titans use Pulse grenades (not sure if Hunters can do anything). Templar will spawn in the center and just throw grenades up at him which will push him straight backwards off the edge of the map, i.e. push him past where the middle conflux spawns.

Use the relic to cleanse, don't ever take his shield down, and you will get the 5th chest guaranteed because he will never teleport. It only has ass mats but still a nice bonus.

DeeJ's excuse is that it would take a lot of code, though

True but I haven't seen too many companies take fan creations and employ them without either hiring them or having some kind of system set up to accept player creations that includes a legal waiver of some type. I'm no lawyer though so grain of sand and all that.

The new Templar cheese strat is so hilarious. It cracks me up that Bungie nerfed one strat and ended up with a new one that is way stupider, easier, and guarantees the "5th chest" to spawn with ass mats.

FYI: Everyone stays down where the relic spawns and hides underneath the overhang. Warlocks use Solar grenades and Titans use Pulse grenades (not sure if Hunters can do anything). Templar will spawn in the center and just throw grenades up at him which will push him straight backwards off the edge of the map, i.e. push him past where the middle conflux spawns.

Use the relic to cleanse, don't ever take his shield down, and you will get the 5th chest guaranteed because he will never teleport. It only has ass mats but still a nice bonus.

Holy shit, I must try that! Thanks.

Heel

The Internet suggests good ideas and DeeJ can't even guarantee that any of it will make it to the final game :( Judging from the frequency and size of their updates, it's like there are only two engineers/programmers at Bungie.

Xsa3kwz.jpg

Wow, just saw the actual link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...decided_to_create_a_ui_concept_based_on_this/

Some great ideas here.

colinp

Banned
The Internet suggests good ideas and DeeJ can't even guarantee that any of it will make it to the final game :( Judging from the frequency and size of their updates, it's like there are only two engineers/programmers at Bungie.

Xsa3kwz.jpg

Clearly you are well versed on software development and are realistically aware of the time frame that these sorts of things can be implemented and you have an insider look into development at Bungie.

This is what I find so funny. Bungie keeps patching out cheese and in less than 24 hours more cheese is found. I wish they'd just focus on more important things. There are legitimate glitches in VoG that would be nice to see gone.

grimoire in-game is likely something that's been in the pot for a while now. their acknowledgement of it seems telling enough.

i imagine most community suggestions will be in the game within a year from now. is just a matter of whether the content and weekly updates will keep people around for long enough.

Alucrid

Banned

Oh..wow..this is way easier than the way we did it earlier this week.

Zoidberg

This is what I find so funny. Bungie keeps patching out cheese and in less than 24 hours more cheese is found. I wish they'd just focus on more important things. There are legitimate glitches in VoG that would be nice to see gone.

I thought that was kinda the idea with VoG, give us no information and let people work it out on their own. Then when people work out ways of clearing a boss they say "oh not that way, hotfix", so people come up with a new way and it's rinse repeat. They have consistently focused on fixing things that really should be alot further down their priority list.

They really underestimated how much people prefer the path of least resistance. Put your boss on a floating platform, you need to expect someone will find a way to make it fall off.

so atheon 2.0. oh boy

gatti-man

sounds like someone who activates golden gun in front of 5 enemies and complains that it needs a buff.

shield isn't for sitting inside. it's for blocking areas of the map, negating weapon fire, buffing your team and it basically makes you a 1v1 god. used correctly it borderline breaks the game.

have you ran into a team doing extra damage while blocking most entries to a chokepoint?

underpowered my ass

Honestly this has never happened to me bc the shield is so easiky defeated. ANY OTHER SUPER kills it immediately and most kill the people inside too.

HighOnPCP

So I heard alot of people want The Last Word? I have it....I have it twice.
Got my first one from Raid on normal and this just happened like an hour ago while playing Tiger Vanguard

B0HJvnpIAAAT3jA.jpg:orig

Also I got the Raid helmet today...only missing one more piece for level 30!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Still looking for a Normal Raid to join, or a Warlock to help me (cheese) Atheon on Hard (I have a checkpoint). PSN: OldKingKratos

Honestly this has never happened to me bc the shield is so easiky defeated. ANY OTHER SUPER kills it immediately and most kill the people inside too.

well, here's another anecdote that illustrates my problem with it:

1v1 with a titan. i prenade him and line up the fatal shot with a sniper. completely skillful play. he drops the shield instantly and apparently i'm outplayed now because i don't have my super up. so i have to turn my back and run away, which lets him kill me, wait till he pops out and snipe through his overshields before he can pop back in, or wait till the shield runs out. none of that would be a problem if it took more than a split second to deploy the shield. if any other super was subbed in and caused the same outcome, chances are i'd have a problem with it too. at least from that distance i can kill a blade dancer, snipe a gunslinger, avoid fist of havok or novabomb, and throw a few shots into a sunsinger.

this was in rumble if it matters

I thought that was kinda the idea with VoG, give us no information and let people work it out on their own. Then when people work out ways of clearing a boss they say "oh not that way, hotfix", so people come up with a new way and it's rinse repeat. They have consistently focused on fixing things that really should be alot further down their priority list.

Yep, both of you hit the nail on the head. They clearly didn't think the encounters through enough/didn't playtest enough and it almost seems like a point of pride that they want to go back and correct. It's a shame too, because the raid can be so thrilling when it's played straight with a strong team.

Just finished my first full raid, thanks Deku Tree and others with putting up with my noobness! I watched youtube vids beforehand but actually doing it was intense and fun.

RNGs gods were good to me I couldn't believe my haul! Up to this point had really bad luck with drops.

- Atheon Epilogue
- Plan C
- Glass Minute Ship
- Titan raid gloves
- Couple ass shards and energy

Was too excited to take decent pic:

yiYe4aw.jpg

Thanks so much guys, gotta run this again :D

hydruxo

Yeah we just did that tonight too. Took maybe 8 or 9 min.

Just finished my first full raid, thanks Deku Tree and others with putting up with my noobness! I watched youtube vids beforehand but actually doing it was intense and fun.

RNGs gods were good to me I couldn't believe my haul! Up to this point had really bad luck with drops.

- Atheon Epilogue
- Plan C
- Glass Minute Ship
- Titan raid gloves
- Couple ass shards and energy

Was too excited to take decent pic:

yiYe4aw.jpg

Thanks so much guys, gotta run this again :D

Sadly the RNG Gods continue to F%^& ME OVER! I went on this very same raid and again received no exotic reward.

I am truly starting to revile this game. I have been playing this game since it came out with two characters have played through tons of strikes, missions etc. I have done the Nightfall and Raid multiple times with multiple characters.

What do I have to show for it? SQUAT! WTF!!?!?!? I still have not gotten one Exotic drop. The way this game drops loot is completely BS! I know people who have gotten multiple exotic drops who don't even play as much as me.

Sorry for the rant, but man am I furious. Ragequit mode in full effect here.

OH well ........ congrats to my buddy Bulletsmoke here. Glad to see you were rewarded. I guess I just need to blow this off and wait for my time to come.

::Sigh::

Is The Last Word considered the best pistol? I have Thorn, Hawkmoon and The Last Word. I gave thorn to my lvl 24 hunter and decided to level up the Hawkmoon because a friend was saying it does alot of damage on crits. Haven't really seen people talking about TLW until today O_O.

Deku Tree

Thanks Deku for letting me join Hard mode Atheon.

Got helm and timebreaker. Just need arms for level 30.

Hey glad you got some good stuff!!

I still haven't seen the raid helm. Other than shards, I got mida multi-tool and the raid sparrow and praedyth's revenge and patience and time from raiding today. Can't complain. I think I'm all set with sniper rifles lol. I also got another warlock bond, fragment of the prime. I got that raiding three weeks in a row lol. I'm enjoying the mida scout rifle.

Still need raid boots and chest if I want to make it to level 30. Raid doesn't give me too much armor..

Alucrid

Banned
Is The Last Word considered the best pistol? I have Thorn, Hawkmoon and The Last Word. I gave thorn to my lvl 24 hunter and decided to level up the Hawkmoon because a friend was saying it does alot of damage on crits. Haven't really seen people talking about TLW until today O_O.

It's good for PvP, I wouldn't use it for PvE that much though. Hawkmoon has more range, damage and a much larger clip. I prefer the Hawkmoon overall, but the Last Word is fun to use.

I find it weird that people legit have a problem with defenders. I'm a Titan exclusive for now and while it's definitely helpful in Control or any mode with a low player count, it's pretty much useless everywhere else and even then it's stupid easy to counter.

It literally just takes one other Titan running Striker on your team for a guaranteed end to the shield and it's user. Any Hunter can also take it down with a bit more effort and risk (use most of their GG or run in with Bladedancer) and God knows like 75% of Destiny's userbase is made up of Hunter bros so you definitely have one on your team at any given moment lol.

It sounds more like people dislike the "pause button" aspect of it's use since you can't finish off your opponent and it interrupts the fighting. Any super is like that tho, they pretty much all get some kind of brief overshield moment (except maybe Gunslinger), it's just WOD is the most overt manifestation of it.

realcZk

I still think I prefer thorn over the last word on PvP. In other news I use a defender Titan with helm of saint 14 in PvP and I have no shame. I would use a prepatch vex if I could. The tears are delicious.

I'm going to start Hard Raid at the Atheon checkpoint on PS4 in a few minutes. Dengatron and Alucrid, I sent you guys friend requests. Anyone else is welcome to join, especially if you can cheese Atheon.

PSN: hi-fi_famicom

Don't worry man, your time will come

Sadly the RNG Gods continue to F%^& ME OVER! I went on this very same raid and again received no exotic reward.

I am truly starting to revile this game. I have been playing this game since it came out with two characters have played through tons of strikes, missions etc. I have done the Nightfall and Raid multiple times with multiple characters.

What do I have to show for it? SQUAT! WTF!!?!?!? I still have not gotten one Exotic drop. The way this game drops loot is completely BS! I know people who have gotten multiple exotic drops who don't even play as much as me.

Sorry for the rant, but man am I furious. Ragequit mode in full effect here.

OH well ........ congrats to my buddy Bulletsmoke here. Glad to see you were rewarded. I guess I just need to blow this off and wait for my time to come.

::Sigh::

IDK. It seems decent in PVP, but I think most people cream themselves for it because it has a few exclusive animations that most people think of when they hear "Hand cannon" instead of the mostly boring animations on vanilla HCs.

DjRalford

I joined the end of a friend's nightfall yesterday, and all I got was a legendary engram. Did the game screw me on loot because I joined late?

I went through nightfall and only got an engram, then a bigger kick in the teeth when it turned into 2 ass energy.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm going to start Hard Raid at the Atheon checkpoint on PS4 in a few minutes. Dengatron and Alucrid, I sent you guys friend requests. Anyone else is welcome to join, especially if you can cheese Atheon.

Sorry man, ended up getting into something else. If you still need help later on I'll definitely join, but at the moment you're probably better off finding a replacement.

Level 30 Titan, add me please. I have to finish the hard mode raid from that check point as well

Lv 28 Warlock, if you still need people. Beat legit many times on my main Lv 30 titan, but can also cheese with this guy.

PSN is DrDrizzay101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom