• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally had a chance to enter Crucible with my Grim Citizen III (GR3) in tow. I've been rocking the GR3 since week one of Destiny. I have become very attached to the gun and use it for just about every mode (Atheon's Epilogue gets more Raid time). I was very afraid of what Bungie did to it with the latest patch.

My first match was rough. I was getting way more assists than normal, it felt like it took forever to take down an enemy, and I was generally performing poorly in the match. It was also my first Crucible match since the weekend.

After that first match I was warmed up and was doing much better. I was finally able to get kills with the GR3. Of course, then it was very apparent that the gun did feel slightly less powerful. Instead of seeing the yellow "32" spill out of my opponents' heads, I was seeing "27." I still find the GR3 to be effective and I will continue to take it with me into Crucible. I know its feel, I know what to expect from the gun, and it fits my style perfectly.

X-Frame

For the 200 Nightfall kills bounty to get Pocket Infinity, if I go to other instanced story areas to kill those Level 28's are all the same Nightfall modifiers active in those story areas too? Like Void Burn and Lightswitch?

I have to admit, I'm slightly proud that I managed to reach level 30 and amass a large collection of legendary and exotic weapons and gear without the need to rely on alts, when there's people who have three alts and still haven't gotten shit from the Raid lol.

I gave up on the idea of having alts when I tried making one and only got up to level 8 with it before getting bored out of my mind and deleting it. How people managed to find the energy and will to create two alts and take them to level 20 is beyond me. The broken loot system in this game probably forced their hand, but RNG is still fucking many of them anyway.

Leveling alts is brutal until you get to around level 14. I got there last night with my third character, almost gave up a bunch of times. But around level 14 is where all the good bounties start flowing in and you can start really jumping up. Not to mention... you just have to get to level 16 to be able to use the Stranger's Rifle which is a top tier weapon that will make whatever missions you have left in the game a piece of cake.

I've also had friends that run through the campaign missions with me so I can put them on Heroic and let my friends do all the work for the extra XP.

colinp

Banned
Aaaaahhhh shit, another exotic bounty!

Help! Which do I choose?

Shattered Memory Fragment
a Voice in the Wilderness
Tolands's Legacy

Thanks! Is there a video of the route?

I don't have a video link for my suggestion, but I have had a lot of success with the divide. Mats and chests usually spawn around the edge of the circuit with only a few obscure hidding spots. a single rotation should generally net 2 or 3 chests and 2 or 3 plants. There are also plenty of fast spawning enemies, a major or two, a public event ever 30 minutes and both the assassination patrol about 50% of scanning patrols are very close by. There are also plenty of long sightlines and stationary enemies which makes the precision kills bounty very easy and fast.

MaxiLive

I have to admit, I'm slightly proud that I managed to reach level 30 and amass a large collection of legendary and exotic weapons and gear without the need to rely on alts, when there's people who have three alts and still haven't gotten shit from the Raid lol.

I gave up on the idea of having alts when I tried making one and only got up to level 8 with it before getting bored out of my mind and deleting it. How people managed to find the energy and will to create two alts and take them to level 20 is beyond me. The broken loot system in this game probably forced their hand, but RNG is still fucking many of them anyway.

I wouldn't be able to cope with alts! Almost seems as bad as standing in front of a cave and shooting for hours on end.

I've been taking my time with the game with one character and just waiting for time to pass to get me level'd up rather than rushing with 3 characters, I'm currently 29 with only one more piece of raid gear to get which I may hopefully get this weekend........ Probably not but just maybe........ I've also got 8 exotics through bounties and Xur, plus one drop and one from a legendary.

Kind of run out of game though until new content as there isn't much more I need unless I farm ready for the new content which will then make the new content last a couple of minutes rather than hours due to having everything ready to go for launch day.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
On it, thank you!

Damn, this means I need to religiously check the vendor for rare fusion rifles, right?
You can even use your alt to buy the rifle and store it in the vault for your main character to use. You will get to 10 in no time.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Yeah, leveling an alt is really boring. I reached 30 with my hunter and have a massive collection too, but I kinda love playing as the warlock. I need that radiance self-resurrection. If I get good raid gear for my Warlock she's gonna be my main character.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guardian Radio with deej was pretty cool.

So..we have to decide where we take destiny.

Gonna give this podcast a shot. I don't know guys. I've been 28 for weeks. I don't have time to raid so I feel I've hit a wall on my progress. That said I really enjoy bounties, weeklies and dailies. Tiger Strike Playlist is fun too to get upgrade materials, engrams, and potential drops. I really wish there were more content but I'm enjoying Destiny and Diablo 3 together at the same time.

I still wish Destiny had truly randomized loot like D3. I think it would ease the lack of content.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
lolllll I was doing the daily mission on 28 and someone joined like 30 seconds before I finished, didn't even kill anything, and he got a Legendary engram and I of course did not.

fuck this fucking game's fucking RNG

fuck

I just have my Warlock girl and plan on keeping it that way. Even if I wasn't time constrained I wouldn't do alts. The feeling I get is that they would kill my enjoyment of the game pretty quick.

Hit level 29 today just in time for OT 8 to roll around apparently. I find my drive to continue playing this game dwindling slowly. Maybe I'm just burned out on it. My game time says I've played for 92 hrs so I got my money's worth out of the game. I suppose I may stop back by in time for the DLC if it turns out to be anything good.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I use one build, have 3 Raid pieces + Exotic helmet. Only need to play for shards to reach 30.

Decent collection of legendary and exotic weapons as well.

raindoc

I keep getting in-game error messages telling me my PSN+ account expired. Is that a Destiny or PSN problem? (yes, I'm not playing anything else atm).

EDIT: Also: is the Pocket Infinity worth getting after the patch?

Gonna give this podcast a shot. I don't know guys. I've been 28 for weeks. I don't have time to raid so I feel I've hit a wall on my progress. That said I really enjoy bounties, weeklies and dailies. Tiger Strike Playlist is fun too to get upgrade materials, engrams, and potential drops. I really wish there were more content but I'm enjoying Destiny and Diablo 3 together at the same time.

I still wish Destiny had truly randomized loot like D3. I think it would ease the lack of content.

An exotic and all legendaries, fully upgraded will get you to level 29. Though at 28 you should be able to clear the normal raid quite easily (if you have a group at the same level). The clear time for the raid is quite low if people are experienced.

Really, the only thing after level 28 is hard raid, so best to think of 28/29 as the cap and just focus on having fun and levelling weapons or trying out other classes.

I will aim for level 30 for each class. I already have them all upto 20+, so it is just a matter of gear and I really just spend my time in crucible and tiger strikes, while attempting to solo dailies, weeklies and the nightfall with a raid join here or there.

I love the gunplay in this game and after well over 100 hrs, I am still enjoying trying out new weapons and abilities.

only took 12ish hours of grinding to get my alt up to 20. first raid with her dropped the item i needed for 30 and that was the end of it.

still think it's dumb. getting to 30 shouldn't be a simple matter of RNG or grinding. you should have to beat the raid on heroic while meeting certain conditions for your last piece to drop.

heroic clear: drops leg armor and timebreaker
heroic clear with no conflux sacrifices: drops gauntlets and heroic weapons
heroic clear with no conflux sacrifices or templar teleports: drops chest armor and heroic weapons
heroic clear with no deaths, teleports or sacrifices: drops helmet and mythoclast

notice how you can still hit level 30 with this system before you vie for the no death helmet/mythoclast run.

Our team for the Atheon cheese is full, but don't worry, I have another Atheon checkpoint on hard with my alt. I'll do another run whenever this one is done.

Zakalwe

Banned
What's everyone's average lifetime k/d?

My overall is 1.94.
My control games drag it down as (for some reason) I play a little too recklesssly in control and the average there is 1.47.
Clash is 2.29
Skirmish 2.68
Rumble 1.94

Not into bragging, I generally ignore lifetime stats but I'm curious how good our regular members are.

Also please mention how often you go in with a full fireteam. I tend to play Skmirmish with full, but I play about 50% of my clash and control solo and Rumble almost always solo.

What's everyone's average lifetime k/d?

My overall is 1.94.
My control games drag it down as (for some reason) I play a little too recklesssly in control and the average there is 1.47.
Clash is 2.29
Skirmish 2.68
Rumble 1.94

Not into bragging, I generally ignore lifetime stats but I'm curious how good our regular members are.

Also please mention how often you go in with a full fireteam. I tend to play Skmirmish with full, but I play about 50% of my clash and control solo and Rumble almost always solo.

Average lifetime is currently 1.84. I tend to go into Crucible alone most of the time.

Control is 1.69
Clash is 2.06
Rumble is 2.18
Skirmish is 1.63

Wow your preaching to the choir it boggles my mind how some ppl even have the time to create and level an alt to 20

After 35Hrs I finally get my first Legendary Engram, and what luck, I happens to be for a helm, the only gear slot I have that is still rare. So, I go to Rahool with a big smile on my face, ready to hit full Legendary and.... Fuck, the helm is for a Warlock, I am a Hunter. Damn you Rahool.

colinp

Banned
You can even use your alt to buy the rifle and store it in the vault for your main character to use. You will get to 10 in no time.

Is it more likely to appear with an alt? I don't understand the reason for this. You mean because of space on my main?

Ok, this is retarded.

Two of my perks in the second column on my Hawkmoon increase my Range and accuracy.

First world problems.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ok, this is retarded.

Two of my perks in the second column on my Hawkmoon increase my Range and accuracy.

First world problems.

This happens with quite a few weapons, upgrades with the exact same description and no noticable difference.

Has anyone worked out if there is a difference?

*Splinter

Got my second char to 30 last night :D Hoping to get my third 29 in time for tomorrow's hard raid.

Also lol at the butchered thread title.

LiK

Ok, this is retarded.

First world problems.

This happens with quite a few weapons, upgrades with the exact same description and no noticable difference.

I love how you pick between the different perks and the bars for the stats don't even show a difference. What's the fucking point.

WITHE1982

Wow your preaching to the choir it boggles my mind how some ppl even have the time to create and level an alt to 20

I did it recently. Took me a total of 8 hours to get my alt hunter up to level 24.

I did want another character for weekly missions at some point, as I always seemed to be short of strange coins on a Friday. RNG basically forced my hand as I had a full set of exotic and legendary armor for him before I even started.

It does come in handy but I'd never put more than a couple of hours a week into him.

I love how you pick between the different perks and the bars for the stats don't even show a difference. What's the fucking point.

I know the first column is like this, but i'm talking about the second column where the increase is stat is pretty big.

*Splinter

They are different sights (or sometime barrel or bullet types). Some do have very similar stats and it's random which ones you get (except on Exotics?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom