• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I finally have Motes and Coins for Xur. So I assume the engram can go with way correct? In other words I have a good chance of not getting anything for my Warlock?

Also is the Light Beyond Nemesis worth it or better to wait?

Engram has a 33% chance to be for each class.

hydruxo

I finally have Motes and Coins for Xur. So I assume the engram can go with way correct? In other words I have a good chance of not getting anything for my Warlock?

33.3% chance you get an item for your warlock.

Iceman829

No, I mean Coins and Motes. If you can share them between characters then you can login with a different class and buy gear for that character with Coins/Motes earned with a different one?

Thanks for looking into this - put me in the 'loads of XP wasted' camp :(

Yes you can transfer coins and motes of light via the storage box. I do this with materials collected as well. The only non transferable items are marks earned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1/3 chance it'll be for your class or 1/9 chance that it'll be the specific exotic that you want.

Risk the engram before you buy the hat, as you will be stuck with 2 exotics and not know which to pick.
if that fails buy the hat.

DesertFox

What is the fastest pvp game mode to complete? Looking to get marks as fast as possible, but control seems like a very inefficient way to do this.

Is there another game mode that takes less time to complete a match on average?

ocean

Banned
Used Motes to roll the dice with Rahool. Got Voidfang Vestments. After getting Praxis Fire from the Nightfall, I'd say RNG has been good to my Warlock.

Flo_Evans

ah yes! Thats the chest I want for my titan!

Already got that rocket launcher.

Guess I will buy some telemetry and maybe a sparrow upgrade? You need the crucible or vanguard sparrow for that right?

Wait, people thought XP was divided? Hahaha. I always assumed 1000 XP earned meant 1000 XP gained by each of my equipped weapons and armor pieces.

Footos22

Light beyond Nemesis revives ppl super fast you don't even have to stop and risk yourself getting killed doing it.
handy for nightfalls. Is best looking warlock helm too.

Happy to provide the service! I happen to have two bounties, each worth 2,500 XP almost completed form this morning so I figured I would give it a quick test. I am relieved to see that equipping as much stuff at once was the right call. Makes it easier to level up gear that you are going to dismantle much more manageable. Shit, did we ever get confirmation on that as well? That full XP leveled gear dismantles into more ascendant materials?

Flo_Evans

....all the XP I've wasted.

6LpWZ8c.jpg

WHAT.

Hawkian you got some spalnin' to do!

CornDogg

Already have a void rocket launcher with homing rockets - Steel Oracle Z-11. Is Truth still worth it? Thinking of skipping and seeing if Gjalla makes a return.

Deku Tree

Wait, people thought XP was divided? Hahaha. I always assumed 1000 XP earned meant 1000 XP gained by each of my equipped weapons and armor pieces.

People in this thread and on reddit were claiming that they knew for a fact that XP was divided for a few weeks now and nobody that I know of until today said much of anything to contradict them.

I thought that too, but GAF told me I was doing it wrong, so I stopped. I blame GAF. I'm not believing a thing you guys say anymore without proof.

jk...we're cool GAF. Even if I had the XP, I wouldn't have the shards, energy, bloom, relic iron, ect.

EL CUCO

Whenever I turn in bounties I swap everything that needs XP, so I get the most out of it

Hell I even triple this requirement since 2 weeks ago by sending the guns to my alts when they turn in their bounties

So getting 30,000 XP on on my guns/gear everyday is hella good

I used to do this...till I read on
GAF
that it was split up

E92 M3

So this is early, but how do you guys think Bungie will treat progression from Destiny to Destiny 2. Will they just give everyone an emblem based on what was achieved and call it a day? Or will we get some more serious rewards for playing the first one.

Waldini

GAF, quick question;

I got the Voidfang Vestments Exotic item (Chest) for my Warlock. It looks great. However, can this Exotic piece be changed through a Shader? I remember my Titan Exotics barely did :(

Thanks!

X-Frame

So, pick up the Truth or wait for Gjallarhorn?

I'm grabbing Truth and then the other when it's available. I figure after a few more weeks I won't need any more of the armor to buy so all that is left is Weapons, which are at most 23 coins and I can earn 27 a week minimum anyway so I'll always be able to buy whatever weapon from here on out.

Then once I've gotten all the exotic weapons then I can spend on the Sparrows. After that, no idea? Tons of telemetry packs.

CornDogg

So this is early, but how do you guys think Bungie will treat progression from Destiny to Destiny 2. Will they just give everyone an emblem based on what was achieved and call it a day? Or will we get some more serious rewards for playing the first one.

I dunno. That's why I think I'd prefer the WoW route. Just have expansions that significantly expand on the same game. I think Destiny would benefit from a consistent, unified, and constantly growing and changing world.

FyreWulff

Pretty sure the plan is chars/levels/etc carry over

Fixed1979

Ugh, I don't even want to think about abandoning my characters yet...

I really hope that there's some sort of bonus or crossover.

Nameless

My main problem with an exotic heavy weapon is that I don't use heavy weapons that much so it seems like a waste of your exotic slot.

As a faithful Gjallarhorn user for several weeks now, I can say with confidence that it most certainly isn't. The thing might as well be renamed 'The evisceration button'. Press it and things get wiped from space & time permanently. As a Defender, being able to unleash a level of destruction that puts most supers to shame x5 is invaluable, plus when is it not fun to blow things up? Nevermind I wouldn't be gaining that much more, if anything, from exotic primaries/specials than I already get out of my Grim Citizen and Light/Beware.

You can do the normal raid at lvl 27 with no issues. My Titan was only 27 when I beat it with him over the weekend. It's more important to just be aware of the things around you and what your current job is. I wouldn't worry too much. Do your daily mission and the first gold public event from just the normal items and if you get lucky in the raid you will lvl up during it.

Yeah, I've been through the raid a few times before. Just never paid attention to how many shards I received so was curious to see what everyone else was coming up with. I'm level 28 now and want to be 29 before I run it in hard.

dB Viper

Does anyone think Bungie will buff the Vex back, just a little, based on the uproar from the forums? It's a weapon that can be obtained only from beating Atheon on hard, and now it's utterly useless. It's supposed to be a little OP... do you think the Atheon cheese made them do this?

So what do they do? Stand firm on their nerf? Buff it back a bit?

EL CUCO

GAF, quick question;

I got the Voidfang Vestments Exotic item (Chest) for my Warlock. It looks great. However, can this Exotic piece be changed through a Shader? I remember my Titan Exotics barely did :(

Thanks!
Yes it does. Tried the Chatterwhite on it today. It looks good.

I had a friend point this out to me in the Beta, but I don't see it talked about much, so I thought I'd share with you guys in case you didn't know.

The game actually provides a pretty solid map for Old Russia. It gives it to you right at the beginning of the game even.

You can even see the paths through the Grottos and the Devil's Lair strike.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Not playing hide-n-seek with Xur.
Where is his Satanic ass?
Fucking this. I was running late to errands, trying to talk on the phone and shit and I gotta take fifteen minutes to find his split-ended ass.
Stoked I could finally get my void Heavy. Grabbed The Swarm to compliment my Ice Breaker and TDYK.

Pimpin' pimpin', bitches.

RedFury

My warlock has mostly blue armor gear. She's wearing an exotic chest do that's okay and I could switch to the exotic helm anytime.
Yeah man me too. Just got praxic fire chest turned my lvl 27 to a 24,had legendary chest and exotic helm. Had to remove both and all I have is a white helmet...back to grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom