• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I have had zero interactions with factions.

If I choose to rep one, does all crucible and vanguard XP accumulate to one progression?

Its not like how it is now, that I have to rank up Vanguard and crucible separately?

Curses, I need one strange coin for my bounty.

I don't want to do the weekly, how are the odds of me getting a coin through an engram while I grind Tiger playlist?

breakfuss

If I choose to rep one, does all crucible and vanguard XP accumulate to one progression?

Its not like how it is now, that I have to rank up Vanguard and crucible separately?

It all goes to the faction.

Yes, both Vanguard and Crucible rep goes to the one faction. It can help level it up very quickly if you like to spread your time between PvE and PvP and doing double the bounties towards it each day.

Marvel

could never
So my Thorn now has the DoT...
iU4p95ueoBc2q.gif

Yep, all crucible and vanguard XP including bounties goes towards the progression. I manage to hit rank 3 for New Monarchy to get Vanquisher VIII in a week. I believe each time you rank up after 3, you will get a package from them.

Cheesed Atheon on my Titan and got a pile of junk ;_;. My last chance is convincing a friend to carry my 27 Hunter.

One member of my clan joined one of our warlocks in the last second while he was doing the cheesy thing, and got the ship, atheons epilogue, helmet and a bunch of mats, later, he did the same thing with an alt, joined in the last second and got the sparrow, mats, chatterwhite and mythoclast...yesterday he did the same thing again with another alt, and got a gear piece (legs i think), mats and the mythoclast AGAIN.

He didn´t even finished the raid once in normal, he only played until the gorgon's labyrinth and has received already way more loot in two days that any member in the clan playing the raid for two weeks...out of control.

Lucky fucker.

LiK

yep, i already maxed out with Vanguard and Crucible so I went to a faction to rank up for their shaders and armor.

Omni

Getting sick of the shotgun shit fest that this multiplayer consists of.

At this point I don't even care about this stupid exotic bounty. Ridiculous.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How does he get into hard mode if he never finished normal?

Just join them, you have to be Light 27 to enter though
Only thing the character who has never finished Normal yet jumped into hard at the last part can't get the checkpoint
Your character has to have cleared Normal once to trigger the Hard Raid checkpoint

ZangBa

One member of my clan joined one of our warlocks in the last second while he was doing the cheesy thing, and got the ship, atheons epilogue, helmet and a bunch of mats, later, he did the same thing with an alt, joined in the last second and got the sparrow, mats, chatterwhite and mythoclast...yesterday he did the same thing again with another alt, and got a gear piece (legs i think), mats and the mythoclast AGAIN.

He didn´t even finished the raid once in normal, he only played until the gorgon's labyrinth and has received already way more loot in two days that any member in the clan playing the raid for two weeks...out of control.

Lucky fucker.

I've already done it all legitimately 3 times so I don't feel any guilt doing it on my alts for a quick chance at Vex Mythoclast before the changes.

How does he get into hard mode if he never finished normal?

Someone else can start it for you, you just can't start it yourself.

LiK

I hate Fusion Rifles with a passion. At least shotties need to be close but FRs can insta-kill me with full shields at mid-range. I died so much to them in PVP today.

I've already done it all legitimately 3 times so I don't feel any guilt doing it on my alts for a quick chance at Vex Mythoclast before the changes.

Someone else can start it for you, you just can't start it yourself.

Oh, i am not mad at him, just envious lol

GraveRobberX

Man Xur has a dope gunslinger helm but I like bladedancer more in pvp... Hard decisions.

You will use Golden Gun in Raid, Blade Dancer is completely useless in there
That extra bullet on Golden Gun will help out more on boss damage

EL CUCO

Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna start looking into a faction since I end up playing both PvE and PVP for the extra XP in the bounties.

GraveRobberX

Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna start looking into a faction since I end up playing both PvE and PVP for the extra XP in the bounties.

I have Vanguard, FWC, New Monarchy @ Rank 3, Dead Orbit @2 and working on it, Crucible @1 (last thing I rank up)

Shout out to the Gaffers who just beat the hard raid with me, that was hilarious, picking up that guy was completely stoned out of his mind and the other guy who constantly yelled at him.

if it's thorn, i abandoned that shit the first game i had to use a shotgun. it popped up again later when i had found a good void sniper. over in 6 games, if that.

shotgun combat is so dull to me. just trading kills left and right.

Man Xur has a dope gunslinger helm but I like bladedancer more in pvp... Hard decisions.

Aside from the Mask of the Third Man, I think all of the Hunter helmets are pretty lame. They're all just the normal helmet with like an extra thing pasted on top of it. That symbiote one is just the worst.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you find the rewards for leveling up to be kinda similar across factions?
I'm almost in the same state than him...

The good at factions are the exclusive Legendary guns... the rewards to level up looks the same for me.

should've brought a Vita for remote play
It is the plan... it is the plan... at least I can play on my parent's home but others place will be hard with the crap 3G internet here.

J-Rzez

So "nightfall" has the best drop rate chance after raids right? Is that after you do the weekly still? Is it worth grinding that?

Shout out to the Gaffers who just beat the hard raid with me, that was hilarious, picking up that guy was completely stoned out of his mind and the other guy who constantly yelled at him.

LOL I wish I heard that conversion. I bet it was amusing, would be even better if the stone guy cheese Atheon for you guys :p

JayEH

I'm tired and frustrated after a few hours of getting bodied so here's a big dumb thing.

I had an interesting raid experience tonight.

After the oracles, I got Praedyth's Revenge, which I already had. I shrugged and intently dismantled it.

After we knocked the Templar into the abyss, I got it again. I laughed, but inwardly I was cursing.

Chest. Warlock bond. Gatekeeper. Shards.

We had continued flawlessly up until Atheon, where one person suggested we try to cheese out the hard version. I was the only sunsinger. I was level 27 and had never attempted to cheese before. It was close to an hour of massacre. In sympathy my raid-brothers said they didn't think it was fair for me to bear the burden of frustration alone and we returned to normal.

By this time members of our team needed to leave. Slowly our original group fell apart. Pick ups were added to fill the gap. Our teamwork and execution began to suffer. The fight dragged on.

After a total of three hours spent in the raid I was exhausted. I'd only gotten five hours or so of sleep the previous night and had already been tired throughout the day. The clock hands soldiered silently on to midnight. As it struck twelve I said to myself: I've had enough. I didn't think we stood a chance of finishing anytime soon with a group that was underleveled, exhausted, and haphazardly thrown-together.

Defeated, I bid the team adieu and retired to my bed with my tail between my legs. My eyelids were drooping, barely able to stay open, and I planned to fall asleep right away. In my mind I wearily began to make plans to somehow get picked up for another group at the encounter on normal, already dreading organizing a pick-up.

Then something happened.

In a flash, all fatigue left my body. My eyes opened unburdened and I sat bolt upright in my bed. In an instant, my fighting spirit suddenly flared bright and majestic like the light of the sun whose power I wield and I said to myself: I will not let the sun set upon me defeated. I am not going to sleep until I see Atheon destroyed.

I booted up the game. I logged into my awoken sunsinger. Their eyes, burning from within with solar light, looked straight through me, daring me to rise to the vault's challenge. I flew to Venus alone, praying my checkpoint had been preserved.

On the third attempt something within me clicked. The gears of my heart ground together and moved in perfect unison.

Two miniature suns burned the glass throne. I saw Atheon's unfeeling, alien face look at me blankly, almost quizzically, as it plunged downward, past the throne, into the abyss.

A moment later I saw the spoils of victory.

Chatterwhite. Atheon's Epilogue. I had both of them already.

I scrapped them both.

This is pure gold.

GraveRobberX

Do you find the rewards for leveling up to be kinda similar across factions?

Vanguard and FWC gave me Legendary weapon for reaching Rank 3 with them, New Monarchy gave me 1 Ass Shard/Energy for reaching 3 with them
Dead Orbit is last faction I want to hit 3, just so I can buy stuff if need be
Crucible will be the last faction I raise to 3

Then I'll just try to get Vanguard to Rank 10, then each faction slowly to 10

I think hitting certain Ranks rewards you stuff, I'm guessing Rank 3, 5,10? or it can be for every new rank

I'm doing this over 3 characters, so plate for leveling shit up is ginormous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom