• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snicky

Anyone for VoG with some first timers going through? I have experience finishing hard but running some friends through. PS4: Sn1cku

Edit: we are full, sorry guys. Will accept any FRs for future runs

Yaari

Inboxed. You at least need to have completed the raid on normal for the hard option to be selectable. If you don't have the option to select hard, you can join my party to beat him after everyone who wants the checkpoint gets it.

Alright thanks. Sorry no mic, so cant thank you on there. i will share it later today.

Fitts

Inboxed. You at least need to have completed the raid on normal for the hard option to be selectable. If you don't have the option to select hard, you can join my party to beat him after everyone who wants the checkpoint gets it.

Hey there. Sent you a PM because why not.

Grifter

Can I get in on a PSN cheese run out of curiosity (and need) before they patch? I've finished normal.

risottoball

I do not just Bungie to make Atheon portal teleport not buggy. They can't even make sure that their portals are correct how can I trust them to teleport randomly 3 people, and not the whole team, not just two.

patchday

Haul from normal raid just now with some gaffers:

Vision of Confluence
Prime Zealot Curiass (chest)
Prime Zealot Boots
7 shards!

Good haul, esp for 1st visit with the hunter

Spot the stat changes, because I cant.
10479101_307991859407574_8689042181591714590_o.jpg

10708540_307991832740910_3955753877643849143_o.jpg

1836836_307991796074247_54983539531873162_o.jpg
epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Still looking for a Warlock to cheese Atheon on Hard. Plenty of Gaffers want in, but I need a Warlock who can do it first. PSN: OldKingKratos

Hmm, decisions. I just randomly got the Voidfang Vestments exotic warlock chest armor from giving Xur my motes. But that warlock helmet (Light Beyond Nemesis) looks super-cool.

Do I blow my strange coins on the helmet? Or hold out hoping he's going to have a primary gun I want in a week or two? If you had to pick between the VV and the LBN which would you pick?

Strider

Lik, myself and one other gaffer just won a game 3 v6 in crucible lol Feels good yo!

And as a side note... Join in progress is so freakin slow or non existent in this game. what gives?! :/

dengatron

Out of curosity, does anyone here defend the VoG's loot system?
I did up until i deleted and remade my 6th titan to try for mythoclast. 10 tries at hard in the past 2 weeks and a couple before that too. Ive been 30 for 3 weeks and had everything but the seemingly super rare regular hard mode fusion rifle for ages because of having 5-6 titans but you shouldn't have to play like this to progress.

ZangBa

Out of curosity, does anyone here defend the VoG's loot system?

I think it's fine. Typically in an MMO you would get nothing from every boss, and if something you did need dropped, you'd have to fight over it with a bunch of people. As unlucky as it is to keep getting nothing, it's not really any different than when a boss drops loot and only 2 or 3 people will get something. You always get something in Destiny when you raid, even if it's just shards or energy, they are still valuable.

Ah I see. That should be a feature in the game. :/

There's a lot of QoL features I wish this game had. Like account wide reputation to start. :<

Ken

I think it's fine. Typically in an MMO you would get nothing from every boss, and if something you did need dropped, you'd have to fight over it with a bunch of people. As unlucky as it is to keep getting nothing, it's not really any different than when a boss drops loot and only 2 or 3 people will get something. You always get something in Destiny when you raid, even if it's just shards or energy, they are still valuable.<

I was thinking about this but in other MMOs, assuming you run with a pre-made, the group has control over who gets what loot.

ZangBa

I was thinking about this but in other MMOs, assuming you run with a pre-made, the group has control over who gets what loot.

Even with control I mean, it's unlikely you will get something even if you can use it. 25 people with a total of 3 or 4 pieces of gear from a rather large pool, it's more difficult to get geared out quickly. Destiny's loot system skips past all the loot making decisions. If bosses dropped loot you had to distribute, it would piss people off having to fight over the 1 Warlock pair of boots, Titan chest piece, and 4 shards, while the Hunters twiddle their thumbs waiting for it to be over. And then you get the dick leader that gives everything to himself or his friend when he finds 4 other people for Atheon one day.

Destiny's streamlined it fairly enough. I mean it sucks that some people are really unlucky, but they are going to need a ton of shards and especially energy anyway, and at the same time, the loot system in raids could have been so much worse.

Angry Guy

I'm tired and frustrated after a few hours of getting bodied so here's a big dumb thing.

I had an interesting raid experience tonight.

After the oracles, I got Praedyth's Revenge, which I already had. I shrugged and intently dismantled it.

After we knocked the Templar into the abyss, I got it again. I laughed, but inwardly I was cursing.

Chest. Warlock bond. Gatekeeper. Shards.

We had continued flawlessly up until Atheon, where one person suggested we try to cheese out the hard version. I was the only sunsinger. I was level 27 and had never attempted to cheese before. It was close to an hour of massacre. In sympathy my raid-brothers said they didn't think it was fair for me to bear the burden of frustration alone and we returned to normal.

By this time members of our team needed to leave. Slowly our original group fell apart. Pick ups were added to fill the gap. Our teamwork and execution began to suffer. The fight dragged on.

After a total of three hours spent in the raid I was exhausted. I'd only gotten five hours or so of sleep the previous night and had already been tired throughout the day. The clock hands soldiered silently on to midnight. As it struck twelve I said to myself: I've had enough. I didn't think we stood a chance of finishing anytime soon with a group that was underleveled, exhausted, and haphazardly thrown-together.

Defeated, I bid the team adieu and retired to my bed with my tail between my legs. My eyelids were drooping, barely able to stay open, and I planned to fall asleep right away. In my mind I wearily began to make plans to somehow get picked up for another group at the encounter on normal, already dreading organizing a pick-up.

Then something happened.

In a flash, all fatigue left my body. My eyes opened unburdened and I sat bolt upright in my bed. In an instant, my fighting spirit suddenly flared bright and majestic like the light of the sun whose power I wield and I said to myself: I will not let the sun set upon me defeated. I am not going to sleep until I see Atheon destroyed.

I booted up the game. I logged into my awoken sunsinger. Their eyes, burning from within with solar light, looked straight through me, daring me to rise to the vault's challenge. I flew to Venus alone, praying my checkpoint had been preserved.

On the third attempt something within me clicked. The gears of my heart ground together and moved in perfect unison.

Two miniature suns burned the glass throne. I saw Atheon's unfeeling, alien face look at me blankly, almost quizzically, as it plunged downward, past the throne, into the abyss.

A moment later I saw the spoils of victory.

Chatterwhite. Atheon's Epilogue. I had both of them already.

I scrapped them both.

Watching Atheon fall off the edge will be a gaming memory I remember for a long time. It is both unbelievably hilarious and ironic. Hilarious watching something that huge just helplessly waltz off a cliff. Ironic because it is symbolic of the entire state of Destiny.

After so many issues with loot, the Cryptarch drama, closing down the cave, etc. it's only fitting that the final boss of the much-hyped, hardcore endgame experience for Destiny can be pushed off a cliff by one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom