• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Hawkian, have you seen this (unfortunately pre-nerf) gameplay of the Universal Remote? Sorry for the mobile link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaNTzCGKUr0

I haven't had a chance to PvP since the hot fix but I'll give my UR a few runs this weekend and let you know if I can somewhat replicate that guy's gameplay, even with the shotgun range nerf. I have a very similar playstyle but with my Defender Titan and maxed Force Barrier.

jay23

Finished nightfall on my alt and got the ugliest helmet in the game

Destiny_20140921153216.jpg

(Not my pic)

Sent you a friend request, PSN: ZonySUX, lvl 29 hunter.

Oh, full I see. Nvmd.

Yeah, sorry, dude. I did accept the FR just in case you want to run it next week or party up another time.

On a side note, running through the dark caves and dropping down the shafts gave me the worst motion sickness I have ever experienced in a game before... Blew chunks three times because of course I didn't want to stop since we were almost done. ROUGH SHIT. So sorry to the other teammates if I was AFC those times, but I couldn't not help it. lol

I got Plan C, Visions, and leg armor, which I assume is the Raid gear? It didn't match my style (special weapons ammo, Discipline) so I sharded it. I got 11 ass shards from running the Raid, too.

Waldini

So, apparently Bungie tried to have Activision agree with a delay (6 monthy) when the writer departed/got fired. He took 60-80% of the story with him. Duh!

Activision said NO, presumably because of the pre-orders, DLC and deal with Sony.

... this was on Reddit before. I know. However this was a slightly different take. Bungie got pushed hard?

So many fresh new rumors.

This is an interesting problem and I wonder how they will address it. If they stick with Shards and Energy they have the two fold problem of old gear sharding giving too little for the investment AND people having massive stockpiles of shards and energy from playing while not needing to use them.

If the new gear uses something other than energy and shards then it does effectively make the old gear useless for new players as it uses an upgrade material that becomes too much of a hassle to collect as it will just be replaced on the way to the higher level cap.

Wouldn't that suck if you didn't buy the DLC, and an engram decrypted into descendant energy.

Tested my luck with the gold engram and got the titan chest which gives an additional grenade, best thing ever I love having more grenades or as my warlock, spawning with full grenade energy.

stuff all the other skills, grenades all day.

Finished nightfall on my alt and got the ugliest helmet in the game

Destiny_20140921153216.jpg

(Not my pic)

So many exotics relate to dragons yet we see none in the game, lol.

squidyj

Alright, maxed out my devil you know, my vision of confluence, my corrective measure, and my icebreaker, got my gunslinger leveling done and got my hunter to 29

tonight's the night for hard mode. If I can find a group

Hawkian, have you seen this (unfortunately pre-nerf) gameplay of the Universal Remote? Sorry for the mobile link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xaNTzCGKUr0

I haven't had a chance to PvP since the hot fix but I'll give my UR a few runs this weekend and let you know if I can somewhat replicate that guy's gameplay, even with the shotgun range nerf. I have a very similar playstyle but with my Defender Titan and maxed Force Barrier.

Wonder how it performs now, because that is a straight up dickhead weapon by the looks of it lol.

So, apparently Bungie tried to have Activision agree with a delay (6 monthy) when the writer departed/got fired. He took 60-80% of the story with him. Duh!

Activision said NO, presumably because of the pre-orders, DLC and deal with Sony.

... this was on Reddit before. I know. However this was a slightly different take. Bungie got pushed hard?

I'm really curious if J. Schreier's look in to this gives us a clear(er) idea of what happened. Seems like a lot of the details from Reddit were bullshit (go figure right?).

Nori Chan

For those in game, what is the helmet for the hunter good for? Intelligence, discipline, or strength? Or is it different for anything.

I have the save helmet, but it's good for discipline.

I dislike that LBI has Strength, but IMO the perks it has are better the the other 2 helms. Revive faster and health from light orbs seem more useful than the others.

Oh yeah, I agree. The other two helms suck, in my opinion. I even hear the health regen cancels if you get shot while you're regenerating.

And luckily, the grenade difference between Praxic Fire and NO Praxic Fire isn't huge, so I'm excited to finally level a new exotic.

I just never saw the point of faster revive unless it's instant or the cool down for revive is also faster. I don't really have a problem reviving people unless someone dead in the middle of a pack of enemies. More orbs is a solid perk but does not really benefit you. The Veil i found works great with increasing your ability to survive. It also works great with both sunsinger and voidwalker.

The only downside is it does not have flashy perks that increase any powers and its not the best looking helm around. Dire Ahamkara boost super energy with grenade kills which seems like a pretty handy perk. I just think it comes down to playstyle which seems to work if everyone like each helm for different reasons.

Dante316

My Warlock's discipline is at 0, and my grenades still recharge pretty fast. Won't complain.

Im lvl 30 with 0 discipline lol. Had no choice but to upgrade with stats I had to reach. Raid gear drops are soo rare but with 30 , time will be alot easier on raids so mayb they will drop.

Tested my luck with the gold engram and got the titan chest which gives an additional grenade, best thing ever I love having more grenades or as my warlock, spawning with full grenade energy.

stuff all the other skills, grenades all day.

So many exotics relate to dragons yet we see none in the game, lol.

I believe you can see them flying in the sky on Venus from time to time, but they stay pretty high up in the air.

Deku Tree

What I find hard to believe about this, is that a writer took most of the story with them.… Bungee would never agree to a deal where the writer owned the story imo. Sometimes reddit sounds like pure fanfiction.

LiK

What I find hard to believe about this, is that a writer took most of the story with them.… Bungee would never agree to a deal where the writer owned the story imo. Sometimes reddit sounds like pure fanfiction.
Yea, I would assume they have the story bible with them to use as a guide but I guess they don't have any idea how to craft a narrative outta it.

Well ain't that a bitch, looks like you can't cherry pick story missions to progress, made it to Venus only doing a grand total of 5 missions.

What is a good place to kill ultra vex for a lowly level 15?

It's not cherry picking it's just the difference between Main and Side quests. It's why some of the icons on the map look different. The stars with the leaves around them have to be done to progress the game. The smaller stars are for added benefit (read: help keep your leveling on pace without getting bored)

spyder_ur

So I could use some thoughts on how to progress - I'm hoping to work through the raid which I still haven't done. I'm level 25, with an exotic Auto Rifle (Hard Light). My armor is 3 legendaries and one blue.

I realize most people are well beyond me but what level should I consider the raid?

My other two questions are what are the best ways to get ascendants shards (and energy to a lesser degree)? I've heard the Raid and Nightfall Strike but I'm underleveled for those, correct?

And is there any point to holding on to my motes of light or should I buy the engram? I have 26 motes and 12 strange coins.

You can't take a story with you. If he wrote the story while working for Bungie as a writer, then it's not his story to take.

Deku Tree

So I could use some thoughts on how to progress - I'm hoping to work through the raid which I still haven't done. I'm level 25, with an exotic Auto Rifle (Hard Light). My armor is 3 legendaries and one blue.

I realize most people are well beyond me but what level should I consider the raid?

My other two questions are what are the best ways to get ascendants shards (and energy to a lesser degree)? I've heard the Raid and Nightfall Strike but I'm underleveled for those, correct?

And is there any point to holding on to my motes of light or should I buy the engram? I have 26 motes and 12 strange coins.

At level 26 the end of the raid can be really hard if you are not in a group with a lot of higher levels because the enemies are actually level 28. I think level 27 is the sweet spot to start the raid.

ocean

Banned

Aim for 27 for the Raid. At 26 you'll have a hard time killing things in time unless you're a highly skilled player. Also, try to have upgraded weapons (at least 260 damage), it'll help.

Raid gives plenty of Ascendants, so shoot for that. Otherwise it's just the first PE of the FAO + Daily Heroic for guaranteed assmats.

Buy the engram. If you still need a legendary piece of armor, grind marks. I think 27 is where you want to be for the raid and your not too far from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom