• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I would actually be totally fine with getting those rumored exotic materials in the next raid and being able to apply those to your existing legendaries to get them up to 32.

what I think would be pretty cool is having multiple sets of raid gear that all can reach 32, each with bonuses against a certain faction, switching between them as the enemies you face demand

Like how the current set of raid gear can drop orbs from killing Vex, right? To be able to max those out, use those in vex missions, then switch to the new raid gear whenever you're fighting the hive would be great. That way they can incentivize people to check out the new content and keep current raid weapons and armor relevant at the same time.

They'll never do it :(
that would be awesome if existing legendaries could be upgraded too. we'll see what happens

huhhh, I thought that raid gear had higher base light. Maybe I'm wrong about that though. Fully upgraded it should yield 30 light though, and the Crucible ones will be stuck at 27 fully upgraded.

I think I have it cleared up now. Assuming DestinyDB is correct, both raid and crucible boots have the same base light, but raid boots will max at 30 whereas crucible will max at 27. Wouldn't mind some confirmation of this, though.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1698410142-prime-zealot-greaves#1.MMiNnWE8

http://www.destinydb.com/items/3738854615-aos-cryptid#1.MzirwAB8

Deku Tree

I am thinking now that the mida multi-tool is the most under-rated exotic on GAF. I love mine. It has extreme range, it does incredible damage, low recoil, it has radar during ADS, and WOW the agility perk is massive (I am addicted to it), and it has a large clip too. I can take out a whole crowd of decently high enemies with easy head shots all in one clip (and I haven't even put in the last three defense upgrades yet).

huhhh, I thought that raid gear had higher base light. Maybe I'm wrong about that though. Fully upgraded it should yield 30 light though, and the Crucible ones will be stuck at 27 fully upgraded.

No I thought RAID gear acted like legendaries except that it can get up to a total of 30 light where legendaries only go up to 27. The last three upgrades are 1+2+2 for legendaries and 2+3+3 light for RAID. Otherwise the gear is exactly the same in terms of light levels.

Frenden

Banned
I lucked into a synergistic tripmine hunter build.

* Raid Helm
* Ahamkara's Spine

Between the raid helm and Spine, I have almost maxed Discipline. By the time the extended trip mine grenade times out and explodes, another is ready. Infinite area denial in PvE is nice.

In PvP, having a tripmine almost always at the ready and faster reload on Pocket Infinity from the gauntlets should be rad.

Daemul

What do you mean by there don't seem to be other exotics to replace them, like the new exotics don't overlap with the old ones? That's actually pretty cool if true, I haven't seen the descriptions of them beyond every now and then on a wiki or whatever (unverfiable). I know there are boots at least!

Yeah, the new exotics all give different perks, there is no overlap with the current ones. I mentioned earlier that a new item, which was datamined with all the other information, will probably be added with the expansion and allow us to upgrade our current exotics to light 32. You don't have to worry about the exotics getting invalidated, the Raid and upcoming level 30 Iron Banner gear however....

Seep

Originally Posted by PuMa
So if we bought the Digital Guardian Edition, we automatically get this first expansion, right?

I bought the standard version but when I play my dashboard says digital guardian do I get free DLC?

Fuck being last on page.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I lucked into a synergistic tripmine hunter build.

* Raid Helm
* Ahamkara's Spine

Between the raid helm and Spine, I have almost maxed Discipline. By the time the extended trip mine grenade times out and explodes, another is ready. Infinite area denial in PvE is nice.

In PvP, having a tripmine almost always at the ready and faster reload on Pocket Infinity from the gauntlets should be rad.
now that's advocacy for the hard raid if ever I've seen it. Though I suppose it'll be a random roll and I'll get INT + STR when one does drop for me.

it is rad. most rad indeed.

thanks guys for the normal raid lol :p
yeah the random teleporting ....=
dansgame.png

it was still a blast.

4omtbo.jpg

haha twas fun.
No major hiccups apart from my one bout of monkeyism and being teleported alone.
I'm a little jelly that I saw Hawkmoon pop up for someone else lol.

MADGAME

Wanted to share my regular group's Atheon experience, post-patch.

Normal mode, all 29's and 30 so we breeze through the Raid. So we get to Atheon, fully prepared for random teleporting. The first Timestream opens and the usual question is asked - jungle/desert, left/right, Mars/Venus (this one is so wrong it's funny), but no answer...why? Only one person got teleported. Good fix, Bungie. This happened several times during the encounter, either one or two gets teleported and we had to send help in via the portal. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What was usually a routine encounter has now been broken by this "fix", and your chance of success is entirely dependent upon the Timestream teleport not glitching. There were other minor annoyances we also dealt with, but none as bad as the broken teleporting.

Seems Bungie was so desperate to get the ledge cheese out they were okay with implementing broken code. Still love the Raid, but repeatedly wiping at Atheon on hard because of broken mechanics would be infuriating.

LiK

Normal mode, all 29's and 30 so we breeze through the Raid. So we get to Atheon, fully prepared for random teleporting. The first Timestream opens and the usual question is asked - jungle/desert, left/right, Mars/Venus (this one is so wrong it's funny), but no answer...why? Only one person got teleported. Good fix, Bungie. This happened several times during the encounter, either one or two gets teleported and we had to send help in via the portal. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What was usually a routine encounter has now been broken by this "fix", and your chance of success is entirely dependent upon the Timestream teleport not glitching. There were other minor annoyances that we dealt with also, but none as bad as the broken teleporting.

Seems Bungie was so desperate to get the ledge cheese out they were okay with implementing broken code. Still love the Raid, but repeatedly wiping at Atheon on hard because of broken mechanics would be infuriating.

Wow, that sucks. So now the teleportation is more broken.

Frenden

Banned
now that's advocacy for the hard raid if ever I've seen it. Though I suppose it'll be a random roll and I'll get INT + STR when one does drop for me.

it is rad. most rad indeed.

Totally. I don't mention it because I'm not at home and don't have the exact perks in front of me, but the raid helm and spine have a nice grenade restores melee, melee restores grenade, more super energy loop to them too.

I've never felt like such a killing machine in game.

Daggoth

haha twas fun.
No major hiccups apart from my one bout of monkeyism and being teleported alone.
I'm a little jelly that I saw Hawkmoon pop up for someone else lol.
Ghron on second run. I may or may not be crying on the inside for you guys.

It was chaos at the end but it was actually pretty educational after we stopped dying!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, the new exotics all give different perks, there is no overlap with the current ones. I mentioned earlier that a new item, which was datamined with all the other information, will probably be added with the expansion and allow us to upgrade our current exotics to light 32. You don't have to worry about the exotics getting invalidated, the Raid and upcoming level 30 Iron Banner gear however....
that definitely supports everything I've claimed about exotics up until this point, and further supports the idea that the cap on equipping 1 armor/1 wep will not be lifted. It also means I'll be even more compelled to fill out my collection... I'm already having a blast working two builds apiece on my Hunter and Warlock. damnit.

k1t4j

Lv 29 hunter with:

Hawkmoon
Praedyth's Revenge
Hezen Vengeance

All 2 upgrades short of Max Upgrades

If anyone has a spot on a Hard Raid please let me know :)

Thanks!

Frenden

Banned
that definitely supports everything I've claimed about exotics up until this point, and further supports the idea that the cap on equipping 1 armor/1 wep will not be lifted. It also means I'll be even more compelled to fill out my collection... I'm already having a blast working two builds apiece on my Hunter and Warlock. damnit.

Me too, man. My Warlock alt has been a BLAST. I have a Voidfang Vestments/Bloom thing going and it's a refreshing break from Hunter.

I have all the bounty-able exotics except Thorn and juuuuust enough of the other exotics to feel like I CAN MAYBE SNAG THEM ALL. Your Pokemon analogy was apt.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Totally. I don't mention it because I'm not at home and don't have the exact perks in front of me, but the raid helm and spine have a nice grenade restores melee, melee restores grenade, more super energy loop to them too.

I've never felt like such a killing machine in game.
a thought-out Pocket Infinity build in the Crucible definitely gives you the sensation of being unstoppable. I must get better with my headshots with Hawkmoon cause for the moment I just outright play better with PI and I can't be having that!

E92 M3

So true.

As much as it bothered me about 343 taking over Halo, at this point I'm kinda glad. At least they seem to care and listen to the fans. I feel like Bungie changed a lot since the Halo 3 days.

I think it's because a lot of core people left Bungie. Or they have major leadership/communication problems there. I know there are a lot of good people at Bungie, but the individuals are getting muted.

Daemul

I'm currently on the hunt for every single piece of exotic Titan gear myself, and I'm only missing The Helm of Saint 14 and The Chest of Alpha Lupi.

Daemul

Anyone else notice this part from the expansion website?

NEW STORY MISSIONS AND QUESTS

After years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find her in the Tower to complete her quests and three new story missions, increase your Light, and earn the weapons and armor you’ll need to face what waits in the dark below.

I read that as you can increase you light level with stuff from the DLC story missions o_O

Frenden

Banned
a thought-out Pocket Infinity build in the Crucible definitely gives you the sensation of being unstoppable. I must get better with my headshots with Hawkmoon cause for the moment I just outright play better with PI and I can't be having that!

25-30% of my Crucible kills are precision kills. Headshots for days. Nothing more satisfying than a hand cannon popping a Crucibro brain. :p

Deku Tree

If IB vendor will sell same armor as he did in beta then Warlock will have gloves and helm.

Ugh... so my only chance for level 30 is RNG from the RAID for my boots...

Bungie DLC said:
A new set of story content will be run through a new vendor character, called Eris, who takes up residence in the Tower social hub. She sends players on a mission against the Hive alien race in a bid to stop big bad boss Crota from taking over the Solar System.

I really hope since Eris is a Vendor that she sells good stuff... let me grind and level up my RAID rank and buy stuff that didn't drop for me via RNG plz.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Me too, man. My Warlock alt has been a BLAST. I have a Voidfang Vestments/Bloom thing going and it's a refreshing break from Hunter.

I have all the bounty-able exotics except Thorn and juuuuust enough of the other exotics to feel like I CAN MAYBE SNAG THEM ALL. Your Pokemon analogy was apt.
Voidfang Vestments is such a great exotic. I wrote it off like an idiot as "Voidwalker-only lulz" when first reading it over. Obviously it's ideal for Voidwalkers but also Gift of the Sun + grenade spawn, juhwhaaaaat

And exactly... I have every exotic bounty weapon, 1 out of 2 PS exclusive primaries, a few other choice weapons, 1 out 3 total gauntlets. 4 of 9 helms, 2 of 6 chests, and my buying power every week is growing... damn.

Deku Tree

Voidfang Vestments is such a great exotic. I wrote it off like an idiot as "Voidwalker-only lulz" when first reading it over. Obviously it's ideal for Voidwalkers but also Gift of the Sun + grenade spawn, juhwhaaaaat

And exactly... I have every exotic bounty weapon, 1 out of 2 PS exclusive primaries, a few other choice weapons, 1 out 3 total gauntlets. 4 of 9 helms, 2 of 6 chests, and my buying power every week is growing... damn.

So how many strange coins are you able to collect per week? And how do you do it?

Normal mode, all 29's and 30 so we breeze through the Raid. So we get to Atheon, fully prepared for random teleporting. The first Timestream opens and the usual question is asked - jungle/desert, left/right, Mars/Venus (this one is so wrong it's funny), but no answer...why? Only one person got teleported. Good fix, Bungie. This happened several times during the encounter, either one or two gets teleported and we had to send help in via the portal. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What was usually a routine encounter has now been broken by this "fix", and your chance of success is entirely dependent upon the Timestream teleport not glitching. There were other minor annoyances we also dealt with, but none as bad as the broken teleporting.

The same thing happened to us. It took about 3 tries before he would actually teleport all 3 people. The first try he ported no one twice so we were getting free damage on Atheon (too bad we all don't have Gjallarhorns) and then it decided to port only one person causing an insta-wipe.

We had no problem with different people going into the portal/being relic holder but to wipe multiple times because they are fixing a 'bug' that wasn't even an issue is stupid.

This is going to sound stupid... but how the heck to I join up with guild members?
I joined one of the GAF clans last night and I expected to see a list of members and status in the game so I could join them more easily. I can't find that anywhere. I REALLY want to try a raid but I haven't been able to connect with a group to do it.

5 out of 6 Guardians agree: The jumping puzzle sucks ass.

The 6th Guardian was plummeting to his death in the abyss, so we couldn't hear his opinion, haha.

rNilla

I read that as you can increase you light level with stuff from the DLC story missions o_O

Maybe that gear will let you get as high as 31 but raid gear will be needed for 32. Though I can't imagine story missions just giving away Legendary gear.

LiK

This is going to sound stupid... but how the heck to I join up with guild members?
I joined one of the GAF clans last night and I expected to see a list of members and status in the game so I could join them more easily. I can't find that anywhere. I REALLY want to try a raid but I haven't been able to connect with a group to do it.

Clans are nothing but tags. People mainly plan out Raid groups here.

Midas

5 out of 6 Guardians agree: The jumping puzzle sucks ass.

The 6th Guardian was plummeting to his death in the abyss, so we couldn't hear his opinion, haha.

Haha, just jump down to the right and jump over with one jump. Maybe it only works as a warlock though?

hydruxo

You can't. You have manually find them elsewhere and invite them / join their fireteam from your friends list.

Atheon change is kind of neat. No more of the get back to the back stuff. You can go ham until the timer runs out assuming you have a Titan bubble to transition from once the relic dies. Took as 3 portal runs.

Pretty unremarkable loot wise but I did get my first Vex Mythoclast. All that's left for me is to get Fatebringer, Corrective Measure and Praetorian Foil and that'll be all the raid loots acquired. Hopefully I'm not saying the same thing in a month's time lol

Haha, just jump down to the right and jump over with one jump. Maybe it only works as a warlock though?

Titan can do it, too. Yup, jump down to the rightmost platform, then boost across. You'll fall hard but should survive, and if you use your boost early in the leap, you can use it a tiny amount near the bottom to cushion your fall.

Snicky

Had the same experience last night with a very experienced group of raiders. We experienced a multitude of bugs, took us about 2 hours just to kill Atheon after taking 45 minutes to get there. Several times we got him down to almost no health only to get porting bugs, lack of time's vengeance, etc.. It was very frustrating but we got him down in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom