• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

HgehnmR.jpg

I'm saddened by that Warlock armor set, it looks like slightly touched up stuff from level 10. Especially after very cool looking stuff that is VoG helm and chest armor.

That's not the new raid set.

excowboy

This is going to sound stupid... but how the heck to I join up with guild members?
I joined one of the GAF clans last night and I expected to see a list of members and status in the game so I could join them more easily. I can't find that anywhere. I REALLY want to try a raid but I haven't been able to connect with a group to do it.

Well, if the clan is active post in the forum or the chat and get folks to add you as a friend then organise a raid.

Fwiw I did my first raid last night by just going to the tower and finding some randoms. Good luck!

Deku Tree

Wanted to share my regular group's Atheon experience, post-patch.

Normal mode, all 29's and 30 so we breeze through the Raid. So we get to Atheon, fully prepared for random teleporting. The first Timestream opens and the usual question is asked - jungle/desert, left/right, Mars/Venus (this one is so wrong it's funny), but no answer...why? Only one person got teleported. Good fix, Bungie. This happened several times during the encounter, either one or two gets teleported and we had to send help in via the portal. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What was usually a routine encounter has now been broken by this "fix", and your chance of success is entirely dependent upon the Timestream teleport not glitching. There were other minor annoyances we also dealt with, but none as bad as the broken teleporting.

Seems Bungie was so desperate to get the ledge cheese out they were okay with implementing broken code. Still love the Raid, but repeatedly wiping at Atheon on hard because of broken mechanics would be infuriating.

I posted this earlier in this massive thread but... I got invited to try Hard Atheon last night with a team and I noticed several glitches and bugs...

1) I once got teleported to an empty area with no enemies and no other team-mates once. It looked like the Mars teleport room from the first phase of the Atheon fight... I couldn't leave so I just got marked by the void and died and we all wiped.

2) Another time I didn't get teleported but I got marked by the void anyway and couldn't be cleansed and died and we all wiped.

3) You can get detained after getting teleported... this happened a few times...

4) I took a lot of damage from Atheon inside the Relic bubble... and I had to leave or be killed...

5) several times I would be shooting Atheon with my multi-tool right at his critical spot from inside the relic bubble and I didn't see him taking any damage with damage stats popping up... not sure why...

6) the bug where you go through the teleporter and don't get teleported is still there and happened to me a few times...

The encounter seems harder with the random teleports and even more buggy than before...

Ragarra

Yeah I'm not worried about getting my "money's worth" either.... I've already got over 8 days of playtime in Destiny because I'm a filthy addict...

Honestly though when you have friends that play with you its so much more fun. I feel for anyone who is playing this game solo, I would have quit a long time ago. I can't stress enough how important it is to play with friends and if you don't have any - attempt to make friends in the game. You'll have a much better time. The best content in Destiny is tackled as a team.

I totally agree with this statement. Always great fun hanging out with our crew of people makes bounties, patrol, strikes, or glitching in the tower all the more fun.

Snicky

I posted this earlier in this massive thread but... I got invited to try Hard Atheon last night with a team and I noticed two glitches...

1) I once got teleported to an empty area with no enemies and no other team-mates once. It looked like the Mars teleport room from the first phase of the Atheon fight... I couldn't leave so I just got marked by the void and died and we all wiped.

2) Another time I didn't get teleported but I got marked by the void anyway and couldn't be cleansed and died and we all wiped.

3) You can get detained after getting teleported... this happened a few times...

4) I took a lot of damage from Atheon inside the Relic bubble... and I had to leave or be killed...

5) several times I would be shooting Atheon with my multi-tool right at his critical spot from inside the relic bubble and I didn't see him taking any damage with damage stats popping up... not sure why...

My group had the same bugs in normal minus the detainment after teleport since of course the detainment does not occur in normal.

I really wish they would fix the bugs before changing mechanics, my biggest issue with the game. I really do enjoy the gameplay and playing with Gaffers and others has been a blast.

Sulik2

Man the post 20 loot progression in this game is weird. I was expecting some sort of defined progression path like rift had, dungeons, expert dungeons, 10 man raids, 25 man raids with specific sets you could work towards tied to currency for completing those raids + random loot drops in the missions. Instead its just random loot drops and grind vanguard and crucible marks to buy some pieces of gear. Its awful. And no matchmaking on heroic strikes is idiotic.

Tovarisc

That's not the new raid set.

Yet all three armor sets are identical to every concept art, screenshot etc. on that official site. Color me pleased if that unimaginative and lackluster set of armor isn't warlocks Crota Tier, but for now I'm concerned.

GhaleonEB

Very surprised they only lifted the cap 2 levels. I thought it would go up 5 or 10.

What's the maximum level you can reach without the raid? My daughter (age 12) is currently level 23, and I have her communications restricted such that she currently has no one on her friends list. Where will she top out?

HaleStorm

I posted this earlier in this massive thread but... I got invited to try Hard Atheon last night with a team and I noticed several glitches and bugs...

6) the bug where you go through the teleporter and don't get teleported is still there and happened to me a few times...

The encounter seems harder with the random teleports and even more buggy than before...

Keep in mind even if the relic holder is holding the bubble button, if he is moving or strafing, the bubble does not stop incoming damage. they can only look around with out moving.

At least that is what I have noticed. It may not be an every time glitch, but it is often enough that I just plant my ass and don't move.

Skele7on

Banned
Very surprised they only lifted the cap 2 levels. I thought it would go up 5 or 10.

What's the maximum level you can reach without the raid? My daughter (age 12) is currently level 23, and I have her communications restricted such that she currently has no one on her friends list. Where will she top out?

26-27 dude :)

24 with just rare pieces.

Assuming she stumbles on an exotic and fully upgrades it that'll be 25-ish and close to 26. You can get to 29 without touching the raid. That would be with 1 exotic piece and buying the rest from the vanguard vendor assuming she won't play pvp.

Milennia

You can hit 29 without the raid

But it requires random vanguard epics so you would need to farm marks for a bit

zewone

Yet all three armor sets are identical to every concept art, screenshot etc. on that official site. Color me pleased if that unimaginative and lackluster set of armor isn't warlocks Crota Tier, but for now I'm concerned.

You can tell from the preview pictures below that the Crota set looks much more alien than even the VoG set:

Deku Tree

Keep in mind even if the relic holder is holding the bubble button, if he is moving or strafing, the bubble does not stop incoming damage. they can only look around with out moving.

At least that is what I have noticed. It may not be an every time glitch, but it is often enough that I just plant my ass and don't move.

Yeah I guess with the random teleports you can get an inexperienced relic holder who moves or gets pushed... so that might have explained my point 4...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So how many strange coins are you able to collect per week? And how do you do it?
Well, the way I look at it is, I get my guaranteed coins per week, then anything else that comes from engrams/nightfall/what have you is gravy.

So, last week I was able to do the Weekly Heroic on 28 with my Hunter for 9 and 26 with my Warlock for 6 (thanks again to those who helped him through it!) = 15 guaranteed.

This week, I did the 28 weekly with my Hunter and aim to do it again with my now-26 Warlock, so that'll = 18 guaranteed.

And my Titan just got to level 8... so next week, who knows.

29, with considerable effort. 28 is just fine.

Haha, just jump down to the right and jump over with one jump. Maybe it only works as a warlock though?

Yeah, I was just joking about another flawless raider run that was one jump away from glory...

By far the safest, most reliable least stressful (but still super stressful) route for flawless raider is to follow the intended spiral path of the platforms as they appear. There are 7 total (the magic number in the raid), and each jump is extremely short and simple once you know the pattern. You can't leave anything to chance or the fall damage might glitch, you might land weird and slide off, etc. etc.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yes please. I want to roll with anyone.

I have asked in the tread a couple of times and have added some people to my friends list but nothing has become consistent yet.

Damn, I wish I would have known. I ran the raid twice last night and we got someone from from a different site. I've had you on my friends list for forever and saw you were on, never knew you haven't completed it. I'll shoot you an invite next time we run it.

Steroyd

Bungie fix your shit, why "fix" the random 3 teleport "bug" if it only teleports 2 people, sweet Jesus get your priorities straight!

My experience with Destiny over the past 7 days.
Kor: Well that Thorn bounty was fun, but Thorn itself doesn't seem that interesting to me. I'd like to get into Hand Cannons, but Bungie said they'll be buffing Thorn in the future. I guess I'll just wait and try it then.

Destiny: But Kor, you should totally try hand cannons now. They're great. Here, how about a Legendary Hand Cannon, The Chance?

Kor: Okay, I'll give it a shot. (...) Okay, this is not for me, I just don't seem to be getting the hand of it.

Destiny: Well, what about this... We'll give you The Last Word from a Gorgon chest. How's that?

Kor: Okay, this seem fun and the sound is pretty amazing. Can't quite grasp it in PvP though, I'll give it to my Hunter Alt, so it can get some XP on it.

Destiny: FINE! Take Hawkmoon as well! Just take all the Hand Cannons! Why can't we ever please you.

Kor: Oh, this is fun. It's like everyone I didn't like about The Last Word is gone. Better ADS with a larger clip size. I think I'll use this.

Destiny: ...Good because we've got nothing left to offer you.

LiK

Yeah, I was just joking about another flawless raider run that was one jump away from glory...

By far the safest, most reliable least stressful (but still super stressful) route for flawless raider is to follow the intended spiral path of the platforms as they appear. There are 7 total (the magic number in the raid), and each jump is extremely short and simple once you know the pattern. You can't leave anything to chance or the fall damage might glitch, you might land weird and slide off, etc. etc.

Did you try Flawless again?

Deku Tree

Flawless Raider is going to be so hard now with all of the glitches :(

Yup. Your flawless until you get marked by the void when you didn't get teleported and you can't be cleansed and your team wipes... Or until you get teleported to an empty environment and you can't leave and you get marked and everyone dies... Sorry guardians!!!

Interesting glitch that happened to me in Kor's raid last night - got killed on the first phase of the Templar fight, and when a teammate revived me I got sent back to the first chest in the raid zone.

I made it to the other side.

But somehow, I died as soon as I landed. Never happened before. :(

Haha I know, I was just joking. It can be really frustrating because the raid is absolutely riddled with glitches. We have to do our best to reduce their likelihood of happening, even just a little bit

Did you try Flawless again?

Yeah, we are running it now. First attempt died on the jumping but we got some glitches on Atheon anyway (only ported 2 people twice in a row). Going to run it again and hope for the best. Sadly everyone missed their best chance before this patch hit, but it's still very doable. Everyone just has to be on their toes that much more.

Shito

I'm just catching up on the eurogamer article...
32 is a bit low, especially if this is still raid gear only, but this:

We're adding new bounty slots as part of this, so people can keep doing the weeklies along with picking up the new content that comes with the expansion. We're going from five to 10.
...makes me happy.
Small change, but I'll gladly take it!

Been enjoying my time with Destiny so far, got myself up to level 22. Done all the story missions, a few strike missions but have mainly been doing crucible as that’s normally a lot of fun.

Need some advice though, should I continue mainly spending the free time I have doing control as I have or would people recommend doing the strikes instead? Main reason I ask is that I know I get more armour from Strikes (Plus ones I can discard for parts) but collecting my main armour set im probably just going to save and buy them (level 30 stuff). From having a look I cant see much difference between the PvE and PvP gear except the upgrade abilities and so far I have managed well with a mix match of stuff. Only rank 1 for crucible and still rank 0 for Vanguard so wanted to check before I go full speed on either side.

Nameless

Anyone else notice this part from the expansion website?

I read that as you can increase you light level with stuff from the DLC story missions o_O

Yes please. While I'd obviously like to get to 30 at some point, it's in no way a pressing matter. I'm a casual raider; if I get an invite and have 3-4 uninterrupted hours in front of me I'll usually join up. But quite frankly getting to 30 as fast as possible doesn't seem worth the stress and anguish chronic raiders put themselves through(even more so now)--from LFG begging, to getting shards & shaders clear after clear.

Still, I've been banking ass shards just in case I do happen to get some raid gear, but if this is true I'd much rather invest those into a scout rifle build and upgrade that along with my AR-focused legendaries when the DLC hits. I support this, Bungie.

Snicky

Yes, in my experience this is not an every time glitch. I have definitely slowly walked with the shield up and continued blocking incoming damage. Definitely smart to not move, however.

We also experienced a glitch on the gatekeepers I had not experienced before in which someone went through the left portal, immediately died, and his positioning was such that we could not revive him. He died in the very middle of the portal. I died and took the view of his dead orb and it appeared the portal had two sides to it with his corpse directly in the middle, was hilarious.

Congratulations. Acquire a great legendary swap-in like TDYK, Lord High Fixer, Red Hand IX or Timur's Lash and fully join the flock.

The whole reason I became interested is because my wife recommend them for their playstyle. Just got a random Lord High Fixer drop and has been using it for some time now.

Fixed1979

I'm just catching up on the eurogamer article...
32 is a bit low, especially if this is still raid gear only, but this:

...makes me happy.
Small change, but I'll gladly take it!

Yeah, having extra slots is going to be really nice. 5 is manageable, but as soon as you get an exotic bounty (or a couple) it really hampers how you deal with bounties.

Been enjoying my time with Destiny so far, got myself up to level 22. Done all the story missions, a few strike missions but have mainly been doing crucible as that’s normally a lot of fun.

Need some advice though, should I continue mainly spending the free time I have doing control as I have or would people recommend doing the strikes instead? Main reason I ask is that I know I get more armour from Strikes (Plus ones I can discard for parts) but collecting my main armour set im probably just going to save and buy them (level 30 stuff). From having a look I cant see much difference between the PvE and PvP gear except the upgrade abilities and so far I have managed well with a mix match of stuff. Only rank 1 for crucible and still rank 0 for Vanguard so wanted to check before I go full speed on either side.

If you enjoy doing PVP more than strikes and weekly missions then I would say stick with it and complete all of your daily bounties (or as many as you can). On the flip side though, I think most people work on Vanguard as points and marks are much more plentiful.

GhaleonEB

Thanks guys. I'll let her know what to expect.

It's unlikely that either of us will ever touch a raid without matchmaking, but I don't want to open that particular can of worms. :p

You can tell from the preview pictures below that the Crota set looks much more alien than even the VoG set:

Hmm. Dissapoint if this is accurate. The raid weapons appear to be almost identical to VoG raid weapons... but they are white? You got an Arc Handcannon... a Void high RoF Assaut Rifle... etc etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom