• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 7 is pretty reasonable. RNGesus works in mysterious ways, though...

Yeah, I should have clarified that I understand I could get zero.

Hopefully I get some love from the daily PE and the daily heroic so I don't even need 7 by the time I start the raid tonight.

Will I be ready for the hard raid after tonight? Stay tuned... Or don't because it's not that interesting.

Melchiah

Look at it in all it's glory. I wish to be brave too.

sdg6zdS.jpg

image.php

=D

Dammit, Xur had only a rocket launcher available, now that I finally had enough Strange Coins, and I was looking for auto/sniper/fusion rifle or machine gun. =/ Oh well, it's another lottery next weekend.

Deku Tree

My main problem with an exotic heavy weapon is that I don't use heavy weapons that much so it seems like a waste of your exotic slot.

Dante316

I have the worst lvl 30 soon warlock. It has 123 intellect, 344 strength and ZERO discipline. I really need that praxic fire...and better raid gear, they all have strength lol.

Riptwo

I've been trying to get a crest of alpha lupi for my hunter since day one. I gambled with Xur this week, and I got one...for a titan.

Does the hunter version drop anywhere, or is it something I'll only find in a specific game type?

A friend of mine wants to join my fireteam(I'm half way through nightfall).
But when I invite him I get a "sessions has ended" and when he joins I see him joining and departing right after.
Why is that?

Nori Chan

I've been trying to get a crest of alpha lupi for my hunter since day one. I gambled with Xur this week, and I got one...for a titan.

Does the hunter version drop anywhere, or is it something I'll only find in a specific game type?
Where does anything drop anywhere?

Iceman829

Yeah, I should have clarified that I understand I could get zero.

Hopefully I get some love from the daily PE and the daily heroic so I don't even need 7 by the time I start the raid tonight.

Will I be ready for the hard raid after tonight? Stay tuned... Or don't because it's not that interesting.

You can do the normal raid at lvl 27 with no issues. My Titan was only 27 when I beat it with him over the weekend. It's more important to just be aware of the things around you and what your current job is. I wouldn't worry too much. Do your daily mission and the first gold public event from just the normal items and if you get lucky in the raid you will lvl up during it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
After all the updates and everything... what's the best/fastest way to farm helium filaments?

I'm still running the same loop since week one on the moon. Although last night I noticed I was mainly just getting 1 when normally it seems like I would get 2 filaments. Need quite a bit more to level my gauntlets so I can hit 29. :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
After all the updates and everything... what's the best/fastest way to farm helium filaments?

If you are on PS4

Moon first area just as you enter patrol mode, join me I'll show you my loop, there are many spots, 1 loop rotation is 3-4 minutes, nets you 10-15 Helium if no one else farming or gets ahead of you

keiichi

Currently lvl 22 blade dancer
8 motes of light
6 strange coins
167 crucible marks / 900 rep from rank 2
0 vanguard marks

I was thinking the short term plan would be to get to rank 2, grab the 3 pieces of crucible gear and earn the 7 strange coins needed for the helm from Xur ... Then rely on RNG :( I guess upgrading items along the way.

I wouldn't mind getting FWC rep but my marks will be capping out soon anyway... Also, is there anything to spend glimmer on? Just the things to level up the cryptograph dude? Or faction cloaks?

Edit: also, thanks to Hawkian for the awesome post 20 guides

Nori Chan

God damn it xur.
now everyone's gonna follow after my frabjous self

http://i.imgur.com/q56tU15.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Warlock? Frabjous? If that's not the biggest oxymoron
[quote="Riptwo, post: 134751187"]Could be raid only for all I know![/QUOTE]sorry but it's luck based as everything lol. Wait for xur, nightfall drops, or engrams.

hydruxo

Got mine in the Nightfall this week

GraveRobberX

Two experienced lvl 29 Titans looking for normal VoG.

Would like to go ASAP. :3

Psn: astropoff

I can join as 27 Hunter, so that's 3 right there
I can be Relic Shield Holder for Templar cheese
Same when we go for Atheon and hold Relic

excowboy

Me too. Would make light leveling alts so easy... But that's why Bungie forbids it.

Someone told me you can give your alts legendary engrams and they will always decode to the class of the guardian who decodes them... Haven't tried it myself yet.

Can't you put currency in your vault and then log in with a character of a different class?

Tested my luck with 2 of Xurs exotic chest engrams. Got Heart of Praxic Fire and Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan). The two I wanted most. Still have 35 Strange Coins after buying The Armamentarium and Symbiote helm.

Navid

If anyone has is planning on running the Normal Raid around now and want a another player for their group I'm available to play at the moment... Level 27 Hunter, PSN ID in profile.

I like everything about the Warlock raid gear except the boots, they look terrible with the rave tube lights and all... :(

Footos22

This game either needs shaders for each armor piece or have something like WoE transmog. As when everyone hits 30 we are all gonna look the same.

Hopefully the dlc will add plenty more armors

GraveRobberX

....all the XP I've wasted.

Whenever I turn in bounties I swap everything that needs XP, so I get the most out of it

Hell I even triple this requirement since 2 weeks ago by sending the guns to my alts when they turn in their bounties

So getting 30,000 XP on on my guns/gear everyday is hella good

excowboy

Glimmer? I'm pretty sure that's actually shared across all your characters.

No, I mean Coins and Motes. If you can share them between characters then you can login with a different class and buy gear for that character with Coins/Motes earned with a different one?
Edit: Sorry, I was confusing buying Exotic gear from Xur with buying Legendary gear from vendors as per Namikazes original point.

The results are in! XP applies equally across all items, it is not divided up.

Thanks for looking into this - put me in the 'loads of XP wasted' camp :(

Mik2121

If you are on PS4

Moon first area just as you enter patrol mode, join me I'll show you my loop, there are many spots, 1 loop rotation is 3-4 minutes, nets you 10-15 Helium if no one else farming or gets ahead of you

Sweet. Got no mic now is that ok? I'll add you right now.

Deku Tree

No, I mean Coins and Motes. If you can share them between characters then you can login with a different class and buy gear for that character with Coins/Motes earned with a different one?

Thanks for looking into this - put me in the 'loads of XP wasted' camp :(

Yes coins and motes can be shared, but the stuff you buy with them (exotics not legendaries) can also be shared.

A friend got it doing weekly heroic last week.

I finally have Motes and Coins for Xur. So I assume the engram can go with way correct? In other words I have a good chance of not getting anything for my Warlock?

Also is the Light Beyond Nemesis worth it or better to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom