• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to knock on the nightfall and weekly heroics yesterday despite a parade of monkey, quail, and weasel errors.

@Hawkian, is the raid on for tonight per usual?

Shito

Yeah, having extra slots is going to be really nice. 5 is manageable, but as soon as you get an exotic bounty (or a couple) it really hampers how you deal with bounties.
Yep, I'm currently (slowly) working on two exotic bounties, and each time I come back to the tower to return some standard ones, I always fear of having a third exotic one pop up...

HaleStorm

Yeah I guess with the random teleports you can get an inexperienced relic holder who moves or gets pushed... so that might have explained my point 4...

Because of the bumping of the relic holder we don't take more than two extra people into the bubble. That works on normal, but I don't know about hard. I don't think any of my group will ever be good enough for the hard raid.

Heel

I'm sure you're well aware of the negative reaction to the story in the core game. You say it'll be different in the DLC, but how exactly?

Harold Ryan: Have you done the Thorn exotic quest?

I'm right at the end and need someone to help me with the last stage.

Harold Ryan: So, looking at how the exotic quests work, like the Thorn quest, was the inspiration for how we're attempting to tell the story in this expansion.

i7r9xAdQ6YjGb.gif

Daemul

I regret being so eager to reach level 30, it killed the game for me. Now all I do is log on to do the Nightfall, level 28 weekly and Hard raid and then I'm done until the next reset. The rest of the week is just spent doing normal raid runs with pug groups for the lulz, spent hoping that Xur sells the Helm of Saint 14 and sometimes, I play some Crucible. I have every weapon I want from the vendors so both my marks are maxed at 200 and just sit there being useless, so the incentive to slog through the Tiger Strikes is now gone, and my faction is being a bitch and not giving me my damn shaders, fuck you New Monarchy.

I might just create a Warlock or second Titan so that I have something to do.

Lima

Hmm. Dissapoint if this is accurate. The raid weapons appear to be almost identical to VoG raid weapons... but they are white? You got an Arc Handcannon... a Void high RoF Assaut Rifle... etc etc....

Keep in mind that this is data mined. Things will most likely change for the full release. Remember that the data mining back in August showed that the current raid would have two sets of armor for each character. As we know this is not the case.

phen0m24

This week, I did the 28 weekly with my Hunter and aim to do it again with my now-26 Warlock, so that'll = 18 guaranteed.

Warlock party! If you would like company... (readies Prestige IV and Praedyth's Revenge)

Congratulations. Acquire a great legendary swap-in like TDYK, Lord High Fixer, Red Hand IX or Timur's Lash and fully join the flock.

LOL!! Nice.
but you need the hawk/eagle emblem to complete the look

Fixed1979

What's wrong with the epic bounties? IMO that would be a step ahead in terms of story telling from where the game is now. They're easily one of the more thought out and entertaining parts of the game. Now whether you like the activities that the bounty asks you to accomplish is something else entirely.

ocean

Banned
Yeah I don't even know what that means. The Exptic bounties are disjointed, random lists of to-do challenges. They're alright for getting weapons, they're a mechanic I like. I hope they use that system to let us upgrade current Exotic armor to 32, given that Exotics tend to have unique perks.

With Story missions, I liked the Reef part. There was a cutscene encouraging me to do a mission, and a cutscene after it bit kind of gave it context whereas most other missions were just kill shit because reasons.

If they structured more missions like that Reef one the game would feel completely different and would have gotten half the flak it got for exposition.

LiK

Yeah, prefect all the way except I died on the jump puzzle AFTER landing on the other side. Never happened before. :(

Feel bad for the team, we did so well.

Yeah, we had only 2 people, the same 2 players teleport each time. Third one had to enter the portal manually.

Hah, seems like a trend. It happened to me and happened to Afro during our attempt prepatch. I swear to gawd there are some fucked up collision at the ledges after the platforming.

realcZk

I really think Thorn was a bad example. I like that exotic bounties are a grind and are supposed to be hard. You are getting an exotic weapon as a reward. The thorn bounty is a great example of how much someone should work for an exotic reward, your opinions on Thorn's performance aside.

But, I think they meant that the story is going to be told through bounties/game activities. I have no idea what to expect and if it's anything like this, I'll still be disappointed (still better than "press square to deploy ghost"):

• Kill 200 dregs to free them of the curse
  • Return the dreg saliva to the gunsmith
  • Collect 25 shank coils
  • Bring the shank coils to the speaker
    *brief cutscene time*

HaleStorm

I regret being so eager to reach level 30, it killed the game for me. Now all I do is log on to do the Nightfall, level 28 weekly and Hard raid and then I'm done until the next reset. The rest of the week is just spent doing normal raid runs with pug groups for the lulz, hoping that Xur sells the Helm of Saint 14 and sometimes, I play some Crucible. I have every weapon I want from the vendors so both my marks are maxed at 200 and just sat there being useless, so the incentive to slog through the Tiger Strikes is now gone, and my faction is being a bitch and not giving me my damn shaders, fuck you New Monarchy.

This revived my interest in the game.

And a new set of awesome gear from a raid last weekend. AE made the night fall fun and easy this time around.

NeOak

lol dead

Thanks guys. I'll let her know what to expect.

It's unlikely that either of us will ever touch a raid without matchmaking, but I don't want to open that particular can of worms. :p

May I suggest that you bring her along with you and you relay what she says?

That is, if you have the means. I do that for a friend who's really shy so when I bring her asking to do stuff with me and a friend I have to relay what she says on Teamspeak to my friend on PS4.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I regret being so eager to reach level 30, it killed the game for me. Now all I do is log on to do the Nightfall, level 28 weekly and Hard raid and then I'm done until the next reset. The rest of the week is just spent doing normal raid runs with pug groups for the lulz, hoping that Xur sells the Helm of Saint 14 and sometimes, I play some Crucible. I have every weapon I want from the vendors so both my marks are maxed at 200 and just sat there being useless, so the incentive to slog through the Tiger Strikes is now gone, and my faction is being a bitch and not giving me my damn shaders, fuck you New Monarchy.

Yeah, create other characters. If I only played the one character, I would probably play 25% of how much I play now.

MADGAME

The same thing happened to us. It took about 3 tries before he would actually teleport all 3 people. The first try he ported no one twice so we were getting free damage on Atheon (too bad we all don't have Gjallarhorns) and then it decided to port only one person causing an insta-wipe.

We had no problem with different people going into the portal/being relic holder but to wipe multiple times because they are fixing a 'bug' that wasn't even an issue is stupid.

Had the same experience last night with a very experienced group of raiders. We experienced a multitude of bugs, took us about 2 hours just to kill Atheon after taking 45 minutes to get there. Several times we got him down to almost no health only to get porting bugs, lack of time's vengeance, etc.. It was very frustrating but we got him down in the end.

I posted this earlier in this massive thread but... I got invited to try Hard Atheon last night with a team and I noticed several glitches and bugs...

1) I once got teleported to an empty area with no enemies and no other team-mates once. It looked like the Mars teleport room from the first phase of the Atheon fight... I couldn't leave so I just got marked by the void and died and we all wiped.

2) Another time I didn't get teleported but I got marked by the void anyway and couldn't be cleansed and died and we all wiped.

3) You can get detained after getting teleported... this happened a few times...

4) I took a lot of damage from Atheon inside the Relic bubble... and I had to leave or be killed...

5) several times I would be shooting Atheon with my multi-tool right at his critical spot from inside the relic bubble and I didn't see him taking any damage with damage stats popping up... not sure why...

6) the bug where you go through the teleporter and don't get teleported is still there and happened to me a few times...

The encounter seems harder with the random teleports and even more buggy than before...

So others have the same issues. I would be very interested in hearing the other side of the argument that the patch was designed to fix a bug (which it clearly did not), as opposed to stop-gapping cheese loot. In addition to implementing a broken teleport bug, additional issues have been introduced.

zewone

Hmm. Dissapoint if this is accurate. The raid weapons appear to be almost identical to VoG raid weapons... but they are white? You got an Arc Handcannon... a Void high RoF Assaut Rifle... etc etc....

I'm disappointed that the new guns elements are very similar to the last raid. I'm hoping that one of the new raid auto rifles isn't a bullet hose.

So what does everyone think of The Dark Below?

Seems like it is in line with the leak, hopefully the story missions are better. PLEASE.

Interview regarding the shitty Destiny story:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-the-dark-below-takes-aim-at-story-criticism

December 12th is my birthday and this comes out the 9th so I will be having a fun time that week!

I just hope the story missions have some meat, scripted events, SOMETHING HAPPENS. And I hope the leak regarding the escape on the sparrows in the raid is real.

No word of that 3rd subclass that was "leaked" and supposed to come out with this...

realcZk

I'm disappointed that the new guns elements are very similar to the last raid. I'm hoping that one of the new raid auto rifles isn't a bullet hose.

We might still see a "hidden/powerful" weapon from the hard mode final boss drop like the Vex Mythoclast, I'm excited for that one. But yeah, the next raid AR looks like a bullet hose as well.

Heel

I really think Thorn was a bad example. I like that exotic bounties are a grind and are supposed to be hard. You are getting an exotic weapon as a reward. The thorn bounty is a great example of how much someone should work for an exotic reward, your opinions on Thorn's performance aside.

But, I think they meant that the story is going to be told through bounties/game activities. I have no idea what to expect and if it's anything like this, I'll still be disappointed (still better than "press square to deploy ghost"):

• Kill 200 dregs to free them of the curse
  • Return the dreg saliva to the gunsmith
  • Collect 25 shank coils
  • Bring the shank coils to the speaker
    *brief cutscene time*

Sounds like a great way to artificially lengthen 3 story missions.

Talk to me? No, go collect shit, as you've been doing throughout the entire game, and then talk to me.

noomi

This weeks nightfall was a real struggle for me, tried to go at it solo and failed 7 times, grabbed one friend and we got through it with ease..... protip: bring a friend :)

phen0m24

Very surprised they only lifted the cap 2 levels. I thought it would go up 5 or 10.

What's the maximum level you can reach without the raid? My daughter (age 12) is currently level 23, and I have her communications restricted such that she currently has no one on her friends list. Where will she top out?

Hey Ghaleon!! My son is 10 and running a 23 Hunter as an alt on my account. He routinely plays via remote play on the Vita.

Heck, I would love for him to learn raid mechanics some time too.
(He's likely got better twitch reflexes than his old man)
Friend me if you want and maybe we can watch them play together sometime.

PSN: ColonelOCorn

(GAF Jr.)

Keep in mind that this is data mined. Things will most likely change for the full release. Remember that the data mining back in August showed that the current raid would have two sets of armor for each character. As we know this is not the case.

True, true. I wonder if that second set of VoG raid armor will drop when the DLC does... as some sort of bonus or higher ranking +30 light bonus.

zewone

I regret being so eager to reach level 30, it killed the game for me. Now all I do is log on to do the Nightfall, level 28 weekly and Hard raid and then I'm done until the next reset. The rest of the week is just spent doing normal raid runs with pug groups for the lulz, spent hoping that Xur sells the Helm of Saint 14 and sometimes, I play some Crucible. I have every weapon I want from the vendors so both my marks are maxed at 200 and just sit there being useless, so the incentive to slog through the Tiger Strikes is now gone, and my faction is being a bitch and not giving me my damn shaders, fuck you New Monarchy.

I did hard raid 3 times last night (up to gorgons) and all of my characters only got shards and energy. I feel it's ridiculous to do the hardest content in the game and be rewarded with nothing. Really turns me off from playing this game and I think I'm going to just be playing on Tuesday resets.

LiK

It's unlikely that either of us will ever touch a raid without matchmaking, but I don't want to open that particular can of worms. :p

You're better off playing with Gaffers. Randoms will drop out over stupid stuff. I've met so many great people from GAF in the Raid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Why don't you liiiiiikes us :p
Warlock party! If you would like company... (readies Prestige IV and Praedyth's Revenge)
Yes.

For anyone interested, my friend here is referring to a Warlock-only run of the Nightfall/Weekly we are planning, possibly tonight. We will need one more so let me know if you're interested IF YOU'RE A WARLOCK.
but you need the hawk/eagle emblem to complete the look
;)

Managed to knock on the nightfall and weekly heroics yesterday despite a parade of monkey, quail, and weasel errors.

@Hawkian, is the raid on for tonight per usual?
Oh hell yeah it is!

Roster:
1. NarcissisticJay
2. win1991
3. UnionCarbine
4. Palom12
5. Hawkian
6. Squall ASF

I've got a bit of a list of alts already this time too :O

This is also a good time to mention that tomorrow, Thursday at 9:00PM Eastern Time (and presumably more thursdays to follow), I will be leading my first newbies-only raid group. Those who are looking to try the raid out for the first time (or just make some more progress) in a casual and stress-free environment, please sign up for slots- there are currently 4 open. I will teach effective (non-cheesy) strategies and encourage players to try multiple roles throughout the Vault in preparation for Atheon. Level 26 is necessary and 27 is a huge plus.

Is there any point in getting The Chance (FWC Legendary Hand Cannon) to 300? Seems like one of the worst purple+ Hand Cannons based on cylinder size.

Sounds like a great way to artificially lengthen 3 story missions.

Talk to me? No, go collect shit, as you've been doing throughout the entire game, and then talk to me.

"But first... your ghost must scan this truly amazing, ancient artifact... it will need protecting... from waves of dark enemies as he does so guardian."

Lima

We might still see a "hidden/powerful" weapon from the hard mode final boss drop like the Vex Mythoclast, I'm excited for that one. But yeah, the next raid AR looks like a bullet hose as well.

We already know what the "Vex" of Crota's End will be. An auto rifle called Necrochasm.

Is there any point in getting The Chance (FWC Legendary Hand Cannon) to 300? Seems like one of the worst purple+ Hand Cannons based on cylinder size.

If you were lucky enough to drop it with field scout yeah. Otherwise trash it.

realcZk

It's good but yeah, 6 shots is weak compared to other HC. I'd recommend The Devil You Know from the vanguard if you are wanting to max out a legendary vendor handcannon. If you have energy to spare it won't hurt to max it out. Remember that if you dismantle a fully upgraded weapon (xp wise, not materials) you'll get 5 asc energy back I believe.

I can come on my Titan, level 29

Can't fucking believe my 2nd Alt 3 weeks old hit 29... =S

My 2nd Alt got to 27 in less than 18 hours of playing. I have all legendaries and 1 exotic, so 29 is within reach in like 12 hours easily since I have all the shards and materials I need, just need to grind the XP on them.

Of course, my hunter got all of them from drops my main Level 30 Titan got.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's good, but it's basically the mid-tier entrant in a subclass of hand cannons that's dominated by Timur's Lash on the Legendary side and Thorn on the Exotic side. It's handily outclassed by The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer for PvE and PvP respectively.

Heel

"But first... your ghost must scan this truly amazing, ancient artifact... it will need protecting... from waves of dark enemies as he does so guardian."

"I have much to tell you, Guardian, but first go on 10 strikes without dying and purchase 15 heavy ammo synthesis from the Gunsmith."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom