• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a shame none of the nerfs managed to reach any of the supers. guess we still have to wait.

they really need to balance pvp and pve separately

ocean

Banned
Looks like I missed out on a Hard Atheon giveaway :( if anyone is still doing it or at least has a checkpoint to share, let me know please? I'm beating him legit on Normal anyways, but Hard checkpoint is my chance at a Helmet :)

Tovarisc

I'm fine with cheese Atheon kills, but for some reason it rubs me wrong way that on top of that a lot of people get it even more cheaply. By just taking checkpoint straight to him, never clearing any other hard content, and then spreading it to every alt and their mother.

KeRaSh

Yesterday I dismantled 5 rare fusion rifles for the exotic bounty.
I then realized that I was still sitting at the part of the bounty where I have to open a chest on Venus.
Not my proudest moment...

Marvel

could never
'Sup
i75y7GkAMvibh.jpg

KeRaSh

Looks like I missed out on a Hard Atheon giveaway :( if anyone is still doing it or at least has a checkpoint to share, let me know please? I'm beating him legit on Normal anyways, but Hard checkpoint is my chance at a Helmet :)

Same. I'd appreciate a hook up. We couldn't beat him last week and won't have time to go through it from the beginning again this week. I'm leaving for my honeymoon on Tuesday so I won't have another shot at it for at least two more weeks.

I'm fine with cheese Atheon kills, but for some reason it rubs me wrong way that on top of that a lot of people get it even more cheaply. By just taking checkpoint straight to him, never clearing any other hard content, and then spreading it to every alt and their mother.

i think the whole thing is stupid. begging for group earned checkpoints so you can knock the boss off the map in 2 minutes and get all the rewards other people did by going through it legitimately. the boss fight is already ridiculously easy provided people bother to learn the mechanics.

i've always said the raid drops needs work but this is not how we get that point across.

Tovarisc

i think the whole thing is stupid. begging for group earned checkpoints so you can knock the boss off the map in 2 minutes and get all the rewards other people did by going through it legitimately. the boss fight is already ridiculously easy provided people bother to learn the mechanics.

i've always said the raid drops needs work but this is not how we get that point across.

Like I said, I'm fine with cheese kills because groups that clear to him are very likely to be skilled enough to do him with proper tactic if they choose to.

What rubs me wrong way is people asking for Atheon Hard checkpoint so they can cheese it for their main, alts, friends alts, etc. just because "we don't have time / group to do full clear". Something about people wanting their hands on "best loot" [Mytho + raid helmet] without any previous effort, and then fast cheese kills on last boss for fast "clear", just rubs me wrong way.

Fitts

Tried some post-patch crucible last night. (enough to get 1/3 of my weekly marks allotment) It's basically Crucible 2.0 and it feels like I'm re-learning the game. Interesting, yet slightly frustrating at the same time. I've gone from averaging 5k-6k points per game of Control to 3k-4k. I've found that my Shadow Price no longer holds up against Suros and the latter is now the only auto rifle worth using in PVP at all. In addition, there now seems to be one clearly dominant shotgun and it's not Invective. There's a Suros shotgun (seen it quite a bit before pre-patch, but now it's everywhere) with crazy range/impact that everyone is running and it still gets kills from disgusting range. I've found that my best games were played with Thorn of all primaries -- something that I had reserved exclusively for shenanigans (i.e. not really going for top of leaderboard) in the past. Scouts are obviously very strong now, but all I have is an incredibly crappy engram version of the Cryptic Dragon and I couldn't get a damn thing going with it.

Does anyone know of any vendor weapons that are currently good for PVP? Whether they're a scout/pulse/whatever, I'm pretty much back to square one.

Side question: should I bother with the hard raid if I'm level 29 or should I wait until I hit 30? The only piece of raid armor I currently have is boots.

Like I said, I'm fine with cheese kills because groups that clear to him are very likely to be skilled enough to do him with proper tactic if they choose to.

What rubs me wrong way is people asking for Atheon Hard checkpoint so they can cheese it for their main, alts, friends alts, etc. just because "we don't have time / group to do full clear". Something about people wanting their hands on "best loot" [Mytho + raid helmet] without any previous effort, and then fast cheese kills on last boss for fast "clear", just rubs me wrong way.

that's my point exactly. heroic raid was supposed to be the game's greatest challenge with the most fitting rewards. not only has the challenge been undermined, but the rewards have also diminished as a result.

again, raid loot needs work. going a whole run and earning nothing but ascendant materials and a ship is very unsatisfying. in the mean time, this "practice" is ultimately spoiling the content's longevity. when all's said and done, the raid will be meaningless next month.

Gsnap

So I'd like to get a group together for the normal raid. I just got to lvl 26 so it's my first time going through it, so some experienced people would be nice. But it doesn't really matter. I can't guarantee we'd get through all if it, but we can at least get to a checkpoint or two.

PSN: fjurbanski

krioto

So I'd like to get a group together for the normal raid. I just got to lvl 26 so it's my first time going through it, so some experienced people would be nice. But it doesn't really matter. I can't guarantee we'd get through all if it, but we can at least get to a checkpoint or two.

PSN: fjurbanski
I'll join, but I've only done the last boss a few times

colinp

Banned
Yesterday the Crucible gave me Hawkmoon and Nightfall gave me Vanquisher VIII, while today the Weekly Heroic gave me Shadow Price. Hah! How silly.

Fitts

again, raid loot needs work. going a whole run and earning nothing but ascendant materials and a ship is very unsatisfying. in the mean time, this "practice" is ultimately spoiling the content's longevity. when all's said and done, the raid will be meaningless next month.

Tell me about it. All that I've gotten besides ascendants are boots and a shader that I'll never use. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have gotten the armor, but seeing the rest of my group get exotic/legendary weapons is a bit deflating. But hey, at least I've been going in with friends and we've been having fun, so it's all good in the end.

Yesterday the Crucible gave me Hawkmoon and Nightfall gave me Vanquisher VIII, while today the Weekly Heroic gave me Shadow Price. Hah! How silly.

SOMEDAY, I will get the Hawkmoon. And I will cry tears of joy.

Also, if I already own SUROS, is Shadow Price worth it?

Futaba

Sorry I wasn't very talkative earlier GraveRobberX, was litterally half asleep!
And now totally undecided If i should sleep more or play destiny again.

Skele7on

Banned
anyone else just absolutely tired of the moaning?

Like seriously, most of the complaints are for matchmaking raids

I honestly think with the AFK and quitting already strong, adding a matchmaking to raids would be horrific. Also considering sometimes for first timers it takes literally HOURS you can't guarantee people will be able to stay for the duration....

You think RNG is bad well just imagine RNG like matchmaking in multiplayer currently but you're doing a raid.....

Daggoth

Is anyone interested in killing Xjor for the Thorn bounty in about an hours time? PS4, username Daggoth with ss on the end.

Also, is 26 with all legendary armour, no exotic/legendary weapon, still too low to raid effectively? I'm still a noob at this :(

You will need something to replace Suros when you run a Special or Heavy exotic, and SP is a great legendary AR.

I already have Atheon's Epilogue, and I don't usually run with AR's. I barely use my Suros as it is. I was just wondering since I see everyone either raving about it, or using it in the Crucible.

I honestly think with the AFK and quitting already strong, adding a matchmaking to raids would be horrific. Also considering sometimes for first timers it takes literally HOURS you can't guarantee people will be able to stay for the duration....

You think RNG is bad well just imagine RNG like matchmaking in multiplayer currently but you're doing a raid.....

YES YES YES. I get the frustrations and complaints about the game, but people need to either shut up and just play, or if they don't like the game, DON'T PLAY IT. No one is forcing you to play.

Overdoziz

Banned

I can't imagine that anyone who's actually done the raid wants matchmaking for it.

Is anyone interested in killing Xjor for the Thorn bounty in about an hours time? PS4, username Daggoth with ss on the end.

Also, is 26 with all legendary armour, no exotic/legendary weapon, still too low to raid effectively? I'm still a noob at this :(

It's doable but would be a lot easier at 27/28. The enemies at the end are 28

I'm leveling up an alt finally, but it sucks when you play Crucible lol. I've got crappy equipment and I go up against 28+ players and they're just wrecking me, but at least I'm completing bounties to level up fast. My alt Warlock has 3 pieces of legendary armor, 1 exotic piece, and 1 exotic weapon waiting for it thanks to Engrams (from my main Titan class). So spoiled already! RNGesus definitely wanted me to play as a Warlock, so maybe I'll have better luck with drops here...

Skele7on

Banned
I can't imagine that anyone who's actually done the raid wants matchmaking for it.

Having done it two and a half times now, destinyLFG or using this thread is amazing.

Matchmade raid would simply put be the worst, not to mention the level 26 players that would try join, honestly 27 is the best level to start raiding on normal....

YES YES YES. I get the frustrations and complaints about the game, but people need to either shut up and just play, or if they don't like the game, DON'T PLAY IT. No one is forcing you to play.

Same old story about any popular game, I admit it has deep flaws, but at the same time, I cannot stop talking and playing it....

Shito

Gonna be starting my quest for +25 K/D spread in crucible. I figure I average about a +5 K+A-D (with a high run-to-run variance). Any tips to help eek out a bit more? I am usually in random matches so it's hard to find people that will stick around as a team and help out.
Just did it yesterday.
I'm quite crap at PVP, so my only advice would be to not get discouraged if you start losing some progress on it. I went +2 and +9 in two matches, then fell all the way back to 0 the two ones. Started cursing a bit at the game and thinking I would never managed this, but I kept on playing because I also need some crucible marks for the last piece of legendary armor I'm missing. I slowly started making progress again, and at +17 I got really lucky and was finally matched with a team that knows how to play Control: we defended our two quickly acquired control points and destroyed the other team.
So, yeah, try to minimize your losses when you feel you're not in a good team, and wait for your good fortune.

Ahhhhh that new thread smell, Best title too :D

Does anybody fancy helping me out with the thorn thing for summoning pits? Tried helping someone else out with it yesterday and it didn't go too well....

I will be if you're up for it?

breakfuss

I got my first exotic bounty. Got three choices so can someone tell me which yields the best reward out of Light in the dark, Toland's Legacy, Dubious Task? Thanks.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Just did it yesterday.
I'm quite crap at PVP, so my only advice would be to not get discouraged if you start losing some progress on it. I went +2 and +9 in two matches, then fell all the way back to 0 the two ones. Started cursing a bit at the game and thinking I would never managed this, but I kept on playing because I also need some crucible marks for the last piece of legendary armor I'm missing. I slowly started making progress again, and at +17 I got really lucky and was finally matched with a team that knows how to play Control: we defended our two quickly acquired control points and destroyed the other team.
So, yeah, try to minimize your losses when you feel you're not in a good team, and wait for your good fortune.

It counts assists as kills also so just take AR and spray all over the map, throw grenades as soon as ready and you are done in two games.

I need this but I won't be on till about two hours time. I'll add you then and if you still need it we can run through it.

Skele7on

Banned
nearly done with my Bad JuJu bounty, shame the gun is going to rot in my storage.....

Until it's buffed...

What if they did a trade system where you had to trade equipment of equal rarities?

Like an exotic for an exotic. Legendary for legendary.

That way you still have to "earn" your weapons like they've been saying. This may have been suggested already, but just in case it hasn't…

Yeah but then you could trade something again and again until you got what you wanted.... It would add all kinds of weirdness, I'm a no thanks on this.

I got my first exotic bounty. Got three choices so can someone tell me which yields the best reward out of Light in the dark, Toland's Legacy, Dubious Task? Thanks.

Thorn, Bad Juju and the last one is Invective.

Invective is easily the simplest to complete and its pretty damn good. The other two are gonna get buffed so if you want a cool looking hand cannon/pulse rifle to stash away for later then go for it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
nearly done with my Bad JuJu bounty, shame the gun is going to rot in my storage.....

Until it's buffed...

Why not level it up fully, then let it rot
It's meh due to small clip, but it worked well for me in Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom