• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The results are in! XP applies equally across all items, it is not divided up.

Edit: I threw the results up on /r/destinythegame as well.

So much wasted exp. :(

armamentarium is an awesome cross-subclass piece. you might be missing the lead which is two grenades. great for a Titan that switches between striker and defender a bunch but doesn't want to swap exotics all the time like I will be.

but if you stick mainly to defender saint14 will do you just fine

I stick to defender and use armamentarium. I like the double grenade too much.

Defender sticky grenades (void damage) are very powerful in the VoG for Praetorians and Minotaurs, because on stick they cause the enemy to stop in it's tracks and cower. It drops shield then explodes again and does some damage. Depending on your role in the raid, having two grenades for this purpose can be very useful, especially if you have a lot of Disc. to lower your grenade cooldown. If this sounds fun to you, Armamentarium is probably worth the buy.

HoS14 is equally powerful in the VoG I feel, because not only does it give your team a buff - it can blind praetorians for as long as the grenade stuns them, buying your team some time to get some damage in.

I still think HoS14 is the best overall (it performs well in every scenario), but Arm. definitely has its uses.

armamentarium is an awesome cross-subclass piece. you might be missing the lead which is two grenades. great for a Titan that switches between striker and defender a bunch but doesn't want to swap exotics all the time like I will be.

but if you stick mainly to defender saint14 will do you just fine

Great advice about the extra grenade, I totally forgot about it.
Now I'm thinking about purchasing it, double grenades make it a lot more appealing.

Maybe I'll buy it to use when rocking Striker on PvP.

A pretty mark from the Speaker? :)

I think the titan marks from the speaker are kinda ugly overall. :(

This, lol.

So I know people said I should go with the invective bounty but I really like the raid shotgun I'm currently rocking. Seems redundant. Oh well, definitely not messing with the juju joint after seeing the impressions here lol. What I really want is that shotgun that can be used as a primary.

I got universal remote the other day and it's worthless imo. Can't kill 2 feet away from me in pve. I was kind of shocked

Proxy

Well I just realized I've got three exotics for a Warlock. Heart of the Praxic Fire, Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Voidfang Vestments might be time to level my Warlock.

realcZk

Is it true that armor pieces bought from Xur usually have lower stat rolls than ones found in the game or from Xur's exotic engrams?

Reedirect

If anyone wants to join up, I'm doing the Raid on Normal in about 40 minutes and need 3-4 people. I probably won't be able to talk though, since my connection is plagued with NAT 3. PSN - Reedfgjj

I was hoping for Knucklehead to come up again, or at least the helmet engram. I have almost enough Motes to buy a Speaker cape. I'm debating which one now. Any suggestion?

didnt someone say motes of light will be used for that Trials of Osiris event thats upcoming?

could have heard wrong

I think that's just a theory that formed since there's not much to actually use them on at the moment. We have no clue how they'll handle tickets beyond knowing they'll be a possible drop in the Crucible once they're available.

Insaniac

Welcome to the 'sort of' exclusive club (until Xur sells 'em next week).

By far the best armor in the game.

Praise the Sun! You're gonna see a small influx of praxics possibly as they are gambling em from the engram this week

With max discipline and the armor, i can throw grenades nonstop with my super.... LOVE IT!

Iceman829

I was hoping for Knucklehead to come up again, or at least the helmet engram. I have almost enough Motes to buy a Speaker cape. I'm debating which one now. Any suggestion?

I picked up "Strength of the Pack" and like it. It goes well with my Crest of Alpha Lupi chest piece with the wolf on it.

So are Pulse Rifles outside of Red Death, viable for PVP? I almost never see anyone using them.

Not gonna lie, I was a dedicated Suros/Shotty user prepatch but I definetely feel the downgrade (or I was having a real bad night yesterday).

I'm alright with HCs but they aren't as good when facing down multiple targets and I have to work harder for every kill.

SRs are a similar thing where I feel like they really lack at close to mid/ aren't as good outside of 1v1 and my finger just gets worn out after a while having to pound the trigger so much.

I understand that ARs needed a nerf but as a solo pvper it kinda sucks that the combo I used to be able to turn to no matter the game or team I was playing against and still go positive is now only decent.

This wouldn't be as bad if the skillgap wasn't as huge as something like Titanfall meaning my team is useless way too often. It's absurd the amount of people I see who go both negative and fail to PTO.

Idk, probably just need to get used to the patch.

Am_I_Evil

so...should i buy truth for my level 29 Hunter? or the warlock helmet for my alt who is currently at 16 to be ready when i hit 20 (i've already got some blue level 20 warlock gear waiting for arms/chest)?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Worst of all, the overall impression is that it was a capitulation to the PvP community which whined loudly since they can't get the weapon as they don't PvE, and were getting destroyed by it.

I don't know if you've ever played MMOs before, but this is such a common complaint in any game that has both PvE and PvP components. It's not just weapon strength but also how skills operate.

I picked up "Strength of the Pack" and like it. It goes well with my Crest of Alpha Lupi chest piece with the wolf on it.

I was debating that one but the color scheme seems too flashy.

Also I'm upset at myself for not getting Iron Banner level 3. I really like the shader, so much better than Chatterwhite.

Pierate

So the archothingy symbiote hunter helmet, is it the best Gunslinger exotic right now (both for pve and pvp? I want to be able to switch subclass when I want without having to use Bladedancer exotics and it seems like a good choice with Xur selling it right now and everything. I'm not really low on coins so it wouldn't be much of a waste in case something better shows up either.

Man, I don't know how y'all are willing to risk the exotic engram. I JUST got 23 motes of light and am terrified to roll the exotic and RNG to shit on me with some other class's gear.
I've already got an exotic armor piece so I'm fine with it-- either I'll roll what I already have and break it down, roll something else I can use for different build options, or roll something I can either break down or save for an alt. I've got nothing to lose.

benjammin

Man I really want that Hunter helmet for the extra golden gun shot, but I'm two coins short. I think I'll struggle to cheese my way through the weekly at level 28 since I'm only a 25. Is there anything else that guarantees a strange coin? Tried running a few public events and got some shards but no coins. Is my best bet to run more public events and tiger strikes?

So the archothingy symbiote hunter helmet, is it the best Gunslinger exotic right now (both for pve and pvp? I want to be able to switch subclass when I want without having to use Bladedancer exotics and it seems like a good choice with Xur selling it right now and everything. I'm not really low on coins so it wouldn't be much of a waste in case something better shows up either.

It is the best for Gunslinger but I think the best overall helmet would be Knucklehead then if you are going to switch classes and don't want to worry about a class specific exotics

Pocket Infinity bounty was easy as shit. Took like 40 minutes total.

Too bad I didn't get it a week ago.

For the life of me I can't find any blue fusion rifles. I've had the bounty for a week. I guess I'm never online when the gunsmith sells them and I haven't had any drop for me since that time.

WITHE1982

Praise the Sun! You're gonna see a small influx of praxics possibly as they are gambling em from the engram this week

With max discipline and the armor, i can throw grenades nonstop with my super.... LOVE IT!

DentalIllAgama.gif

A flame hurling machine of death.

Rixxan

So are Pulse Rifles outside of Red Death, viable for PVP? I almost never see anyone using them.

Not gonna lie, I was a dedicated Suros/Shotty user prepatch but I definetely feel the downgrade (or I was having a real bad night yesterday).

I'm alright with HCs but they aren't as good when facing down multiple targets and I have to work harder for every kill.

SRs are a similar thing where I feel like they really lack at close to mid/ aren't as good outside of 1v1 and my finger just gets worn out after a while having to pound the trigger so much.

I understand that ARs needed a nerf but as a solo pvper it kinda sucks that the combo I used to be able to turn to no matter the game or team I was playing against and still go positive is now only decent.

This wouldn't be as bad if the skillgap wasn't as huge as something like Titanfall meaning my team is useless way too often. It's absurd the amount of people I see who go both negative and fail to PTO.

Pretty much agree with everything you said here, but I was under the impression that the Suros still gets the job done (few of my buddies have it)

MechDX

Combine my motes of light from both characters, gamble on the engram and guess what? ANOTHER damn exotic piece for a hunter. That is now 3 hunter pieces from Xur's engrams. RNG my ass!

Greenymac

so...should i buy truth for my level 29 Hunter? or the warlock helmet for my alt who is currently at 16 to be ready when i hit 20 (i've already got some blue level 20 warlock gear waiting for arms/chest)?

Id buy the exotic helmet....Im a level 29 warlock and this is the first opportunity Ive had to score an exotic helm. Get the headgear bruh.

JohnIIVII

Man I really want that Hunter helmet for the extra golden gun shot, but I'm two coins short. I think I'll struggle to cheese my way through the weekly at level 28 since I'm only a 25. Is there anything else that guarantees a strange coin? Tried running a few public events and got some shards but no coins. Is my best bet to run more public events and tiger strikes?

Tiger strikes are probably your best bet if you have already completed the lower level weekly strikes. Decoherent Engrams often turn into Strange Coins or motes of light and you should pick up atleast 2-4 engrams per strike. Or you could always beg someone to carry you through the lvl 28 strike ;)

LiK

So I got that exotic scout rifle from raid last night and was testing it out in a Strike in Figs' games. It's pretty good. Really looking forward to upgrading it. I want the radar stays active while zoomed in perk. Will make PVP even more fun hehehehe

JohnIIVII

The warlock exotic helmets are so dumb looking though. Especially the one they have on sale.

I agree but I have grown to like the look of Nemesis over time. I have already gotten 2 of them from rngesus. I think the skull one looks the best overall but even that isn't great. Titans have the best looking helmets by far.

Mindlog

It feels way too weak. I prefer my Zombie Apocalypse
I like the ZA as well. I only have one because I wanted arc damage and my other two HMGs are both Swarm. The Swarm is great and especially so in PvP. ZA is just about as good.

Going to be a tough decision between Truth and a Sparrow upgrade. I have a maxed Gjallarhorn, but Truth still has an appeal. Truth is a void damage rocket launcher which I don't have and it probably wouldn't be a bad hedge against any possible Gjallarhorn damage adjustments from Bungie.

cakely

Pulse rifles, for me at least, feel absolutely worthless.

Scout rifles got a needed buff and are now a great option at long range. Assault rifles are still great at medium.

I don't know where a pulse rifle is supposed to be appropriate.

Cruxist

Man, I don't know how y'all are willing to risk the exotic engram. I JUST got 23 motes of light and am terrified to roll the exotic and RNG to shit on me with some other class's gear.

Eh, I'm at the point where I'm actually buying mostly exotics for the other classes. I'm working on a hunter now and bought the helmet this morning.

Bought 2 engrams (since the game apparently wanted me to get only motes of light this week) and got Armamentarium and Lucky Raspberry. I'd count that a pretty good haul for one Xur visit.

Jaeyden

Don't understand the Xur hate going round here. It's still Rahool thats decrypting your fucking engrams into off class shit!

Goliath

Man...this game frustrates me. I joined a clan hoping to FINALLY get to do raids on the VoG but I guess all the people in the clan are college students because they are done by like 4pm. Anybody here that has a regular job with regular hours and wants to raid later in the evening or weekend please add me..

Warlock 28 PSN: Javy3

Navy Bean

Since im warlock only, its looks pretty cool ingame. Hopefully I can make a titan next but sigh no motivation.

The Warlock hard raid helmet is pretty cool, though. Just have to be lucky enough to get it. For some silly reason I got 2 from killing Atheon on the same raid.

Deku Tree

So I got that exotic scout rifle from raid last night and was testing it out in a Strike in Figs' games. It's pretty good. Really looking forward to upgrading it. I want the radar stays active while zoomed in perk. Will make PVP even more fun hehehehe

I got it too last night. Seems great. My only complaint is I wish it had full auto mode because I hate squeezing the triggers over and over in rapid fire. I think I might use vision of confluence over Midas if I had it because of that.

Man...this game frustrates me. I joined a clan hoping to FINALLY get to do raids on the VoG but I guess all the people in the clan are college students because they are done by like 4pm. Anybody here that has a regular job with regular hours and wants to raid later in the evening or weekend please add me..

Can you get the raid trophy by just beating Atheon all in a clan? I have a normal raid Atheon checkpoint and I'm looking to getting the trophy today.

LiK

I got it too last night. Seems great. My only complaint is I wish it had full auto mode because I hate squeezing the triggers over and over in rapid fire. I think I might use vision of confluence over Midas if I had it because of that.

Yea, full auto would be nice. I wouldn't mind picking up VoC as well.

Nope. Have to run the entire raid with members of your own clan.

Nope, you can just do it at the end. We had one guy change to our clan at final boss.

Iceman829

I was debating that one but the color scheme seems too flashy.

Also I'm upset at myself for not getting Iron Banner level 3. I really like the shader, so much better than Chatterwhite.

Nothing wrong with a little flash when using the hunter.

It also helps to remember the fateful battle of the Twilight Gap.It's just one of the many stories no one speaks of anymore, but there was a time when people spoke of Ana Bray and the bravery that was shown on that day.

Temidien

Neo Member

Regular job bro here, also looking to run raid on normal tonight and this weekend. 28 Hunter

PSN: temidien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom