• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have 3 characters and need to max out Crucible Marks on all 3, that will be the fastest way
Good luck doing 100-150 matches to lock in 100 marks on all 3

My method you hit so many objectives within a hour, that you come at really far ahead

Tuesday Reset I dropped 400 Spinmetals which took me 3 hours of work on Crucible Quartermaster
My Hunter who hadn't touched Crucible jumped to +40 Marks already in that area
So yes, they are worth it, if you can't get 50+ materials in 20 minutes or less, you don't know full loop or almost all location where they spawn

Then everyday I put in at least 2 hours on each char and make them run the PTE gauntlet on Earth to net me +48 Vanguard marks

:00-:05 Mothyards, :06:-012 Forgotten Shores, :13-20 The DivideThen repeat on the half hour mark, so add +30 to those times, so it nets you +12 marks every 30 minutes, +24/hour
Grab kill/drop item patrol missions and assassination missions if you have a window to them, like there's a 2 minute window gap for each PTE

I try to maximize my materials and items so I'm never behind really, only thing I'm hurting on is armor materials, but that will get rectified by reset Tuesday, cause my hunter and titan will load up on so many chests for mats of all kinds, that I wont have to worry about it

If you really want to you can max out your Vanguard Marks within < 5 hours if you do that PTE loop
There's a chance you can be late or PTE didn't spawn, but in the long run, you hoard many marks very quickly
Personally, how do you go shores -> divide?

Angry Guy

Hard Gatekeeper kill. Didn't think I'd be able to do it with a fairly random team, but good players make it happen :]

Killing all those Minotaurs that spawn at the conflux is really fun. It's almost a mini raid Juggler mod trying to scramble for ammo on all the Mino killing weapons you have.

No Timebreaker for me. Please have a really crappy Warlock inventory tomorrow Xur.

Fucking amazing game, dude. I'm really excited to run again with this group. And we're only going to get better as we accumulate skill together and nail down the encounters.

I had a pretty sweet Heroic haul, GAF! I got a raid helm with strength, which is disappointing, but I managed to snag a raid chest with INT and Discipline to replace my shitty all Discipline one, Praedyth's Revenge, Aspect of Glass, AND a MIDA Multi-Tool!

So, on that note: I've heard mixed things about the MIDA. Anyone want to give any post-hotfix impressions on it?

Hyun Sai

I dropped my first Raid armor leggings after beating the Templar for the first time with my group of friends. Lucky me.

The Gorgon maze was hilarious after that, we will try it again tomorrow lol...

What rocket launcher is that? Seems pretty good.

H6IuSPb.jpg

Ms8nwDX.jpg

so reliable. i don't have a single rep towards new monarchy either lol

I have a checkpoint for hard mode Atheon. If someone can cheese it for me, I'd appreciate it. I can get online in maybe 2 hours.

Sorry mate not a warlock (wish I was). I hope you find someone to help you. I know I've been trying to find someone to help me cheese just the normal raid on atheon. I really wish I was in the "in-crowd" with Destiny gaf so I could get some help

(if you find someone one I would love to tag along, I will return the favor ten-fold)

Rubenov

All right, confirmed, Bungie if you're reading this, the Hunter's Arc Blade time needs to be reduced. It's head and shoulders above the other supers, and makes Crucible too lopsided in favor of them. I would say this is an update that needs to happen soon.

Zocano

Great raiding tonight, Jeffolation and W1ssy! Thanks for having me.

I got raid arms and that's a good start. Plus shards are shards and I won't turn them down.

Lima

All right, confirmed, Bungie if you're reading this, the Hunter's Arc Blade time needs to be reduced. It's head and shoulders above the other supers, and makes Crucible too lopsided in favor of them. I would say this is an update that needs to happen soon.

No this would make Arc Blade even less useful in PvE.

. . What? But Titan's hulk smash and Warlock's Nova blast isn't OP? Geez at least call out Hunter's Golden Gun, but Arc Blade is not OP. You can at least shotgun or rocket launch at a Hunter

Angry Guy

going straight from the catharsis of beating the heroic raid to xur claus showing up as soon as i wake up is going to be soo goooood

blackflag

Nahhhh, we good brah

all the classes need balancing. what i'd like to see

gunslinger: less aim assist on golden gun
bladedancer: less range on melees
striker: shorter duration on AoE abilities
defender: shorter duration on ward of dawn (at least for pvp)
voidwalker: less tracking on axiom bolt
sunsinger: more visibility on fusion grenade (i swear this shit is invisible)

Heel

This sidestepping Sparrow is best thing I've wasted marks on since my sweet cape.

I bought an uncommon Sparrow just because I liked the color and the engine randomly caught on fire the first time I used it. I'm not even joking. Gr1mLock can confirm this fuckery. I bought a lemon.

todd360

Are sunbreakers better for a sunsinger? Or is it totally situational?.

I wouldn't mind having sunbreakers since I mainly play control and pve, solar grenades could defend a point/enemy spawn.

Heart of praxic fire is pretty much the only armor to wear in my opinion.

Completed the raid for the first time last night, here was my haul, I feel like it was a pretty good one but let me know:
  • Atheons Epilogue - assault rifle
  • Praedyths revenge - sniper rifle
  • Found Verdict - shotgun (I think I got this from the raid, can't remember though for sure)
  • Truth - rocket launcher
  • Kabr's Wrath - chest plate
  • Light of the great prism - titan class item
  • Chatterwhite - armor shader
  • and of course some shards.

here's my first three raids:

chatterwhite + shards

chatterwhite + shards

chatterwhite + shards

lemme know if any of those runs were better than your first run

all the classes need balancing. what i'd like to see

gunslinger: less auto aim on golden gun
bladedancer: less range on melees or more super energy consumed
striker: shorter duration on AoE abilities
defender: shorter duration on ward of dawn (at least for pvp)
voidwalker: less tracking on axiom bolt
sunsinger: more visibility on fusion grenade (i swear this shit is invisible)

Leave Titan Defenders alone

Can get 2-shotted by Golden Gun, owned by Blade Dancer inside the shield 9 times out of 10, Nova Bomb GG, Sunsinger drops bombs inside the shield GG.

Rubenov

I can see it hit a chord with Hunters, seriously you're not bound vertically, and the damage area is huge. This super lasts for far too long allowing a Hunter to clear an area and then go down a hallway and kill some more. No other Super can do this and, again, makes Crucible too lopsided in favor of Hunters in otherwise balanced matches.

with hunter my golden gun and blademaster super whateever, I've gotten 10% kills, 90% of the time I die before killing anything (or miss all three shots of golden gun)

I have a better kill ratio with my defender shield~

those skills are only good for anyone with even a tiny bit of skill

Leave Titan Defenders alone

Can get 2-shotted by Golden Gun, owned by Blade Dancer inside the shield 9 times out of 10, Nova Bomb GG, Sunsinger drops bombs inside the shield GG.

so titan defenders are perfect in other words

if the shield's duration isn't shortened then it needs a longer cast time. absolute bullshit that you can drop it as soon as you're getting hit and nobody can do anything unless they also have their super up. brings entire portions of the map to a stand still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom