• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow Mr. Xur makes his weekly return.

Would be nice to see him with a completely different assortment, no repeats. :)

Question is: what's left in the exotic weapon category that he can let us have? The PS exclusive stuff is off limits I'm sure.

E92 M3

wGkBEVy.jpg

That's exactly the response I was looking for :D

Deku Tree

Grinding two alts really has my gears grinding again about how ridiculous it is that all three optional factions (FWC, New Monarchy, and Dead Orbit) only accept crucible marks. What the fuck!? Both PvP and PvE players would have 5 different vendors to spend marks on if they just made the optional factions accept either vanguard or crucible marks. So simple and obvious.

An awesome side effect of this would be that it could open up chance that one optional faction vendor per weekend (same time frame as Xur) could sell an exotic item that costs 400 marks (200 Crucible + 200 Vanguard) I think that would be a fair price!

I agree with you. But I have already gotten to the point where I have too many weapons, and my vault is filled with exotics, and dropped weapons are usually better than purchased weapons anyway.

ethomaz

Banned
Tomorrow Mr. Xur makes his weekly return.

Would be nice to see him with a completely different assortment, no repeats. :)

Question is: what's left in the exotic weapon category that he can let us have? The PS exclusive stuff is off limits I'm sure.
G. is the only missing when I look my vault.

Marvel

could never
If Xur doesn't sell TLW I'm going to write a letter to Bungie, instructing them in a kind yet firm manner to do so next time.

I agree with you. But I have already gotten to the point where I have too many weapons, and my vault is filled with exotics, and dropped weapons are usually better than purchased weapons anyway.

The vendors are worthless for my lvl 28 main, but as I am grinding my new alts, I am realizing I have to buy legendary gear again and I want New Monarchy for one of my alts and really, really don't want to grind PvP. The limited use the vendors even get in the timeline of anyone playing Destiny is all the more reason to open them up as much as possible! It is such a tiny window when their inventory is of any help. Let the PvE'ers enjoy it too.

A weekend exotic that rotates to a random optional faction vendor would be awesome and tough to abuse. You would need rank 3 with that faction to buy it (so you would have to take the time to at least rank up one if not all three) and you would have to save up two weeks of maxed marks in both PvP and PvE to even consider buying it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
While we know the number of story missions, we don't know the length or actual story potential they contain so far. There's a eurogamer article claiming they have something to prove with these missions, and to be fair, they do, but I'll at least go in with an open mind and everyone else that's already purchased a season pass should too.

Well...

There's this large area in the Moon you can glitch into that people thought it was the moon raid. You know, the one that ends in a large cavern with a huge skeleton.

Going by released screenshots, I believe that's not the raid but the story mission "The Awakening".

SAiLO

Did Raid on Normal with my level 29 Hunter. Got Praedyth's Revenge, Corrective Measure and shards. No Raid Armor.

Gotta keep trying.

Yes, just got the Exotic Bounty for Pocket Infinity. Nothing about it seems particularly hard but very tedious. For the 200 kills in Nightfall with Fusion, does it have to be in one go? Does the counter reset if you die?

I hit 30 on my Titan. The week's activities are done:

Nightfall -> Monte Carlo
Normal Raid -> Vision of Confluence (YES!)

I guess now it's time to create an alt.

P.S. I'm rooting against all of you wanting Xur to bring Gjallerhorn. I only have 10 coins and the weekly's done.

hydruxo

Yes, just got the Exotic Bounty for Pocket Infinity. Nothing about it seems particularly hard but very tedious. For the 200 kills in Nightfall with Fusion, does it have to be in one go? Does the counter reset if you die?

Nah it doesn't reset. Nexus is probably the easiest one to do it on too. You can just do that room with the servitors and take out as many dregs/shanks/etc as you can. I did it a month ago when Nexus was the nightfall and I'd get like 50 kills then die and redo it a few more times. It's kind of tedious but it shouldn't take too long.

Rixa

Can someone link a youtube clip for those glitches, that have appeared after bug fix.
Just curious to see whats going on. My only char is at lvl 17 so Iam not able to experience glitches.
Hopefully Bungie fixes them before Iam at raid levels

LiK

I hit 30 on my Titan. The week's activities are done:

Nightfall -> Monte Carlo
Normal Raid -> Vision of Confluence (YES!)

I guess now it's time to create an alt.

P.S. I'm rooting against all of you wanting Xur to bring Gjallerhorn. I only have 10 coins and the weekly's done.

Getting weapons I want from any activity has been near impossible.

ethomaz

Banned
Cumulative... I did in two Nightfalls.

Bladelaw

No resets just keep killing/orbit/repeat. This week's is particularly easy to get that one.

Nah it doesn't reset. Nexus is probably the easiest one to do it on too. You can just do that room with the servitors and take out as many dregs/shanks/etc as you can. I did it a month ago when Nexus was the nightfall and I'd get like 50 kills then die and redo it a few more times. It's kind of tedious but it shouldn't take too long.

Cumulative... I did in two Nightfalls.

No resets just keep killing/orbit/repeat. This week's is particularly easy to get that one.

Great, thanks. Shouldn't be so bad then, just gotta keep that Special Ammo flowing.

Deku Tree

Dear Bungie,

I worked so hard to get all of these fantastic guns... and then I leveled them up and put ass energies into them...

And I have already destroyed all the duplicates that RNGesus has given me even if they had different perks... Are you really going to make me break down some of them and pick and choose my favorite guns because you choose to not give me enough space?

Bye!

DT

SAiLO

Seconded. Those and Hawkmoon are the exotic weapons I really want and don't have.

I'm still torn about Thorn.

Thorn is a great handgun. Works well in PVP and PVE. Very satisfying when someone you've hit starts running and gets killed by Thorn poison round the corner.

Dear Bungie,

I worked so hard to get all of these fantastic guns... and then I leveled them up and put ass energies into them...

And I have already destroyed all the duplicates that RNGesus has given me even if they had different perks... Are you really going to make me break down some of them and pick and choose my favorite guns because you choose to not give me enough space?

Bye!

DT
Dude
By this point you're just being super-picky

LiK

Dear Bungie,

Bye!

DT

Damn dude.

ocean

Banned
Dude
By this point you're just being super-picky

Really? I think more Vault space isn't a weird thing to ask for. I am running out of space too. I'll have to use alts' equipment as temporary storage but once the Vault is full, managing equipment between characters becomes a serious pain in the ass.

Bungie, give us more Vault pages please! I mean the expansion will bring even more Exotics and Legendaries, how the hell are we supposed to use keep them all?

hydruxo

Really? I think more Vault space isn't a weird thing to ask for. I am running out of space too. I'll have to use alts' equipment as temporary storage but once the Vault is full, managing equipment between characters becomes a serious pain in the ass.

Bungie, give us more Vault pages please! I mean the expansion will bring even more Exotics and Legendaries, how the hell are we supposed to use keep them all?

Yeah agreed. I played Diablo 3 right before Destiny came out and they let you upgrade your stash with gold. Seems common sense to implement the same thing for Destiny. Especially with all this glimmer sitting around.

Midas

I hope the rumor about there being a sparrow getaway section is true. Would be a nice change of pace.

Yeah, hopefully. It would be nice with some new elements. Crota being a normal sized knight/Atheon size would be quite boring. It would be funnier with something like a God of War boss fight. Maybe a bit hard to design in a FPS game?

ocean

Banned
Would you guys pay for extra Vault space?

In-game currency (any of the 5 fucking currencies we have) or real-life cash? If the former, sure. If the latter, meh. I feel it'd be cheap to add vault space as paid DLC.

Materials though? Give me those US$1.99 planetary material packs and I will fork up in no time.

What if the new raid has an honest-to-god escape scene on your Sparrows, similar to the Gorgons in the fact that if one guy dies, the party dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom