• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

I feel bad for all you guys that still need raid gear. I got an entire second set from tonight's raid and dismantled all of them.

I wonder when Activision will get smart and start having micro transactions. Not saying it's the right thing to do but you would think a company like Activision would be all over that.

Edit: Xur time! Time to look for where everyone on the tower is huddled up lol.

No kidding. Considering how pointless and idiotic the materials/upgrade system is, it almost screams that they were going to add in microtransactions for buying upgrade materials and probably even weapon/armor experience boosts, then backed off the idea fearing the PR fallout.

I feel bad for all you guys that still need raid gear. I got an entire second set from tonight's raid and dismantled all of them.

Hope you looked at the stats first. I'm regretting the day I dismantled an all +STR raid chest drop for my warlock because every other piece of raid gear I've gotten has had DEX on it. I would've loved not to be sitting on nearly 400 dex when I put on my raid gear, as it's all wasted above the cap that gets you to 100% cooldown reduction. I'd rather have INT than STR, but at least that would be something instead of the extra ~140 dex that I don't need.

Yu Narukami

Everyday I earn at least 15 Ascendant materials

+6 from Daily (3 Characters)
+3 Guaranteed from Public Time Events
+3-4 from PTE grind for 30 minutes on all 3 chars, so roughly 1.5 hours
Then 1-3 from chests, yes chests have started giving me them to me recently

There's no guarantee, it's random even from Postmaster.

He's in the Hangar. In the rightmost corner when you enter right of the stairs.

Selling the Truth, exotic chest engram, Light Beyond Nemesis, Aclyophage Symbiote and Armamentarium.

Nodnol

And this is why trading should exist.

How many Warlock's out there would want the Heart of the Praxic Fire sat in my vault doing nothing, in exchange for some Raid gear?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I don't have a problem with Helium Filaments, myself. It's Relic Iron in the day time on Mars that pisses me off. At night, it's fucking bliss, though. Mainly because it's beautiful at night on Mars.
Yeah, I just circle the initial area. Takes some time but it's a painless way to farm.

Hmm, raid gear never dropped for me after I got all three pieces.

Xur is in the hanger.

The Armamentarium (Titan Chest) - 13 Strange Coins
Achlyophage Symbiote (Hunter Helmet) - 13 Strange Coins
Light Beyond Nemesis (Warlock Helmet) - 13 Strange Coins
Truth - 17 Strange Coins
Exotic Chest Engram - 23 Motes of Light

WITHE1982

Selling the Truth, exotic chest engram, Light Beyond Nemesis, Aclyophage Symbiote and Armamentarium.

Well I guess that's saved me 17 coins for next week. Not impressed Mr. Xur, not impressed at all.

In the hangar. Once you the enter the area he's directly to the right.

Armamentarium
Achlyophage Symbiote
Light Beyond Nemesis
Truth
Exotic Chest Engram

Auto Rifle Telemetry
Pulse Rifle Telemetry
Scout Rifle Telemetry
Emerald Coil
Stealth Drive

Spiders

Awesome! With Aclyophage Symbiote I'll have a full set of legendary and higher gear for my future hunter, and Armamentarium will be great for my Titan.

Already have Truth though.

Tekku

Xur really loves us Titans. He has given us almost all of the exotic armor in the game now. A new thing almost every week.

Just got Heart of the Praxic fire from Chest engram from Xur :D

Played the lotto and won baby :D

Only thing is that there is no INT which is a bummer :I more grenades for more Energy drain as void though.....Hmmmmm.

Nodnol

Truth was one of the items I wanted, so I'm happy.

Not interested in the Achlyophage Symbiote, but I won't complain given the tough time Sunbros have had.

blackflag

yo that armamentarium

praise the sun

how is the hunter helmet?

Hunter helmet is great for raid and any kind of PVE really.

Guess I'll get Truth I REALLY need a void launcher....but I'm not impressed. Where's my last word. I have plenty of coins so whatever.

JayEH

Fucking A, another week another piece of warlock armor from my engram. Fuck you Bungie.

No interest in a rocket launcher so I'll look at the armor he has for sale.

NastyBook

Look on the bright side my friend. It'll either give you a leg up when creating an alt or you're basically exchanging 23 motes for 3 ass shards (one you break down the armor). Either way it's a plus given that motes are pretty much useless for anything else.

Are you using the chest run on mars? I've always found relic iron to be the easiest to get TBH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9PpDdoWzQc
Yeah, I'm do the run at night. Relic Iron and Chests show up great. For me it's Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom in terms of ease of discovery. Good ole Spin can spotted a mile away.

Ken

Hunter helmet is great for raid and any kind of PVE really.

Guess I'll get Truth I REALLY need a void launcher....but I'm not impressed. Where's my last word. I have plenty of coins so whatever.

thanks, dont have a hunter yet so i'm stockpiling some gear for it in the future

10697138_918314474865153_776150505954314791_o.jpg

ZangBa

Hope you looked at the stats first. I'm regretting the day I dismantled an all +STR raid chest drop for my warlock because every other piece of raid gear I've gotten has had DEX on it. I would've loved not to be sitting on nearly 400 dex when I put on my raid gear, as it's all wasted above the cap that gets you to 100% cooldown reduction. I'd rather have INT than STR, but at least that would be something instead of the extra ~140 dex that I don't need.

The stats weren't optimal, so they weren't any use to me. Even if they were, it wouldn't be worth wasting shards on. I have other characters to gear out.

Hmm, raid gear never dropped for me after I got all three pieces.

I just wanted some good weapons and got some crappy arc pulse rifle and a decent looking void sniper rifle. :/

Hmmm, don't care too much for Truth, and i'm VERY tempted to get Light Beyond Nemesis, just for a change of scenery. I'm growing weary of my Praxic Fire.

I can see Praxic Fire being a PVP exotic, and Nemesis being a PVE exotic for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom