• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

squadr0n

Any Hardmode raiders going out tonight on PS4? If theres an open spot please send me an invite! Even if its just the end checkpoint.

PSN:squadon.

Ken

That's because they respect you and want to be you.

On another note, WTF! Why am I not getting any rep from Tiger strikes? I'm supposed to be past 1000 in rep exp points but it still shows up as 780 which is from when I did all the bounties today.

Faction class item?

btw i found out yesterday that you can use the mythoclast to get the "kill 2 enemies with a fusion rifle 20 times". just kill 2 enemies really quickly for a double kill and it'll count.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's because they respect you and want to be you.

On another note, WTF! Why am I not getting any rep from Tiger strikes? I'm supposed to be past 1000 in rep exp points but it still shows up as 780 which is from when I did all the bounties today.
... Do you have a Faction class item equipped?

E92 M3

manly tears of joy were shed

Just imagine how I felt: came back from my favorite Italian restaurant, opened up Bungie to catch up and then read that my wishes have been answered. I am on Cloud 9.

Tomorrow, I will be stressed about how to do the new raid mechanics without dying.

neoism

FUCK YOU BUNGIE

I'm so FUCKING DONE WITH YOUR SHIT!

RNG RNG RNG RNG who needs strategy?! Players have fun getting into roles? Kill the fun!

Fucking idiots have NO IDEA what they are doing.

lol yeah they must have seen the 17 second hard raid kill vid and just have to make it harder for no reason.. smh...

Can you please fix and acknowledge the actual bugs in the Raid and the Atheon fight Bungie???

So your upset that Atheon was too easy for people who developed strategies to fight it and now you want to try to make it harder (no weak links on the team) and try to make us believe it was a bug that your only now telling us about? I don't believe for a second that it was a bug.

No Thank You!!!

That's the thing too. I get that certain things are easier to fix and that's why we get certain things that seem higher priority after smaller stuff.

But here's a crazy idea:

Instead of dedicating programmers to fixing shit that isn't really an encounter breaking bug, why don't you dedicate those people to the team trying to fix your actual encounter breaking bugs? Don't fuck with that other shit until your ACTUAL bugs are fixed. Can anyone familiar with that type of game development here explain why that's not feasible? Maybe there's something I'm missing.\

EDIT: And if that's something coming with the next hotfix, they should probably have said something about it.

btw i found out yesterday that you can use the mythoclast to get the "kill 2 enemies with a fusion rifle 20 times". just kill 2 enemies really quickly for a double kill and it'll count.

Yeah that's how I did the bounty yesterday. No need to wake the hive ever again.

Btw had sent you a FR on psn fee days ago.

I remember reading about how they had 1 team take 16 hours and fail, and another that couldn't figure out how to open gate in the beginning. They had to have had the most incompetent players testing their raid, lol.

3 year old me playing sonic 2 on sega genesis could have figured out how to open the gate.

Apparently they brought a bunch of 360 NOSCOPE MLG 420 BLAZE IT cod players to test the raid.

Amusing, eh?

World First was just a shade under 11 hours straight. World Second (which was members of the same guild) was longer than that.

It's really easy to talk about how easy the raid is when you've had the strats made available to you by others first but were there no strats available there would be considerably less people who have cleared by now. Context matters.

ZangBa

Being level 30 in the towers gets you a lot of beggers hoping that you can be their slave.

Too bad there's no trading. Whenever some lowbie would beg me for something in WoW, I'd send him on quests to find me 20 boar hides or something, and when he returned I'd use my macro to say he gained reputation with me and send him on another quest until he gave up. I'm not a very nice person.

Too bad there's no trading. Whenever some lowbie would beg me for something in WoW, I'd send him on quests to find me 20 boar hides or something, and when he returned I'd use my macro to say he gained reputation with me and send him on another quest until he gave up. I'm not a very nice person.

Hahaha, you're a monster. Then again, they were hoping to make you an errand boy. You cheeky bastard.

I love this part of the update:

How we are moving forward:
We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE.
In addition, we intend to raise Mythoclast's attack value above and beyond the other exotics. Attack value dictates how much damage players deal to combatants and Mythoclast attack value being raised will make it more effective in PVE.

Timeline for these changes:
They’ll be going in soon.
We have a more substantive update in certification right now, which slows down our ability to make changes to the Live game.

Atheon
Next week's Hotfix is going to contain some fixes to the Atheon encounter.
We've added "baby bumpers" to areas where players could knock Atheon out of the environment.
Knocking a boss off a ledge is a bug. We will seek to address bugs like these as quickly as possible.

is like luke faced every potential question with a gjallarhorn and knocked them out.

Overdoziz

Banned
The atheon teleport "fix" is seriously a tough fucking blow.

Bungie just doesnt get it, do they?

Instead of adding key features that they failed to have at launch, they would rather tell their playerbase how they want us to play rather than us making those decisions ourselves.

The lootcave nerf - I understand where they are coming from, but honestly, why do they care what people want to do for 5-6 hours? Its the players time to invest, not theirs. Their loot system is so horrible that those players were hardly even rewarded for their efforts, especially pre-patch.

The shotgun/assault rifle nerf - Focusing a balance change soley on PVP complaints, not realizing that PVE should have its own balance/focus. They bascially decided to make the bullet sponge bosses even more sponge-like.

Atheon Spawn - What the actual fuck? Why? WHY does this matter so much to you Bungie? WHY?! I dont get this at all.

6-way communication is hard as it is.

"I GOT TELEPORTED!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"IM GURRRY! WHO ARE YOU?"

"WHERE AM I!? HELP!!!"

Gaurdian Down.

Gaurdian Down.

Wipe.

Awesome!
Love this.

ZangBa

World First was just a shade under 11 hours straight. World Second (which was members of the same guild) was longer than that.

It's really easy to talk about how easy the raid is when you've had the strats made available to you by others first but were there no strats available there would be considerably less people who have cleared by now. Context matters.

Yeah, except that, in real raids, even with strats, it was still difficult to execute and would take weeks or even months to clear it out on the hardest difficulty with smart people you know. In this game, anybody can clear hard mode within the first week. I've done my fair share of server first heroic kills and whatnot, this game is "baby's first raid" in a nutshell.

Yeah that's how I did the bounty yesterday. No need to wake the hive ever again.

Btw had sent you a FR on psn fee days ago.

ok cool i'll add you.

i disabled my notifications in-game because they pop up over the radar. if i miss a message or friend request just lemme know!

Namikaze1

It's pissing me off. My warlock doesn't have a faction class item on so it's not going towards any faction. I haven't received any rep at all from all the Tiger strikes I have completed. On some occasion, I don't get marks at all either. I should be, by my count, at 89 marks. I'm at 62 but the vanguard symbol for the vanguard strikes says I have 60. The hell is going on?!

Will they be fixing the templar cheese too? Pushing it off with rockets and grenades was pretty funny. And that 5th chest, I didn't think it would be possible to get that on hard.

So, after all this time they are going ahead with random teleports for atheon? maybe if they designed the raid better in the first place they could have avoided all this shit.

Thanks for doing such a thing several weeks after people have had their fill of the raid and have multiple exotics.

Chitown B

nerf nerf nerf. I think I might be done with this game. I've been gone this week and won't be back until right before Tuesday anyway. Just sick of the taking away and adding nothing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just read the update, looking forward to the suros whine.

i'm amazed that people are so upset that the exploits and weapon imbalance is being addressed. i hate you all.

Just imagine how I felt: came back from my favorite Italian restaurant, opened up Bungie to catch up and then read that my wishes have been answered. I am on Cloud 9.

Tomorrow, I will be stressed about how to do the new raid mechanics without dying.

2roh9QL.gif

JayEH

I think I'm going to be done with Destiny now. It's just too much repitition. Every day, do the daily heroic, get me some ass
shards or energy.
Do the weekly heroic/nightfall, then do the raid (and get more shaders). Wait for Xur on Friday, get fucked by the Cryptarch. That's all this game is. Rinse and repeat.

The new updates/nerfs are breaking the camel's back now.

At least I know I'm at least somewhat interested in MMOs and might give some a try now.

MilkBeard

Managed to get Atheon's Epilogue from the raid last night. Pretty epic. This gun is amazingly fast. And, it made short work of those stupid captains in the Nightfall this week.

It's pissing me off. My warlock doesn't have a faction class item on so it's not going towards any faction. I haven't received any rep at all from all the Tiger strikes I have completed. On some occasion, I don't get marks at all either. I should be, by my count, at 89 marks. I'm at 62 but the vanguard symbol for the vanguard strikes says I have 60. The hell is going on?!

Are you under Level 18?

Gurrry

Don't want to use it, but how easy to do is it?

I dont know how they do it, just watched a few videos on it.

Im sure once theres a tutorial video that the crucible will be off-limits until patch day..

Better go shotgun some fools while I still can!

Heel

Wanted: Level 30's for hard raid on ps4, to join two level 29s from GAF. Tried with a group of 29s earlier this week and got wiped at the oracle checkpoint. Help if you could! Reply with PSN ID and we'll start when we're full. Thanks guys.

Special C

I didn't like the beta. I was very dissapointed. I was having a blast with Warframe. But I couldn't ignore a game 90% of my freinds list was playing so I joined the Dark Side and finally bought. I'm so glad I did

Yeah, except that, in real raids, even with strats, it was still difficult to execute and would take weeks or even months to clear it out on the hardest difficulty with smart people you know. In this game, anybody can clear hard mode within the first week. I've done my fair share of server first heroic kills and whatnot, this game is "baby's first raid" in a nutshell.

There's an inherent difference in the complexity afforded by the combat systems in hotkey MMO's and FPS games respectively.

But I really don't understand this response at all when earlier you called the change that they're making that will specifically add complexity to the fight, "unbearable."

If we're talking about designing MMOs, Luke may have played alot of MMOs, but he went from being a journalist to designing the Vault of Glass raid. I doubt he had any input into anything else.

That's why I asked looking for clarification on his meaning. Because there's an argument to be made discussing designing MMO's that extends to all of Bungie. But if the comment was implying that no one at Bungie had played MMO's, then it's incorrect.

Juraash

I think I'm going to be done with Destiny now. It's just too much repitition. Every day, do the daily heroic, get me some ass
shards or energy.
Do the weekly heroic/nightfall, then do the raid (and get more shaders). Wait for Xur on Friday, get fucked by the Cryptarch. That's all this game is. Rinse and repeat.

The new updates/nerfs are breaking the camel's back now.

At least I know I'm at least somewhat interested in MMOs and might give some a try now.

I'm getting to the same point honestly. I don't mind the repetition so much but these changes just kinda delfate me. I feel like we had a pretty good raid run the other day considering like half the group was new. We wiped on Atheon a bit, but by and large we saw progress each attempt. I feel like that experience is basically going to be a thing of the past with with this random bullshit they are introducing. The raid isn't even reliably rewarding enough to justify the bigger pain Atheon is about to be.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You could make a pseudo outside team by having 3 sunsingers suicide and then use radiance after the other 3 get teleported

Self res is so fundamentally broken, specially since they think messing with the revive mechanics is good design.

I totally expect them to remove that at some point.

What I want to know is how is atheon's selection a bug? how long has it been and surely in testing they knew this, sounds like a bullshit change to make things harder.

Same with the so called bug on strike boss health.

MADGAME

Geez Bungie what's next? Fixing a "bug" in the VoG that allow players to kill Atheon and actually complete the raid?

Unrelated - wanted to say thank you to ComputerMKII and Deku Tree. After 8 raids the only armor I was gifted by RNG was the chest, thanks to you guys I did receive the helmet which is pretty cool. I had loads of raid weapons but finally got the Vex Mytho from that sessions so thank you both!

I'll pay it forward, I have an Atheon hard checkpoint I'll pass along to Gaffers either later tonight or tomorrow after I normal Raid on my alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom