• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
It figures Xur would be selling he one exotic Warlock helm I want when I'm short on coins. Anyone on X1 want to run the weekly strike with me tonight?

So this is early, but how do you guys think Bungie will treat progression from Destiny to Destiny 2. Will they just give everyone an emblem based on what was achieved and call it a day? Or will we get some more serious rewards for playing the first one.

Really curious too. There has to be SOME kind of progression but I have no clue how they'll handle it. Maybe they'll let you transfer your characters over and have difficulty options for story missions and such open from the get go. I'm more curious how they'll handle level progression once the cap is heightened. Your suggestion of 2 for the regular and 3 more with light sounds pretty plausible.

Proxy

I'm grabbing Truth and then the other when it's available. I figure after a few more weeks I won't need any more of the armor to buy so all that is left is Weapons, which are at most 23 coins and I can earn 27 a week minimum anyway so I'll always be able to buy whatever weapon from here on out.

Then once I've gotten all the exotic weapons then I can spend on the Sparrows. After that, no idea? Tons of telemetry packs.

Yeah I guess it's not really hard to for me to get the necessary strange coins each week it's more of a "If I wait till next week I'll have even more strange coins" mentality that makes me hesitant to buy an item I'm not hugely interested in. Gjallarhorn on the hand...

But really I just want The Last Word, Xur.

Locations for Helium Filaments.

Does anyone have maps for Spin Metal, Iron Relic, and Spirit Loom? I know the farming rounds for Mars and Venus, but it would be nice to have maps for all the locations.

I image searched the ones you posted and found this link.

EDIT: Seems it's an ongoing project though :/ Best bet right now is to look up youtube routes.

Bizazedo

I am now 1/6 on exotic engrams turning into items for my Titan. My future alts will be happy, though.

I tell myself I am just using them as expensive ways to level my Cryptarch.

ocean

Banned
Literally the worst thing about this goddamn game is how it deals with AFKers. This shouldn't be that hard to fix. I've never run a Tiger with a fully active team.

Flo_Evans

Truth vs. Gjallarhorn?
How wins?

I'm thinking about buying Truth this week but not sure.

Truth has seeking and proximity detonation, better for single targets?

Gjallarhorn rockets split and might be better for crowds? Although it is supposed to be super good on bosses too.

IDK I have truth but I haven't fully leveled it yet, I was working on the raid RL 1st.

Does anyone think Bungie will buff the Vex back, just a little, based on the uproar from the forums? It's a weapon that can be obtained only from beating Atheon on hard, and now it's utterly useless. It's supposed to be a little OP... do you think the Atheon cheese made them do this?

So what do they do? Stand firm on their nerf? Buff it back a bit?

They've set an awful precedent here - they are willing to cripple the ultimate end game prize in the name of fixing an exploit.

Not only did they do that, but they failed to fix the actual exploit. Meanwhile, more of these weapons are dropping.

If they had the intention of returning the gun to it's former glory, they would have at least temporarily removed it from the loot table and announced that they were doing so.

Essentially, they've done the exact opposite of what they should do.

- set a precedent that epic rewards can be changed at the drop of a hat
- did not fix their bug
- punished players who don't even play PvP with a nerf to the gun in PvE
- didn't remove the weapon from the loot table to at least cut off the supply of it short term

So what can they do now? They've mucked it all up and created a lot of bad blood.

Worst of all, the overall impression is that it was a capitulation to the PvP community which whined loudly since they can't get the weapon as they don't PvE, and were getting destroyed by it.

LiK

Literally the worst thing about this goddamn game is how it deals with AFKers. This shouldn't be that hard to fix. I've never run a Tiger with a fully active team.

There needs to be a timer for AFKers. Maybe 60 seconds at most. This should be done for people not in a party.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dammit. thanks gutter boy for doing the dirty work with the item xp. I can't edit the tip part where I say to do it the opposite way...
Edit: also, thanks to Hawkian for the awesome post 20 guides
Thank you! I'm heading out for the weekend but feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Edit:
Truth vs. Gjallarhorn

Gjallarhorn is better. But Gja is solar and truth is Void. if you don't already have a badass void heavy it's awesome to get.

Deku Tree

Truth vs. Gjallarhorn?
How wins?

I'm thinking about buying Truth this week but not sure.

Gjallarhorn has more power, takes away more HP. Truth has advanced target seeking, so its harder to miss if your target moves. Each has different elemental damage so each is good for different hard missions.

Rixxan

finally hit up the crucible after the hotfix

ugh

as a Grim Citizen user who's used to dropping games in this realm http://www.filmcrue.com/img/images/55424deb91222f0fe8e133f45cd26077.jpg

i'm extremely disappointed

It feels like this gun more than most has been nerfed because of its already low stability statline, couple that with the reduced damage and general increase in difficulty to rattle off a headshot burst from any decent range and the gun is effectively gimped beyond recognition.

I just dont understand because the Suros Regime was arguably the main culprit that inspired this hotfix and its the gun that seems to have suffered the least from this whole ordeal. I really wish they just reduced the range on AR's.

Oh well looks like i'll be using my Lord High Fixer until I finally luck out and get a Regime

dB Viper

They've set an awful precedent here - they are willing to cripple the ultimate end game prize in the name of fixing an exploit.

Not only did they do that, but they failed to fix the actual exploit. Meanwhile, more of these weapons are dropping.

If they had the intention of returning the gun to it's former glory, they would have at least temporarily removed it from the loot table and announced that they were doing so.

- did not fix their bug
- didn't remove the weapon from the loot table to at least cut off the supply of it short term

So what can they do now? They've mucked it all up and created a lot of bad blood.

Worst of all, the overall impression is that it was a capitulation to the PvP community which whined loudly since they can't get the weapon as they don't PvE, and were getting destroyed by it.

Can't argue with anything here. Agreed on all points. Well said.

And in my opinion, Bungie's ego is so huge I doubt they retract what they've already done, even though it's BS.

E92 M3

I dunno. That's why I think I'd prefer the WoW route. Just have expansions that significantly expand on the same game. I think Destiny would benefit from a consistent, unified, and constantly growing and changing world.

Ugh, I don't even want to think about abandoning my characters yet...

I really hope that there's some sort of bonus or crossover.

I would love for there to be crossover and progression, but the reason I am worried is because on the consoles they want new customers coming back as well. How can they balance it where the veterans get the bonuses and keep their characters, but the new users have a pleasant experience as well. How do they balance the new content with our buffed characters from the first one? I've never played any MMO so am curious about how this will get resolved.

Pretty sure the plan is chars/levels/etc carry over

Did they state that somewhere? Would be great and certainly keep retention.

Really curious too. There has to be SOME kind of progression but I have no clue how they'll handle it. Maybe they'll let you transfer your characters over and have difficulty options for story missions and such open from the get go. I'm more curious how they'll handle level progression once the cap is heightened. Your suggestion of 2 for the regular and 3 more with light sounds pretty plausible.

I hope they take my suggestion. It would guarantee everyone 2 new levels and leave something to work for.

I am pretty sure they will address AFKers in the next big patch.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I mainly picked up Truth to use on minotaurs/praetorians

But that means you can't have an exotic weapon as your primary or special... that's why I can't see myself ever using it over a normal legendary void rocket launcher.

Iceman829

So this is early, but how do you guys think Bungie will treat progression from Destiny to Destiny 2. Will they just give everyone an emblem based on what was achieved and call it a day? Or will we get some more serious rewards for playing the first one.

I was expecting only a pair of green pants

purg3

slept with Malkin
nothing for me from Xur this week. Going to pass on the launcher. Got the raid launcher this week and would rather have ballerhorn if going for an exotic launcher.

E92 M3

- did not fix their bug

Every time I'm reminded that the Mythoclast is useless I get so mad!

hydruxo

But that means you can't have an exotic weapon as your primary or special... that's why I can't see myself ever using it over a normal legendary void rocket launcher.

Well I won't be using it at all times.

I'd use it during the spire section before VoG, then switch in Ice Breaker for Templar

Nameless

I find that one(sometimes both) person just ends up quitting more than anything. But there's definitely an up-tick in AFKers when the "complete any strike without dying" bounty is available.

Iceman829

It figures Xur would be selling he one exotic Warlock helm I want when I'm short on coins. Anyone on X1 want to run the weekly strike with me tonight?

I need to run the weekly strike on my titan still. Hit me up later on

2 chest engram
0 praxic fire.

;_; I knew that asshole would sell the helmet instead! At least he did the chest engram so I had a chance. I just needed six more motes to buy a third engram but I'm heading out of town tonight so no dice. I bet that third one would have been Praxic since I was already destined to not get enough motes ;_; So help me, he better sell it next weekend or I will enter the Destiny realm and shove whatever shitty alternative Warlock exotic he sells so far up his... you get the picture. At least I was able to continue the Bad Juju quest so not a complete and utter waste. I grabbed Truth as well since I am drowning in coins and it'll certainly better than the Rare level void rocket I'd been using. First exotic heavy, woo woo!

Juraash

Kinda like Xur's stock this week. I have enough coins and motes I may get the Warlock helm, Truth and the engram. I'll have to compare Truth to my current void launcher before I decide.

Can't argue with anything here. Agreed on all points. Well said.

And in my opinion, Bungie's ego is so huge I doubt they retract what they've already done, even though it's BS.

You know, I am with you - sort of.

I hate to refer to Bungie as a single entity. I know at least one person there on the dev team, and he seems like a very decent, upstanding fellow with all the right intentions and his head screwed on right. That being said, I don't know anyone else that well at Bungie so it's hard to say if they have ego driving these decisions or something else altogether.

The perception certainly not without some merit. I would prefer to say that these decisions are being made without care as to the impact of them for the most expedient result. In this case the decision seems to be more punitive in nature than something that repairs a problem.

"Oh ho! You cheesed Atheon! Prepare for your punishment!"

I got my Vex with a good strong group that did the raid properly. But I guess in Bungie's eyes I am in the minority and this blunt application of force to a broad group was necessary.

Bad blood.

It'll be perfect for me since I have Vision of Confluence and The Supremacy for the other two slots. Supremacy is far more spam-able against the bosses than Ice Breaker. I'd prefer Gjahhorn though, definitely picking it up whenever Xur sells it again. The question is how Truth will compare to the Raid Machine Gun but there are places where it's more useful to have have a rocket than MG and vice a versa.

Alucrid

Banned
I would like to see a match up between the two. Both fully loaded, firing into the same boss. See what the damage is. Also, the Hellzen since it has cluster bombs like gjalaphorns.

Helzen is nowhere near Gjallarhorn. I can't one shot minotaurs in the VoG with it like the Gjallarhorn can.

Flo_Evans

- did not fix their bug

Yeah it sucks. IMHO they should of never put the gun in the game like that in the 1st place. Based on their comments though they intended the hard raid to be much, much harder. I don't think they realized so many people would beat it already.

I also have to question their logic in letting people grab the checkpoint from others so easily. I had thought originally only the party leader got the checkpoint, they didn't see that people would find an easy way to beat the boss, then hand out the checkpoint?

Whatever! I am buying my 2x grenade chest and cheesing the fuck out of it this weekend. :p

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I can't stand farming spinmetal. The rocket yard route is supposed to be the best, but even that blows.

Flo_Evans

So many HC/SR users in PvP now. Makes me so happy. I really hope this is the end of the AR domination era.

I was really enjoying my lord high fixer in PvP. Felt like I earned every kill lol.

I just got the active radar perk unlocked too, going to be beast with that.

I constantly getting kicked out of party chat, can't rejoin my party right now.
My friends can't join my fireteam.
I'm getting kicked out of pvp half way through.

Am I the only one having these problems right now?

So do revive buffs stack for exotics?

I'm a Titan and I have the Crest of Alpha Lupi chest, which has the revive buff.

If a warlock fireteam member gets the Light Beyond Nemesis helm, is that a x2 revive buff for our group? Or does one cancel the other out?

Hiko

Banned
Got the void fang armor from xur. Looks like a dress. Think I will just buy the Batman helm. Looks Badass. Already have the skull helm but it looks terrible

Also got a MG from an engram. The deviant Gravity A. Seems legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom