• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't. You have manually find them elsewhere and invite them / join their fireteam from your friends list.

That is disappointing. You would hope the clans were more integrated.

Thanks, I'll just get the clan list and start adding people.

On that note, someone hit me up later tonight if you want someone in a group. I'm tired of randoms.

I finally got my first Legendary gear - a scout rifle and a Rocket Launcher. I'm getting frustrated on the armor side of things. I've been lvl 24 for about a week and grinding the strike lists each night isn't getting me any more light. I really need to bump up another level so I can tackle some lvl 26 operations.

Weird that the story missions for the DLC are activated from the tower?! makes me feel like they will be fetch quests with VO done in existing areas.

eh whatever. I love me some Destiny and will eat up whatever content they give me.

I am a sick man.

Tovarisc

You can tell from the preview pictures below that the Crota set looks much more alien than even the VoG set:

I don't put a lot trust into datamined stuff before it can be confirmed through official channels or in-game, but I'm weird like that. Just like I'm still waiting on 2nd VoG armor set that, according datamining, "is available".

So yeah, I'm not putting a lot trust into accuracy of datamined stuff.

Ourobolus

Banned
2 Nightfalls today - 8 Strange Coins and a 2nd Shadow Price. Sigh.

Not sure which Shadow Price I'd prefer. One has increased stability as you fire it, and the other has extra damage on the bottom half of the magazine.

Daemul

Weird that the story missions for the DLC are activated from the tower?! makes me feel like they will be fetch quests with VO done in existing areas.

eh whatever. I love me some Destiny and will eat up whatever content they give me.

I am a sick man.

The comparison to the Thorn bounty makes it sound as if they'll be fetch quests. Lord help us if that's the case.

Ambitious

Someone posted the picture of all the gear and weapons from the extension again in the other thread. When I saw it the first time it was posted on GAF, I missed this:

bootsxvej4.png

Heh.

edit: It's on DestinyTracker. There's a perk called "The Dance", which causes the character to move faster while aiming. Boring.

malfcn

Posted in the Sales thread:

Destiny Xbox Content
Season Pass (Redeemable for 2 expansions)
Vanguard Code (Weapons and Armor)
Limited Edition Code (Ghost, Ship)

$30, open for reasonable offers.
My journey is done, but for another Guardian it will continue.

If you planned on picking up the pass at $30, please consider my offer.
Help another GAFfer out.

8QW1KI6.jpg

"I have much to tell you, Guardian, but first go on 10 strikes without dying and purchase 15 heavy ammo synthesis from the Gunsmith."

"Then travel to the far reaches of the Mothyards and defend that Warsat thing you've defendeed 539 times before. Do this 3 times Guardian and you will be rewarded with Ass!"

Ikkarus

So far I have

1.) Kopyasu (me)
2.) Daggothss
3.) Outlaw_Omega
4.) Resseh
5.) Ikkarus
6.) ne0ism

Normal raid group full. If still interested as a replacement, let me know.
First complete Raid done!

Great team and had a tonne of fun!

Special thanks to Kopyasu & Outlaw for explaining every bit, really appreciated guys! :)

As for rewards:

All Ass Shards and Chatterwhite but no raid gear but I did pull Hawkmoon so I'm thrilled! All exotic hand cannons are now mine, now it's to find out which one I like most.

If any of you want to team up again let me know. :)

Someone posted the picture of all the gear and weapons from the extension again in the other thread. When I saw it the first time it was posted on GAF, I missed this:

bootsxvej4.png

Heh.

edit: It's on DestinyTracker. There's a perk called "The Dance", which causes the character to move faster while aiming. Boring.

Ah, werent these the boots that supposedly give the Hunter a new dance move?

Hey Ghaleon!! My son is 10 and running a 23 Hunter as an alt on my account. He routinely plays via remote play on the Vita.

Heck, I would love for him to learn raid mechanics some time too.
(He's likely got better twitch reflexes than his old man)
Friend me if you want and maybe we can watch them play together sometime.

PSN: ColonelOCorn

(GAF Jr.)

I'd like in on this if you guys figure out how to safely get the kids playing together. I have a 6 and 8 year old that play who have been begging to get people on their friends list. The 8 year old REALLY wants to do weekly heroics and nightfalls, but struggles to solo them.

I totally agree with this statement. Always great fun hanging out with our crew of people makes bounties, patrol, strikes, or glitching in the tower all the more fun.

Glitching in the tower? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think we spent like 20 mins just trying to jump on top of that stupid orange sign.

If you enjoy doing PVP more than strikes and weekly missions then I would say stick with it and complete all of your daily bounties (or as many as you can). On the flip side though, I think most people work on Vanguard as points and marks are much more plentiful.
Hmm some good advice, thanks for that.
Think I might just float in between, if im not sure I have enough time for strikes just go control, otherwise go strikes.

M3Freak

Banned
That is disappointing. You would hope the clans were more integrated.

Thanks, I'll just get the clan list and start adding people.

I wanted to get a clan together and invite the old RFOM guys, but I couldn't think of a name or tag. Any ideas?

I finally got my first Legendary gear - a scout rifle and a Rocket Launcher. I'm getting frustrated on the armor side of things. I've been lvl 24 for about a week and grinding the strike lists each night isn't getting me any more light. I really need to bump up another level so I can tackle some lvl 26 operations.

You should only grind to obtain the marks/reputation/glimmer you need to so you can just outright buy that shit. Hoping for random drops is a massive pain because RNGjeebus is a dick.

I'm a level 26 only because I bought my newest piece of legendary armour (arms).

realcZk

Game changes I want to see most (not story related);

• More vault space
  • No more upgrade symbols when swapping gear unless upgrade is actually available
  • Access vault from orbit
  • Ability to re-roll (random) stats on gear at the cost of glimmer+materials+armor piece of equal/like type, that resets all progression
  • Ability to re-roll (random) perks on weapons for mats+glimmer+weapon of equal/like type at the cost of progression
  • Fourth character slot
  • transmog (ability to make gear look like other armor you've picked up before)
  • Make bad juju a scout rifle
  • more badass weapon perks on exotics like thorn/necrochasm/gjallarhorn (damage over times, explosions, wolfpack), game/build changing crazy stuff, many exotics lacking in this dept
  • fix raid bugs
  • fix pvp lol

ocean

Banned
This is also a good time to mention that tomorrow, Thursday at 9:00PM Eastern Time (and presumably more thursdays to follow), I will be leading my first newbies-only raid group. Those who are looking to try the raid out for the first time (or just make some more progress) in a casual and stress-free environment, please sign up for slots- there are currently 4 open. I will teach effective (non-cheesy) strategies and encourage players to try multiple roles throughout the Vault in preparation for Atheon. Level 26 is necessary and 27 is a huge plus.

Hey! I'm not exactly a Raid noob as I've cleared it multiple times but I'd like to join a casual Normal run where I can explore new positions. So far I've been pretty set in my roles - left during Conflux, outside during Gatekeepers and Atheon etc.

This seems like a good opportunity to hop on and explore new roles, thus becoming a more flexible player. I'd understand if you give priority to actual raid virgins but if you still have a spot let me know.

Fixed1979

Hmm some good advice, thanks for that.
Think I might just float in between, if im not sure I have enough time for strikes just go control, otherwise go strikes.

Another option and one that might work for you, is to go with one of the other vendors, that way all your rank goes towards one specific target regardless of if you're doing PVP or PVE...

No matter what you do, make sure you complete the available bounties that you're able to (or want to), otherwise a long grind becomes even longer.

Bizazedo

I'd like in on this if you guys figure out how to safely get the kids playing together. I have a 6 and 8 year old that play who have been begging to get people on their friends list. The 8 year old REALLY wants to do weekly heroics and nightfalls, but struggles to solo them.

I know adults who can't solo nightfalls and heroics after being told, patiently and explicitly, how to do them.

....you got some skilled youngsters, there. Well done.

NeOak

This is also a good time to mention that tomorrow, Thursday at 9:00PM Eastern Time (and presumably more thursdays to follow), I will be leading my first newbies-only raid group. Those who are looking to try the raid out for the first time (or just make some more progress) in a casual and stress-free environment, please sign up for slots- there are currently 4 open. I will teach effective (non-cheesy) strategies and encourage players to try multiple roles throughout the Vault in preparation for Atheon. Level 26 is necessary and 27 is a huge plus.

Aww man, I get home at 9:30pm D:

I want to bring a friend to raid so she can learn.

lol ah, we're well over 1/4 of the way to OT10

|OT10| Crota in Hive means Monkey

patchday

Wanted to share my regular group's Atheon experience, post-patch.

Normal mode, all 29's and 30 so we breeze through the Raid. So we get to Atheon, fully prepared for random teleporting. The first Timestream opens and the usual question is asked - jungle/desert, left/right, Mars/Venus (this one is so wrong it's funny), but no answer...why? Only one person got teleported. Good fix, Bungie. This happened several times during the encounter, either one or two gets teleported and we had to send help in via the portal. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What was usually a routine encounter has now been broken by this "fix", and your chance of success is entirely dependent upon the Timestream teleport not glitching. There were other minor annoyances we also dealt with, but none as bad as the broken teleporting.

Seems Bungie was so desperate to get the ledge cheese out they were okay with implementing broken code. Still love the Raid, but repeatedly wiping at Atheon on hard because of broken mechanics would be infuriating.

Very sorry to hear

I did the normal raid once last night (start to finish with no cheese). We experienced no bugs like that. I did wipe us once at Atheon because I picked up the relic and got killed. Need tips to stay alive when I have a relic in the timestream people!!! I ran up to a Vex minotaur thing and got pwned right off da bat! I'm a L29 hunter specced for max armor!

Jaeyden

Wanted to share my regular group's Atheon experience, post-patch.

Normal mode, all 29's and 30 so we breeze through the Raid. So we get to Atheon, fully prepared for random teleporting. The first Timestream opens and the usual question is asked - jungle/desert, left/right, Mars/Venus (this one is so wrong it's funny), but no answer...why? Only one person got teleported. Good fix, Bungie. This happened several times during the encounter, either one or two gets teleported and we had to send help in via the portal. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. What was usually a routine encounter has now been broken by this "fix", and your chance of success is entirely dependent upon the Timestream teleport not glitching. There were other minor annoyances we also dealt with, but none as bad as the broken teleporting.

Seems Bungie was so desperate to get the ledge cheese out they were okay with implementing broken code. Still love the Raid, but repeatedly wiping at Atheon on hard because of broken mechanics would be infuriating.

Last night he decided to just not teleport anyone for us. I couldn't pick up the relic when I did get teleported and it took us about 20 minutes to open the gates because someone would disconnect every minute or so. Still have no idea how we ended up beating him...lol. Got my 3rd VoC and shards.

CornDogg

I am a sick man.

Yeah, that's the feeling I get too. Sounds like they'll throw in some Thorn-like quests where we go back and revisit old content (with a twist) as padding in between the 3 actual new story missions.

I'll eat it up too, though. I think many of us are similarly afflicted by this illness.

I wanted to get a clan together and invite the old RFOM guys, but I couldn't think of a name or tag. Any ideas?

You should only grind to obtain the marks/reputation/glimmer you need to so you can just outright buy that shit. Hoping for random drops is a massive pain because RNGjeebus is a dick.

I'm a level 26 only because I bought my newest piece of legendary armour (arms).

I guess I forgot you can buy the armor. I need to get to rank 2 first so maybe I'll work on that. Since the clans are just tags and don't have an in-game list we should just group up instead of making a separate clan. I wanted to get into one of the GAF clans so I have a big list of people to add and play with. I have pinball league tonight but I think I'm going to stay home. If I do I'll send you a message.

realcZk

Last night he decided to just not teleport anyone for us. I couldn't pick up the relic when I did get teleported and it took us about 20 minutes to open the gates because someone would disconnect every minute or so. Still have no idea how we ended up beating him...lol. Got my 3rd VoC and shards.

Haha, that's insane. The bugs in the raid are so frequent, it makes you really wonder what's going on in the QA department. Are they having trouble finding a group to playtest the raid? For the most part they aren't so bad, a wipe here and there, its whatever. It's just crazy to me that it shipped that way. Then after a hotfix to add baby bumpers and random teleports that took a month, nothing else changed.

Eric WK

Very sorry to hear

I did the normal raid once last night (start to finish with no cheese). We experienced no bugs like that. I did wipe us once at Atheon because I picked up the relic and got killed. Need tips to stay alive when I have a relic in the timestream people!!! I ran up to a Vex minotaur thing and got pwned right off da bat! I'm a L29 hunter specced for max armor!

Jump melee, but ideally one of the two other people on the portal with you should be helping you kill the adds quickly while the third focuses on oracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom