• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way is Fatebringer better?

just about every single way. has oracle bonus damage, increased reload and explosions with precision kills, as well as explosive rounds. or instead of those you can buff its mag from 12 to 13.

hawkmoon makes a cool sound and does extra damage for 23% of its mag. comparatively, those upgrades aren't very impressionable and certainly not worth an exotic slot IMO.

sorry hawkian.

Lima

just about every single way. has oracle bonus damage, increased reload and explosions with precision kills, as well as explosive rounds. or instead of those you can buff its mag from 12 to 13.

hawkmoon makes a cool sound and does extra damage for 23% of its mag. comparatively, those upgrades aren't very impressionable and certainly not worth an exotic slot IMO.

sorry hawkian.

And it causes arc damage. That alone makes it better.

10662071_307645959442164_2777991906584941617_o.jpg

tumblr_m57zz3IIRn1rpzzaf.gif

I'll try not as hard next time. Just for you RNGesu.

While I haven't tried Hawkmoon. Fatebringer makes things explode. Has a pretty good rate of fire with a decent clip.

I just realized last night that my The Devil You Know HC has the Explosive Rounds perk.

The normal store bought ones don't have that do they?

I am looking forward to upgrading it to that point to check out how effective they are!

Crucible drops were actually much better pre-patch. Ever since I think all I've seen is one legendary engram (for a different class) and Suros Regime. And I play Crucible like 2 hrs a day

Legendary engrams in general are extremely stingy now. You'll get them only for either doing the Raid/Nightfall, or very rarely through drops/chests (I'm talking like a legendary for maybe every 6-7 hours of play). Don't buy into that "blues turning into purps" crap either. I've turned in maybe a little less than a hundred blues this past week or so and had ONE turn into a purple...and it was a Shadow Price...which I already have.

Tiger Strikes seem to be the best option to try and get them but those higher level strikes can be both annoying and time consuming based on which strike you get (that strike with the super colossus is so tedious) so it really depends.

I've gotten less than 6 purple engrams post patch. Like, that's only a couple more than the number of Exotic bounties I've been offered. Wtf. It's not like there's a tiny amount of legendaries either so I really don't get why Bungie is so stingy with them considering how sort of lax they are with Exotics. Luckily I don't really care that much since I just need a pair of raid gauntles to have a full set but it would be nice to have some more purple weapons, especially heavies and specials.

sorry hawkian.

Oh

Didn't realize it has fast reload on precision kill on top of firefly

We need to run that hard raid man ;_;

I have all but 2 raid weapons. Fatebringer and the machine gun

gatti-man

you could apply that sentence to basically everything anyone has complained about in the game and it'd not only completely miss the point but also look silly in the process.

Not really. Your examples refuse to acknowledge solutions and are horribly niche. Your just flat wrong to be honest.

jay23

I'll take the last word over both in close range situations. I've killed plenty of shotgun users up close while hip firing + strafing. And it's still accurate enough to kill people at mid range.

Edit: this is for pvp, fatebringer and hawkmoon are both superior in pve.

Lima

I'll take the last word over both in close range situations. I've killed plenty of shotgun users up close while hip firing + strafing. And it's still accurate enough to kill people at mid range.

Eh in PvP I only use TLW. It's useless in PvE though since it eats through ammo too quickly.

Obscured

10662071_307645959442164_2777991906584941617_o.jpg

tumblr_m57zz3IIRn1rpzzaf.gif

I'll try not as hard next time. Just for you RNGesu.

Looks like my last match as well. In addition I'm trying to get the rare fusion rifles. I have five. Since then I've had about 15 or so blue special weapon engrams, all shotguns and snipers.

And Timur's lash ain't shabby, but I don't have those others to compare it to.

Not really. Your examples refuse to acknowledge solutions and are horribly niche. Your just flat wrong to be honest.

the solutions are about as niche and circumstantial as the examples and it's ridiculously ignorant to claim there's nothing that needs addressing. acknowledging the possibility of tweaks regardless of their nature exercises critical thinking and is the only way this game is going to improve. on the other hand, we can denounce that dialog while educating each other with our conjecture and end up no where other than ignore lists.

i've listed suggestions and i'll be more than willing to refine and enhance them with newly acquired knowledge. i don't believe it's wrong to recognize the possibility that various aspects of the game could use tweaks in one way or another, nor am i aware of an issue with my chosen example supporting that dialog. it'd be foolish to ask for these things without the experience necessary to do so, and said experience says it needs work.

Nuszka

Yet another Vex Mytho and Raid Helmet. Need those boots! I swear they have a 1% drop rate.

Good one :) on my side boots that's all I'm getting. Think I got 3 already, better yet I have over 90 shards sitting in my inventory and I dont have any alts. Hope RNGesus is gonna bless me next week.

gatti-man

the solutions are about as niche and circumstantial as the examples and it's ridiculously ignorant to claim there's nothing that needs addressing. acknowledging the possibility of tweaks regardless of their nature exercises critical thinking and is the only way this game is going to improve. on the other hand, we can denounce that dialog while educating each other with our conjecture and end up no where other than ignore lists.

i've listed suggestions and i'll be more than willing to refine and enhance them with newly acquired knowledge. i don't believe it's wrong to recognize the possibility that various aspects of the game could use tweaks in one way or another, nor am i aware of an issue with my chosen example supporting that dialog. it'd be foolish to ask for these things without the experience necessary to do so, and said experience says it needs work.

Any super in the game as pvp stands right now is not niche. Its just not at all. The game imho has a ridiculous amount of supers. The shield will never be nerfed. Its far more likely to be buffed. I will eat my own ps4 controller if they nerf the shield. Its not happening get over it lol.

Futaba

kinda wishing certain shaders gave some stat buffs.
Substance 321 shader needs a buff to lower the detection area of enemies on mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom