• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

I was really enjoying my lord high fixer in PvP. Felt like I earned every kill lol.

I just got the active radar perk unlocked too, going to be beast with that.

Its great, i'm still averaging roughly the same KD and Score using it - its a ton of fun

im guessing you are using the range upgrade?

that being said i still feel like a proficient Suros Regime user has a significant advantage

Deku Tree

Yeah it sucks. IMHO they should of never put the gun in the game like that in the 1st place. Based on their comments though they intended the hard raid to be much, much harder. I don't think they realized so many people would beat it already.

I also have to question their logic in letting people grab the checkpoint from others so easily. I had thought originally only the party leader got the checkpoint, they didn't see that people would find an easy way to beat the boss, then hand out the checkpoint?

Whatever! I am buying my 2x grenade chest and cheesing the fuck out of it this weekend. :p

Firstly I think that is unfair. If only the party leader gets the checkpoint then the other people can just lose all their progress if they get booted and can't log back on or just have to go because of life. Second it can be easily cheesed by just changing the party leader a few times. Basically any system they can derive can probably be cheesed by resourceful gamers IMO.

Deku Tree

I can't stand farming spinmetal. The rocket yard route is supposed to be the best, but even that blows.

The rocket yard route used to be the best... but now so many people are constantly doing it that it is very hard to get all the drops... so it is now the worst IMO.

Have 62 coins but used my motes on 2 engrams, ended up with the titan body armor currently available and the warlock void body armor (forget the names off the top of my head). Not a bad result. hunter is my main, currently leveling the others.

They've set an awful precedent here - they are willing to cripple the ultimate end game prize in the name of fixing an exploit.

Not only did they do that, but they failed to fix the actual exploit. Meanwhile, more of these weapons are dropping.

If they had the intention of returning the gun to it's former glory, they would have at least temporarily removed it from the loot table and announced that they were doing so.

Essentially, they've done the exact opposite of what they should do.

- set a precedent that epic rewards can be changed at the drop of a hat
- did not fix their bug
- punished players who don't even play PvP with a nerf to the gun in PvE
- didn't remove the weapon from the loot table to at least cut off the supply of it short term

So what can they do now? They've mucked it all up and created a lot of bad blood.

Worst of all, the overall impression is that it was a capitulation to the PvP community which whined loudly since they can't get the weapon as they don't PvE, and were getting destroyed by it.

I'm really wondering if the engine is as flexible as it needs to be for a game like this. The quote about it being really hard to implement the Grimoire UI due to "coding" makes me very concerned. As a layman, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have left themselves the option to add a tab. It feels like the most basic of basic type of programming. Their web guys can do it, why can't their in-game guys do it?

Why can't they pull it from the loot table until Atheon is fixed? Why can't they just slap a Cabal Jet pack on him so he can't fall off? An exploit like that should be fixable within days and not have to wait for the weekly patch.

Sure, the game just came out, but I really thought with the whole "dedicated team working 24/7 on new content" they would have plenty of coders at the ready.

The rocket yard route used to be the best... but now so many people are constantly doing it that it is very hard to get all the drops... so it is now the worst IMO.
I just run around the perimeter of the area with the walker event. Seems to have a lot of chests and spawns around. You also get the target mission every once in a while there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So should i get Truth? I already have a legendary RL called Unfriendly Giant void damage and home seeking missles. What do ya think?
Nah. too much overlap UG is a great launcher.
So do revive buffs stack for exotics?

I'm a Titan and I have the Crest of Alpha Lupi chest, which has the revive buff.

If a warlock fireteam member gets the Light Beyond Nemesis helm, is that a x2 revive buff for our group? Or does one cancel the other out?
It's not like that. the buff applies to the person wearing it and doing the rezzing/being rezzed, not the whole party. do you mean one with one exotic rezzing the one with the other?

patchday

Literally the worst thing about this goddamn game is how it deals with AFKers. This shouldn't be that hard to fix. I've never run a Tiger with a fully active team.

The 3-4 times I've ran one of those strikes I've quit if I see someone AFK after 60 secs at mission start or if they're acting all shady (like seeing ... above their heads). Served me well. But alas, I dont really do strikes unless I need scrap metal

Flo_Evans

Its great, i'm still averaging roughly the same KD and Score using it - its a ton of fun

im guessing you are using the range upgrade?

that being said i still feel like a proficient Suros Regime user has a significant advantage

Just unlocked the range+, haven't really tried it. Most maps though I feel the range is fine, always equip a sniper for first light or bastion anyway.

My scores are all over the place. It seems like the game resets skill/matchmaking every time I enter the crucible. Some matches I hover around 1.0-1.5 some I dominate obvious n00bs and get a 2-3 with tons of kill streaks. Others I just get crushed and have like a .5

Could be me IDK, sometimes I play really aggressively and it pays off, sometimes I am really conservative and have a good KD ratio but low score.

But the game seems to be bouncing me around from "n00b" to "okay" matchmaking. Its probably just fucking random like everything else.

Is this Exotic Titan Chest that Xur is selling any good? Like, does it make a big difference on the ammount of ammo you carry?

I'm rocking a nice Helm of Saint and pretty satisfied with it, seems kinda odd to exchange my blindness-dealing bubble for carrying a little more ammo, tho it may be good in PvP.

Helzen is nowhere near Gjallarhorn. I can't one shot minotaurs in the VoG with it like the Gjallarhorn can.

Whoa, didn't know that the Gjallarhorn could one shot minotaurs. That said, two shotting them and not using up an exotic slot may be worth it, especially with three in the magazine?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably be on most of the evening from 4pm EST or so (with a break for dinner at some point).

Still need to do the Weekly Heroic and Nightfall and normal mode raid. Feel free to send me a friend request (or invite if we're already friends) if interested. Then just invite if you need one for any of those activities and I'll join from whatever I'm playing at the time (unless already in one of those).

PSN: dmaul1114

realcZk

Is this Exotic Titan Chest that Xur is selling any good? Like, does it make a big difference on the ammount of ammo you carry?

I'm rocking a nice Helm of Saint and pretty satisfied with it, seems kinda odd to exchange my blindness-dealing bubble for carrying a little more ammo.

Helm of Saint-14 is, imo, the best exotic piece for a defender titan. It enables you to use and abuse your WoD in very powerful ways. From pissing Zoba off in PvP :) to blinding and slowing down spawn points in the VoG, it's insanely powerful. It also regenerates your super energy so fast I normally have another shield ready by the time my first one is gone.

Armamentarium is really cool but just nowhere near the HoS14 in terms of power and versatility. I still picked it up in case I want to build around it in the future.

Mik2121

Not really but it would help, where's your Dualshock 4 throw-in single mic/earpiece?

Quoting again so you can see this more easily.

Thanks A LOT for your walkthrough. I didn't expect it to be this detailed!
After doing the run 3 or 4 times, I definitely memorized it. I will go through it for a bit to get my gear upgraded.

Also thanks for the comment at the end about helping with any other stuff. Really nice!

Oh, and sorry for the lack of mic. There were a couple times I wanted to say something and I would just be pointing somewhere or something, hahaha. One time I found a chest that someone opened all the way on the background but I was following you so I just left it, lol.

Again, thanks a lot for your time. Much appreciated!!

What are the perks on the Warlock helm Xur has? I can't get destinydb to work right on my phone.

-Increases melee attack speed.
-Replenish health whenever you pick up an Orb of Light.
-Keeper of the Pack: You revive fallen teammates faster and they revive you faster. Your super also spawns additional Orbs for teammates.

Helm of Saint-14 is, imo, the best exotic piece for a defender titan. It enables you to use and abuse your WoD in very powerful ways. From pissing Zoba off in PvP :) to blinding and slowing down spawn points in the VoG, it's insanely powerful. It also regenerates your super energy so fast I normally have another shield ready by the time my first one is gone.

Armamentarium is really cool but just nowhere near the HoS14 in terms of power and versatility. I still picked it up in case I want to build around it in the future.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, thanks!
Guess I will pass on Xur this week again, maybe get an exotic for a future alt.

noomi

Pass on Xur this week, saving my 23 coins for next time. Want either void drive, gjallahorn, or that 3 eye hunter helmet :D

Daemul

The results are in! XP applies equally across all items, it is not divided up.

xBQOzc4.gif

Nice, got a Lord High Fixer from leveling up my Crucible rep.

It's got Rangefinder, Send It and Reactive Reload. Seems pretty nice.

Also have a Red Hand IX with Spray and Play, Send It and Mulligan.

I'm assuming the Lord High Fixer is better but...any thoughts between those two?

Edit: Heh, then a blue primary weapon engram gave me Strange Suspect. Pretty nice stroke of luck there.

Booties

Banned
I had a friend point this out to me in the Beta, but I don't see it talked about much, so I thought I'd share with you guys in case you didn't know.

The game actually provides a pretty solid map for Old Russia. It gives it to you right at the beginning of the game even.

You can even see the paths through the Grottos and the Devil's Lair strike.

Wow, what a good map. This is literally the most useful thing I have ever seen.

realcZk

Defender sticky grenades (void damage) are very powerful in the VoG for Praetorians and Minotaurs, because on stick they cause the enemy to stop in it's tracks and cower. It drops shield then explodes again and does some damage. Depending on your role in the raid, having two grenades for this purpose can be very useful, especially if you have a lot of Disc. to lower your grenade cooldown. If this sounds fun to you, Armamentarium is probably worth the buy.

HoS14 is equally powerful in the VoG I feel, because not only does it give your team a buff - it can blind praetorians for as long as the grenade stuns them, buying your team some time to get some damage in.

I still think HoS14 is the best overall (it performs well in every scenario), but Arm. definitely has its uses.

I thought material details would be the same for each weapon, but I guess there are not. My Truth RL consumes spinmetal, while the one Xur is selling uses spirit bloom.

Nah. too much overlap UG is a great launcher.
It's not like that. the buff applies to the person wearing it and doing the rezzing/being rezzed, not the whole party. do you mean one with one exotic rezzing the one with the other?

Ah, right, good call.

So yeah, if I (Titan) revive a Warlock who has the helm equipped, does it THEN stack the buffs?

Man, I don't know how y'all are willing to risk the exotic engram. I JUST got 23 motes of light and am terrified to roll the exotic and RNG to shit on me with some other class's gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
armamentarium is an awesome cross-subclass piece. you might be missing the lead which is two grenades. great for a Titan that switches between striker and defender a bunch but doesn't want to swap exotics all the time like I will be.

but if you stick mainly to defender saint14 will do you just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom