• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juraash

The strangest thing is that the loot was awful all around. I wouldn't be so bothered if people had gotten something for it, but we all received almost nothing but ass mats.

And the Atheon "fix" is going to really make that fight a toss up, I agree. Any playing to the strenghts of people is going out the window.

That last bit is really the most baffling thing to me about this whole situation. When has any raid (or any team based thing) required everyone to be a master of every aspect of what they were doing. In raids I liked having a role I could learn and become great at. I've only done Destiny's raid once but I felt like I had developed that over the course of our Atheon attempts.

Going into the portals, smoking oracles, helping the relic carrier nuke the mobs with an extra grenade toss or a nova bomb right at the start, these were things I felt comfortable doing. We had several new people in the raid that night and I feel like part of our success with that encounter was people getting into a groove in the roles they had. This new update just shits all over that, it's like they want to further reduce the amount of people that will do this content but pumping some more RNG into the a game that's already full of it.

But who knows, maybe none these changes will stick since Bungie can't seem to make up its mind from one week to the next.

MechDX

Maxing out isn't for you then. The point of maxing is to do hard mode raid so it's not really important for you to get max. Just get the best you can.

"Do my best"...this is America son. jk

I keep comparing this game to PSO because IMO it has a ton in common. I didn't have to do everything there and could still max my character at least. Events there just got you some truly rare and exotic stuff but didn't stop the game at a lower level.

Dante316

While I dislike the portal changes, I think experienced teams will easily adapt. It's the newer players that will have a tougher time.

I agree. Other day I did the raid for 5 others I never raid with and we did hard raid in all 7 hrs and less. Even groups who play each week have trouble doing hard raid in 7 hrs. Experience adds alot.

EL CUCO

Don't worry, Bungie will soon find out the VoC is too effective in PVP and will be balanced accordingly. You can't have too much of something in this game because Bungie doesn't like that.

It's complete BS. The weapons that we holster will never be an extension of our Guardian, like Bungie said they would be. How can we invest in them, if we don't know if one day Bungie wakes up and says "Too many people are using ______ weapon, time for balance." It feels more like an extension of Bungie's foot up our ass for not playing the game like they wanted us to, or using the mix of weapons that they intended.

Swag

While I dislike the portal changes, I think experienced teams will easily adapt. It's the newer players that will have a tougher time.
It's going to suck for those with weapons that aren't quite good enough for taking out Oracles, usually I try to just send in the people with Epilogues, but now.

At least on hard.

Gurrry

And one final thing...

I might just get to Atheon and quit out every time.

The 3 times ive done the raid, I have gotten chatterwhite THREE fucking times from Atheon.

Now you want me to work even harder for a shader that will take up a spot in my very small vault?

Or I can disassemble it for absolutely nothing and throw away the hour and a half that it took to get?

Mindlog

I have a tone of Chatterwhite and three Aspects of Glass. Good thing I really like Shards and Energy.
Really just need a Timebreaker and Fatebringer. I've been exceptionally lucky with raid gear compared to some.
I'm in the same boat friends and Raid wise. Sucks I can never max out my character because I can't do Raids and Bungie seems to give zero fucks.
There are a lot of understanding people on GAF. I very rarely had an entire group go start to finish in one go. It's more common now that people know what to do, but most people won't take offense if you have to leave or something. Similarly joining a raid at a certain point hasn't been too difficult for me.

Naturally it would be really nice if the game facilitated player matching of some kind. Not traditional matchmaking, but something much more thorough.

Trasher

The atheon teleport "fix" is seriously a tough fucking blow.

Bungie just doesnt get it, do they?

Instead of adding key features that they failed to have at launch, they would rather tell their playerbase how they want us to play rather than us making those decisions ourselves.

The lootcave nerf - I understand where they are coming from, but honestly, why do they care what people want to do for 5-6 hours? Its the players time to invest, not theirs. Their loot system is so horrible that those players were hardly even rewarded for their efforts, especially pre-patch.

The shotgun/assault rifle nerf - Focusing a balance change soley on PVP complaints, not realizing that PVE should have its own balance/focus. They bascially decided to make the bullet sponge bosses even more sponge-like.

Atheon Spawn - What the actual fuck? Why? WHY does this matter so much to you Bungie? WHY?! I dont get this at all.

6-way communication is hard as it is.

"I GOT TELEPORTED!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"IM GURRRY! WHO ARE YOU?"

"WHERE AM I!? HELP!!!"

Gaurdian Down.

Gaurdian Down.

Wipe.

Awesome!

Time to turn it in.

Raxus

SO now hunters aren't guaranteed to be in to take out oracles, is there any benefit to taking them in the raid at all? Might as well just make a team of all titans and warlocks.

Tovarisc

I guess they really want VoG to live up to by any means necessary to that bragging about VoG being hardest shit ever designed and created. Raid that won't be beaten on Hard for weeks if not months.

VoG + VoG Hard going into farm in few weeks must have been huge blow to some devs that kept talking about what insane challenge VoG is.

Gurrry

Does Gamestop take digital copies?

Thanks for the laugh though.

Im not saying I want to take the game back, I still like it. I just hear one thing about this whole "destiny vision" and how they want the players to create their own story. On the Gaurdian Network Podcast last week with DeeJ the community manager, he said it himself SEVERAL times..

"We arent trying to tell the player how to play"

Uh.. but you kind of are...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I enjoyed that fighting game reference.

I also think this is bullshit and invalidates their own raid gear for the most part

By the time its all said and done they will have 'normalized' ie sterilized anything interesting into irrelevance. Pocket finity is just the start. Odd how they arent buffing juju or thorn tho. lulz

MechDX

There are a lot of understanding people on GAF. I very rarely had an entire group go start to finish in one go. It's more common now that people know what to do, but most people won't take offense if you have to leave or something. Similarly joining a raid at a certain point hasn't been too difficult for me.

Naturally it would be really nice if the game facilitated player matching of some kind. Not traditional matchmaking, but something much more thorough.

Guild Cards like PSO.Problem solved. Set up games at the counter with. A brief description of what you are needing help with.

2000 Sega saved you Bungie.

I actually sent a message asking the guy how he got Golden Gun at the beginning of the match and he replies "Because I got skills" lol.

Oh well. GG Bungie.

Afrocious

I guess they really want VoG to live up to by any means necessary to that bragging about VoG being hardest shit ever designed and created. Raid that won't be beaten on Hard for weeks if not months.

VoG + VoG Hard going into farm in few weeks must have been huge blow to some devs that kept talking about what insane challenge VoG is.

The funny thing is even if 3 random people are warped in the Atheon fight, all you gotta do is assign four people to use the Relic when they get warped, and have them decide amongst themselves who picks it up over who else if more than 1 is warped.

Problem = solved. Fuck bungie. This is not how you make a raid difficult.

Mindlog

Guild Cards like PSO.Problem solved. Set up games at the counter with. A brief description of what you are needing help with.

2000 Sega saved you Bungie.
Basically.
MS could also help out with better beacons. Beacons are a good start, but they need to keep updating them.

hamchan

Wow haven't played for a few days but just read that weekly update and changing the way Atheon teleports work is really dumb.

as much as i love this gun...

cDmnsaO.jpg

i should probably stop raiding on my alt so the loot pool isn't split with me.

Jinjo

SO now hunters aren't guaranteed to be in to take out oracles, is there any benefit to taking them in the raid at all? Might as well just make a team of all titans and warlocks.

Three sunsingers, three gunslingers. Sunsingers jump of before the teleport, hunters get teleported, sunsingers rez, gunslingers blow up the oracles. There, a way to "game the system" before the fix is even live. All they are doing is turning people more in the direction of a single class and loadout. As if sunsingers weren't already good enough.

Daemul

6-way communication is hard as it is.

"I GOT TELEPORTED!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"IM GURRRY! WHO ARE YOU?"

"WHERE AM I!? HELP!!!"

"WHY IS MY SCREEN GOING DARK!? I CAN'T SEE!!!".

Gaurdian Down.

Gaurdian Down.

Wipe.

Awesome!

Added extra line for full accuracy.

Trasher

Does Gamestop take digital copies?

Thanks for the laugh though.

Im not saying I want to take the game back, I still like it. I just hear one thing about this whole "destiny vision" and how they want the players to create their own story. On the Gaurdian Network Podcast last week with DeeJ the community manager, he said it himself SEVERAL times..

"We arent trying to tell the player how to play"

Uh.. but you kind of are...

There's a fine line between freedom of how to play the game and cheesing it to the point where it breaks the fight's overall basic boundaries.

Maledict

As an amendment to this - Bungie also need to drop the idea that limiting rezzes is a good way of increasing difficulty. It's not - it's a terrible, unfun artificial drawback. Just do what every other online game does and make the fights actually harder, with new mechanics, rather than just bigger numbers and an artificial 'haha, hobgoblin sniper your dead' limit.

It's a really silly way to make things harder, and it also makes various exotic armour pieces useless in the very content you'd want them the most.

Three sunsingers, three gunslingers. Sunsingers jump of before the teleport, hunters get teleported, sunsingers rez, gunslingers blow up the oracles. There, a way to "game the system" before the fix is even live. All they are doing is turning people more in the direction of a single class and loadout.

Lol, that didn't take long.

Three sunsingers, three gunslingers. Sunsingers jump of before the teleport, hunters get teleported, sunsingers rez, gunslingers blow up the oracles. There, a way to "game the system" before the fix is even live. All they are doing is turning people more in the direction of a single class and loadout.

yup people will minimize the randomness as much as possible, which will distill the diversity in the raid.

Key2001

Randomizing atheon's teleports is straight up amateur hour. How long is it going to take someone to figure out how to hold the relic? At least with a home and an away team there was always the 'oh shit im down someone else got teleported' panic. In a week everyone will be captain america stars and striping left and right. Im honestly starting to really enjoy watching Bungie's bullshit blow up in their faces.

I believe there is a possibility of something like 20 different combinations of which 3 of the 6 that are teleported. You'll have to have at least 4 people that know how to handle the relic to cover all combinations.

It is also not as easy as just assigning 4 people to the relic. You'll have to figure out which 1 would pick up the relic if two or more assigned to it are teleported at once. You'll have to quickly figure out which 3 members are teleported to determine who picks it up or risk the cleanse still being on cooldown on the first blind.

Deku Tree

Can you please fix and acknowledge the actual bugs in the Raid and the Atheon fight Bungie???

So your upset that Atheon was too easy for people who developed strategies to fight it and now you want to try to make it harder (no weak links on the team) and try to make us believe it was a bug that your only now telling us about? I don't believe for a second that it was a bug.

No Thank You!!!

MADGAME

Any PSN groups raiding on normal tonight? I'd like to run through it with my alts.

29 Titans with maxed weapons effective in raid - VoC, Suros, Corrective Measure, near max Vex Mythos, etc.

My first time raiding today, and I was a bit lost in a few places, I'm not going to lie. However, once the final fight clicked, after getting wiped numerous times, we completed it really quick. We had a great portal leader and his strategies, once everyone figured out their bit, worked tremedously well. So thanks, Paul. Lesson of the day? Find a good party leader.

I believe there is a possibility of something like 20 different combinations of which 3 of the 6 that are teleported. You'll have to have at least 4 people that know how to handle the relic to cover all combinations.

And the way it looked today, teleporting players were the farthest from Atheon. Is that not correct?

Also, why is the Vision Scout so good? Does it eventually have full-auto or something?

Maledict

The strangest thing is that the loot was awful all around. I wouldn't be so bothered if people had gotten something for it, but we all received almost nothing but ass mats.

And the Atheon "fix" is going to really make that fight a toss up, I agree. Any playing to the strenghts of people is going out the window.

Yeah - I've raided for years in other MMOs and am completely used to not getting loot for ages (heck as raid leader it made sense to give loot to other people first as they could use it more). But even when you weren't getting anything, at least other people were and your group was getting better every week as a result.

The fact that you can roll through it and not get anything at all, for anyone, is just plain dumb and bad design. The four boss kills should always drop at least one, if not more, proper raid items for the group and there should also be a raid currency that allows you to buy the raid armour as well.

Can you please fix and acknowledge the actual bugs in the Raid and the Atheon fight Bungie???

So your upset that Atheon was too easy for people who developed strategies to fight it and now you want to try to make it harder (no weak links on the team) and try to make us believe it was a bug that your only now telling us about? I don't believe for a second that it was a bug.

No Thank You!!!

I personally think Bungie is buying time/stalling with content. I think they underestimated how fast (experienced or not), gamers can develop efficient strategies for raids.

Gurrry

There's a fine line between freedom of how to play the game and cheesing it to the point where it breaks the fight's overall basic boundaries.

How is assigning roles to people on your raid team considered "cheesing" though?

Pushing Atheon off the ledge is one thing...

But not allowing our team to go in with a gameplan and put it into action is another.

I would think that Bungie would want to reward players for being strategic, which IMO, is how most "raids" should be handled.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that a shader alone can replace a legendary or exotic piece of gear on the loot table is goddamn certifiably insane.

This is so obviously Bungie's first RPG/loot game, but they're with Actiblizz, and it baffles me that they didn't get some experts on board for this. At least, it doesn't show.

E92 M3

I am so happy they are fixing the Mythoclast for the PVE, but now I have to get that no-death raid achievement asap!

BTW - I had a feeling today's weekly would be all info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom