• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
My build really sucks right now: My gear is focused on the wrong skills (discipline is just +36%), and I've got a bunch of redundant weapons in terms of damage type. (I try to have one exotic of type A and one legendary of type B for each weapon type)

But know you what, it doesn't really matter. I'm going to stick with it. I'll be playing this game for many months, and over this course of time, I will gather plenty of weapons, gear, XP and ascendants. At some point, getting new gear and fully upgrading it will be a breeze.

Yeah my gear is focused on the wrong skills as well :/ but it allows me to be lvl 29 whenever I maxed out my helmet. With that, I am hoping to be able to get the raid armor next week.

Marvel

could never
I just bought green, lol.
iVA2Qor7SIhGP.gif

I'll will be among your tanks by tonight, as I plan to pick up the PS4 bundle this evening.

My question is, what should (can) I do first? The story? Or skip it and do online? Will me choices beer limited until I get to a certain point in the story? Thanks!
Keep in mind:

Your level, enemy level:
One level lower than the enemy: You do 70% damage, they do 100+% damage to you
Two levels lower than the enemy: You do 60% damage, they do 100++% damage to you
Three levels lower than the enemy: You do 50% damage, they do 100+++% damage to you
Four levels lower than the enemy: You do 0% damage, they probably one shot you

So always try to do missions your level or lower, or it will feel very hard and broken and will take a long time to complete. If all missions are above your level, work on bounties. Crucible (PvP) is a sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow way to level up.

Is the Warlock helm (Light Beyond Nemesis) worth it from Xur?

I'm currently levelling up my Warlock but not sure if there is a better exotic armour for them.

Heart of Praxic Fire if you're a Sunsinger
Voidfang Vestments if you're a Voidwalker

Both chest pieces, roll the exotic chest Engram if you've got the Motes of Light. Pray to RNGesus.

Ikkarus

Praxis of Fire is better, I wear it and it's fantastic.
Ok cool, thanks. :)

Does anyone fancy doing a nightfall run? I'm only a lowly 27 but I've done mutiple runs of it before. PS4 and my PSN is Ikkarus, drop me a message if anyone is interested.

Tovarisc

Both chest pieces, roll the exotic chest Engram if you've got the Motes of Light. Pray to RNGesus.

Just pray? So... I should stop goat sacrifices?

i got the truth, hope it's worth it.
hope to get an exotic scout rifle soon.

Score "Vision of Confluence" from VoG, legendary scout rifle, and you have properly games best scout rifle at that point. Full auto, fire damage and insane mag capacity.

Maledict

The problem is you really want an exotic head piece if your goal is to hit 30, and the warlock hats seem very underwhelming overall. I think I'm going to chance an engram roll to see if I get the heart, and otherwise buy the hat so I can focus on getting the raid gear drops and hitting 30 ASAP.

Ambitious

I hope at some point they address the rampant camping. I usually don't play shooters - how do other games deal with this?

I've got a very vague memory of a game which would visually and audibly announce campers and show their positions. Was it Counter Strike? I can't remember.

Tovarisc

BTW how do you guys manage to upload screenshots etc from the game to here?

On PS 4:

If 1-2 pics I upload them into Twitter, save to HDD in original resolution, reupload to imgur and then link to here.

If multiple pictures I copy them to my USB stick, sort them out, pick ones I want, upload to imgur and then link to here.

I hope at some point they address the rampant camping. I usually don't play shooters - how do other games deal with this?

I've got a very vague memory of a game which would visually and audibly announce campers and show their positions. Was it Counter Strike? I can't remember.
all sniper rifles when aimed turn into a giant spotlight. both good in bad in that you don't realize that giant spotlight is a person, or you obviously know that spotlight is a person and shoot them right away

Of course Xur would be selling the same rocket launcher that I got from the nightfall this week. And to make matters even worse, the raid keeps giving me the fully automatic scout rifle, even on hard smh. I have four of them now

EL CUCO

Already had Truth but these coins were burning a hole in my pocket.

Bought the Titan chest (since its probably the best Titan armor in the game) for whenever I build a Titan.

Got the chest engram because God knows there's no shortage of Motes of Light in my inventory. Ended up with Voidfang chest, which is pretty cool for when I Voidbro.

Lasty, a whole bunch of weapon telemetry. Hopefully I can upgrade this Vision on Confluence and Shadow Price quicker with it.

Is the Warlock helm (Light Beyond Nemesis) worth it from Xur?

I'm currently levelling up my Warlock but not sure if there is a better exotic armour for them.

IF it helps, I did the math on the difference in cooldowns on when you have Heart of the Praxic Fire on or not, and you only miss out on one grenade, at max discipline. Not sure about lower discipline.

Regardless, Praxic Fire is a fantastic exotic. If you don't have that though, go for Nemesis.

neoism

guys are the telemetry items worth getting thinking of getting a few for my suros??? how much faster does it go up once used?

Dunlop

I just bought my faction chest so I'm not really caring to roll the dice on another

The warlock helm has only strength on it ; (

I'm only level 25, is it worth it just to get my level higher or should I wait?

I have 162 marks atm, I need to grng another level of vanguard rep to use it

Zdrutz

Banned
Hello XBONE Destiny GAF!

Anyone got a checkpoint I could grab on Atheon Hard (lol, how that sounds) ?

If so please donate by messaging me your gamertag here via PM or sending me a message on XBL: StoneSarge89

Thanks in advance!

just go awaken the hive, primaries are so easy to lvl

Man your definition of easy and mine are like two completely different things. Exotics are a ridiculously stupid grind to lvl. To max out and exotic you'll need 190,000xp, the thralls give you 20xp a pop regardless of difficulty and the elites give between 55 and 65. Let's assume you do a perfect run which is like 30 or something kills I think (might be wrong haven't done it in a while), You'll be getting about 600xp a pop. You'd need to listen to dinklage say we've woken the hive at least 316 times. That does not seem like it's easy to me dude.

Marvel

could never
I still find people's willingness to go head into the bubble disconcerting

The dude getting shot while dancing was classic though lol

I was pissing myself laughing I can tell you that.

And yes, people always try their luck and come in my bubble.

Bought the truth and the helmet for my warlock. Took out the sun breakers for a pair of purple gauntlets, put on the helmet, I'm brought back from level 28 to 26. Sigh...

Jito

Banned
So finally got my own PS4 and Destiny, having to start the game over again kinda sucks, I was nearly 29 on my mates PS4! So about the opening cutscene, why is Dinklebot being hunted by Fallen?

Marvel

could never
So finally got my own PS4 and Destiny, having to start the game over again kinda sucks, I was nearly 29 on my mates PS4! So about the opening cutscene, why is Dinklebot being hunted by Fallen?

He slept with the Fallen Captain's mother the previous week.

Bought the truth and the helmet for my warlock. Took out the sun breakers for a pair of purple gauntlets, put on the helmet, I'm brought back from level 28 to 26. Sigh...

Wonderful design isn't it? Hope you enjoy grinding for shards and mats all over again. Destiny a lootbased game in which picking up new loot sets your progress back several weeks.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I still find people's willingness to go head into the bubble disconcerting

The dude getting shot while dancing was classic though lol

Yeah, I don't know why people still try. I'm surprised he didn't throw his grenade at the guy he was waving at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom