• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Yeah we just did that tonight too. Took maybe 8 or 9 min.

Eh the actual way Bungie intended to beat him is way easier and faster too. He is done in like 5 minutes even on hard. Just group up together and have the relic holder drop it once the Templars shield are down so he can fire at him too.

Rtas

Just finished a crucible control match where I had double the amount of kills as anyone on my team, and yet the guy who joined with a minute to go got a legendary chest piece and I literally got nothing what a crock of bullshit

Deku Tree

Just finished my first full raid, thanks Deku Tree and others with putting up with my noobness! I watched youtube vids beforehand but actually doing it was intense and fun.

RNGs gods were good to me I couldn't believe my haul! Up to this point had really bad luck with drops.

- Atheon Epilogue
- Plan C
- Glass Minute Ship
- Titan raid gloves
- Couple ass shards and energy

Was too excited to take decent pic:

yiYe4aw.jpg

Thanks so much guys, gotta run this again :D

Nice haul! Plan C is the best fusion in the game right now IMO. Enjoy it. It was fun playing with you Bullet.

Futaba

Oh my god again. The fuck. This game just does not want me to progress past 21

How is that even possible? you can get to 24 off of stock legendaries from vanguard and other factions, and the light on blue rares once you hit 20 is enough too

Deku Tree

Sadly the RNG Gods continue to F%^& ME OVER! I went on this very same raid and again received no exotic reward.

I am truly starting to revile this game. I have been playing this game since it came out with two characters have played through tons of strikes, missions etc. I have done the Nightfall and Raid multiple times with multiple characters.

What do I have to show for it? SQUAT! WTF!!?!?!? I still have not gotten one Exotic drop. The way this game drops loot is completely BS! I know people who have gotten multiple exotic drops who don't even play as much as me.

Sorry for the rant, but man am I furious. Ragequit mode in full effect here.

OH well ........ congrats to my buddy Bulletsmoke here. Glad to see you were rewarded. I guess I just need to blow this off and wait for my time to come.

::Sigh::

Hope your time comes soon Rogue.

Rtas

How is that even possible? you can get to 24 off of stock legendaries from vanguard and other factions, and the light on blue rares once you hit 20 is enough too

I havent gotten a blue engram in anything in about 4 hours. As for the stock in the vanguard and other factions I haven't got either the marks or the rep

So if I re-do VOG right after beating it on normal and then do it on hard what rewards can I get? none of the chests just the boss rewards is that right?

Zoidberg

So do all the raid weapons have predetermined elements? Cuz i have 3 scout rifles now and every one i"ve seen is solar.

They are set.

Scout rifle is solar
Auto rifle is void
Sniper rifle is void
Shotgun is arc
Rocket launcher is solar
Machine gun is void

Hand canon is arc (hard mode only)
Pulse rifle is arc (hard mode only)

I think there's a fusion rifle that's hard mode only, not sure of the element.

Vision of Confluence is serious buisness

The auto fire lock up is a pain in the ass though. That's why I never took a liking to it but when it does work oh man

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Thx. Oh so there is a pulse rifle. I've never seen anyone mention it lol Got all the non hard mode weapons then beside the heavy machine gun. Some armour to go with it would be nice ;_;

HighOnPCP

lol i'm doing that right now for the bounty

Hell yeah, I go there at least once a day most of the time for exactly that reason.
Hive majors? check. 20 fusion rifle double kills? check. headshots? check. collect 200 of whatever it's called on the moon? check. etc. etc.

Sometimes they even drop a blue or two in the first few runs, makes me happy and sad lol

Lima

They are set.

Scout rifle is solar
Auto rifle is void
Sniper rifle is void
Shotgun is arc
Rocket launcher is solar
Machine gun is void

The fusion rifle is solar.

It's not exclusive to hard mode however.

What's the best vendor sold Pulse Rifle?

Super Pox Vlo from the Vanguard Quartermaster.

Insaniac

They are set.

Scout rifle is solar
Auto rifle is void
Sniper rifle is void
Shotgun is arc
Rocket launcher is solar
Machine gun is void

what hand cannon is arc?

gatti-man

well, here's another anecdote that illustrates my problem with it:

1v1 with a titan. i prenade him and line up the fatal shot with a sniper. completely skillful play. he drops the shield instantly and apparently i'm outplayed now because i don't have my super up. so i have to turn my back and run away, which lets him kill me, wait till he pops out and snipe through his overshields before he can pop back in, or wait till the shield runs out. none of that would be a problem if it took more than a split second to deploy the shield. if any other super was subbed in and caused the same outcome, chances are i'd have a problem with it too. at least from that distance i can kill a blade dancer, snipe a gunslinger, avoid fist of havok or novabomb, and throw a few shots into a sunsinger.

this was in rumble if it matters
So? Because the shield causes problems with your specific play style it needs a nerf? Sorry.

patchday

Oh my god again. The fuck. This game just does not want me to progress past 21

Crucible drops were actually much better pre-patch. Ever since I think all I've seen is one legendary engram (for a different class) and Suros Regime. And I play Crucible like 2 hrs a day

darkwing

Is The Last Word considered the best pistol? I have Thorn, Hawkmoon and The Last Word. I gave thorn to my lvl 24 hunter and decided to level up the Hawkmoon because a friend was saying it does alot of damage on crits. Haven't really seen people talking about TLW until today O_O.

It's more about style over substance

So tired of psn fucking with my gaming. It's hard enough for 6 grownasspeople to get online at the same time with out pan crapping out on us.
POS network.

Ps
Thunderlord is awesome!

SharkJAW

Is The Last Word considered the best pistol? I have Thorn, Hawkmoon and The Last Word. I gave thorn to my lvl 24 hunter and decided to level up the Hawkmoon because a friend was saying it does alot of damage on crits. Haven't really seen people talking about TLW until today O_O.
Hawkmoon for PvE, TLW for PvP (unless on a large map)

Someone hasn't tried Fatebringer yet. Shits all over Hawkmoon and is not an exotic so your slot is free for something else.

I wish I could get Fatebringer. Raid RNG hasn't been kind...

Yet another Vex Mytho and Raid Helmet. Need those boots! I swear they have a 1% drop rate.

I know! I've done the raid every week, and I still haven't gotten boots. Yet, I've gotten three helmets, two chest pieces, and two gauntlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom