• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrr gnr

all the classes need balancing. what i'd like to see

gunslinger: less aim assist on golden gun
bladedancer: less range on melees
striker: shorter duration on AoE abilities
defender: shorter duration on ward of dawn (at least for pvp)

voidwalker: less tracking on axiom bolt
sunsinger: more visibility on fusion grenade (i swear this shit is invisible)
Lol. The bubble shield may as well be a "kill me" sign. I'll elaborate later, but I think the Titan needs a buff across all gametypes to both classes. Whereas the Hunter could use a PvE buff and a PvP nerf across all classes. Warlocks are fine as is.

perhaps i'll just stay out of class balance discussion. ultimately it comes down to people crying for nerfs of the classes they don't play and anecdotes end up taking the arguments nowhere.

As someone who has played a Defender in PVP and PVE for almost 200 hours now, yes. They don't need to be buffed or nerfed.

see, i've played gunslinger since the alpha and i could also say that class doesn't need changes. but i'm sure someone will have no problem listing why they think it's cheap or OP. have even heard bladedancers wonder why they're being killed so quickly.

Class balances are coming soon, so we'll see what Bungie thinks about what needs to nerfed/buffed. I've seen a lot of people whine about Arc Blade, so I'm sure they'll be looking at that.

gatti-man

Yeah titan defenders are shockingly vulnerable.

so titan defenders are perfect in other words

if the shield's duration isn't shortened then it needs a longer cast time. absolute bullshit that you can drop it as soon as you're getting hit and nobody can do anything unless they also have their super up. brings entire portions of the map to a stand still

This is silly. The defender has zero offensive capabilities. Ive maxed both striker and defender. I play defender in pve and wouldnt even touch it in pvp. They are a weak joke in pvp. When does a team not have a super up currently in pvp? You know what a shield titan means? Avoid and cap other spots or lure him out and kill with fusion rifle/snipe. The bubble shield is a bubble death trap.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone doing normal raid tonight? 28 hunter or 27 Titan. Psn: OldKingKratos.

I also have an Atheon Hard checkpoint if anyone has a desire to cheese him (Warlock who knows what they're doing), hit me up:)

Alucrid

Banned
Lol. The bubble shield may as well be a "kill me" sign. I'll elaborate later, but I think the Titan needs a buff across all gametypes to both classes. Whereas the Hunter could use a PvE buff and a PvP nerf across all classes. Warlocks are fine as is.

I was in a match earlier where every time this titan on the other team put his shield up, a titan on our team just smashed right into it.

rdrr gnr

This is silly. The defender has zero offensive capabilities. Ive maxed both striker and defender. I play defender in pve and wouldnt even touch it in pvp. They are a weak joke in pvp. When does a team not have a super up currently in pvp? You know what a shield titan means? Avoid and cap other spots or lure him out and kill with fusion rifle/snipe. The bubble shield is a bubble death trap.
Yeah. It's utter nonsense.

sounds like someone who activates golden gun in front of 5 enemies and complains that it needs a buff.

shield isn't for sitting inside. it's for blocking areas of the map, negating weapon fire, buffing your team and it basically makes you a 1v1 god. used correctly it borderline breaks the game.

have you ran into a team doing extra damage while blocking most entries to a chokepoint?

underpowered my ass

rdrr gnr

I was in a match earlier where every time this titan on the other team put his shield up, a titan on our team just smashed right into it.
Striker titans beat defenders. Nova Bomb warlocks beat Defenders. Golden Gunners (especially with 4 shots) and Bladedancers both beat the shield. The only two subclasses that don't perfectly neutralize the shield are other Defenders and Radiance warlocks.

Bruiserk

Do any level 29/30's want to do hard mode raid starting at the gatekeeper? We (four of us) need help getting the relics out of the portals before the Praetorians kill us.

PSN: Bruiserk

rdrr gnr

sounds like someone who activates golden gun in front of 5 enemies and complains that it needs a buff.

shield isn't for sitting inside. it's for blocking areas of the map, negating weapon fire, buffing your team and it basically makes you a 1v1 god. used correctly it borderline breaks the game.

have you ran into a team doing extra damage while blocking most entries to a chokepoint?

underpowered my ass
Look at how much nonsense qualification is need in order for the super to be "broken."

Example: ever run into a team of six hunters all using blade dancers on Blind Watch or Gunslinger on Rusted Lands? There is nothing inherent to the super that is broken. Most people don't play with full parties or coordinate to that degree. You'll occasionally see someone pop a bubble on an objective, but the lack of true offensive capabilities don't make up for other shortcomings. The titan melee pops on kills not hits like the warlock. The titan gains no extra damage resistance like a bladedancer or a warlock only a shield which is popped with a few extra shots. Titan grenades are also under powered compared to other classes.

Edit: There is also no true objective play, it's all based on kills, really. So, again. Chances you are just getting rocked by a good team who knows what they are doing. It is absolutely not representative.

Got my second Exotic Weapon bounty. I followed that Gaffer's advice of turning in three or more bounties as fast as you can, and it seemed to work for you. Your mileage may vary, but just letting you know that it worked for me.

two defenders put bubble shields over the doors on blind watch. if you walk through these shields, your whole screen turns white. the other team can pass through it and get overshields or extra damage. and i can....waste my super on an empty shield so that i can walk through doorways again.

let's buff it bungie!

Look at how much nonsense qualification is need in order for the super to be "broken."

Example: ever run into a team of six hunters all using blade dancers on Blind Watch or Gunslinger on Rusted Lands? There is nothing inherent to the super that is broken. Most people don't play with full parties or coordinate to that degree. You'll occasionally see someone pop a bubble on an objective, but the lack of true offensive capabilities don't make up for other shortcomings.

i don't believe i missed either of those classes in my first post above.

I don't think I was supposed to get this shader yet by the looks of it. Anyone else have this?

qxqEGSJ.jpg

WarWolf

two defenders put bubble shields over the doors on blind watch. if you walk through these shields, your whole screen turns white. the other team can pass through it and get overshields or extra damage. and i can....waste my super on an empty shield so that i can walk through doorways again.

let's buff it bungie!

It sounds like you're having a problem with a coordinated team, not the super itself.

Hard Gatekeeper kill. Didn't think I'd be able to do it with a fairly random team, but good players make it happen :]

Killing all those Minotaurs that spawn at the conflux is really fun. It's almost a mini raid Juggler mod trying to scramble for ammo on all the Mino killing weapons you have.

No Timebreaker for me. Please have a really crappy Warlock inventory tomorrow Xur.

Shit was awesome. Smoothest hard raid I've ever been a part of.

WarWolf

and that's the problem.

Yeah but as previously said, the bubbles are easy to put down by several supers. So what if you have to waste yours to counter one. That's part of the strategy. One of the problems is people don't realize how easy they are to take down.

The Internet suggests good ideas and DeeJ can't even guarantee that any of it will make it to the final game :( Judging from the frequency and size of their updates, it's like there are only two engineers/programmers at Bungie.

Xsa3kwz.jpg

ZangBa

Just went through the raid on hard again with some guys I did it with before, got pretty much nothing of value, but I guess my Titan will have his own legendary ship now.

I got a void sniper I might use, and the arc pulse rifle. Might be useful because I really hate captains.

Yeah but as previously said, the bubbles are easy to put down by several supers. So what if you have to waste yours to counter one. That's part of the strategy. One of the problems is people don't realize how easy they are to take down.

perhaps. whatever the case, i think buffing any of the classes would be a tremendous mistake.

apologies for the antagonizing tone though. that game on blind watch was the dumbest thing i've ever experienced in a shooter. felt like they'd learned nothing from their previous game where the exact same thing happened. every class needs tweaks, but if it were left up to me defenders (among other things such as prepatch mythoclast) wouldn't be allowed in PvP. it's important for that split to be made because you can't balance them both using the exact same sandbox when it's this broad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom