• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

What's everyone expecting from this weeks weekly update? I'm hoping for the next event schedule (with even more queens wrath and iron banner coming up probably).

Hotfix: none of the vault of glass bugs are fixed and new ones are created, the net code gets worse, and we destroyed all your latest cheese strategies because important priorities...

What's everyone expecting from this weeks weekly update? I'm hoping for the next event schedule (with even more queens wrath and iron banner coming up probably).

Fuck. I'm a monster!

I'm expecting Deej to address the Mythoclast nerf by telling us to 'Be Brave'.

E92 M3

Got my first exotic bounty last night after a lot of play time.

Saw someone here post to turn in five bounties at the same time and turn them in as quick as you can press the button. First time I did this nothing, second time it worked.

Not sure if that's a sure fire way to get one but I've turned in tons of bounties before this and 1 out of two times trying that method is pretty good for me.

Of course it's probably all luck.

With my experience, getting the first exotic bounty is the hardest. After that, they just come in droves.

--

Something silly/fun happened this morning: Every Friday I have the tradition of trying to find to where Xur is and seeing what has. Well, when I did it today, there were 3 people running behind me looking as well. It was quite funny have an impromptu Xur search with some random folks.

ShinAmano

Why is anything happening is Destiny? Hell I'm pretty sure the Fallen are good guys. They aren't even attacking or destroying shit on Earth. They just chill in abandoned buildings and defend themselves from these heavily armed jerks with magic rubiks cubes.
Wait...that isn't the real story?

Rubenov

The fuck is up with the legendary hard raid Titan helm?! I think I prefer sticking with my Vex raid helm. The exotic one looks cool. Also, 1000 glimmer says that the exotic Auto Rifle, which I'm 100% sure it's a hard raid drop, will get nerf in the future.

The Suros Regime? A guy on my team got it off a raid chest playing on normal this weekend.

jred2k

I got a second Hard Light out of a legendary engram last night. I already have the first fully upgraded, but it's so hard to bring myself to dismantle an exotic.

todd360

I have waited weeks for xur to sell sunbro armor. I have played the nightfall every week in the hopes of getting sunbro armor. No sunbro armor.

I just spent enough motes of light to get two exotic chest pieces thinking that maybe today would be my lucky day. Nope. Got unlucky raspberry and the titan armor xur is selling today. I don't have any alts and I don't want to spend hours grinding another character. I just want to be the best sunbro I can be guys.

E92 M3

If you are suggesting alts of the same class that is a really poor way to have to play this game.

That's what I am about to do - desperate to hit level 30 by finding the boots.

I have waited weeks for xur to sell sunbro armor. I have played the nightfall every week in the hopes of getting sunbro armor. No sunbro armor.

I just spent enough motes of light to get two exotic chest pieces thinking that maybe today would be my lucky day. Nope. Got unlucky raspberry and the titan armor xur is selling today. I don't have any alts and I don't want to spend hours grinding another character. I just want to be the best sunbro I can be guys.

Praise it bro, praise it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sweet!
uX5xMOc.jpg

Chest should be like this more often...

TheBear

So... My digital copy of Destiny just disappeared. I logged on to find Xur and then started playing the wwe network. I closed the application and then watched some wwe. I then noticed on the xmb that destiny was missing. Thought it was weird so I turn it off and on again and nope still gone. Looked through saved data etc and there's no destiny files at all. What the fuck. Have I lost my profile? Where the hell did it go?

Got my first exotic bounty last night after a lot of play time.

Saw someone here post to turn in five bounties at the same time and turn them in as quick as you can press the button. First time I did this nothing, second time it worked.

Not sure if that's a sure fire way to get one but I've turned in tons of bounties before this and 1 out of two times trying that method is pretty good for me.

Of course it's probably all luck.

There's no sure fire method. I had been doing that pretty much the whole time and not getting it. My first exotic bounty came from turning in one of two bounties I had on me. It's completely random.

So is every defense upgrade on legendary items 2 light, with the exception of the final one being 3? Does that hold across all legendaries and exotics?

I got the sunbro armour and i don't even sunbro :/

I'm gonna wait until i get a good void helmet exotic and max that out too though. Just means my Sunbro gear will be 29 as i don't think i'm ever gonna get the HM raid helmet.

Weekly Strike on alt was worth it :b

Sweet.

Sweet!
uX5xMOc.jpg

Chest should be like this more often...

The fuck kinda chests is that? i get a solitary green if my ass is lucky >.<

X-Frame

Can anyone confirm this actually? I was under the assumption that the more things you have to level up, the more the XP split.

This is what I have assumed since I read someone claiming this here a few weeks ago. Before that I would just equip anytning and everything that needed to level.

Is there any way to test is the 5,000 XP is split between all items or if all 5 items each get 5,000 XP?

Jaeyden

In the same boat sunbro. I have nearly full legendary armor for both Hunter and Titan in my vault because every Legendary engram I get decrypted is for another class. I am level 8 with Vanguard. Vanguard sends me Legendary Hunter and Titan armor. Tonight I am going to buy 3 chest engrams from Xur so that I will have exotics for the Hunter and Titan that I will never make.

Looks like it will be a pass this week on Xur for me. I am happy to keep the coins. Maybe I can take some time to level some alts. If you do all the bounties you can each day in PvE and just go through the story, is leveling still slower than PvP+bounties? I guess I can stomach some PvP if it really is the most efficient way to level alts.

cjp

In my view, if Xur has something that interests you, buy it - always.

Regret is a bitch, and I hear people all the time with 'I wish I bough this or that'. Just do it, worst case scenario you turned your easy to get coins into shards.

Yeah, I've gone ahead and bought it as I don't know when I'll get another chance for an exotic helm. Not keen on the pure Strength stat though, it's lowered my Intellect and Discipline down by about 20% on each now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

my hunter got your sunbro armor (Heart of the praxic fire) =(

I got the sunbro armour and i don't even sunbro :/

If only there was some sort of system, where you could exchange items. Obviously this is a grand concept that will take years if not decades to implement, but I have faith in the Bungie wizards. One day you will be able to exchange those items. Sort of like a trade. It'd be cool right?

E92 M3

So... My digital copy of Destiny just disappeared. I logged on to find Xur and then started playing the wwe network. I closed the application and then watched some wwe. I then noticed on the xmb that destiny was missing. Thought it was weird so I turn it off and on again and nope still gone. Looked through saved data etc and there's no destiny files at all. What the fuck. Have I lost my profile? Where the hell did it go?

That's very weird, but before you do anything I recommend researching it on google. Also, everything is saved on a server with Destiny - so don't worry about that. Check your purchase history?

wtf kind of chest is that? All I get is Glimmer and materials. Maybe a green-gram time to time.

It's a bonus (lucky) chest that appears sometimes. Quite fun to get.

--

Another week went by where Xur had nothing I 'needed'. Did buy the heavy ammo pack and scout rifle telemetry to just use some coins. Have 92 or so now.

Chest engram is very tempting, though.

pieman

Neo Member
This is what I have assumed since I read someone claiming this here a few weeks ago. Before that I would just equip anytning and everything that needed to level.

Is there any way to test is the 5,000 XP is split between all items or if all 5 items each get 5,000 XP?

I would of thought it was quiet easy to test, you would need twoof similar never upgraded guns/armour. then get a couple of bounties without them equipped. Turn in the first bounty with all three gun slots available for upgrade. see how much the never upgraded gun goes up. Do the same for the other gun but this time make sure the other slots are full of fully upgraded items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom