• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourobolus

Banned
How is Truth? I don't even have a legendary heavy weapon, so this is interesting...

Damn, I want the Titan Chest piece too. Anyone want to carry my Lv 24 Warlock through the Weekly Strike later? :D I need 8 coins.

Daemul

Bought the Titan chest (since its probably the best Titan armor in the game) for whenever I build a Titan.

ihAgXu7Js3Ymk.gif

I hope at some point they address the rampant camping. I usually don't play shooters - how do other games deal with this?

I've got a very vague memory of a game which would visually and audibly announce campers and show their positions. Was it Counter Strike? I can't remember.
I haven't found camping to be an issue at all. You can't avoid showing up on the radar unless you're a Hunter, and even then it's not Halo status camo.

Namikaze1

So pumped for the December expansion!
The fuck is up with the legendary hard raid Titan helm?! I think I prefer sticking with my Vex raid helm. The exotic one looks cool. Also, 1000 glimmer says that the exotic Auto Rifle, which I'm 100% sure it's a hard raid drop, will get nerf in the future.

I still find people's willingness to go head into the bubble disconcerting

The dude getting shot while dancing was classic though lol

Yeah, it's a bit surreal. You'd think people would learn, especially since after Xur sold Saint-14 Defender Titans were everywhere.

I also love when people think you won't come out of the bubble. Most aren't prepared for it so you can easily win firefights. Or just pop out and stick them with a Magnetic Grenade which is my absolute favorite thing to do.

Wonderful design isn't it? Hope you enjoy grinding for shards and mats all over again. Destiny a lootbased game in which picking up new loot sets your progress back several weeks.

I can already tell it really will take a few weeks to get these 2 all maxed out again. If I choose to level my armor up faster by unequiping my legendary and exotic guns which I was working on, I will be stopping the progress there too. But if I keep them on the XP will only be further distributed, therefore taking even longer. Destiny has me by the balls for dat grind...

So pumped for the December expansion!
I am really liking the T2 raid helmet for the hunter from the picture. Can't wait to see what it looks like Ingame.

Edit: I wonder if the level cap going to be increase and how that would work. Hopefully bungie won't make it lock behind the new raid.
they most likely will :/

E92 M3

Well I don't even have it upgraded or anything yet, but it handles exactly like my fully maxed The Devil You Know.

-Arc primary
-Firefly perk (precision kills cause target to explode)
-Outlaw perk (precision kills dramatically increase reload)
-Field Scout or Explosive Rounds
-Oracle disruptor

Sounds nice - I'll probably never get it. I've been wanting a good hc.

--

In regards to expansion, I won't be looking at the items. Leave the surprise for December.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Baboon error in the middle of the last public event I needed, awesome.

It was tempting, but I wanted to shoot the punk in the face instead lol.

That's always fun too.

Yeah, that works too, lol. And yeah, titan strikers usually are the ones to end my bubble. I have a good amount of bubble clips, I should make a compilation.

I can already tell it really will take a few weeks to get these 2 all maxed out again. If I choose to level my armor up faster by unequiping my legendary and exotic guns which I was working on, I will be stopping the progress there too. But if I keep them on the XP will only be further distributed, therefore taking even longer. Destiny has me by the balls for dat grind...

It does have you grinding but I think you're in luck since it doesn't divide xp between the different things you're levelling. XP gains from killing enemies applies to all equipped armor, and the weapon used to kill them. XP from bounties applies to everything evenly. So a 5k bounty is 5k xp for all of your currently equipped items.

It does have you grinding but I think you're in luck since it doesn't divide xp between the different things you're levelling. XP gains from killing enemies applies to all equipped armor, and the weapon used to kill them. XP from bounties applies to everything evenly. So a 5k bounty is 5k xp for all of your currently equipped items.
I noticed this too.

For awhile, I was equipping maxed items with the exception of what I wanted upgraded the fastest to try to level it up quicker. But it seems they level up the same no matter what. All that wasted XP :(

Can anyone confirm this actually? I was under the assumption that the more things you have to level up, the more the XP split.

todd360

I have enough motes to try to get the armor I want today. I have enough for two chances. So there are six chest pieces and just one that I want. So the odds aren't in my favor.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I noticed this too.

For awhile, I was equipping maxed items with the exception of what I wanted upgraded the fastest to try to level it up quicker. But it seems they level up the same no matter what. All that wasted XP :(

i discovered this from the get. in fact, i used bounties for the sole purpose of leveling myself and weapons. so much so, if i had no weapon to level, i didnt even bother with bounties for quite some time. was waaaaaaay behind on factions/vanguard by the time i hit 20

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Can anyone confirm this actually? I was under the assumption that the more things you have to level up, the more the XP split.

it seems that way. i have three weapons to level and its been painfully slow with bounties. MUCH slower than when i only have one i need to level. anecdotal, but seems to follow what you mentioned.

cjp

I'm glad there's a Warlock helm at Xur. It's not the one I wanted, but it's better than none at all.

How does it stack up against the others? Is there any chance the stat will change from Strength to either Intellect or Discipline? I guess not. Still, it makes sense to buy it, right? The raid helmet won't drop unless you're on hard and it's all down to luck then anyway...

I should buy this helm for my Warlock, right GAF?

Right?

Melchiah

Are the servers working properly today, and what's the time Xur appears? Finally got enough Strange Coins for an exotic weapon, and I hope there's something I'd use available in his inventory.

Got my first exotic bounty last night after a lot of play time.

Saw someone here post to turn in five bounties at the same time and turn them in as quick as you can press the button. First time I did this nothing, second time it worked.

Not sure if that's a sure fire way to get one but I've turned in tons of bounties before this and 1 out of two times trying that method is pretty good for me.

Of course it's probably all luck.

I'm glad there's a Warlock helm at Xur. It's not the one I wanted, but it's better than none at all.

How does it stack up against the others? Is there any chance the stat will change from Strength to either Intellect or Discipline? I guess not. Still, it makes sense to buy it, right? The raid helmet won't drop unless you're on hard and it's all luck anyway...

I should buy this helm for my Warlock, right GAF?

Right?

In my view, if Xur has something that interests you, buy it - always.

Regret is a bitch, and I hear people all the time with 'I wish I bough this or that'. Just do it, worst case scenario you turned your easy to get coins into shards.

Acrylic7

So finally got my own PS4 and Destiny, having to start the game over again kinda sucks, I was nearly 29 on my mates PS4! So about the opening cutscene, why is Dinklebot being hunted by Fallen?

Why is anything happening is Destiny? Hell I'm pretty sure the Fallen are good guys. They aren't even attacking or destroying shit on Earth. They just chill in abandoned buildings and defend themselves from these heavily armed jerks with magic rubiks cubes.

Jito

Banned
What's everyone expecting from this weeks weekly update? I'm hoping for the next event schedule (with even more queens wrath and iron banner coming up probably).

Why is anything happening is Destiny? Hell I'm pretty sure the Fallen are good guys. They aren't even attacking or destroying shit on Earth. They just chill in abandoned buildings and defend themselves from these heavily armed jerks with magic rubiks cubes.

Fuck. I'm a monster!

Are the servers working properly today, and what's the time Xur appears? Finally got enough Strange Coins for an exotic weapon, and I hope there's something I'd use available in his inventory.

He appears at 5am eastern, and has been up for a few hours now. He's in the wing to the right as you enter the tower, just past the first hallway.

hydruxo

In my view, if Xur has something that interests you, buy it - always.

Regret is a bitch, and I hear people all the time with 'I wish I bough this or that'. Just do it, worst case scenario you turned your easy to get coins into shards.

You're right, but worst case scenario is not having enough coins for something next week you really want. Thankfully you get 9 coins from the weekly heroic, so that helps offset buying something quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom