• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any better exotic Warlock helmets, this one feels Meh, but I feel I need to buy one, because raid gear helmets sounds rare unless I do hard raid, which I'm apprehensive to do unless my char is 29.

Dire Helm of Ahamkara and Apotheosis Veil are both better than Light Beyond for Warlocks, depending on your playstyle, and assuming your helm slot is going to for sure be your exotic armor slot.

You can get to 29 without any exotics, so don't make that be your decision to where Light Beyond. Get to 28 with vanilla legendary gear, then do the raid on normal to get raid gear (one piece) and that will get you to 29.

It isn't worth the time investment to upgrade a helm that is as 'meh' as the Light Beyond IMHO, unless you really want to spend hours doing bounties and farming loot chests only to stop wearing it next week or the week after when you get raid gear and want to switch back to sunbreakers or an exotic chest piece.

YES! Xur is selling Light Beyond Infinity, the exotic I wanted!

I know Xur likes to fuck with us when it comes to engrams, but last week I bought from him Voidfang Vestements which I wasn't really interested in. Well, he was right! I love that piece of gear now!

And now he's selling the helmet I wanted too! All praise Xur!

hydruxo

Xur selling Truth reminded me of a video someone posted on here a few weeks (sorry I don't remember who).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHZGY6_pkOw

I think I'm gonna go ahead and grab it. I came into Xur with 69 coins so even after buying Titan chest and Hunter helmet I'll still have 36 left after grabbing Truth.

I was going to ask if it was worth buying...this just confirmed it. Plus RL's are the only weapon type I don't have a a legendary or exotic for. Haha.

Quick question, will a maxed out exotic helmet, raid arms, legendary chest and a maxed without using ass shards legendary legs get me to lvl29? I am pretty sure it does but just want to double check.

excowboy

Sunbros, you won't like me - bought the helm and then took a roll on the chest engram - Heart of the Praxic Fire is mine. Now don't know which one to equip?!

I dislike that LBI has Strength, but IMO the perks it has are better the the other 2 helms. Revive faster and health from light orbs seem more useful than the others.

Oh yeah, I agree. The other two helms suck, in my opinion. I even hear the health regen cancels if you get shot while you're regenerating.

And luckily, the grenade difference between Praxic Fire and NO Praxic Fire isn't huge, so I'm excited to finally level a new exotic.

Not sure if serious...

I'm level 30, but I still really want get my hands on sunbro chest armor.

it's useless to me at least. already have lucky raspberry for my hunter and i don't care for the other one. no reason to gamble for either chest when the raid chest has better upgrades.

Quick question, will a maxed out exotic helmet, raid arms, legendary chest and a maxed without using ass shards legendary legs get me to lvl29? I am pretty sure it does but just want to double check.

Yes, you only need one exotic or raid piece to get to 29 if you have a full legendary set.

Do how much. More powerful is Gjallahorn than Hezen?

Is it just the tracking it has on it, or does it hit much harder too?

Edit: thanks Zoba.

So I take it wolf pack rounds out damage Hezen's Mirv Mini cluster bombs?

Gjallar is light years better than Hezen's if you ask me, and not just because of wolf pack rockets. It tracks pretty darn well, so you'll nearly always hit your target unless you haphazardly fire it off without at least pointing at your target.

My gjallarhorn does ~12,500dmg to Aetheon give or take on the initial blast, then all the wolf pack rounds do around 1000 to 1500. I can't figure out how many of those small rockets come out, but judging on damage spam popping up I'm guessing around 8 to 10. That means one rocket from my gjallar does around 20,000 to 25,000dmg to Aetheon, or the equivalent of two crits from Icebreaker, except that I don't have to line up and get a crit. I can just turn, look, and shoot off two rounds, then reload while jumping/dodging fire.

I seriously cannot overstate how powerful the Gjallar is in PvE. Hezen's veneance cluster bombs just drop straight down, meaning they sometimes don't even damage the enemy you initially shot at if it moves (think minotaur teleports), and it doesn't track meaning you may miss sometimes (or often depending on skill).

If Xur sells gjallar again, everyone, EVERYONE better buy at least one. Maybe two just to be safe.

Hyun Sai

I bought the Truth, never had any legendary Rocket Launcher (I wanted the homing), and it will do great with my new raid leggings with additionnal heavy ammo.

Ambitious

Achylophage Symbiote? Meh. Despite being a Gunslinger, I'd rather have the Mask of the Third man. It looks so much better. The Symbiote is the ugliest of all exotic Hunter helmets. But as I still don't have any exotic gear, I guess I've got no choice but to buy it..

Daemul

My exotic wishlist has now reduced down to Plan C, GH, Patience and Time and Helm of Saint-14. Once I get this shit I can retire lol

I'm also wondering if it would be better to ignore LMG's and just focus on Rocket Launchers, since they seem to be much more useful for higher level PvE content.

Rubenov

Yes, you only need one exotic or raid piece to get to 29 if you have a full legendary set.

Gjallar is light years better than Hezen's if you ask me, and not just because of wolf pack rockets. It tracks pretty darn well, so you'll nearly always hit your target unless you haphazardly fire it off without at least pointing at your target.

My gjallarhorn does ~12,500dmg to Aetheon give or take on the initial blast, then all the wolf pack rounds do around 1000 to 1500. I can't figure out how many of those small rockets come out, but judging on damage spam popping up I'm guessing around 8 to 10. That means one rocket from my gjallar does around 20,000 to 25,000dmg to Aetheon, or the equivalent of two crits from Icebreaker, except that I don't have to line up and get a crit. I can just turn, look, and shoot off two rounds, then reload while jumping/dodging fire.

I seriously cannot overstate how powerful the Gjallar is in PvE. Hezen's veneance cluster bombs just drop straight down, meaning they sometimes don't even damage the enemy you initially shot at if it moves (think minotaur teleports), and it doesn't track meaning you may miss sometimes (or often depending on skill).

If Xur sells gjallar again, everyone, EVERYONE better buy at least one. Maybe two just to be safe.

I can hit Atheon with 2 Icebreaker shots fairly quickly for ~11,500 damage per hit, and it's not even fully upgraded yet. Simple math tells you how much damage it can do in 1 go with 6 bullets before regen.

Thanks!
Achylophage Symbiote? Meh. Despite being a Gunslinger, I'd rather have the Mask of the Third man. It looks so much better. The Symbiote is the ugliest of all exotic Hunter helmets. But as I still don't have any exotic gear, I guess I've got no choice but to buy it..
Yeah I am def with you, I really want the Mask of the Third Man because it looks awesome. But I bought Achylophage Symbiote since it will let me reach lvl29 plus its better for PvE so I can attempt to do the raid on hard. Hopefully I will be able to join you guys on the hard raid next week..being lvl29 and full maxed out VoC I should be able to hold my own right?

Tovarisc

Should get the upgrade anyway and apply it to the Timebreaker when you eventually get it. And lemme tell you. Even without upgrade Timebreaker is pretty awesome

You can only upgrade Rare quality sparrow with Xûrs upgrade kits so because Timebreaker is Legendary quality it can't be upgraded further.

Don't waste coins on upgrade kit if you plan to use it on Timebreaker!

Rubenov

Sunbros, you won't like me - bought the helm and then took a roll on the chest engram - Heart of the Praxic Fire is mine. Now don't know which one to equip?!

Upgrade the helmet so you either don't have to complete the hard raid if you don't want to, or attempt it as a 30.

My exotic wishlist has now reduced down to Plan C, GH, Patience and Time and Helm of Saint-14. Once I get this shit I can retire lol

I'm also wondering if it would be better to ignore LMG's and just focus on Rocket Launchers, since they seem to be much more useful for higher level PvE content.

Don't underestimate LMGs. At least for the templar fight, I make my group switch out rockets for LMGs so we don't have any "Oh shit! ..... Oops" moments. When we did Flawless Raider it was mandatory that everyone put away their rockets and pull out void LMGs as soon as we got past the oracles at the templar fight, for the remainder of the raid, save for the lone gunman responsible for taking out the gatekeeper in the 2nd portal in the Vault during phase 1.

TL ; DR - always good to keep something like Zombie Apocalypse on hand, just in case.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm leveling a Titan alt and have a Helm of Inmost Light in storage, but I wonder if Armamentarium isn't better (mostly PvE considerations). Extra ammo and grenades sounds pretty great tbh, and it also isn't specific to the Striker spec. Worth getting if it means I won't be able to get the Truth?

I can hit Atheon with 2 Icebreaker shots fairly quickly for ~11,500 damage per hit, and it's not even fully upgraded yet. Simple math tells you how much damage it can do in 1 go with 6 bullets before regen.

The amount of players that are going to be able to consistently crit all 6 shots from their icebreaker (or even 4 of them) during the damage phase is pretty low. Even if you crit all 6 shots you're going to do rougly 12,500 x 6 (correct me if I'm wrong, I think 12.5k is the max crit when an IB is fully upgraded) when you max out its upgrades (aka 75,000 damage, or the equivalent of 3 or 4 rockets of mine). And I don't even have to aim really to do that damage.

Also I have 8 rockets due to armor increases to heavy ammo, so I can get 20,000+ damage six to eight times during the damage phase depending on if I'm dodging harpies, or 120,000dmg minimum before the next teleport, with up to 160k/180k max if I can get off all 8 shots. Even a player with no +heavy ammo armor would get 5 rockets off during damage phase, or 100k-125k total damage. That out classes 6 crits from an icebreaker.

I will forever preach the gospel of Gjallar.

What we need is a youtube vid of 6 people all using Gjallar (well 5, since one guy will have the relic) to show how fast he goes down. I bet it's one teleport after the initial one, maximum.

X-Frame

Happy Xurday everyone.

Is it me or have Titan's been consistently the most fortunate with Xur's givings? Only 1 repeat that I can remember so far.

Goign to farm helium in preparation for the Raid this morning. One quick question: If I begin the runs and there are no chests in the caves will they eventually respawn?

TTG

Is buying the Legendary Sparrow for 150 marks and upgrade for 23 coins worth it if I never raid? Is there a noticeable difference?

This seems like the thing to do when you have nothing else to spend currency on. Unless the sparrow turns into my spaceship and I get to fly around the planets, I wouldn't bother.

Bought a armor engram from xur and it ended up being for a different class. I honestly give up now. I've had the worst luck with this game yet.

Rock all 3 classes (if you have the time). I save legendary gear and now have two 28s (one soon 29 when I get the shards) and one 14. Having more characters greatly boosts your stash of strange coins.

Heh, just got a second Ice Breaker from a Clash match. Guess I'll just hand that off to my alt.

Wasn't even playing most of the match either because Bungie decided starting a match 6v4 was a good idea.

The amount of players that are going to be able to consistently crit all 6 shots from their icebreaker (or even 4 of them) during the damage phase is pretty low. Even if you crit all 6 shots you're going to do rougly 12,500 x 6 (correct me if I'm wrong, I think 12.5k is the max crit when an IB is fully upgraded) when you max out its upgrades (aka 75,000 damage, or the equivalent of 3 or 4 rockets of mine). And I don't even have to aim really to do that damage.

Also I have 8 rockets due to armor increases to heavy ammo, so I can get 20,000+ damage six to eight times during the damage phase depending on if I'm dodging harpies, or 120,000dmg minimum before the next teleport, with up to 160k/180k max if I can get off all 8 shots. Even a player with no +heavy ammo armor would get 5 rockets off during damage phase, or 100k-125k total damage. That out classes 6 crits from an icebreaker.

I will forever preach the gospel of Gjallar.

What we need is a youtube vid of 6 people all using Gjallar (well 5, since one guy will have the relic) to show how fast he goes down. I bet it's one teleport after the initial one, maximum.

Well what do you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKEaGBHVW4

They dropped Aetheon in 17 seconds on Hard Mode.

You'll note all the Gjallarhorn rockets and wolf pack cluster rockets flying toward him and exploding all over him in the vid. Fairly certain they had 4, if not 5 people using Gjallarhorn.

Edit: Just read the comments on that YT vid. I was correct, four people using Gjallarhorns.

You won't see him dropped in 17 seconds with Icebreakers on hard, I'll bet.

Proof positive Gjallar is the best exotic weapon in the game for raid purposes. :)

Where is Xur?

LbIhEv7.jpg

Tovarisc

This seems like the thing to do when you have nothing else to spend currency on. Unless the sparrow turns into my spaceship and I get to fly around the planets, I wouldn't bother.

Legendary sparrow + Xûrs upgrade kit still don't go together.

It's only for Rare sparrows.

The hell?

The upcoming DLC is PS4 timed exclusive? WTF?

Thought that... what. This is bullshit.

DLC is released for all platforms at same time.

DLC has some extra content that is timed for PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom