• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straid

Did they patched the devil walker or what? I'm doing half of damage i did before(same weapon), even in the public events.

i don't know if i wanna spend motes on a speaker class item... or an engram when xur comes.

i'm pretty ok with my alpha lupi chest and don't know if i would wanna go for anything else for my character except maybe a helm, but then again i don't really care for the helms i've seen. and if it was for another class it'd just be a few measly shards anyways...

i wish the speaker items and icons would just come out and have some special effects.

Best PvE exotic armour piece for Gunslinger?
Just hit 20 with mine. I've got Mask of the Third Man and Young Ahamkara's Spine (which I equipped).

Achlyophage Symbiote for me. http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Achlyophage_Symbiote

Extra Golden Gun shot. High discipline, increased grenade throw distance and a ton of super energy for grenade kills.

Alpha Lupi chest is also pretty good if you use hand cannons a lot, but I always miss my extra Golden Gun shot.

Ugly as fuck, though... :/

Yep.

Starting to think my first Raid haul of chest/gauntlets was a fluke. Another week of NOTHING but shards and energy. At this point I'd be happy for a single raid gun which I've also yet to receive. Le sigh.

In other news, did Bungie nerf the Nightfall?

I remember trying the Nexus Nightfall when I was 27 or 26 a few weeks ago and having to take everything extremely slow and I nearly wiped in every major encounter. I ultimately made it to the Nexus but I died before I could get it to open :/

Fast forward to today, I'm level 28 with nearly maxed LHF/Icebreaker and it was like I was playing Tiger playlist nearly. The only close call was because I got too cocky with damaging the final boss and his crazy splash damage hitting me from my nook.

Feels good to solo a nightfall finally even tho all I got was a crummy legendary scout rifle...

done. I've gotten like 6 of each and foil is the only thing I need now.

Hit me up once Bungie allows trading. I'll have it fully leveled up for you.

Weird how it's called Praetorian Foil but has solar damage.

If I hand't distmantled that second Fatebringer I'd take you up on that offer.

=D

And yes, I'll admit Fatebringer is a very nice gun.

I want a hunter subclass with dual wielding. A fatebringer in each hand.

Victrix

*beard*
Drops this week kind of killed my will to play. Three legendary drops from the Nightfall across three characters, Titan still stuck at 29 in the Raid, and I watched a friend get his second Hawkmoon while I still have yet to find either exotic HC (and they're my favorite weapon type).

When the weeklies are the only real chances at getting useful items (and the raid the only place I can hit 30 from), it's pretty demotivating for the rest of the game.

PvP has godawful loot, dailies just give more ass mats I don't need.

Bounties and patrols are xp and mats, which I also don't need.

Faction mail can give the same class marks they sell for glimmer, or nothing but ass mats.

Cryptarch mail is... yeah.

I enjoy pvp, so there's that at least, but for the rest of the pve, it's pretty crap for rewards.

The annoying thing is, it's fun to find legendary weapons with random mods, but they're stupid rare outside the weeklies.

Omni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoopAyguDWw

Made a 30 second clip. Holy balls. Literally just scraped together and beat the gatekeeper part of the raid on hard. Team was all level 29s, four people died, we dropped both relics (though I picked up one just in time) and we were one sacrifice away from losing. I died about a second before we beat it

Heart was beating hard while doing that. Satisfaction of finishing it was amazing (though energies can blaaaah)

I was going to get the Cosmic Joke cloak but I saw this ( Venom of Ikaheka ), fell in love and had to have it immediately. I also had my Hunter roll around in this rag before giving her a top tier cloak.

Before

After
Yeah I got the Strength of the Pack :) reminds me of House Stark

urg, I still have no exotic armor for my Hunter }:[ I've been trapped in Lvl 28 for quite some time now :/
do the weekly strikes and buy exotic from xur

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm too invested in the masochism to give up now.

Flawless run attempt.
-

I have an unexpected day off. You know the drill. Experience please (would prefer flawless run experience), perfect jump puzzlers only.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

As before, leaving around 12-1pm gmt.

Flawless run attempt.

Please don't do this to me... I need to sleep... *sobs uncontrollably*

I can get on in a few minutes if we get a group going, eating now.

I was messing around with this strat a little bit earlier. It seems possible but definitely much trickier. We could get him into position several times but he would teleport back behind us onto solid ground. One time in particular he was standing up there but on thin air and still didn't fall. Probably a little extra encouragement would have done it but we got teleported and wiped.

Drops this week kind of killed my will to play.

The loot/RNG system obviously has a ton of problems but I try to minimize how much I even think about it while playing. If I'm not having fun just with the game itself and the people I'm playing with then I wouldn't do it. I treat every drop as a bonus surprise and never expect anything good. Just my two cents though, I've been reasonably lucky with drops so it's easier for me to say.

Zakalwe

Banned
Please don't do this to me... I need to sleep... *sobs uncontrollably*

I can get on in a few minutes if we get a group going, eating now.

I'm making coffee and breakfast. Then I'll log in and run some bounties while I wait.

It's completely up to you if you join the flawless raid party chat I'll be making.

You have free will.

Total control.

Steroyd

Flawless run attempt.
-

I have an unexpected day off. You know the drill. Experience please (would prefer flawless run experience), perfect jump puzzlers only.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

As before, leaving around 12-1pm gmt.

As ever I'll be there, just need some fuel, we can beat the gltches damnit!

Geneijin

Anyone on PS4 interested in getting a normal raid going in 15-20 mins? 28 Hunter.

Edit: Oops. Forgot to include my PSN: Kopyasu

Zakalwe

Banned
As ever I'll be there, just need some fuel, we can beat the gltches damnit!

Yes! If we can get as many of our core team from yesterday together... It can't possibly deny us...

That quote about insanity from Far Cry 3 is running around my head for some reason.

Pretty sure this is gonna be another week where Xur brings stuff idgaf about. Just padding out my exotic collection at this point.

I did grab that second Armamentarium last week. The discipline on it was crazy. Fully upgraded its sitting at 148 lol

Zakalwe

Banned
Question: does the chance for loot increase depending on how well you play? Is there any reward for doing well?

Why would there be? Most loot based games don't do this, why would Destiny?

If you play better you can accrue bounty rep/marks faster so you can buy gear quicker.

Gordon

So I just rolled Rahool over and got a legendary engram in the mail that decrypted to a 77 Wizard. Just tested it on patrol, and I like the range but the stability and charge time leave a lot to be desired. Is there a particular perk that makes this viable, or maybe one that's deceptively good? At this point, it looks like my best build with it is +2 agility, and it has the recovering from near death as it's top perk :/
rp9lqH6.jpg

Edit: bear in mind I'm contrasting it against this;

Zakalwe

Banned
There's a 96% chance that glitches will ruin any good run anyway, so don't stress too much, haha.

It's more about learning your team, building a auitable strat, and being determined than being the best player ever.

Level 29 is over geared. As long as you have good raid experience and communicate and listen to your team you will do well.

Just please have the jump puzzle down (spiral jumpers almost absolutely preferred. The only person I trust to make the long jump at this point is warwolf).

I do want to do this, but I am predicting some random glitch will happen and screw everything up :/ I just don't have that much time for a few attempts.

How long do you have? Two hours would cover two good runs to Atheon. :3

Slixshot

Banned
Why would there be? Most loot based games don't do this, why would Destiny?

If you play better you can accrue bounty rep/marks faster so you can buy gear quicker.

Just wondering. In my mind, it makes sense. When I'm at the top of the leaderboard in a match and I see someone below me get a legendary but I get nothing, it doesn't really look right.

The marks and bounty is nice though.

k1t4j

I have a Gatekeeper Hard checkpoint (psn, can anyone of you experienced raiders help me out finishing the raid.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just wondering. In my mind, it makes sense. When I'm at the top of the leaderboard in a match and I see someone below me get a legendary but I get nothing, it doesn't really look right.

The marks and bounty is nice though.

Think of it this way: every person who completes a pvp match gets a lottery ticket.

Destiny pvp is casual. It's a super powered halo that follows the cod mentality. It has loot drops like Team Fortress. Skilled players will do better but won't be as indestructible as they are in games like Counter Strike.

I like Crucible for what it is, I have other games for other moods.

The real issues are poor map design, no blood gulch style open maps to allow for long range weapons to shine (even the large maps have too many claustrophobic areas) resulting in AR/shotgun dominance, and hit delay/lag causing frustration and constant kill trades.

Zakalwe

Banned
For sure mate thanks a lot i'm looking for more people at the moment.

Will let you know if anything!

I'll give you a hand.

Looks like I'll have to wait a few hours for flawless raiders to get on anyway.

Psn: astropoff

Unless we find two more players for a flawless run soon:

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Steroyd
3. Boguester (DrDrizzay101)
4. iRAWRasaurus

The real issues are poor map design, no blood gulch style open maps to allow for long range weapons to shine (even the large maps have too many claustrophobic areas) resulting in AR/shotgun dominance, and hit delay/lag causing frustration and constant kill trades.

I like punching people from the grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom