• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Yeah, but look at the last patch. They basically said, "Hey we looked at all of your complaints and feedback, but fuck it, we'll still do it our own arbitrary way" The irony being, they have actually contradicted themselves based on a lot of quotes people dug up about their thoughts on "RNG for the sake of being harder"

They also completely ignored all of the raid glitches the community was vocal about prior to patch and seemingly continue to do so with the new bugs and glitches the patch added to the raid. They have stopped just short of telling us we are playing their game wrong, and that they know better. The forums and subreddit, as well as this thread are rife with people saying how broken the raid is now. A single tweet, "we are looking into the raid breaking bugs/glitches" would go a really long way

That Raid "patch" really boggles my mind. ANYONE who played through it should've hit the teleport glitches. We've hit it consistently at least once. I swear they simply altered the code for it and thought it would be fine. There's no way anyone from QA touched the Atheon fight to let this patch go through like this. They basically ruined the end game of the end game.

Destiny |OT10| "Why do you need more space, the game is set in space"
don't say that outloud, activision will catch wind of the idea....

If they charged, I think I would get my game refunded.
I ask updated question
Would you pay for extra Vault space ABOVE what Bungie gives us for free?(e.x. Bungie gives us an extra page or two for free but gives us option to buy more space)

That Raid "patch" really boggles my mind. ANYONE who played through it should've hit the teleport glitches. We've hit it consistently at least once. I swear they simply altered the code for it and thought it would be fine. There's no way anyone from QA touched the Atheon fight to let this patch go through like this. They basically ruined the end game of the end game.

yeah. until they fix this crap I am going to just pretend that the gatekeepers are the end boss.

Daemul

Destiny |OT10| "Why do you need more space, the game is set in space"

2d46a_ORIG-Sisko_groan.gif

SkylineRKR

We glitched like 3 times out of 5 warps. Bungie must've experienced it too.

So... still really loving Destiny a lot, warts and all, but we need to talk about its biggest shortcoming... that outfit lady does not change the shaders she has for sale! I NEED more colors, but keep getting the same two or three from crucible.

So... still really loving Destiny a lot, warts and all, but we need to talk about its biggest shortcoming... that outfit lady does not change the shaders she has for sale! I NEED more colors, but keep getting the same two or three from crucible.
This is probably the biggest problem the game has right now TBH

If this becomes a thing, I will stop playing.

We need more space bungie, do it god damnit
I ask updated question
Would you pay for extra Vault space ABOVE what Bungie gives you for free?(e.x. Bungie gives us an extra page or two for free but gives us the option to buy more space)

hydruxo

It's mindboggling to me. And it's a prime example of how unaware Bungie is when it comes to the details of the game that need a fix.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Current issues with Atheon.

1.- Encounter lags often. Unkillable enemies, portals not rising, etc.
2.- Getting stuck in a portal.
3.- Getting bounced back into mars or venus when exiting a portal.
4.- Atheon teleports 2 or just 1 person.
5.- People teleported get the contain if less than 3 people are alive outside.
6.- Atheon attacks hit people inside the relic bubble.

Did I miss any?

LiK

Did I miss any?

Bungie: Everything is as intended. Derp

Marvel

could never
How the fuck isn't it banning fuckers that AFK in strike playlists yet. It's fucking infuriating tbh.

I've actually stopped Tiger striking for this very reason, almost every one I do if I am by myself has one if not two leechers. It's a bro's only experience for me now.

matmanx1

Seriously. We want to look good. Why does Bungie not give us more options??

(Only half serious about this. More shaders would be fantastic but they aren't a priority over bug fixes and raid glitches.)

Tovarisc

Grind rank for Dead Orbit, their care package can give you shader that is mostly black.

GobFather

What's a good option to get strange coins other than weekly and doing it on alt? Does pvp or strike give a better chance or chest runs? Thanks !

Seriously. We want to look good. Why does Bungie not give us more options??

(Only half serious about this. More shaders would be fantastic but they aren't a priority over bug fixes and raid glitches.)

Obviously^^ But with sooooo many different shaders and a vendor who sells them, only four seems so odd...

How the fuck isn't it banning fuckers that AFK in strike playlists yet. It's fucking infuriating tbh.

it might not be intentional. there have been several times where I had to put the controller down to use the restroom or my wife needed something. I get angry sometimes and then I think that there might be real life issues that arise

ZangBa

Sounds like Atheon has become twice as buggy as before the patch, which is something I think everyone had predicted, lol. Been playing Lords of the Fallen so I haven't kept up, but it sounds like you guys are pretty pissed. I guess I won't even bother with him until its fixed, my patience for Bungie's nonsense is too low now.

Did I miss any?

Oh yeah. #3 happened to me twice last night. It took us WAY too long to beat Atheon because of the constant glitching. Group of 5 of us almost started looking for a 6th because we thought that might be the reason for the glitch. It was ridiculous.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's still just random though. It's ridiculous that there aren't guarunteed ways to get good shaders.

If I'd have known that there are no guaranteed ways to get good shaders, I would have never preordered this game.

HaleStorm

it might not be intentional. there have been several times where I had to put the controller down to use the restroom or my wife needed something. I get angry sometimes and then I think that there might be real life issues that arise

Then people should be backing out of the game so there is a chance that someone that actually will play can be stuck in your game, or I can invite a friend to replace you. Even if those don't happen, if you quite the game will scale down the difficulty for 2 or 1 person.

Okay so this:

I'm going to feel pretty cheated if Crota has a sword. The story is already non-existent as it is, but if Crota somehow has his sword, despite the fact that we specific went out and destroyed the thing, I'm going to be pretty miffed here.

At the very least, it better have some damn explanation.

MADGAME

If I'd have known that there are no guaranteed ways to get good shaders, I would have never preordered this game.

Piggybacking off this comment. Is it guaranteed you get a shader when leveling up a faction to rank 10?

Okay so this:
I'm going to feel pretty cheated if Crota has a sword. The story is already non-existent as it is, but if Crota somehow has his sword, despite the fact that we specific went out and destroyed the thing, I'm going to be pretty miffed here.

I'm sure it's possible he has more than one sword, no?

Okay so this:

T-t-t-t-t-TIME TRAVEL

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Also there's another Atheon issue that's not a bug but rather looks like careless design.

If Atheon bubbles you and you are mid jump, your trajectory will end up most of times making you go outside the bubble and die instantly.

Perhaps they should introduce a check so that if a character is mid jump, the bubble should be delayed until the character touches ground.

Piggybacking off this comment. Is it guaranteed you get a shader when leveling up a faction to rank 10?

I'm not sure if it's guaranteed, but I think it's highly likely you'll have received at least one by then. I've heard of people getting them as early as Rank 7. I'm only at Rank 6 though so I can't confirm.

I've actually stopped Tiger striking for this very reason, almost every one I do if I am by myself has one if not two leechers. It's a bro's only experience for me now.

I need to do 25 for my bad juju and I didn't feel like running a low lvl strike solo 25 times but the amount of afking is really bad.

SkylineRKR

Sounds like Atheon has become twice as buggy as before the patch, which is something I think everyone had predicted, lol. Been playing Lords of the Fallen so I haven't kept up, but it sounds like you guys are pretty pissed. I guess I won't even bother with him until its fixed, my patience for Bungie's nonsense is too low now.

Yeah, its bad. Nearly every portal run went into shambles. Randomizer wasn't even the problem, some guys actually never did it while they play this game 24/7. Its the fact 4 get warped, or only 2...

Shield hits going through enemies is something I experienced just now too.

MADGAME

Nope. It's just a random reward.

I'm not sure if it's guaranteed, but I think it's highly likely you'll have received at least one by then. I've heard of people getting them as early as Rank 7. I'm only at Rank 6 though so I can't confirm.

Just to clarify my statement (sorry I wasn't more specific), I meant the faction-specific shader, not a random one during the process of leveling.

Each faction has a it's own shader, does it not? I thought you were awarded a special faction shader by ranking it to 10. I read that somewhere, will have to go back and search for sources.

realcZk

Also there's another Atheon issue that's not a bug but rather looks like careless design.

If Atheon bubbles you and you are mid jump, your trajectory will end up most of times making you go outside the bubble and die instantly.

Perhaps they should introduce a check so that if a character is mid jump, the bubble should be delayed until the character touches ground.

Right, but people shouldn't be jumping during that time anyhow :) Make sure that everyone on your team is aware when Atheon is about to open the timestream and stands still. I've seen gravity kill lots of guardians in the VoG because of this :)

There are a lot of issues with the VoG and unfortunately I doubt this will be very high on the patch list. Bungie likes to fix what isn't broken instead.

MADGAME

Nope. It's fucking random like every other damn thing in this game is.

Just to clarify my statement (sorry I wasn't more specific), I meant the faction-specific shader, not a random one during the process of leveling.

Each faction has a it's own shader, does it not? I thought you were awarded a special faction shader by ranking it to 10. I read that somewhere, will have to go back and search for sources.

Nope. It's fucking random like every other damn thing in this game is.
Ah, well no real surprise I guess.

E92 M3

Okay so this:

He has a collection purchased from local flea market.

LiK

Can you play regular low level strikes solo?

Nope, all Strikes have matchmaking. You could technically ask two friends to join you and let them leave. They don't do a good job grabbing people into a session in progress through MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom