• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Can you please fix and acknowledge the actual bugs in the Raid and the Atheon fight Bungie???

So your upset that Atheon was too easy for people who developed strategies to fight it and now you want to try to make it harder (no weak links on the team) and try to make us believe it was a bug that your only now telling us about? I don't believe for a second that it was a bug.

Like it's "bug" that bosses in Strikes have too much HP and deal too much damage? "Bug" that isn't "fixed" even today several weeks after it was "discovered" and has been like this since public Alpha?

Also at this point I doubt they will ever properly address actual bugs and glitches in VoG, they haven't even acknowledged that bugs like audio cutting out or portals crapping out exist.

X-Frame

Looks like I am going to hold off on fully upgrading the Suros for the moment, especially if a nerf specifically to that gun is incoming soon.

jay23

Let's be honest this update is just making it tougher for people who don't have a consistent raid team. It's gonna be a bitch trying to beat atheon with randoms, and It's gonna make it harder for weaker players who don't know how to use the relic.

Dante316

One solution for people that are going crazy with the randomness is to make it only heroic raid only. And keep normal as is with fixes to atheon off the ledge glitch included of course.

ZangBa

I just realized I could solo Atheon with my Titan. I guess I just need to find a hard checkpoint and try to get the Vex Mythoclast and Fatebringer before they make the boss unbearable.

Key2001

And the way it looked today, teleporting players were the farthest from Atheon. Is that not correct?

From what little experience I have had it appears that is how it works (will work until next week).

This pretty much eliminates any chance of future match making for raids and raid groups are far less likely to allow even 1 lower level (perhaps even up to level 27 for normal and 28 for hard).

Hard raiding is going to be even worse for anyone under 30. Impossible even. Good thing I got in some cheese with my 27 Warlock and scored the helmet already.

Fix going through the damn portals first and the many other bugs. Make the damn raid more rewarding. It's a weekly activity like the Nightfall that can take several hours to complete compared to 20 minutes like this week's and yet you can score a legendary/exotic or a bunch of strange coins in an episode of Seinfeld and the other rewards a bunch of ass. Meanwhile people have been doing the raid for weeks trying to get any kind of raid gear. Here's an idea, drop that shit. It's completely random what kind of stats you get and you can throw out the optimisation you were able to make choosing your faction vendor. I got 30 but my raid gear has a buttload of strength. No one wants strength. Speaking of which, so something about that too. In pve you'll get bitch slapped by praetorians getting in melee range and in pvp you'll get a buckshot to the face.

God damn it, Bungie.

I just realized I could solo Atheon with my Titan. I guess I just need to find a hard checkpoint and try to get the Vex Mythoclast and Fatebringer before they make the boss unbearable.

If you find one, please take me with you! I'm a titan and want to try it myself before the cheese tray is removed from the buffet.

Sullichin

Think I'm going to drop a level or two, drop sunbreakers and get Light Beyond Nemesis helmet. Mostly because it looks cool, but also because I think it will be more useful in PVE, and I'll use the sunbreakers or something else in PVP. Is the revive time significantly faster?

How is assigning roles to people on your raid team considered "cheesing" though?

Pushing Atheon off the ledge is one thing...

But not allowing our team to go in with a gameplan and put it into action is another.

I would think that Bungie would want to reward players for being strategic, which IMO, is how most "raids" should be handled.

I agree that the current way the teleport works and assigning jobs isn't cheesing. Personally, I think Luke didn't intend for the raid to be cleared by this many people quite this quickly. In a pre-launch interview he said he expected it to be beaten within the first week... but I don't think he necessarily expected quite as many clears within the first few days.

Daemul

Luckily for me, I've already gotten everything worthwhile from the Raid, so I can just sit back and watch the chaos ensue.

9X3TYR6nTkkr7m66eu9YupBN99MNmDVa9L2D3Q4XUpCEE-J1T5eepSudP2dnIVMejLKbxnbPKYnj1vFv3Ng=w280-h158-nc

From what little experience I have had it appears that is how it works (will work until next week).

This pretty much eliminates any chance of future match making for raids and raid groups are far less likely to allow even 1 lower level (perhaps even up to level 27 for normal and 28 for hard).

Goddamn it. I just read that last bit from DeeJ. Fuck that... so finding a team, getting good at your role is now a thing Bungie wants to fix?! Seriously, that is some horseshit-- let players who like the teleport run it. I liked moping up Supplicants. Teleporting, not so much. How does this affect the game? Why change it?

Eric WK

Let's be honest this update is just making it tougher for people who don't have a consistent raid team. It's gonna be a bitch trying to beat atheon with randoms, and It's gonna make it harder for weaker players who don't know how to use the relic.

Yup. You will now have a group of players who have repeatedly exploited bugs for the loot and another group of players facing an additional barrier to get that same loot.

todd360

Fig, zoba and I just showed hard mode who da best again. Of course I didn't get the armor I need to hit level 30. I don't even know why I want it so bad now. I have proved time and time again that I can beat it at a level disadvantage.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I guess they really want VoG to live up to by any means necessary to that bragging about VoG being hardest shit ever designed and created. Raid that won't be beaten on Hard for weeks if not months.

VoG + VoG Hard going into farm in few weeks must have been huge blow to some devs that kept talking about what insane challenge VoG is.

Ah, the joys of playing an MMO developed by a team with zero experience in MMOs.

blackflag

Hard raiding is going to be even worse for anyone under 30. Impossible even. Good thing I got in some cheese with my 27 Warlock and scored the helmet already.

Fix going through the damn portals first and the many other bugs. Make the damn raid more rewarding. It's a weekly activity like the Nightfall that can take several hours to complete compared to 20 minutes like this week's and yet you can score a legendary/exotic or a bunch of strange coins in an episode of Seinfeld and the other rewards a bunch of ass. Meanwhile people have been doing the raid for weeks trying to get any kind of raid gear. Here's an idea, drop that shit. It's completely random what kind of stats you get and you can through out the optimisation you were able to make choosing your faction vendor. I got 30 but my raid gear has a buttload of strength. No one wants strength. Speaking of which, so something about that too. In pve you'll get bitch slapped by praetorians getting in melee range and in pvp you'll get a buckshot to the face.

God damn it, Bungie.

Why impossible? I relic held in hard a couple times and it's no different. Everyone in the raid was 29. Just gotta put more fire on the minotaur and hobgoblins before oracles spawn.

Fix going through the damn portals first and the many other bugs. Make the damn raid more rewarding. It's a weekly activity like the Nightfall that can take several hours to complete compared to 20 minutes like this week's and yet you can score a legendary/exotic or a bunch of strange coins in an episode of Seinfeld and the other rewards a bunch of ass. Meanwhile people have been doing the raid for weeks trying to get any kind of raid gear. Here's an idea, drop that shit. It's completely random what kind of stats you get and you can throw out the optimisation you were able to make choosing your faction vendor. I got 30 but my raid gear has a buttload of strength. No one wants strength. Speaking of which, so something about that too. In pve you'll get bitch slapped by praetorians getting in melee range and in pvp you'll get a buckshot to the face.

God damn it, Bungie.

yup i have 3 raid chests all with different stats. i'd be inclined to raid again to get the perfect one (intellect + discipline with extra ammo for special and hand cannon).

Fig, zoba and I just showed hard mode who da best again. Of course I didn't get the armor I need to hit level 30. I don't even know why I want it so bad now. I have proved time and time again that I can beat it at a level disadvantage.

30 makes people stare at you in the tower

EL CUCO

Last night I went through one of the portals, only to be greeted by a bunch of Goblins. I said after I went through "OH DAMN! How the hell did the Goblins get here so fast?!"

Then I realized the portal didn't send me through and I was just on the other side of it -____-

ZangBa

I remember reading about how they had 1 team take 16 hours and fail, and another that couldn't figure out how to open gate in the beginning. They had to have had the most incompetent players testing their raid, lol.

RNG's fucked. this whole raid basically gave me duplicates lol.

Yep, say hello to my 4 raid gloves and 3 chests. And let's not forget the 8 chatterwhite shaders.

Btw it was nice playing the raid with you guys today, sorry didn't talk much. Haven't slept in 2 days and before this helped 2 other groups with hard raid after having beaten it 2 days ago.

If I don't get raid boots next week, I'm done with this game.

todd360

I remember reading about how they had 1 team take 16 hours and fail, and another that couldn't figure out how to open gate in the beginning. They had to have had the most incompetent players testing their raid, lol.

3 year old me playing sonic 2 on sega genesis could have figured out how to open the gate.

JackHerer

Awww yess. Just got the Crest of Alpha Lupi for my hunter from the engram I bought from Xur. Looks amazing.

My favorite armor in the game. Too bad its upgrade of reviving and being revived faster + more orbs generated by your super is not that amazing. Gonna be hard to say good-bye to my Knucklehead Radar's In-ADS radar perk. Might have to stick with that for PvP.

Why impossible? I relic held in hard a couple times and it's no different. Everyone in the raid was 29. Just gotta put more fire on the minotaur and hobgoblins before oracles spawn.

Does everyone have a fantastic rocket launcher? Has everyone maxed out their raid weapons with oracle disruptor? This change means you can't really use non-raid primaries as you have no idea what's going to happen once you hit Atheon.

I don't know why they're nerfing teamwork and instead choosing a cluster fuck scenario for their ultimate challenge.

The atheon teleport "fix" is seriously a tough fucking blow.

Bungie just doesnt get it, do they?

Instead of adding key features that they failed to have at launch, they would rather tell their playerbase how they want us to play rather than us making those decisions ourselves.

The lootcave nerf - I understand where they are coming from, but honestly, why do they care what people want to do for 5-6 hours? Its the players time to invest, not theirs. Their loot system is so horrible that those players were hardly even rewarded for their efforts, especially pre-patch.

The shotgun/assault rifle nerf - Focusing a balance change soley on PVP complaints, not realizing that PVE should have its own balance/focus. They bascially decided to make the bullet sponge bosses even more sponge-like.

Atheon Spawn - What the actual fuck? Why? WHY does this matter so much to you Bungie? WHY?! I dont get this at all.

6-way communication is hard as it is.

"I GOT TELEPORTED!"

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"IM GURRRY! WHO ARE YOU?"

"WHERE AM I!? HELP!!!"

Gaurdian Down.

Gaurdian Down.

Wipe.

Awesome!

Just saw this and.. it's excessive. Bungie cared about Lootcave because people were perpetuating the idea that it was the best way to progress when it wasn't. They didn't want Destiny to become known as "Lootcave: The Game" which is what plenty of people were already joking about.

As for communication issues, that sounds like a problem that PUGs have.. which is at the very least part of the reasoning behind no matchmaking for the raid. That being said, I've haven't had anything close to that kind of issue just yet and I've run the raid with a different group makeup every single time I've run it since week 2. And we've cleared every week since week 2.

Ah, the joys of playing an MMO developed by a team with zero experience in MMOs.

You mean in designing MMO's right? Because Luke has plenty of MMO experience.

MechDX

If you can't do raids, you have no reason to "max out" your character.

Yes I do. Its called a game and all games gave an end. Just because I don't have the time nor resources to do as they wish me to I shouldn't try?

same as leveling things for PVP to be the same as PVE is the same as saying I have to Raid to get a true endgame.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Apparently they brought a bunch of 360 NOSCOPE MLG 420 BLAZE IT cod players to test the raid.

Amusing, eh?

Yaari

Wish I could have atleast had some of that Atheon cheese before I'm forever excluded from clearing anymore VoG. Lol.

neoism

Okay, this has been bugging me for a couple days now, and I need some other opinions on this. The pictures below are of the final boss encounter. The statues light up with a certain pattern and spin around. I think that if you stand on the back side of the statues they all appear to have a monkey face/shape to them.

WYS0Afx.jpg

MAN I fucking loove that gun sight whhhy doesn't every auto rifle have it :(

Namikaze1

30 makes people stare at you in the tower
That's because they respect you and want to be you.

On another note, WTF! Why am I not getting any rep from Tiger strikes? I'm supposed to be past 1000 in rep exp points but it still shows up as 780 which is from when I did all the bounties today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom