• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
There was a video of seeing dragons flying around in The beta… It was posted by IGN or some place like that… But I have never seen any dragon flying around in the final game… Is there anywhere you can find them?

Oh, Daenerys chained and locked them up in a cave.

Do you get anything for beating the gatekeeper section in the raid, or is the only reward in the last section when you beat Aetheon or whatever?

I have a hard checkpoint on the gatekeeper part, but doubt I will ever get a group coordinated enough to beat it. If I just skip it and join the final boss, am I missing a reward? I can't remember.

Ateron

I have both of those rocket launchers… Each one gives different elemental damage, so each one might be good for different hard missions depending on the enemies you're fighting and the burn.

Looking at it that way, you're right. Both will have their uses. I like the lock-on the Truth has, and I like the cluster bomb effect of the Hezen. But the Gallajorn has both, so fuck Bungie for not letting me have it :/

I really want the Epilogue or a Hawkmoon. I absolutely love my Last Word, but I always liked to see Hawkmoon in motion. It sounds like a fucking sniper rifle each time it fires a round, it's amazing. Maybe Xur will have them somewhere down the road, or RNGesus will give me one. I've been extremely lucky when it comes to exotic bounties (I have all except for 2) and usually I get 1-2 per week. But it's that thing..the weapon you want the most is always the hardest to get..Been hearing good things about the Fatebringer too..

I love handcannons too much, I think I might have a problem, halp

blackflag

Mine comes on Wed of next week. Can't wait.

Your the first person I've heard say that... I asked about it earlier in the destiny thread, and every single response I got said they were fantastic.

I got mine a couple weeks ago and love them. They did run out of charge on a 6 or so hour hard mode raid though LOL

Greenymac

Looking at it that way, you're right. Both will have their uses. I like the lock-on the Truth has, and I like the cluster bomb effect of the Hezen. But the Gallajorn has both, so fuck Bungie for not letting me have it :/

I really want the Epilogue or a Hawkmoon. I absolutely love my Last Word, but I always liked to see Hawkmoon in motion. It sounds like a fucking sniper rifle each time it fires a round, it's amazing. Maybe Xur will have them somewhere down the road, or RNGesus will give me one. I've been extremely lucky when it comes to exotic bounties (I have all except for 2) and usually I get 1-2 per week. But it's that thing..the weapon you want the most is always the hardest to get..Been hearing good things about the Fatebringer too..

I KNOW I have a handcannon problem. I really want either Fatebringer, The last Word or hawkmoon. I mean I NEED THEM. I have plenty of exotics and legendaries. Maybe me getting The Devil You Know before level 20 was my good handcannon drop and Im gonna be screwed from now on. Sigh.

Maybe we should start a Handcannons anonymous group....

Ateron

*whispers* me too

Ahah you're one of mine. Real men run around shooting fools in the head with revolvers, reload time be damned.

I love to reload during a battle - there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

I KNOW I have a handcannon problem. I really want either Fatebringer, The last Word or hawkmoon. I mean I NEED THEM. I have plenty of exotics and legendaries. Maybe me getting The Devil You Know before level 20 was my good handcannon drop and Im gonna be screwed from now on. Sigh.

Those are all pretty solid options! The devil you know is actually pretty good and it's doing a bit more damage than the Last Word (it's main strength is really the insane automatic rate of fire and hip fire damage), and since we don't have to play the lottery to get one it's a solid choice. Just have to grind for some marks, but it's a really cool gun, I use it regularly. As for the other two..it's gonna take some luck for us to get them. I wish bungie could implement challenges. For example: You want a better chance of having an Exotic Handcannon to drop, how about making you finish a Weekly or Nightfall using nothing else except a Handcannon? That could add more layers to the repetitive nature of grinding the same strikes over and over and over. Sure, the modifiers can shake things a bit but unless they change them again in the future, most people already know the strategies required for most strikes. I don't mind having to perform some insane stunt to get what I want (except for Thorn, fuck that and the gun ain't hot enough to be considered an exotic imo). Simple relying on sheer luck or Xur's whims is less than ideal. At least incorporate a trading system of sorts, sure it could be abused but after weeks of loot cave what harm does it make?

spyder_ur

Thanks to all who responded - definitely visiting that creepy Xur today.

Xur is a great way of getting shards in addition to vanguard/crucible vendors. I got 2 armor pieces and 2 engrams from him last week which turned into 10 ass shards.

Wait, how do you do that? Just break the items down and you might get materials?

Flo_Evans

I love my Sony Gold's. Be sure to download the Destiny sound profile too when you get them! The amount of audio details you hear from the profile is incredible, just simple things like jumping on your Sparrow sound great, haha.

hmm how do you do this ?

edit: ah I see answered on the last page.

Marvel

could never
Ahah you're one of mine. Real men run around shooting fools in the head with revolvers, reload time be damned.

I love to reload during a battle - there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber*.

We are manly men.

Iceman829

Wait, how do you do that? Just break the items down and you might get materials?

breaking down the exotic items he sells will net you shards / energy just as breaking down legendary armor from the vendors will. I believe the exotics give out slightly more shards

k1t4j

Same here brother I used HC ever since I reached level 5 and bought the vanguard one.

I have TDYK and currently using the LHF I stopped using HC recently in favour or levelling up my monte carlo, another weapon that i thoroughly enjoy.

I wanted the hawkmoon and monte carlo so bad when I saw them, i got one need the other

C'mon RNG-esus

hmm how do you do this ?

download the headset companion app from the store on your PS4. it will be updated when new games with sound profiles come out. you install them into your second slot on your headset. The Last Of Us profile was fucking amazing, The Destiny one is pretty good too.

Nameless

Yup. You'll get 2-3 ass shards for dismantling any legendary or exotic armor pieces. Same with weapons and ass energy. However if you fully upgrade a weapon before dismantling it(you don't have to spend ass energy) you'll get 5-6 ascendeed energy and a telemetry for that type of weapon.

I've switched to a legendary scout rifle and I'm really liking it. It's like a mini ice breaker.

my alt is still using a maxed out doctor nope.

poor guy :(

Yup. You'll get 2-3 ass shards for dismantling any legendary or exotic armor pieces. Same with weapons and ass energy. However if you fully upgrade a weapon before dismantling it(you don't have to spend ass energy) you'll get 5-6 ascendeed energy and a telemetry for that type of weapon.

Yeah I bought two Exotics from him just to break them down.

Deku Tree

I wish they did that for armor too. It would be so easy to drop down a level and most of the time be leveling some piece of legendary or exotic armor that I don't plan on keeping just to get some extra shares.

armamentarium is an awesome cross-subclass piece. you might be missing the lead which is two grenades. great for a Titan that switches between striker and defender a bunch but doesn't want to swap exotics all the time like I will be.

but if you stick mainly to defender saint14 will do you just fine
>v> also dual grenades for cheesing atheon

So I did the raid on normal as my titan alt. This was my haul:
Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time
And chatterwhite of course.

Discard your false prophets and praise RNGESUS!!!

Dante316

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

all I can say is HOLY FUCK!

DNAbro

I finally made some decent progress in the game. Soloed the weekly, got 3 strange coins, just enough to buy the Warlock helmet from Xur, then i got my dead orbit rank up to 2 and bought a chest piece and arms then leveled it up a bit and got to 26 so i can finally do the raid :D

Flo_Evans

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

damn loot for days.

I still need the helmet and chest. Kinda hoping for helmet cause I am buying the chest from Xur today.

Alexalder

Banned
Is the A.1F19X-RYL the best SR you can buy? Will it be a good upgrade from Aries Nemesis? I'm looking at that double magazine size
Maybe switching to hand cannons would be better? The Devil You Know?

E92 M3

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

I HATE YOU WITH THE FURY OF A BLACK HOLE!

LiK

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

I will hunt you down and steal your mojo

J-Rzez

Wonder how it performs now, because that is a straight up dickhead weapon by the looks of it lol.

Shotguns are still strong. If anything is a dickhead weapon now it's that pocket infinity. When I'm in a bad mood and need to take it out on others I whip that bitch out and go to town.

Nameless

I wish they did that for armor too. It would be so easy to drop down a level and most of the time be leveling some piece of legendary or exotic armor that I don't plan on keeping just to get some extra shares.

Yeah it would make things a lot easier. I equip a pulse rifle and shotgun I don't intend on using when turning it bounties. Ensures I'll have plenty of ass energy when I get weapons I actually do want to use.

M3Freak

Banned
There was a video of seeing dragons flying around in The beta… It was posted by IGN or some place like that… But I have never seen any dragon flying around in the final game… Is there anywhere you can find them?

I think what you're talking about can be found on Venus. Well....I'm pretty sure it was Venus where I saw them. Anyway, just look up at the sky on Venus. You'll see them flying around.

Ateron

Same. Never even equipped one. I supposed some day I will try one out.

Don't do it. It will rob you of your sleep, dreaming about that elusive hawkmoon/last word. It will make every other kind of weapon seem puny (even rocket launchers which can fire other rocket launchers) and you will become inebriated in that addictive feeling of owning everyone and everything, one bullet at a time. You'll start to see your trust worthy mistress as not only a "gun", but as an extension of your arm, your mind, your own self.

It's all in the wrist. It's all about the reload. Exhilarating shootouts. Passion. Handcannon for life, we're one, we're the same.

Kabr's grips
Kabr's chest
Kabr's greaves
A legendary titan sash
Atheon's epilogue
Ice breaker
Patience and time

Iwannaseethereceipts.gif

Good haul man, congrats!

Greenymac

Is the A.1F19X-RYL the best SR you can buy? Will it be a good upgrade from Aries Nemesis? I'm looking at that double magazine size
Maybe switching to hand cannons would be better? The Devil You Know?

The Devil You Know....do it. The one you get from a drop is even better than the one they sell. beast of a gun, you will NOT be disappointed. Given you can aim....

Nameless

You have to have consistently good aim to use hand cannons…

Same. Never even equipped one. I supposed some day I will try one out.

Played around with them in the beta. They were fun, but I couldn't imagine running with one as my main. Though part of it is it's the only type of legendary or exotix weapon I haven't gotten yet. My character is a snob who doesn't acknowledge rare or uncommon loot.

Don't do it. It will rob you of your sleep, dreaming about that elusive hawkmoon/last word. It will make every other kind of weapon seem puny (even rocket launchers which can fire other rocket launchers) and you will become inebriated in that addictive feeling of owning everyone and everything, one bullet at a time. You'll start to see your trust worthy mistress as not only a "gun", but as an extension of your arm, your mind, your own self.

It's all in the wrist. It's all about the reload. Exhilarating shootouts. Passion. Handcannon for life, we're one, we're the same.

qKSn2LB.gif

Alexalder

Banned
The Devil You Know....do it. The one you get from a drop is even better than the one they sell. beast of a gun, you will NOT be disappointed. Given you can aim....
No, i am level 28 and i only got Aries Nemesis and Truth from drops, i need a weapon to do raids, i am thinking of A.1F19X-RYL or Devil You Know, both from the Vanguard seller. Maybe Shadow Price? I liked SR even before the buff though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom