• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Got my second character, Warlock, up to level 20 tonight. 5 minutes later after traveling to the tower she was almost level 24 in 30 seconds after hitting up the vault. lol

All you young guardians running around with your Shiny futuristic weaponry. I'm still stuck in the past with my old school MANs weapon. Try doing a hard mode strike with this only and become a true legend.

10517219_1515092955402415_2023327001980472744_o.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Even playing normal raid lvl28 makes me feel pretty strong.

P.s Alucrid I was wondering why your name seems familiar then I remember I bought a 3dsxl from you!

Ahh okay, I'm sure it's in better hands now...I only played like two games on it lol.

would you be interested in a 2.4 static?

something something destiny something

I just looked at it. I'm boycotting 2.4 until they put back in the philosophy tomes.

So we had atheon down to one percent health. I was the party leader and got booted because of server issues. Everybody else stayed in but atheon went back to full health so we had to beat him again.

Obscured

All you young guardians running around with your Shiny futuristic weaponry. I'm still stuck in the past with my old school MANs weapon. Try doing a hard mode strike with this only and become a true legend.

I was sad that is the only weapon like that. I kept it just for that reason, but can't imagine using it.

I swear I'm never going to get a chance to try out the raid.

SkylineRKR

I hope Xur sells that Hunter helm that gives GG boost again. I am running with Knucklehead to get level 30 but it feels a bit PvP.

Right then raid noobs let us unite, I'm doing normal raid tonight at between 8-9 uk time, will be people who have not done it before, if you want in message me on here and will get back to you.

You can come if you done it before but have patience on the poor folk who have not, will welcome helpe but really dont want elitist dicks ruining the fun.

Marvel

could never
Just normal but it was the first time my friends and I beat it with no cheese. I thought I was going to get a cutscene when it went black. It was pretty funny because everybody was in the PlayStation party and so confused.

Oh congrats!

I thought we'd get a cutscene too lol.

Ken

So we had atheon down to one percent health. I was the party leader and got booted because of server issues. Everybody else stayed in but atheon went back to full health so we had to beat him again.

yes but what animal cracker did you win

KlotePino

Damn, I really wish I'd had enough coins to buy the 4 golden gun shot helmet, that's got to be the best hunter PvE exotic right? I bought the lucky raspberry and the akamhara's spine dropped for me recently but both seem to be inferior. On top of that the only raid gear I have so far is the helm, which I'm now convinced should be replaced by an exotic. Can someone please make a convincing argument for something else? The raid helm has strength on it too which makes it even less attractive, it makes no sense.

On a side note, with the servers being down yesterday I was just about to go to sleep until the servers just barely came up. Thought I'd just quickly do the daily story and a public event, ended up playing until 2:30 just doing boring "have to do shit" not having a smile on my face the entire time. The raid, nightfall and weekly are probably the only things I truly enjoy (and would you look at that, they COULD all provide actually valuable rewards, probably just a coincidence)

ZangBa

Praedyth's Timepiece doesn't seem so great. I don't think the first ability even works :<. I'd rather have that arc hand cannon.

Obscured

For all the poo-pooing of defender titans it is amazing how effective it is. I'll stop using it once it stops working, but people cannot stop themselves from running into it. Mainly for control, but I'm not a fan of the other PvP modes anyway.

Skele7on

Banned
Just normal but it was the first time my friends and I beat it with no cheese. I thought I was going to get a cutscene when it went black. It was pretty funny because everybody was in the PlayStation party and so confused.

you expected a cutscene in destiny, giving you some story....

bahahahaha, Yeah I would have liked some explanation too....

Congratulations on beating the raid though.

Damn, I really wish I'd had enough coins to buy the 4 golden gun shot helmet, that's got to be the best hunter PvE exotic right? I bought the lucky raspberry and the akamhara's spine dropped for me recently but both seem to be inferior. On top of that the only raid gear I have so far is the helm, which I'm now convinced should be replaced by an exotic. Can someone please make a convincing argument for something else? The raid helm has strength on it too which makes it even less attractive, it makes no sense.

On a side note, with the servers being down yesterday I was just about to go to sleep until the servers just barely came up. Thought I'd just quickly do the daily story and a public event, ended up playing until 2:30 just doing boring "have to do shit" not having a smile on my face the entire time. The raid, nightfall and weekly are probably the only things I truly enjoy (and would you look at that, they COULD all provide actually valuable rewards, probably just a coincidence)

Yeah, the boring 'have to do shit' is what is going to kill Destiny if they don't do something about it soon.

Why on god's green Earth you would make a game with such solid, on-point gunplay then make players drive around on their speeder for hours on end to 'farm' spinmetal/relic iron/etc just to upgrade their gear is fucking beyond me. I absolutely detest that element of the game and it's getting to the point where I don't even WANT the last few pieces of gear that I would need to get my two alts to 30, because that would mean having to grind boring-ass bounties and farming materials to upgrade the gear.

Things that need to change:

1. Every time you kill a major or higher level enemy (yellow health bars), they should drop at least 2 pieces of whatever that planet's material is. If I kill a hive major on Cosmodrome, for instance, I should get 2 spinmetal minimum, guaranteed.

2. The raid needs have the artificial restriction of only one completion per character per week for loot removed. I get messages all the time from randoms at the tower wanting someone for the raid, but I'm like 'done it already, no point in doing it again'. Is this really how you want people playing your game Bungie? Because if I could get loot again, I'd be more inclined to run it with these randoms. If people had a better chance at finding others willing to run the raid with them even despite the lack of matchmaking, ESPECIALLY if they haven't been able to do it prior to that point, they might stay on Destiny rather than moving on in Oct/Nov when all the new games are out.

3. Materials for upgrading need to be streamlined. Why the fuck do we need four different materials (on top of the class-specific breakdown bits and weapon parts), and seeminly no consistency with which one is needed for any given weapon or armor piece? We could've done just fine with two, one for weapons, and the other for armor.

4. Speaking of which, allow us to convert armor breakdown materials (hadronic essences, plasteel plating, sapphire wire) into one of the other two types, possibly at a 2-to-1 exchange rate. I have over 900 hadronic essence due to my main being a warlock, but I once again consider quitting Destiny when I realize I need to farm greens and engrams just to break them down for plasteel plating to upgrade my titan's gear. This shit is ridiculous.

These things need to change quickly or I have a feeling Destiny will be hemorrhaging droves of players when new games come out. They are pointless grinds just for the sake of trying to force gamers to play the game longer, and will ultimately have the opposite effect. Bring more raids and strikes to the game and minimize or even (ghasp) eliminate these mind-numbingly boring aspects of the game, and people might just stick around, and even maybe help randoms get a chance at seeing the TRUE Destiny (aka the raid).

you expected a cutscene in destiny, giving you some story....

bahahahaha, Yeah I would have liked some explanation too....

Congratulations on beating the raid though.

Haha thanks. Maybe at least a scene where we find a way out or the ghosts of dead raiders thanks us or a commercial for the next raid.

RSP

Another night of Destiny ruined yesterday.

I've moved from 360 to PS4, but have already had more problems with PSN in a couple of months than I've ever had with Live.

Is the service always this crappy?

Don't know if it is always Sony's fault or a combination between Bungie and Sony, but still ...

The boxes are for bosses looted. Not for chests. Two boxes for the templar. And two for Atheon. Did you skip the first or the last section of the Raid?

Sorry just getting back to this now, no i didn't skip any parts of the raid, done a full run BUT all parts apart from the last boss was done with one group, then with another group i done Atheon.

If i remember correctly though i may have missed the portal phase before Atheon, but that doesn't give you loot does it?

Another night of Destiny ruined yesterday.

I've moved from 360 to PS4, but have already had more problems with PSN in a couple of months than I've ever had with Live.

Is the service always this crappy?

Don't know if it is always Sony's fault or a combination between Bungie and Sony, but still ...

It's always been this shitty.

Getting pissed about it now that i'm paying for it. They better get their shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom